As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Old Wrestling thread is old. Go find the new one. [Wrestling]

• Options
    KurnDerakKurnDerak Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    If they have him be less in the ring and more on the mic it could work out well. However, seeing as he won't really have much control in WWE compaired to what he had in WCW and in TNA (I imagine, though his TNA run worked well IMO), he will most likely come back looking pretty strong and then just kind of turn into another big scary guy that doesn't actually achieve much. Sort of an American Khali.

As far as HHH, Undertaker, and their respective previous feuds. I could see Undertaker taking out Triple H at Mania, then Sheamus comes along and goes "Hey, fella, he was mine. This is leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Too many limes, too many limes, fella!" Or something like that. Then Taker and Sheamus feud. Sadly, though, I think the overall Kane storyline was resolved when he was feuding with Edge seeing as they got rid of Paul Bearer and Kane is out of the title picture.

KurnDerak on
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    TNA's shocker that will end IMPACT tonight?
    According to PWTorch, it looks like TNA will reintroduce Sting at tonight's TNA Impact tapings in Fayetteville, NC. Word is that they will reveal Sting as a challenger to world champion Jeff Hardy, and start an angle that will carry over to the Victory Road PPV on March 13th.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    According to PWTorch, it looks like TNA will reintroduce Sting at tonight's TNA Impact tapings in Fayetteville, NC. Word is that they will reveal Sting as a challenger to world champion Jeff Hardy, and start an angle that will carry over to the Victory Road PPV on March 13th.

See WWE why waste a woker who only really works a couple PPV matches anymore on a none title match when you can have him destroy your champion instead!

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hope there's a stipulation in his contract that when he wins that retarded pink belt he gets to design a slightly less retarded looking one.

Maximum on
  • Options
    QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So Mistico has officially been signed with WWE. They had a big press conference/release thing in Mexico City this morning. He will be known as "Sin Cara". There's speculation that WWE wants to make use of him right away and will push him up to the main roster, side-stepping FCW all together.

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    NOSAWA to VOODOO MURDERS spin off. They'll all wear orange jump suits and their video will be mugshots.
    It'll be sick. Make it happen All Japan.

QuickSnap wrote: »
    So Mistico has officially been signed with WWE. They had a big press conference/release thing in Mexico City this morning. He will be known as "Sin Cara". There's speculation that WWE wants to make use of him right away and will push him up to the main roster, side-stepping FCW all together.

Dos Caras Jr. is furious about this news.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Lord Of The PantsLord Of The Pants Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Lord Of The Pants on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    NOSAWA to VOODOO MURDERS spin off. They'll all wear orange jump suits and their video will be mugshots.
    It'll be sick. Make it happen All Japan.

Dos Caras Jr. is furious about this news.

I'm sure he is. :)

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    He's so upset, he's going to Wrestlemania and might win a world title.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    He's so upset, he's going to Wrestlemania and will win a world title, it's his destiny.

Maximum on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    MaximumJ wrote: »
    He's so upset, he's going to Wrestlemania and will win a world title, it's his destiny.

I love you guys. :D

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011

I love you guys. :D But, of course, you already knew that

KurnDerak on
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    KurnDerak wrote: »

I love, I lovvve you guuuuuyyyyyssssss. :D But, of course, you already knew that

Shadowen on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

I- I LOVE YOU GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUYYYYYYSSSSSSSSSSSSS :D But, of course, you already knew that

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

I- I LOVE YOU GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUYYYYYYSSSSSSSSSSSSS :D But, of course, you already knew that
    WadeApproves.gif

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

WadeApproves.gif

2ak0b2e.gif

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2011
    I hate you pricks for making me remember Brother Love.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    So next week's IMPACT! tapings are going on right now. Just started. Here's the beginning:
    Dixie Carter opens the show and says her legal dispute over TNA didn't turn out how she wanted. Immortal comes out followed by Hulk Hogan, making his return. Hogan announces that he now owns TNA and Dixie Carter is unemployed. Fortune comes out and goes back and forth on the mic with Immortal to end the segment.

OK, somebody else can keep track of all future TNA spoilers. I'm fucking done. I am not even bothering with this fuckup of a company anymore.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    So next week's IMPACT! tapings are going on right now. Just started. Here's the beginning:
    Dixie Carter opens the show and says her legal dispute over TNA didn't turn out how she wanted. Immortal comes out followed by Hulk Hogan, making his return. Hogan announces that he now owns TNA and Dixie Carter is unemployed. Fortune comes out and goes back and forth on the mic with Immortal to end the segment.

OK, somebody else can keep track of all future TNA spoilers. I'm fucking done. I am not even bothering with this fuckup of a company anymore.

I'm gonna call it right now: TNA has Jumped the Shark.

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Fortune vs Immortal sounds like something Rob Liefeld would have drawn in the 1990's. And it would have had a foil cover. With a Wolverine cameo.

Kreutz on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    What have TNAs ratings been lately?

You know, with everything that TNA is doing they should just go all in with it. Instead of having Abyss just beat people nearly to death with his nailed 2x4, have him kill someone as an on screen way of explaining why that person they fired isn't there anymore. Instead of just having it be a behind the scenes legal power struggle between Hogan and Dixie... and maybe Flair still, I don't know, they should have it be done vicariously through their wrestlers. Basically it would be a new nWo angle and each faction would be fighting for control of TNA. So one week when TNA is in control, it is TNA Impact, when Hogan's team has the lead it is Immortal Wrestling or something. Put Jeff Hardy in a rush for the title because he doesn't have the money he needs for his drugs and he would be able to have it with the pay bonus from being champion. His main competition would be RVD, and they would have a pot on a pole coated in coke match. Shark Boy goes crazy one week from not being on TV so Jaws like music hits and you see one of the wrestlers backstage get pulled off screen, and then you find out that Shark Boy ate him to get his TV spot. Just go completely over the top and absurd so that people will tune in just to see what the hell is going to happen. The other option, obviously, is simply to get a higher quality product and they seem to be working their ass off to avoid that.

KurnDerak on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    The piece de resistance on my farewell from all things TNA
    They aired a 3-3-11 video, taking a jab at WWE and The Undertaker.

* Sting defeated Jeff Hardy to win the TNA World Title in a very solid match. Sting got a massive pop and is wearing new ring gear. Sting defeated Hardy with the Scorpion Death Lock to win the title.

I'm done with TNA. I swear to God.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    What have TNAs ratings been lately?

You know, with everything that TNA is doing they should just go all in with it. Instead of having Abyss just beat people nearly to death with his nailed 2x4, have him kill someone as an on screen way of explaining why that person they fired isn't there anymore. Instead of just having it be a behind the scenes legal power struggle between Hogan and Dixie... and maybe Flair still, I don't know, they should have it be done vicariously through their wrestlers. Basically it would be a new nWo angle and each faction would be fighting for control of TNA. So one week when TNA is in control, it is TNA Impact, when Hogan's team has the lead it is Immortal Wrestling or something. Put Jeff Hardy in a rush for the title because he doesn't have the money he needs for his drugs and he would be able to have it with the pay bonus from being champion. His main competition would be RVD, and they would have a pot on a pole coated in coke match. Shark Boy goes crazy one week from not being on TV so Jaws like music hits and you see one of the wrestlers backstage get pulled off screen, and then you find out that Shark Boy ate him to get his TV spot. Just go completely over the top and absurd so that people will tune in just to see what the hell is going to happen. The other option, obviously, is simply to get a higher quality product and they seem to be working their ass off to avoid that.

The way I see it is they're caught between both extremes and are trying to have their cake and eat it too.

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

4rgweu9
    ?

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    No that would be jobbed the shark.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    No that would be jobbed the shark.

Oh have they ever jobbed the shark.

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    They've killed the shark and sodomized the corpse at this point.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Listen, I'm not coming in here to bash Wrestling. I get it, I used to be a fan (when I was 12, it was mostly about collecting WWE trading cards though) I am coming in here to bash TNA. I just caught an episode while flipping channels. It had Jarret French kissing what looked like a dude in a wig (who he was getting married to???) to while curt angle looked on in horror... for like 45 seconds obviously setting up his own take down. This was some of the worst, most pathetic display of not only wrestling but entertainment in general that i have ever seen in my life. I've seen backyard handy-cam wrestling films that were attached to court cases as evidence that we're more professional than what I just watched. What a steaming pile of horseshit.

Rarely does something that I catch for a minute or two while flapping channels causes the sensation of me wanting to get my money back, but this did the trick.

edit: I will leave that unedited.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Welcome to the horrible mess that is TNA.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I hate to break it to you, but I imagine that "dude in a whig" is Karen Angle, who is Kurt Angle's ex wife IRL and on the show. So the show has gone from "Hey, you're banging Angle's wife while they are separated but not divorced? Bye Double J" to "You're going to marry Angle's ex-wife? LET'S MAKE IT A TV ANGLE!"

KurnDerak on
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I hate to break it to you, but I imagine that "dude in a whig" is Karen Angle, who is Kurt Angle's ex wife IRL and on the show. So the show has gone from "Hey, you're banging Angle's wife while they are separated but not divorced? Bye Double J" to "You're going to marry Angle's ex-wife? LET'S MAKE IT A TV ANGLE!"

":whistle:THAT... THAT.. DUDE LOOKSLIKE ALAAADAYY THAT THAT:whistle::whistle:"

":whistle:DUDELOOKSLIKEALAAADAAAY:whistle::whistle:"

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    edited February 2011

That's because Sin Cara was behind it from the start! To foil TNA with worthless, shitty angles and horrible wrestling that will make his wondrous and highly anticipated debut all the more fantastic by comparison!

SinCara.jpg

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    :whistle:(Curt Angles Wife)Dude, dude, dude, dude looks like a lady
    (Curt Angles Wife)Dude, dude, dude, dude looks like a lady
    :whistle:

THAT THAT.. SHOW TNA SUCKS OLDMAN steroid cancer BALLS THAT THAT

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

That's because Sin Cara was behind it from the start! To foil TNA with worthless, shitty angles and horrible wrestling that will make his wondrous and highly anticipated debut all the more fantastic by comparison!

SinCara.jpg

That is an awesome new mask, actually. Like if Batman was a luchadore (which would be the greatest iteration of batman)

Lux on
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

4rgweu9
    ?

21162350qe64sjsu.gif

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiiwfjrxtGI
    Trios11_66.jpg
    Trios11_33.jpg
    Trios11_5.jpg
    Trios11_2.jpg
    Trios11_444.jpg
    Trios11_777.jpg
    Trios11_1.jpg
    Trios11_8888.jpg
    Trios11_999999.jpg
    Trios11_10.jpg

I like that Team Michinoku Pro looks like they're going to kill Team Australia in those images.

I'm just gonna quote this. Bring it back around. You know, deodorize the horrible TNA smell.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Frank BrakFrank Brak Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Sin Cara's mask looks like some kind of Masked Rider/Beetleborg/VR Trooper character

Frank Brak on
    "hold the phone. now give the phone to me."
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiiwfjrxtGI
    Trios11_66.jpg
    Trios11_33.jpg
    Trios11_5.jpg
    Trios11_2.jpg
    Trios11_444.jpg
    Trios11_777.jpg
    Trios11_1.jpg
    Trios11_8888.jpg
    Trios11_999999.jpg
    Trios11_10.jpg

I like that Team Michinoku Pro looks like they're going to kill Team Australia in those images.

I'm just gonna quote this. Bring it back around. You know, deodorize the horrible TNA smell.

Oh yes, I can't wait to...well, watch the dvds of this.

Schide on
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Well...TNA did one smart thing last night. They brought back ODB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXUdBM4J_MQ

Maybe TNA will finally turn the knock outs back around and bring back a few of the knock outs that made the division famous. Now to get back on TV Alyssa Flash, Daffney, and Hamada. Except they refuse to pay Hamada what she was worth. If Spike didn't have such strict male vs female violence rules Hamada would have fit right in the old X Division

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    Lord Of The PantsLord Of The Pants Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I've got nothing...

Just... y'know... TNA, man.

Lord Of The Pants on
    steam_sig.png