As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mount and Blade:Warband-X Mod better than Y Mod- Z Mod okay

• KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    I think your list is backwards there cause Ymira, Jeremus, Bunduk and Deshavi hate you looting villages. :P

They do, but you balance it out with their likes. Yeah they hate you doing it but they wont leave you for it :)

Because everyone loves everyone else in the groups, there wont be any in-fighting, so their morale usually shouldn't drop so low that they leave, even when doing stuff they don't approve of.

Klatu on
    Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ah I see.

SkutSkut on
  • MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    Messed around with BnS, it's came a long quite a bit since I last tried it.

Path finding at character creation is definitely required if you expect to even get to a village to buy troops.
    Making a barbarian and then going from town to town doing tournaments is insanely OP, I am already wearing a millanese plate and helmet, and steel boots and striped gloves. Gives me like 250 head, 250 body, and 150 leg. I attacked a nord army by myself and managed to kill 100 before the archers caught up and pin cushioned me.

Morkath on
  • bamjobamjo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    That is awesome, I'll have to start up a barbarian. I know the mod gimps barbarian's diplomacy options later in the game, but I'm not sure exactly how. Something about raising relation with lords?

I'm supporting the Vaegir claimant as my merchant character. Just took my first town, and here comes the inevitable wave of revanchists. Somehow I managed to piss off the Rhodoks to the tune of -40 relations. I was under a mercenary contract with them and had at least +2 with every lord because of sieges, and +6 with the king. I joined Vladym the Bastard while I was still under contract (in Blood and Steel merc contracts are 3 months, screw that), does that incur a penalty? I never technically broke the contract with them.

bamjo on
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So I started playing the single player and I have no idea what is going on. I mean, I'm doing alright I guess. I killed numerous bandit groups and then after an hour a Desert Raid group attacked me. I didn't want to retreat but it was like 19 to 8. Fuck those odds. Stupidly though, I didn't feel lright leaving anyone behind so I went in and somewhat expectedly lost the fight. They were all on fucking horses! I was the only one in my party on horse.

Anyway, managed to escape AND deliver the letter to whats-his-face over yonder and then began recruiting peeps from poor struggling villages. Up to 6 in total in my party. Still kinda weak after 2 goddamn hours. Seriously, where the fuck did the time go?

Big Classy on
  • FleebFleeb has all of the fleeb juice Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Big Isy wrote: »
    So I started playing the single player and I have no idea what is going on. I mean, I'm doing alright I guess. I killed numerous bandit groups and then after an hour a Desert Raid group attacked me. I didn't want to retreat but it was like 19 to 8. Fuck those odds. Stupidly though, I didn't feel lright leaving anyone behind so I went in and somewhat expectedly lost the fight. They were all on fucking horses! I was the only one in my party on horse.

Anyway, managed to escape AND deliver the letter to whats-his-face over yonder and then began recruiting peeps from poor struggling villages. Up to 6 in total in my party. Still kinda weak after 2 goddamn hours. Seriously, where the fuck did the time go?

One of us! One of us!

koo-koo_dance_6.jpg&t=1

Fleeb on
  • stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I owned a castle. for about 2 days. and then i spent a nice LONG time rotting in my castle... although it wasn't my castle anymore. Damm Rodaks. It turns out that owning the only captured rhodok castle while working for the nords resulted in a lot of ANGRY rhodoks. Now the nords and I have made peace with those forever bedammed rhodoks and I am slowly cutting my way into the decrepit heart of the vaigar monolith. I have just taken my second castle, it only remains to see. SHALL I HOLD?

stopgap on
    steam_sig.png
  • Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Big Isy wrote: »

It's pretty amazing how rapidly time disappears with this game, isn't it?

One thing you should be sure to do is recruit up a bit of an army so you don't get out-numbered by basic bandits. To pay for it, go to a town and do 2 things: First, 'walk around town' and find the Guild Master, then ask him for a job... these jobs give you rep with the city so you can later start a business, plus a small amount of cash.

Second, go to the arena and find out where tournaments are being held. Tourneys are a great source of money, especially if you bring enough denars with you to bet on yourself every round.

I guess the third thing you could do would be to loot and raze some villages, if you're of the particularly nasty sort, so throw that in as well. :D

Toxic Pickle on
    edited December 2010
    so businesses, how do you start them. and do you need to have Warband? cause I do not.

stopgap on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2010
    Yes, pretty sure businesses were added in warband. To build them you have to actually go into the town and look for a guy standing still, not by a vendor stall. Usually has 'squire' in the name, he's the guildmaster. Most mods allow you to access the guildmaster from the town screen, saves a ton of time.

bamjo on
  • Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I've never seen them have 'squire' by their name... they're just called 'Guild Master'.

I never played the original M&B, but I do recall someone in the last thread commenting on how Guild Masters are finally useful in Warband, so I assume you can't start businesses with them in the original.

Toxic Pickle on
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Some mods change them to squire.

Sir Carcass on
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Started playing Blood and Steel tonight, as a mounted archer. Crazy fun, especially with the battle resizer. The looters run around in packs of 40, which sounded intimating at first, but there's a big difference between troop quality in this mod.

And archers vs mass shitty troops is hilarious. Two looter groups, 100 troops or so, vs my army with about 20 archers and other troops. They came in one huge blob, so I just let the archers have at it.

Poor fuckers never even got to my battle line. The blob just shrank and shrank and eventually they all turned and ran away.

Though I strongly recommend turning the female mercs off. They're quite silly.

Phoenix-D on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Fuck the Fiederstain, fuck them. New PoP game, trying to go for someone different than Empire this time and I figure axe-wielders are good.

Except you recruit Recruits, which are basically nothing more than a peasant with an axe. And they upgrade to Militia, which are basically nothing more than a peasant with a bigger axe. And they upgrade to either Improved Militia (hooray, now they're farmers with shields) or Hunters.

And then you find out that the local bandits that roam the wilderness are Vienskarry Raiders/Warriors who are kind of like the Fiederstain except with much more ass kicking. This is the 3rd or 4th time that I've been captured prisoner, after having my 25-30 strong armies destroyed by forces ranging from 15 to 20 if 2-3 groups of 7-10 decide they want to team up to beat my ass down. I can't just outrecruit them because those bands aren't scared of my piddly ass recoloured villagers (they aren't, I've been chased down by a group of 10 when I had three times their number of shitty troops). And I can't run away because for some strange bloody reason, even with 4 pathfinding at my low level these raider fuckers move like the goddamn wind. Heaven forbid a band of Outlawed Adventurers wanders by, in which case I'm just outright fucked.

I think I picked the wrong side to start with :(

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Aegis wrote: »
    Fuck the Fiederstain, fuck them. New PoP game, trying to go for someone different than Empire this time and I figure axe-wielders are good.

Except you recruit Recruits, which are basically nothing more than a peasant with an axe. And they upgrade to Militia, which are basically nothing more than a peasant with a bigger axe. And they upgrade to either Improved Militia (hooray, now they're farmers with shields) or Hunters.

And then you find out that the local bandits that roam the wilderness are Vienskarry Raiders/Warriors who are kind of like the Fiederstain except with much more ass kicking. This is the 3rd or 4th time that I've been captured prisoner, after having my 25-30 strong armies destroyed by forces ranging from 15 to 20 if 2-3 groups of 7-10 decide they want to team up to beat my ass down. I can't just outrecruit them because those bands aren't scared of my piddly ass recoloured villagers (they aren't, I've been chased down by a group of 10 when I had three times their number of shitty troops). And I can't run away because for some strange bloody reason, even with 4 pathfinding at my low level these raider fuckers move like the goddamn wind. Heaven forbid a band of Outlawed Adventurers wanders by, in which case I'm just outright fucked.

I've actually run into the same problem with the Fierdsvain guy I rolled up. Pretty much all you can do is try to win an early tournament and recruit some harder-ass mercenaries from a tavern and hope they're enough to swing the battle in your favor.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm pretty much just sticking with Blood and Steel for the time being. I can't really list any big problems I have with it, which is more than I can say about other mods, so

Edit: okay, there's one. Enemies/Reinforcements appear in waves, but the waves don't stop like they do in Vanilla and other mods. They just keep coming until one side runs out of troops. Still

Docshifty on
  • SrazekSrazek Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I get that archery in Blood and Steel is supposed to be an AOE thing, but why does that mean that my accuracy needs to be set to "Not Fun. EVER" as well?

I need to mod it.

Srazek on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Srazek wrote: »
    I get that archery in Blood and Steel is supposed to be an AOE thing, but why does that mean that my accuracy needs to be set to "Not Fun. EVER" as well?

I need to mod it.

Man, what? They nerfed the accuracy?

Rhan9 on
    edited December 2010
    Only for archery. Crossbows and firearms are like sniper rifles up around 200 skill. My favorite is currently the jezzail (sp?) firearm. It has 100 accuracy and does 100 damage. Slow reload though, which is fine because it usually kills in one hit. And you can use it on horseback, unlike a siege crossbow. I'm experimenting with the cannons, and those exploding shells are pretty rad.

I'm running around scooping up all the merc cannoneers I can find. Every siege looks like a fireworks show.

bamjo on
  • MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I've been wanting to start a new game but can't decide between EatRC and Blood and Steel. Who plays which for what reasons

tell me now

MrDelish on
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm tempted to get blood and steel, it sounds like EatRC without being 90% hills.

SkutSkut on
    edited December 2010
    Well, lets see. They both have firearms. EatRC places more emphasis on them, for some factions most of your missile troops will have guns. They both add a lot to the game in different areas.

I'm playing Blood and Steel right now, it changes the battles drastically from vanilla. Battle AI is better, so tactics are more important. Occupy high ground, flank with cavalry, for god's sake protect yourself. An arrow to the face on normal settings will end you. Ranged weapons are much more deadly. And sieges are 1000% better than vanilla.

Recruitment is also different. Armies are much larger, lord's armies max out at 300+. It's not unusual to hire 50 troops at once from a village or tavern. If you take a town you can recruit in batches of 100. Overall I've found that my down time is less and battles are bigger and more frequent than in a mod like diplomacy, or in native. And sieges are epic. I just defended Khudan from a 3800 strong army against my 500 defenders. In the first assault we killed 522 and lost 35, thanks in part to the exploding shells fired by my merc cannoneers.

I haven't played enough EatRC to compare, mostly because it has some major script bugs that render it unplayable. When it's fixed I'll definitely play more.

bamjo on
  • FleebFleeb has all of the fleeb juice Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    They both have their quirks and high points. Try em both.

Fleeb on
  • Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    bamjo wrote: »
    Only for archery. Crossbows and firearms are like sniper rifles up around 200 skill. My favorite is currently the jezzail (sp?) firearm. It has 100 accuracy and does 100 damage. Slow reload though, which is fine because it usually kills in one hit. And you can use it on horseback, unlike a siege crossbow. I'm experimenting with the cannons, and those exploding shells are pretty rad.

I'm running around scooping up all the merc cannoneers I can find. Every siege looks like a fireworks show.

Cannoneers?

*downloading*

Rhan9 on
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

I would just recommend using the troop xp cheat for PoP. It doesn't flag the cheating crap, and makes the game actually fun when you have decent troops.

Sir Carcass on
    edited December 2010

I would just recommend using the troop xp cheat for PoP. It doesn't flag the cheating crap, and makes the game actually fun when you have decent troops.

we should compile a list of which cheats work;

So far we have;

Ctrl-X on troop screen to give them xp
    Ctrl-Click on map to teleport
    Import character

Morkath on
  • Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Morkath wrote: »

So far we have;

Import character

I don't really feel that importing a character is cheating. It's more like "Here's a leg up on doing the menial shit you don't need to do for the umptenth time."

But, opinions may vary.

Anon the Felon on
    edited December 2010

So far we have;

Import character

I don't really feel that importing a character is cheating. It's more like "Here's a leg up on doing the menial shit you don't need to do for the umptenth time."

But, opinions may vary.

Oh I am not claiming it is cheating, I could see the PoP team considering it as such though so figured I would mention that it doesn't trigger their stupid anticheat script.

Morkath on
  • Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

So far we have;

Import character

But, opinions may vary.

Oh I am not claiming it is cheating, I could see the PoP team considering it as such though so figured I would mention that it doesn't trigger their stupid anticheat script.

My feeling is that the PoP team feels that if you do anything that promotes you having a fun and enjoyable game experience, you're cheating.

Anon the Felon on
    edited December 2010
    Wait, what anti-cheat script?

bamjo on
    edited December 2010
    PoP has "Achievements" that give you bonuses for completing and they have a script that, if it detects cheating, disables them and denies you the bonuses. The problem is, last I heard, the way it did that was if you ever pressed the button combination for the cheat, regardless if it was enabled or not, it would flag you as a cheater.

Docshifty on
    edited December 2010
    Man, I wish they would spend more time making their mod work with warband and less time being the fun police. Just sayin.

bamjo on
    edited December 2010
    snip

So far we have;

Import character

But, opinions may vary.

My feeling is that the PoP team feels that if you do anything that promotes you having a fun and enjoyable game experience, you're cheating.

Yeah, its kinda hilarious how anti-modding the current dev for it is, considering it is a mod. Shame the original guy stopped working on it.
    Also yeah, what the guy above me said, although they did change it so you can hit it 3 times now before it flags you as a cheater.

Morkath on
  • XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    bamjo wrote: »
    Man, I wish they would spend more time making their mod work with warband and less time being the fun police. Just sayin.

Uh, it does work with warband.

Xtarath on
    edited December 2010
    so, i just did something AMAZING. i sabotaged an "allies" siege. I joined in and made sure they lost oodles of troops, it was glorious. because of my brilliance, the town that i covet barely drove off the siege, I shall now attempt to make it mine.

stopgap on
    steam_sig.png
  • MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    so, is loot supposed to be non-existent in Blood and Steel? I defeated several lords and King Yaroglek at once and got zero items

MrDelish on
    edited December 2010

So far we have;

Import character

You can also Ctrl+X on your companions skill screens to level them up. I'm pretty sure it also won't flag it if you do it on your skill screen. Ctrl+X on the shop screen will give you 1000 denars and that doesn't flag either.

Edit: Oh, and Ctrl+T on the map screen will reveal all units. It doesn't flag either.

Sir Carcass on
  • VicVic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Does anyone know how faction troop morale modifiers work? I have been running along with no problems when suddenly 10 guys deserted from my army that was at high morale. I have been using Sarranid troops and fighting the Sarranid faction and I am starting to fear that this is punishment for making my troops fight their countrymen, which would kind of make sense.

Is there a way to fix this without cheating, like making peace with the Sarranids?

Vic on
    edited December 2010
    Vic wrote: »
    Does anyone know how faction troop morale modifiers work? I have been running along with no problems when suddenly 10 guys deserted from my army that was at high morale. I have been using Sarranid troops and fighting the Sarranid faction and I am starting to fear that this is punishment for making my troops fight their countrymen, which would kind of make sense.

Is there a way to fix this without cheating, like making peace with the Sarranids?

In party screen, click on a troop, they have individual morale.

And yes, skirmishing with a faction will reduce morale of that faction's troop in your army.

Docshifty on
  • VicVic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Then I am screwed I guess. Going to use tweak to buff up my leadership as a temporary solution, I just hope that will work.

Vic on