As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Assassins Creed:It has 5 S's

13»

• Options
    fogeymanfogeyman Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    bruin wrote:
    fogeyman wrote:
    Airan wrote:
    I'm wondering whether to get this for the PC or 360.

Decisions decisions....
    I say 360. No worries about hardware and framerate, and this games seems like it would be a lot more fun with a controller than a mouse and keyboard.

First issue I agree with, but there are pc gamepads.
    Like the wired 360 pad.
    Has that wireless dongle for the 360 controller been released? If it's cheap, I'd rather get that+wireless 360 controller than a wired one.

fogeyman on
  • Options
    skaceskace Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I'm thinking I will prefer KBM for this game. Shift = Feet, Spacebar = Head, M1 = Hands w/ Weapons, M2 = Hands w/out Weapons. Just a basic setup idea, sounds like it would work nice though, guess I won't know until I get it.

skace on
    http://picasaweb.google.com/skacer | Shiren:5413-0147-4655
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    fogeyman wrote:
    Airan wrote:

Decisions decisions....
    I say 360. No worries about hardware and framerate, and this games seems like it would be a lot more fun with a controller than a mouse and keyboard.

Uh...consoles often have problems with framerates and when they do you are SOL. With a PC, at least you can upgrade necessary components if it can't handle a game.

But still, this just feels like a console game. Don't know why, just does. I think it's because I prefer playing third-person games on consoles for some reason. Maybe the KBM thing, although I've grown accustomed to playing games like Just Cause with KBM on the PC.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    honestly, i prefer PC controls over console in almost every situation.

but

but

my system is starting to become a bit aged, i fear before too long its going to be nothing more than a WoW box.

oh well, i <3 my 360

Zephos on
    Xbox One/360: Penguin McCool
  • Options
    BearcatBearcat Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Zephos wrote:
    honestly, i prefer PC controls over console in almost every situation.

but

but

my system is starting to become a bit aged, i fear before too long its going to be nothing more than a WoW box.

oh well, i <3 my 360

For me, the major upshot of the PC is the precision of the mouse over the thumbstick. I'm also lucky that I have a fairly beefy computer that can run pretty much everything.

Bearcat on
  • Options
    ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    my system can run fear fine at 1280x1024, with some of the fancy options, but any game after that is pretty much no dice at those resolutions.

guess AMDXP 2700's just don't cut it anymore.

See also Nvidia Geforce 6800gt OC

See also 1 gig of ram

Zephos on
  • Options
    ToadTheMushroomToadTheMushroom Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    This will not control well on the PC.

Well, at least in my opinion. Seems like it is built for a console, plus, you know, the graphics look stunning and ACHIEVEMENTS!

Pretty much my PC is reserved for now is RTS games and WoW.

360 does pretty much all other games better.

ToadTheMushroom on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    achievements are coming to official games for windows though aren't they?

Edit: yeah, a little RTS & WoW machine here too Toad.

although, i couldn't even freaking hardly run Company of Heroes. I was so depressed that day, not because i couldn't play the game, but because i realized that my system is finally kaput.

Zephos on
  • Options
    ToadTheMushroomToadTheMushroom Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Zephos wrote:
    achievements are coming to official games for windows though aren't they?

Edit: yeah, a little RTS & WoW machine here too Toad.

although, i couldn't even freaking hardly run Company of Heroes. I was so depressed that day, not because i couldn't play the game, but because i realized that my system is finally kaput.

CoH is the absolute top end my PC can run. Fuck Supreme Commander.

Spore maybe though we will have to see.

Basically, Im sick of upgrading incrementally all the fucking time, when I could just buy a 360 and be 'safe' for 5-6 years. I mean look at God of War 2, that shit is still stellar on the PS2. Id be happy if that quality game was coming out when the 720 is 2 years out.

ToadTheMushroom on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    ah fuck, forgot about spore :(

Zephos on
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    fogeyman wrote:
    Airan wrote:

Decisions decisions....

Uh...consoles often have problems with framerates and when they do you are SOL. With a PC, at least you can upgrade necessary components if it can't handle a game.

But still, this just feels like a console game. Don't know why, just does. I think it's because I prefer playing third-person games on consoles for some reason. Maybe the KBM thing, although I've grown accustomed to playing games like Just Cause with KBM on the PC.

Yeah, I'd say they had consoles in mind when designing.

I mean, Thief was fine on my old laptop, but just would play more naturaly on a console.

I'm feeling the pain the other way right now, playing Morrowind (GOTY! LOL) on my XBOX.

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    skaceskace Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Basically, Im sick of upgrading incrementally all the fucking time, when I could just buy a 360 and be 'safe' for 5-6 years. I mean look at God of War 2, that shit is still stellar on the PS2. Id be happy if that quality game was coming out when the 720 is 2 years out.

How short is your upgrade routine exactly? I never feel like I'm upgrading my PC all the time. And I got a 7800GT when it's price dropped and I've been able to run everything, including CoH. Oooh, CoH ran flawless. Only games I've had problems with is Gothic 3 and NWN2 before I turned off environmental shadows.

skace on
    http://picasaweb.google.com/skacer | Shiren:5413-0147-4655
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I found the official premise of the game for all those worried about religion versus religion thingies.

"The Third Crusade is tearing the Holy Land apart. You are an elite Assassin sent to stop the hostilities by suppressing the powers on both the Crusader and Saracen sides. But as you carry out your missions, a conspiracy begins to unfold. You find yourself tangled up in a conflict that threatens not only the Holy Land, but the entire world."

So he's there to stop both sides. Neither is the "bad guy". So rest easy.

Yes! Demons in the game!

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    fogeyman wrote:
    bruin wrote:
    fogeyman wrote:
    Airan wrote:

Decisions decisions....

First issue I agree with, but there are pc gamepads.
    Like the wired 360 pad.
    Has that wireless dongle for the 360 controller been released? If it's cheap, I'd rather get that+wireless 360 controller than a wired one.

Feb 16th according to amazon.

Rook on
  • Options
    YardGnomeYardGnome Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I don't know if it's a prerelease thing, but Gizmodo is giving away a Vista pack that has a Wireless 360 PC controller in it.

EDIT: Well, at least they WERE.

YardGnome on
  • Options
    Recoil42Recoil42 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Thread needs better pics.

Of Jade Raymond.
    JadeRaymond.jpg

Recoil42 on
  • Options
    RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I sometimes get depressed because I'm going into the game industry and I always assumed that meant I'd never meet another attractive female ever.

This thread has made me happy.

Also, neck stabbings are yes.

Remington on
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Remington wrote:
    I sometimes get depressed because I'm going into the game industry and I always assumed that meant I'd never meet another attractive female ever.

This thread has made me happy.

Also, neck stabbings are yes.

I hope those were two seperate subjects.

On careers and hot-or-not, marketing does indeed have a high ratio of good looking women, but the males... well, one in my co's dept is in a Jimmy Buffet cover band. And dresses the part... at work.

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Zephos wrote:
    my system can run fear fine at 1280x1024, with some of the fancy options, but any game after that is pretty much no dice at those resolutions.

guess AMDXP 2700's just don't cut it anymore.

See also Nvidia Geforce 6800gt OC

See also 1 gig of ram

E6600 Dual core+ 2 7900 GS's+ true x16 by x16 SLI= I want prettier games to play, they better make this REALLY gorgeous on PC.

Shade on