Options

i turned into a turian, whoa-oh-oh

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    TankHammer wrote: »
    I like that you can leave Zaeed
    to die at the end of his loyalty mission if you do it after completing the game

It's such a small thing that less than 1% of the people that play this game will see but it's still cool that Bioware took the time to do that

Yeah you totally can.
    If you take the paragon route he misses his chance to kill his old partner. Then he berates you for wasting time saving civilians when you should have been helping him murder the dude. A big I-beam or something falls on him while he's standing in some fuel and he can get set on fire from a spent heat sink.
    I don't think you have to do it after completing the game, though. Pretty sure it happens no-matter what time you do it.
    If your paragon score is high enough, you can berate him while he's stuck, get the idea through his mass of scar tissue masquerading as a head that this is bigger than his petty revenge, and save his life/keep him around for the endgame.

Or leave him to die.

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Man Zaeed was pretty alright, why you gotta do a thing

Zaeed was funny and cool and worth taking with you

he was a complete bastard though

Solar on
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    Still haven't figured out who (or what) generic british soldier guy takes out in that teaser clip.

Looked like a possible Collector maybe.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    No, the option only appears after you've destroyed the collector base.

Trust me. I've tried.

Didgeridoo on
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Still haven't figured out who (or what) generic british soldier guy takes out in that teaser clip.

Looked like it but they obscured it in debris and smoke purposefully so we can't be sure. I think that hints at these being different aliens.

Also, any speculation on how the reapers managed to get from dark space into Earth's proximity without the aid of a mass relay?

TankHammer on
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    didge why you gotta hate on merciless murder-for-hires

Squall on
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    (I actually like Zaeed for most of the rest of the game)

(but he is just such a complete fucker on his loyalty mission)

Didgeridoo on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Squall wrote: »
    didge why you gotta hate on merciless murder-for-hires

It's not like 90% of your squad is that much better.

The only real difference is they came from Circumstances or had Reasons.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    why did you capitalize those things

Squall on
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Looked like it but they obscured it in debris and smoke purposefully so we can't be sure. I think that hints at these being different aliens.

Also, any speculation on how the reapers managed to get from dark space into Earth's proximity without the aid of a mass relay?

Improbability Drive.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    cadmunkycadmunky One hand on the bottle, The other a shaking fist.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    great, now i gotta go pick up ME1.

again.

maybe just a second playthrough of 2 for now.

cadmunky on
    5955603848_aed2690084.jpg
    "Think of it as Evolution in Action"
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I have a hard time playing ME1 again, it has a lot of the RPG stuff I missed in 2 but the combat and environments in 2 are way better

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Same here. Plus exploring planets is so tedious in ME1. I had fun the first time but I have no drive to do it a second time around.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Improbability Drive.

Simultaneously Reapers and a small bowl of petunias

Usagi on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    In ME1 the reapers were going to use a mass effect relay right? So they would have to have one out in dark space or wherever they are

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    In ME1 the reapers were going to use a mass effect relay right? So they would have to have one out in dark space or wherever they are

needs a receptive relay: the citadel in this case.

maybe the reapers got in by sacrificing something that makes them much more vulnerable? a gamble to destroy shepard and humanity (the biggest threats in their eyes)

Nuzak on
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    They're using magic, it turns out Merlin was real and he was secretly a reaper

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    maybe if Shepard was rebuilt using Reaper tech then Shepard is the relay!!!11!11!!

Solar on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Nuzak wrote: »

maybe the reapers got in by sacrificing something that makes them much more vulnerable? a gamble to destroy shepard and humanity (the biggest threats in their eyes)

Well I mean, thay can't just point their relay at another one and come in that way? I just assumed the Citadel served the dual purpose of 1) telling the other reapers to wake up and 2) having them all show up at the hub of galactic government for the most dramatic/destabalizing effect

But I'm not a mass-relayologist so I don't really know. It's a neat question though

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Zaeed rules

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Man Zaeed was pretty alright, why you gotta do a thing

Only Wrex has pointed a gun at me and lived to tell about it.

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I am so badass

Seriously on
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I can't wait to either play or work on ME3.

Either of these will be acceptable.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    See if you can get put in charge of the Garrusification of Kaidan for me okay

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I dont understand what you expect Vsove to do for a corpse

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Games need moar Thane.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Zaeed is Space Muldoon

I love him for this

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Maybe the Illusive Man brings reaper tech too close to Earth and that's how they get there.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Well I mean, thay can't just point their relay at another one and come in that way? I just assumed the Citadel served the dual purpose of 1) telling the other reapers to wake up and 2) having them all show up at the hub of galactic government for the most dramatic/destabalizing effect

But I'm not a mass-relayologist so I don't really know. It's a neat question though

yeah, the relay basically keeps open a big tunnel of massless, physics-defying wallhax space. without both sides holding it open, i imagine somewhere around the middle you just start dropping out of light-speed way faster than you want to, and shedding all that extra kinetic energy as facemelting radiation

Nuzak on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

yeah, the relay basically keeps open a big tunnel of massless, physics-defying wallhax space. without both sides holding it open, i imagine somewhere around the middle you just start dropping out of light-speed way faster than you want to, and shedding all that extra kinetic energy as facemelting radiation

I thought using a mass relay without a receiving point on the other hand would just fling you in a general direction without stopping you. Basically you'd end up stranded at a random point in space, potentially far away from civilization or another relay to make it home.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Maybe each Reaper is capable of generating it's own relay field and locking onto another Reaper or target relay, it's just the Citadel was the best target becasue galactic leadership etc (a good reason to save the council I thought, the Protheans all got killed because of decapitated leadership, thougt it best to avoid that).

Solar on
  • Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    for a race of super smart machines that seem to have a hojillion redundancies, having everything hinge around 1 mass relay does not seem like something they would do.

Maybe this was all according to their design, they wanted to see which species was the best of the best so they made these scenarios up as a test

Tasteticle on

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I kind of like that idea, actually

If you were to find out that Shepard was in fact no further along the path than anyone that came before him

Tasteticle on

• Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    You mean like the Matrix.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    row row

Squall on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Sure why not

The Matrix didn't invent that plot twist, and it can be quite a good one as long as it is presented well

Tasteticle on

• Options
    edited December 2010
    But then just like the Matrix Shepard goes "fuck that shit" and is the first to break the cycle, but he doesn't make peace with the Reaper he kicks their tentacled asses.

Let's not fool ourselves, at the end of the game Shepard will win. It would be rediculous and shitty if he/she didn't.

Solar on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Sure, he's going to win

But I would really like if he didn't

I don't think Bioware has either the desire nor the gonads to end it that way though

Tasteticle on

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Tasteticle wrote: »
    Sure, he's going to win

But I would really like if he didn't

I don't think Bioware has either the desire nor the gonads to end it that way though

It's not the story for that kind of move

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    It would be pretty awesome if that was one of the possible endings.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
This discussion has been closed.