As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Galahad wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Ok so who's scarier as someone potentially having to save someone elses life, daxon or res?

Res probably has more practical experience.

Daxon's probably got a better academic knowledge base.

So...

If I was bleeding to death RIGHT NOW, I think I'd want Res.

In a few years the other way around.

But they are both like sociopathic, so I'd be all worried they'd start waxing poetic on the human condition and decide death was a better option.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Daxon wrote: »
    Ok so who's scarier as someone potentially having to save someone elses life, daxon or res?

Hey fuck you.

Res would definitely be my choice of who to save my life in an ultra urgent situation like if you're bleeding out cause he's used to that kind of stuff.

I've done nothing really of the kind. Only learnt how to suture yesterday - that was pretty awesome and fun as well though really.
    Res seems like he'd be a "one for you, one for me" kind of medicine dispenser though.

It's like choosing between Dr. Leo Spaceman and the dude from MASH.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

So...

But they are both like sociopathic, so I'd be all worried they'd start waxing poetic on the human condition and decide death was a better option.

Well, you could come to me.

But I've only ever done mice.

And I've got a 0% patient survival rate.

Galahad on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Hey fuck you.

Res would definitely be my choice of who to save my life in an ultra urgent situation like if you're bleeding out cause he's used to that kind of stuff.

I've done nothing really of the kind. Only learnt how to suture yesterday - that was pretty awesome and fun as well though really.
    Res seems like he'd be a "one for you, one for me" kind of medicine dispenser though.

It's like choosing between Dr. Leo Spaceman and the dude from MASH.
    I just realized Alan Alda has been on 30 Rock, and they haven't done a Dr. Spaceman/Hawkeye joke yet. This needs to be remedied...

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

So...

Don't start this again, I'm not a sociopath. Just a cynic and a realist.

But despite my personal beliefs I'll always treat and care in the best interests of the patient.

Medicine really works in teams though. Anything non-standard is brought to the attention of your colleagues more senior and junior than yourself and you consult with them about what to do. It's great how stuff works.

Then again I'm getting my training at one of the best hospitals in the entirety of the United Kingdom which is pretty damn excellent. Didn't realise how lucky I was when I applied here.

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

I just got to mexico like I did for all those abortions. Its way easier to blame the doctor when he only speaks like half the language and he's paid by the cartels.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'd call my sister

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Don't ever label yourself a realist. From other peoples POV you'll end up an optimist/pessimist anyway.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Secret Santa gifts sent!

I feel better already.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I'd call my sister

bow chicka wow wow, the doctor is in!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    If I needed a doctor, I'd wander into the woods to discover myself and connect with nature before dying, cradled by the Earth.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'd pick Res. He may be crazy but he'd give me good pain meds. Daxon would try to make sure I could pay the bill first.

Ludious on
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Waiting at the post office sucks

Rent on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Don't ever label yourself a realist. From other peoples POV you'll end up an optimist/pessimist anyway.

Personally I'm a fantasyist, it makes for more entertaining beliefs and I don't have to always assert that my pessimistic whining is grounded in "reality".

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'd let Daxon do medicine on me. He seems less of a drunk than most medical students I've encountered.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Personally I'm a fantasyist, it makes for more entertaining beliefs and I don't have to always assert that my pessimistic whining is grounded in "reality".

Yeah, that works. See, Preacher understands!

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Rent wrote: »

Its the best for wanting to hate others though. You see someone sending off twenty packages and they don't have precise addresses and you want to murder them while their children watch.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    This is kind of hard. Daxon is angry, but Res is depressed.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm an ismistophobe

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Ludious wrote: »
    I'd pick Res. He may be crazy but he'd give me good pain meds. Daxon would try to make sure I could pay the bill first.

O_o

Gov't is paying for your bill, I don't give a shit.

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Yeah, that works. See, Preacher understands!

Brotherhood of the fur haps.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    time made the tea fucking party 2nd place for "person of the year"

really

REALLY?

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

O_o

Gov't is paying for your bill, I don't give a shit.

Hahahahaha

Ha

hahahahaha

Arch on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I'm an ismistophobe

Your afraid of the goddess isis?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I think I'd rather sort myself out using wikipedia than letting Res have his way with me though.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I'd let Daxon do medicine on me. He seems less of a drunk than most medical students I've encountered.

Drunk? Not the ones I've met.
    Drunk doesn't even begin to describe the substances they imbibed.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Looks like the girlfriend got a job, house hold income increasing by roughly 60%
    Achievement Unlocked.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010

really

REALLY?

Man Hitler was Time's man of the year, its not a presitigous award.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Its the best for wanting to hate others though. You see someone sending off twenty packages and they don't have precise addresses and you want to murder them while their children watch.

Theres this chatty old fucker just talking up the employee and I want to strangle him slowly to death

Rent on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Theres this chatty old fucker just talking up the employee and I want to strangle him slowly to death

stab him in the neck stab him in the neck stabhimintheneck!

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I'd call my sister

she's a nurse practitioner with like 5 years of EMT experience too :P

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Yes if I ever want to remember why I pay more for UPS to ship my things, its because going to the post office is on par with putting my dick in the open part of a door jamb and slamming it shut while watching "keeping up with the Kardashians".

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I'd call my sister

she's a nurse practitioner with like 5 years of EMT experience too :P

Yeah my mother in law is a PA and my sister in law is a nurse. I'd go to neither of them though, because honestly I've seen my Mother in law carve a turkey, her hands shake worse then mine.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Most of the local post offices in my city were closed for reasons that nobody understands (as they all busy all the damn time), so now there is only the small one left. The queue is always stretching out onto the street. I passed it night before last at about 6pm (they must've extended their hours for Christmas) and they had more or less blocked the entire road with a zig-zagging swarm of people carrying festive boxes.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

I just got to mexico like I did for all those abortions. Its way easier to blame the doctor when he only speaks like half the language and he's paid by the cartels.

¡Oh mi dios! ¡Su el tipo con un útero! ¡Otra vez! Hemos robado un riñón, mitad de un hígado… ¿Conjeturo que podríamos tardar a algo de médula este vez?

thank you babelfish

Galahad on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    At least everyone else here seems pretty fucking with it in terms of mailing their shit and leaving

Rent on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I am going to translate this based solely on my 9th grade spanish class.

Omy God. You're getting an abortion. Oi vey. Robot blood and funyuns will not ruin my enjoyment of Hidalgo. I don't believe your retarded baby's brain is even formed.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Y'know guys? I'm really gearing up towards wanting to become a surgeon.

Other things that happened today:
    - I learnt that UCH (hospital I'm based) is pretty much the only place female to male sex changes are done in the UK.
    - Some twat of a patient made a big row about not wanting to be on a ward where one of the ward nurses was a transgender person and had to be moved because he was being such a dick about it. Patient should just have manned up.

Daxon on
  • Options
    Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

really

REALLY?

LIBERAL

MEDIA

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    20101215.gif

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
This discussion has been closed.