As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Forum Badge design

• Options
    RainbowTunnelRainbowTunnel Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Question to be has:

How does one GET a forum badge? I've read the entire thread and I'm still a lost little pup in the ways of obtaining such a beautiful artifact.

RainbowTunnel on
  • Options
    Ferris007Ferris007 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Question to be has:

How does one GET a forum badge? I've read the entire thread and I'm still a lost little pup in the ways of obtaining such a beautiful artifact.

Just keep posting and when the time comes they will take names for whoever wants one. I got my first one last year and its proudly displayed in my office.

Ferris007 on
  • Options
    flatlineflatline Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    RainbowTunnel:
    kropotkin wrote: »

Distribution is be the normal 2 type method, those being at pre-PAX social gatherings and at the event itself.

The Pre-PAX gatherings are the PAX-East Train Alliance, the Pre-PAX Dinner, Pre-PAX Fried Food Lunch and Pre-PAX Gaming Night (Thursday only). If you're attending one of these, you'll get a badge.

At the event itself, that is always at the BYOC registration desk from midday on 11th March 2011. Note: YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE IN THE POSSESSION OF A BYOC BADGE TO GET A FORUM BADGE! Just walk up to one of the enforcers that are manning the desk and they will ask you a question to ensure you qualify for a badge. Questions and their answers will be published on this thread very soon.

Point to note; it is as the enforcer's discretion whether or not to ask more than one question. Some have been known to employ the use of thumb screws or indeed force people to play twenty minutes of Two Worlds before they are considered for a badge. I'd just like to say at this point that I cannot take responsibility for such actions, I'm sure they have good reason to employ them....

flatline on
    East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
  • Options
    RainbowTunnelRainbowTunnel Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    flatline wrote: »
    RainbowTunnel:
    kropotkin wrote: »

Distribution is be the normal 2 type method, those being at pre-PAX social gatherings and at the event itself.

The Pre-PAX gatherings are the PAX-East Train Alliance, the Pre-PAX Dinner, Pre-PAX Fried Food Lunch and Pre-PAX Gaming Night (Thursday only). If you're attending one of these, you'll get a badge.

At the event itself, that is always at the BYOC registration desk from midday on 11th March 2011. Note: YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE IN THE POSSESSION OF A BYOC BADGE TO GET A FORUM BADGE! Just walk up to one of the enforcers that are manning the desk and they will ask you a question to ensure you qualify for a badge. Questions and their answers will be published on this thread very soon.

Point to note; it is as the enforcer's discretion whether or not to ask more than one question. Some have been known to employ the use of thumb screws or indeed force people to play twenty minutes of Two Worlds before they are considered for a badge. I'd just like to say at this point that I cannot take responsibility for such actions, I'm sure they have good reason to employ them....

Thank you, sir. How I missed this....

And thank you, too, Ferris.

RainbowTunnel on
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ferris007 wrote: »
    Question to be has:

Just keep posting and when the time comes they will take names for whoever wants one. I got my first one last year and its proudly displayed in my office.

That's a great idea - I still have this lonely bag of leftover swag from last year (mostly the stuff leftover after my son dug through it) and I never thought of hanging my badge up in my office.

I look forward to getting my badge at the prepax dinner this year since I'm coming into town earlier than last year. Last year I was subject to being asked every single question - alot of work just to wear something around my neck that says "I'm Lindsey Lohan".

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    TrionTrion Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

I look forward to getting my badge at the prepax dinner this year since I'm coming into town earlier than last year. Last year I was subject to being asked every single question - alot of work just to wear something around my neck that says "I'm Lindsey Lohan".

On the other hand, I was asked no questions at all. The guy at the BYOC table just handed one over.

Trion on
  • Options
    contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ferris007 wrote: »
    Question to be has:

This is how you get your name ON the badge, not how you get a badge.

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • Options
    arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Trion wrote: »

On the other hand, I was asked no questions at all. The guy at the BYOC table just handed one over.

I was asked my handle, it was located on the badge, success was had.

arsonisfun on
    I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • Options
    ThemiscyraThemiscyra Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Okay, definitely psyched for this, and I should be at the Pre-PAX Gaming Night, so -- w00t! Look forward to the call for names going out.

Themiscyra on
    PAX EAST 2011 Omegathon Finalist - PAX East 2012 Omeganaut
    After time adrift among open stars
    Among tides of light and to shoals of dust
    I will return to where I began
  • Options
    RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Themiscyra wrote: »
    Look forward to the call for names going out.

There is no call for names. Your name will appear on the back if you've replied to this thread.

Rdr on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Rdr wrote: »
    Look forward to the call for names going out.

There is no call for names. Your name will appear on the back if you've replied to this thread.
    Oh, well, excellent then.

Themiscyra on
  • Options
    BackwoodsBackwoods Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    1.1 FTW! They all look amazing, thanks for putting so much effort into this!

Backwoods on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PascualPascual Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I like 1.1 because it's teh sex.

Pascual on
  • Options
    DurinthalDurinthal Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I think the consensus is fairly clear, but I'll toss my name in for 1.1 as well. Love the heraldry.

Durinthal on
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    glad to see these returning again this year. my badge 2010 is amongst my most prized possessions. and if the votes still open i'll throw in another for the 1.1 design.

Wraith260 on
  • Options
    KilonumKilonum [E] Somewhere near BostonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    1.1 looks the best, plus I am a sucker for mottos in latin

Kilonum on
    JfqWFk8.png
  • Options
    King of MarsKing of Mars A freak among weirdos A city in my mindRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Also voting for the epic win that is 1.1.

King of Mars on
    Writhe your naked ass to the mindless groove.
    twitter //
    3DS: 2492-5478-6311 // Steam & WiiU: kingofmars2099
  • Options
    euichoeuicho MaineRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Definitely 1.1 !

euicho on
    Pinny Pal Profile | PAX East '10,-'15
  • Options
    IxmasatIxmasat Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I remember seeing a bunch of these last year! And indeed...v1.1 looks pretty slick.

Ixmasat on
  • Options
    karmacappakarmacappa Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Kropotkin does great work!

karmacappa on
    "In Europe, it's not America."
    Scott Kurtz, The Morning After, Aug 31 - 2010
  • Options
    LoweryiLoweryi Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Version 1.1 makes us seem absolutely regal. I vote for that one. :D

Loweryi on
  • Options
    itzerokewlitzerokewl Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    At first 2.0 was the clear winner in my mind but the more I see the more I find myself drawn towards 1.1 sio my vote goes to 1.1!

itzerokewl on
    signature.png
  • Options
    fullofgracefullofgrace Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I vote Version 1.1. Looks fabulous! :D

fullofgrace on
    I'm jessageek on Twitter and Tumblr
    PAX East Pics: 2010-2015 & Vids: 2012-2015
  • Options
    MTSonic11MTSonic11 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm in for V1.1 also, it looks awesome. I missed out on these last year (I was still in lurking mode around here).

MTSonic11 on
  • Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    v1.1 FTW (and it clearing is winning).

Do you not traditionally send badges to the MMT? Because I would be open to receiving some and distributing them to my Magical Mystery Tourists.
    (And when you get to putting names on the back, if you could please capitalize my P. Thanks! :P)

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • Options
    ProprietyPropriety PAX Pokemon League Leader! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    This is exquisite. Version 1.1 looks absolutely stunning. Less text/more image is definitely better.

I would love to get my hands on one of these.

Propriety on
    That guy with the ridiculously long scarf at PAX. Say Hi!
    Love Pokemon? Going to PAX Prime/East/Aus/South? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!!!
  • Options
    megaciamegacia Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Delurked just to support 1.1. Pixel chickens forever.

megacia on
  • Options
    ChronoHawkChronoHawk Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Looking forward to getting one of these this year! I loved seeing them last year and Look forward to adding to my ensemble of PAX awesomeness = D

ChronoHawk on
    I am NOT Rider Miller!!!!

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    ach.png
  • Options
    BoomShakeBoomShake The Engineer Columbia, MDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    1.1 is rad as hell.

BoomShake on
  • Options
    hml151hml151 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Version 1.1 is really awesome, I wish I was going to PAX East now but my cookies are for Cookie Brigade. Have a great time and see any of you who go to PAX Prime.

hml151 on
    Max sig size: 500x80px OR 4 lines of text
    School Girl Goodness...Watch for us at future PAX Prime events. If want some of my geek chic collection, click on the etsy link.

http://s774.photobucket.com/user/SchoolGirlGoodness/library/
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/VeronatheMad

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Thanks for the positive feedback everyone. I've started working on the back and compiling names to be placed there. It's looking rather special I have to say :)

The questions will also be posted up on this thread this week as we're only 5 weeks away from PAX East now.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    punzie wrote: »
    v1.1 FTW (and it clearing is winning).

Do you not traditionally send badges to the MMT? Because I would be open to receiving some and distributing them to my Magical Mystery Tourists.
    (And when you get to putting names on the back, if you could please capitalize my P. Thanks! :P)

Not normally no, but if you send me a roster of names I'll not only include you I shall also add their names to the back of the badge. Hurry now though, for I will be sending them to the printers in a fortnight or so.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    territoiresterritoires Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Kropotkin, is there any provision for UK-based mailing of badges?

territoires on
    I write about games on a few websites.
    Gaming blog
    @lamournumerique
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Can't wait to get my badge on the ETA (Sonic Line repreSENT).

flatline on
    East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
  • Options
    CloudwalkerCloudwalker Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Given that you're nearly ready to send these off, I assume you've settled on the final design. Nevertheless, I'm chiming in with most of the rest of this thread in saying that v1.1 is totally sweet. I look forward to seeing these at PAX.

Cloudwalker on
    Token Scottish guy.

Google+ | Twitter
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I would love to get one of these, and if your still compiling names for it, it'd be pretty sweet if you could toss mine in.

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    When do I say that I would like to buy one?

NickTheNewbie on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    When do I say that I would like to buy one?

Silly MAGFest boy, forum badges don't cost $$$.

(Although I may or may not purchase a challenge coin for kropotkin for no reason whatsoever).

flatline on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    You get your badge at con events, they aren't mailed.

Themiscyra on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    You get your badge at con events, they aren't mailed.

They're mailed out to some people, I'd assume - since they are puported to be available at pre-Con events like the ETA and the Pre-PAX gaming night(s)? I would assume that kropotkin mails them out to a few coordinators so that he doesn't have to be physically present at all of these events to ensure badgification?

flatline on