As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Did anybody beta test this [Chat ant Generul Discushion]?

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Those DPS numbers seem to suggest maybe a 6%ish hit amount, so that seems about on par with most trash pulls. Your single target should be higher.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Bobble wrote: »
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Well, I have an 85, 82, 81, 71, 2x 68, 61 and two more around 50

That it? There are several of us in the Altoholic category around here.

85 druid, 82 shaman, 80 mage, 80 warrior, 80 priest, 80 paladin, 80 Deathknight, 72ish hunter, 64 rogue, 60 warlock.
    81 warlock, 80 mage, 80 warrior, 80 shaman, 80 hunter, 80 deathknight, 80 priest, 80 paladin, 73 druid, 71 rogue on one server, leveling 48 paladin, 41 rogue, 37 druid, 33 mage on another server. Have deleted a 70 warrior and multiple others in the 30s/40s.

Do I qualify? D:

Altoholism is a serious problem affecting millions of players every day. I know there are people worse than me, too.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Light the Ishtaar signal, he's like the god of alts.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Decomposey wrote: »
    Nobody wrote: »
    Sammich wrote: »
    You know what i want, and wish they put it out..
    5k gold - reduce mount cast .5 seconds
    20k - instant cast mount

I want it.. or steps similar to that. Have to buy previous steps to eventually get instant cast mount. Sigh.. the brooms really really spoiled me.. and druids.

Makes me wonder if the Vial of the Sands is going to be instant cast or not.

It's not :(

Well damn.

Can we at least herb in dragon-form to stick it to those smug druids?

I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound my flight form.

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • SammichSammich Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    20k - instant cast mount

I want it.. or steps similar to that. Have to buy previous steps to eventually get instant cast mount. Sigh.. the brooms really really spoiled me.. and druids.

Makes me wonder if the Vial of the Sands is going to be instant cast or not.

It's not :(

Well damn.

Can we at least herb in dragon-form to stick it to those smug druids?

I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound my flight form.

LOL but it hurts me to laugh :(

Sammich on
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    20k - instant cast mount

1) 20k is roughly 25-30 bucks. You're sending people to gold sellers at that point. It is far too cheat for that.
    2) You're not a druid. Not gonna happen. :P
    3) People have no idea how easy it is to get around now, it's sooooo easy. I don't wanna hear shit! lol.
    4) 310% with guild bonus is noticable. 4k is easy to obtain, and worth it.

Just my .02

1) Ha! id never buy gold, i have more than enough. :D So i dont care if they make it 50k! Id pay it for instant cast mount
    2) I have one, not my main, thats why it makes me miss it sooooo much on my paly
    3) Yea it is, thats not it tho. My main, paly is also my Miner. So re-mounting everytime i see something.. i rather if it was my druid, who is a skinner. Its awesome

YOU might not buy gold, I know I don't either (as I am sure many don't) but just as many don't that do..which is to say, a lot. Instant cast for that low amount of gold is just a bad idea.

Yes, instant cast is one of the best things about Druid. No question. Just like my mage. Being able to travel from place to place so easily is SORELY MISSED on my other characters, especially now that they have taken all the portals away from us. Although.. is there really even a reason to go back to other places except for mounts and achievments now? (STILL WANT MY FUCKING RAVEN LORD MOUNT)

1.5 sec cast time does get old, but it's better than the 3 it use to be, and the fact that you can still do some quest objectives while mounted helps. I remember before when you ALWAYS had to unmount for EVERYTHING. Even talking to NPC's.

What they SHOULD do, is make a potion that works for 15 minutes that gives you instant cast while active because Alchemy sucks right now.

As a side note: I also remember when Flight Form allowed you to collect herbs without "landing." You could do it from 10 yards around the plant. It was a just nerf, but oh lol it was fun while it was active.

Also, they broke fishing again. The fish tend to "jump" at the last second and between lag and the click the bobber is already vanished, and it's getting pretty damn old.

Also, what the FUCK is with the worthless bag of shit you get for the Fishing Daily in Stormwind? Really Blizzard? Is there some other Fishing Dailies I am missing somewhere else that actually have a purpose?

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So I'm already lvl 51 on my Hunter and I only have a /played of about 2 days. Kind of shocked how quickly I've leveled and it hasn't ever really felt like a grind, or boring or anything of that nature. If anything it is slightly overwhelming with just how much stuff there is to do and I'm saddened that I outleveled 2 or 3 zones that I COULD do but won't get any exp for it. (Looking at you Desolace, Stranglethorn, and Westfall)

I've literally spent my entire 1-50 in Kalimdor and haven't even stepped foot in the Eastern Kingdoms except for ONE quest that teleported me there temporarily.

Hunter has been a blast but has seemed fairly easy mode (Taking on quests that are recommended for 2-3 players and just breezing through them solo)

Once I finish up 51-60 and head to TBC I hear that the content there is not affected by Cata at all correct? What about the WotLK content?

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Is the difference of level 85 to previous levels really that huge?

Yes. I went from nearly 30k health in frost badge gear at the end of Wrath to almot 100k health in quest rewards from the first four zones + a few rep and JP items.

Undead Scottsman on
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Once I finish up 51-60 and head to TBC I hear that the content there is not affected by Cata at all correct? What about the WotLK content?
    They're both unchanged, only Wrath goes much faster now.

815165 on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Javen wrote: »
    They did just buff it too, it used to be 3 fragments per dig (so 9 per site), and they upped it so it could be 3-6 fragments per dig.

That said, It's more a lazy "I don't feel like tanking pugs" thing for me.

Really? I've been getting 2-4. Maybe because I'm only like 75 skill.

Yeah, 85 skills bumps fragment collection from 2-4 to 3-6. That's also when you can start finding keystones

Javen on
  • CuntyCunty Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Are the faces of female worgen NPCs not properly rendering for anyone else?

It looks like the skins aren't aligned properly

Male worgen looks fine.

Cunty on
    gameintownk.png
    edited December 2010
    20k - instant cast mount

I'd buy it.

Undead Scottsman on
    edited December 2010
    Apparently the Fishing Bag has a chance to drop the Beaten Fishing Hat and the Sand Pincher pet, but if you already have those, there's not much of a point, as the crap it drops is worthless, unlike the Dalaran fishing daily which frequently gave items worth 5 gold to a whopping 100g. (Some were just high priced vender trash like the 100g bell, some were things like a 20g fishing rod I've gotten like 3 or 4 times. And there were even really awesome Stormjewel gems you could get, which were +20 to a core stat)

The only reason, IMO, to do the Org fishing daily, if you don't have those items, is for the free skillup. Well, and the gold, since it's usually super quick to do.

Undead Scottsman on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Rizzi wrote: »
    What sort of damage is decent for a warlock in mostly ilevel 333 gear trying to start heroics?
    I can usually pull out 8500-9000 dps, but I don't have any sort of rough idea of what other people are doing.
    Thoughts?

I tend to ignore my DPS for trash pulls as it largely doesn't matter as a lock, too much ramp up time for the rate that mobs die and generally keeping up my CC (often a banish and a fear, so many elementals in this expansion) is far more important than my actual DPS output.

I realized that the DPS number LUI has in the top right corner was more of a "your projected DPS if you maintain your current damage output" type number, so I've been watching Recount now. The last boss I did last night was the first boss of heroic shadowfang keep (the server basically died after that) which is a boss that you basically get to go balls to the wall DPS except for when he's choking you. I pulled 12k DPS on that fight. For reference I am an almost entirely ilevel 333 with a handful of 346 gear, demonoloy warlock.

Make sure you are hit capped to hit level 87 mobs, don't bother getting hit capped trying to hit level 88 mobs as there aren't any in heroics. Reforge your gear for hit if you need it as its cheap. I'm also reforging a lot of my gear out of mastery into haste (this may vary depending on your spec). I can always reforge it to hit later when we actually start ruining 10mans and the like.

Inquisitor on
  • FryholeFryhole Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Cunty wrote: »
    Are the faces of female worgen NPCs not properly rendering for anyone else?

It looks like the skins aren't aligned properly

Male worgen looks fine.

I've seen this on the druid trainer in Stormwind. Not sure what the issue is, my drivers can't be that out of date as I just recently rebuilt my system. (Nvidia card & Win7 x64)

Fryhole on
    edited December 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Rizzi wrote: »
    What sort of damage is decent for a warlock in mostly ilevel 333 gear trying to start heroics?
    I can usually pull out 8500-9000 dps, but I don't have any sort of rough idea of what other people are doing.
    Thoughts?

I tend to ignore my DPS for trash pulls as it largely doesn't matter as a lock, too much ramp up time for the rate that mobs die and generally keeping up my CC (often a banish and a fear, so many elementals in this expansion) is far more important than my actual DPS output.

I realized that the DPS number LUI has in the top right corner was more of a "your projected DPS if you maintain your current damage output" type number, so I've been watching Recount now. The last boss I did last night was the first boss of heroic shadowfang keep (the server basically died after that) which is a boss that you basically get to go balls to the wall DPS except for when he's choking you. I pulled 12k DPS on that fight. For reference I am an almost entirely ilevel 333 with a handful of 346 gear, demonoloy warlock.

Make sure you are hit capped to hit level 87 mobs, don't bother getting hit capped trying to hit level 88 mobs as there aren't any in heroics. Reforge your gear for hit if you need it as its cheap. I'm also reforging a lot of my gear out of mastery into haste (this may vary depending on your spec). I can always reforge it to hit later when we actually start ruining 10mans and the like.

I was pulling about 12-15k depending on the fights last night in heroics, which I am to presume is pretty substantial. I'd say anything in the 10k ballpark would be more than sufficient when dealing with heroics, which by and large aren't a huge dps check

Javen on
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Is there a skill or level requirement on the dailies? The quests are simple enough that a level 1 can do them, which is almost certainly why they don't give any high-value rewards.

Honestly, the free skillup makes me more likely to do them, especially on alts.

Tomanta on
  • JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I was pulling about 12-15k depending on the fights last night in heroics, which I am to presume is pretty substantial. I'd say anything in the 10k ballpark would be more than sufficient when dealing with heroics, which by and large aren't a huge dps check

How much of a DPS check they are depends on how good your healer is. The better your DPS, the worse the healer you can get through the instance with.

The biggest DPS check I've seen is Ripsnarl. If you don't have solid DPS, the healer is hard pressed to last long enough to finish the fight.

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Whoo for Tol Barad being broken.

It was a massive pain the first week when the other faction controlled it, but for some reason Tuesday's reset switched control over to my faction and we haven't let it go since. I've already got 100 Tol Barad Commendations and I'm revered with the faction. Awesome drake and spectral mount here I come.

Though once I hit exalted and get the mounts and pet, I imagine I'm just going to go do level 80 dailies since they're only a few gold less and the Tol Barad dailies are annoying (over camped, mobs respawn way too fast, most quests require too many bear asses, etc.).

Lars on
  • Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So what should my first worgen alt be?

Smaug6 on
    steam_sig.png
  • DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Smaug6 wrote: »

I'm going to go Druid just to over-emphasize the shape changing thing.

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    DVG wrote: »
    Smaug6 wrote: »

I'm going to go Druid just to over-emphasize the shape changing thing.

I rerolled my (44) druid for that exact reason. Glad to see they dropped bind on pickup for the Alchemy dragon. Should I actually stick with that alt I plan on getting as many trinkets and other shape changing stuff as I find.

Tomanta on
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Tomanta wrote: »
    Is there a skill or level requirement on the dailies? The quests are simple enough that a level 1 can do them, which is almost certainly why they don't give any high-value rewards.

Honestly, the free skillup makes me more likely to do them, especially on alts.

I can't speak for fishing, but cooking *only* requires level 10. Cooking skill of 1 can do it.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited December 2010
    Aargh, goddamn Uldum and randomly putting me in combat when there's nothing around, also pulling me out of stealth in the process.

Echo on
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So that 75% quest XP->guild XP nerf was pretty retarded and knee-jerk.

forty on
  • NisslNissl Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    forty wrote:

This is one change that I think everyone can agree was dumb, and it's been overshadowed by all the controversy about difficulty and healing.

I'm noticing more and more guilds zerg recruiting in trade (usually still stuck at level 3). There are already small guilds posting about coming under pressure from their more hardcore members as they fall behind in perks. At the same time Beasts is still perma-capped as far as I can tell (playing on a PST schedule).

Another question, how does any new guild actually acquire members 6 months from now?

Nissl on
    360: Purkinje
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    forty wrote: »

Gotta say I agree.

After my guild's members hit 85, the rate of xp gain tanked. With the 75% nerf on top of that? Basically ground to a near halt.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
    edited December 2010
    Nissl wrote: »
    forty wrote:

This is one change that I think everyone can agree was dumb, and it's been overshadowed by all the controversy about difficulty and healing.

I'm noticing more and more guilds zerg recruiting in trade (usually still stuck at level 3). There are already small guilds posting about coming under pressure from their more hardcore members as they fall behind in perks. At the same time Beasts is still perma-capped as far as I can tell (playing on a PST schedule).

Another question, how does any new guild actually acquire members 6 months from now?

It was absolutely the wrong solution to a retarded problem. First, I sort of agree it was too high before - I mean, I think I hit it by myself on the first day in like an hour. But they overnerfed it now, so our guild is lucky to get 40% in a day.

IMO, they should have only nerfed it by at most, half. And instead of a daily cap, there should be a weekly cap. That way guilds that have more activity on certain days don't get screwed over.

There also needs to be way more ways to earn guild xp. Right now it's questing (at 85 this option is virtually gone except for dailies, which you can only do 25 a day and barely contribute now), and GUILD runs of dungeons/raids. This means at least 4/8/20(?) guild members. So random pugs don't give shit. Working on professions, even if it's actually in benefit of the guild (i.e. cooking feasts, making gems for guildies, etc), don't give shit. Nothing you do except dailies actually contribute. It's ridiculous.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I am just realizing now .. some of the flight path' are damn stupid. Why do I have fly over fucking Morgans Vigil when coming from Stormwind and going to Flamewind Post in the Burning Steppes?

TheBigEasy on
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    IMO, they should have only nerfed it by at most, half. And instead of a daily cap, there should be a weekly cap. That way guilds that have more activity on certain days don't get screwed over.

Couldn't agree more. At all. It's absurd that it's a daily cap, especially given that you would logically expect raiding to be a decent chunk of guild experience, and raiding is a weekly activity.

Bobble on
    edited December 2010
    TheBigEasy wrote: »
    I am just realizing now .. some of the flight path' are damn stupid. Why do I have fly over fucking Morgans Vigil when coming from Stormwind and going to Flamewind Post in the Burning Steppes?

Because they didn't want to design a SW -> Flamewind Post flightpath. Most of the new FPs are only connected to other in-zone flightpaths for ease. Really if you can (i.e. you can fly in Azeroth) you should avoid flight paths like the plague.

Warlock82 on
  • NisslNissl Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I am just realizing now .. some of the flight path' are damn stupid.

My favorite is the new flight points in Feralas that are completely disconnected from anything until you get to the last hub (if you are Horde, entering from Desolace). That was a fun run back.

Nissl on
    360: Purkinje
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yeah I think it took me like a minute or two to go from winterspring to tanaris as opposed to 8.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    bowen wrote: »
    Yeah I think it took me like a minute or two to go from winterspring to tanaris as opposed to 8.

Yeah I was dreading going all the way across the continent when I first started leveling Archaeology until I found out that flying yourself in a beeline is nearly 4x faster.

Walt on
  • RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    They did just buff it too, it used to be 3 fragments per dig (so 9 per site), and they upped it so it could be 3-6 fragments per dig.

That said, It's more a lazy "I don't feel like tanking pugs" thing for me.

Really? I've been getting 2-4. Maybe because I'm only like 75 skill.

Yeah, 85 skills bumps fragment collection from 2-4 to 3-6. That's also when you can start finding keystones

That kind of bugs me. I was getting 3-6 before the buff because of my dwarf racial, now I'm getting the same amount as everyone else. Has anyone else noticed this or am I just imagining things?

RedDawn on
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    TheBigEasy wrote: »

We've always had some really bad loopy flight paths. What I've never seen until this expansion, is having a two flight paths really close in a zone, like Wetlands, and being forced to fly all the way back to Ironforge, as that's some sort of forced hub.

I feel like I'm doing something wrong somehow, because it's so stupid.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Couldn't agree more. At all. It's absurd that it's a daily cap, especially given that you would logically expect raiding to be a decent chunk of guild experience, and raiding is a weekly activity.

Thing is with a weekly cap is then many guilds would be at rank 6 already? I think my guild capped the daily XP gain by like 5 AM on launch day(in addition to the day-cap of xp we gained from 12-2 with people wasting time waiting for launch), so if it was a weekly cap the first 3 ranks of guild perks would have been unlocked in a day tops. I agree it makes more sense, in a few weeks/months to move to a weekly model, but a daily cap was needed at release to spread out the grabbing of the first 3-6 guild perks.

Without a daily cap, a guild would get the 2-3 perks that a week would unlock in the first day or two of the week. This helps smooth out the reward curve especially since all the leveling is capping guilds fast.

tinwhiskers on
    6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hey, my guild's almost to level 2!

Y'all can stop complaining. :P

Elvenshae on
    edited December 2010

Thing with a weekly cap is then many guilds would be at rank 6 already? I think my guild capped the daily XP gain by like 5 AM on launch day(in addition to the day-cap of xp we gained from 12-2 with people wasting time waiting for launch), so if it was a weekly cap the first 3 ranks of guild perks would have been unlocked in a day tops. I agree it makes more sense, in a few weeks/months to move to a weekly model, but a daily cap was needed at release to slow the grabbing of the first 3-6 guild perks.

Well, XP gain at release was too high anyways. But if they got 3 perks or something right away, so? The XP perk was really the only one that has any impact on leveling and there WERE guilds that got that on day one thanks to the achievements originally counting. Blizzard could have also adjusted the weekly cap on the fly if they really wanted I'm sure.

I have no problem with big guilds hitting their weekly cap early - they are still capped. But the weekly cap means that small guilds are not fucked over because they didn't have 20 people on one particular day and have now completely wasted all that GXP gain potential.

Warlock82 on
    edited December 2010
    Based on most of the guild achievements, it seems like guild progress is meant to be slow and steady anyway.

Javen on
This discussion has been closed.