Options

[Chat]

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Richy wrote: »
    This girl's been annoying me and I want to tell her to fuck off. I wrote a nicely-worded lengthy email about all the reasons I hate her. Problem is, she barely understands English and misunderstands everything I say. She probably won't be able to make heads or tails of my email.

I tell you, there's nothing more frustrating than telling someone in detail why they should fuck off and have it go harmlessly right over their head.

You can't say something like that without posting the e-mail :O

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    As a Christian I'm offended that the Icthus ever even became a fucking rally cry for the origin debate.

Ludious on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    time made the tea fucking party 2nd place for "person of the year"

really

REALLY?

LIBERAL

MEDIA

OH NOES!

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Huh, someone hit the Bellagio for $1.5 million in chips.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    God bless someone linking retsupurae yesterday.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I like how you said he should have manned up and was being a dick and a twat

in reference to sex change bigotry

I mean the female to male trans people are clearly manning up so he should follow their example

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Did anyone else watch the Robot Chicken christmas special and think it absolutely terrible?

I don't understand how I ever enjoyed that show - it was so shit.

edit: EM, that was just unintended punning going on. I knew it was there but I just think people should be cool enough with their beliefs and of other's that they don't throw a hissy fit the second they see something they find offensive.

Daxon on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Huh, someone hit the Bellagio for $1.5 million in chips.
    Hey, did anyone see where George Clooney went? He was here a second ago...

Bama on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    20101215.gif
    I have one of these on the back of my car.

il_570xN.129099841.jpg

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Daxon wrote: »
    Y'know guys? I'm really gearing up towards wanting to become a surgeon.

Other things that happened today:
    - I learnt that UCH (hospital I'm based) is pretty much the only place female to male sex changes are done in the UK.
    - Some twat of a patient made a big row about not wanting to be on a ward where one of the ward nurses was a transgender person and had to be moved because he was being such a dick about it. Patient should just have manned up.
    How did he know the person was transgendered? Do patients give staff spongebaths at this hospital? Are you actually in Soviet Russia?

Bama on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    A guy (or gal, I'm not sure whose car it is) I work with has a bumper sticker that reads (approx.) "what classrooms really need is a moment of SCIENCE."

I never been able to catch the guy on his way out/in so I could give him a high five.

Bama on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Bama wrote: »

- I learnt that UCH (hospital I'm based) is pretty much the only place female to male sex changes are done in the UK.
    - Some twat of a patient made a big row about not wanting to be on a ward where one of the ward nurses was a transgender person and had to be moved because he was being such a dick about it. Patient should just have manned up.
    How did he know the person was transgendered? Do patients give staff spongebaths at this hospital? Are you actually in Soviet Russia?

I'd say it's quite often fairly visible. It's just a proportional/jawline/etc thing that gives it away.

Maybe the dude wasn't finished with his ops, maybe they weren't good enough to completely change him. Meh, I dunno - I haven't seen the guy, haven't been on that ward.

Daxon on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    A guy (or gal, I'm not sure whose car it is) I work with has a bumper sticker that reads (approx.) "what classrooms really need is a moment of SCIENCE."

I never been able to catch the guy on his way out/in so I could give him a high five.

That is beautiful.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    From the steam thread:

steamx.jpg

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I collect steam games like pokemon

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Just Cause 2 is apparently on sale cheap. How is the PC version?

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    HamHamJ is being ridiculous in the wikileaks thread.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010

I'd say it's quite often fairly visible. It's just a proportional/jawline/etc thing that gives it away.

Maybe the dude wasn't finished with his ops, maybe they weren't good enough to completely change him. Meh, I dunno - I haven't seen the guy, haven't been on that ward.
    Well I'm not suggesting the nurse be ashamed of who she is, but it seems to me that unless she was walking around with a five-o'clock shadow you could just play it off like the guy was being a complete asshole to a cisgendered female nurse.

for example

Bama on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Daxon.

Which Uni? I'm guessing either Adenbrooks, or something in London?

Leitner on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    From the steam thread:

steamx.jpg

:lol:

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    This girl's been annoying me and I want to tell her to fuck off. I wrote a nicely-worded lengthy email about all the reasons I hate her. Problem is, she barely understands English and misunderstands everything I say. She probably won't be able to make heads or tails of my email.

I tell you, there's nothing more frustrating than telling someone in detail why they should fuck off and have it go harmlessly right over their head.

It's a long story, and [chat] isn't the forum for it.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ludious wrote: »
    I am going to translate this based solely on my 9th grade spanish class.

Omy God. You're getting an abortion. Oi vey. Robot blood and funyuns will not ruin my enjoyment of Hidalgo. I don't believe your retarded baby's brain is even formed.

A+

Your Spanish teacher would be crying tears of joy.

Galahad on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

H/A is your place.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Leitner.

UCL (University College London) with the aptly attached University College Hospital. UCH is also one of the few places in the UK that put in erection penis pumps and do reconstructive penile surgery.

Things I also learnt today:
    - In the UK we throw away the plasma from people's donated blood because of fear of mad cow transmission. Then we buy blood from America.

Guess where most of that blood comes from? Prisoners. UK is like a vampire feeding off the blood of poor imprisoned Americans. Super fucking bizarre it is.

Daxon on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    ogodwhyhasntshecalledmeback

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Hey, dummy, what was your good news?

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

H/A is your place.
    Would be if I needed help or advice on it.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Because you never respond to peoples pms YOU WHORE!

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh man, me and this guy have the same car.
    Shotgun-in-car.jpg

Different radio, but aside from that.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Leitner.

UCL (University College London) with the aptly attached University College Hospital. UCH is also one of the few places in the UK that put in erection penis pumps and do reconstructive penile surgery.

- In the UK we throw away the plasma from people's donated blood because of fear of mad cow transmission. Then we buy blood from America.

Guess where most of that blood comes from? Prisoners. UK is like a vampire feeding off the blood of poor imprisoned Americans. Super fucking bizarre it is.

That's a fairly recent thing. We didn't let prisoners donate blood at all for 20-odd years due to the HIV-tainted clotting factor mishaps of the 80s.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited December 2010

H/A is your place.
    H/A is where all relationship stuff should go simply because the results are hilarious.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010

H/A is your place.
    H/A is where all relationship stuff should go simply because the results are hilarious.
    Well I wasn't complaining so much about the relationship as the language barrier stopping me from telling her off.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    But yeah, generally speaking, the US can't get enough blood donations to fulfill its own needs, let alone sell to other countries, which is why we opened it up to prisoners again.

I say 'we' but it's kind of on a state-by-state basis.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Jokerman wrote: »
    Shotgun-in-car.jpg

Same taste in firearms as well?

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Richy I suggest you PM Learnedhand.

This is his area of expertise.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So I am watching the stewart lee clip from the PC thread

i like this guy, his humor appeals to me

lonnnnnnnng exposition and then some punchlines.....longgggggg exposition and some punchlines

Arch on
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    Ludious wrote: »
    Res wrote: »
    I am playing ask the other parent with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Mass.gov, the state's official website says that to qualify for veteran's benefits I must only be a legal resident of Massachusetts. But the University of Massachusetts says one must have enlisted from Massachusetts. UMB also says that only service in Viet Nam, Panama, Grenada, Lebanon, or the Gulf War, (OIF and OEF are conspicuously absent) so that seems kind of iffy to me.

So, in hopes of settling this dispute I have also emailed the state's Office of Veterans' Education.

In a unique reversal, ask the other parent is actually the way to get things done as an adult

Indeedy
    I checked with the associate in charge of the program and he indicated that your Massachusetts residency would most likely be the biggest factor considered.

BAM

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    Leitner.

That's a fairly recent thing. We didn't let prisoners donate blood at all for 20-odd years due to the HIV-tainted clotting factor mishaps of the 80s.

Wait wait what? Oh nvm. You edited that.

Feral: but people get paid to donate blood in America! Surely this is an incentive.

Hell I donate blood for fuck-all, more people must be like "oh, moneys I could do with that" and donate.

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Jokerman wrote: »
    Shotgun-in-car.jpg

"Say what you said about my ears again mr funny fucking man!"

"You know this shotgun is the second longest thing in this car, ladies."

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Richy I suggest you PM Learnedhand.

This is his area of expertise.
    Well she's not an Asian girl I met on Craiglist, so it's a bit outside his depth.

Richy on
    sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.