As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mount and Blade:Warband-X Mod better than Y Mod- Z Mod okay

1565758596062»

• Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    It's an odd place to be because it probably is a fuller game than Warband was but Warband also didn't have that much going in terms of the gameplay that sat on top of all the simulation. The companion system and land/kingdom management was always pretty barebones.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
    Elvenshae
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    And speaking for myself, once I got past the early days, Warband mostly served as a mod-delivery device.

Accordingly, Bannerlord is still missing a decent chunk of the content I come to M&B for (though it’s hardly their fault).

Sir CarcassFiatilApogee
    I really don’t understand the smithing progression in this game.

Fleeb
  • ApogeeApogee Lancks In Every Game Ever Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    I really don’t understand the smithing progression in this game.

I don't understand why smithing is in the game at all. The scope of the game is so much larger than 'man makes sword', if anything it should be 'man gathers resources and expert smiths over months of campaigning, orders smithy to make 1000 swords for his army'.

All that said I really should check out the mod scene and try this game again. I'm really hoping for a Floris 2.0 of some kind - I played the shit out of that.

8R7BtLw.png
    Sir CarcassFleebElvenshaeMr RayMassena
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Or just "Ron" Registered User regular
    Smithing is in so you can learn to make one javelin and sell it for 100k each.

ElvenshaeImperfect
  • FleebFleeb has all of the fleeb juice Registered User regular
    edited June 8
    Ooo Persistent Lord of the Rings mod, for Warband, looks pretty cool

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2510524833

::edit:: Heh, man, Warband is hard on the eyes after playing Bannerlord for the past year or so :D

Fleeb on
    MassenaElvenshaeSir Carcass
    Fun thing to kvetch about in Bannerlord:

I’m leading a small army and have taken an enemy castle. While I was besieging the castle, there were a number of smaller enemy groups running around. They hadn’t formed into an army, so they couldn’t meaningfully assault my siege camp, so they basically did the Warband dance outside.

So I take the castle, but took a decent number of casualties (mostly wounded).

This puts my active strength below that of the combined enemy groups outside the castle. No real problem, right - just hole up inside while people heal for a bit. With the castle walls, I can easily hold against an assault by the groups outside.

Except.

After winning the fight to take the castle, I’m not inside the castle. The game instead puts me a significant distance outside the castle. Far enough away that I can’t reach the castle before one of the enemy groups outside can catch me, which pulls literally all of them in as reinforcements.

This kinda sucks.

edited June 13
    Smithing is in so you can learn to make one javelin and sell it for 100k each.
    Tonight I made an 88k “war glaive” because I still haven’t figured out how to put a point on a stick and throw it.

Ed: wish there was some way to pull up your last-forged recipe or favorite them or something.

Also, the list of unlocked things when you craft / forge is bad UX, because who the hell knows what a “Northern ridged blade” is for.

Ed2: Actually, the whole smithing interface is ass.

Elvenshae on
    Sir CarcassFleebImperfect
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Or just "Ron" Registered User regular
    it sure is

but I have only messed with smithing on two characters, most of the time I just ignore it because it's broken