Options

[WoW] Did anybody beta test this [Chat ant Generul Discushion]?

• Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Wish there was a better source for wands.

There's two heroic dps wands (and one healy wand) and then...nothing that I know of outside of crappier wands, raids, or pvp.

No wands from rep or pve points.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Well epic relics are 700 vp which is pretty doable.

The problem is that they're such a marginal upgrade over the ones that drop that it's really a waste of VP to get them.

As opposed to the what, two other VP rewards available?

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Preacher wrote: »

Yeah 10 days of a heroic a day, not something super hard. Only thing I wonder about is that there is a weekly cap on how much vps you can get? Is that to prevent people from being able to farm vps later and get a full new tier set in a day?

The cap on VP is how many you can have at a time (4K), rather than how fast you can earn them.

The cap on JP (?) is how fast you can earn them (1.XK per week, or something like that), rather than how many you can have at a time.

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Elvenshae wrote: »

Yeah 10 days of a heroic a day, not something super hard. Only thing I wonder about is that there is a weekly cap on how much vps you can get? Is that to prevent people from being able to farm vps later and get a full new tier set in a day?

The cap on VP is how many you can have at a time (4K), rather than how fast you can earn them.

The cap on JP (?) is how fast you can earn them (1.XK per week, or something like that), rather than how many you can have at a time.

Yeah I mean JP, it was weird to see the cap at lower then an item cost, (not that I have anything to worry about getting the weekly cap for Jps).

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TylanthusTylanthus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    End wrote: »
    Wish there was a better source for wands.

There's two heroic dps wands (and one healy wand) and then...nothing that I know of outside of crappier wands, raids, or pvp.

No wands from rep or pve points.
    This. So much.

Tylanthus on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    I wish there was a way to use wands with abilities or otherwise see them more often in combat

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The amount of bitching about heroics in this thread warms my cold, dead heart.

Did the Siamat achievement a few days ago, without setting foot into a raid yet.

Protip: Find a guild that shares your values, and play with them.

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    I wish there was a way to use wands with abilities or otherwise see them more often in combat

Don't really see how there is.

They used to be in Vanilla and it sucked.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Other then shadow priests m I rite?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The only heroic that really sucks is stonecore. And that's really only because they put two of the more ballbreaking heroic bosses in the same instance; individually the fights are fine (maybe not ozruk, he sucks.)

I don't really understand why there couldn't have been some cheapo valor point wants in the way that there are relics.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    The only heroic that really sucks is stonecore. And that's really only because they put two of the more ballbreaking heroic bosses in the same instance; individually the fights are fine (maybe not ozruk, he sucks.)

I don't really understand why there couldn't have been some cheapo valor point wants in the way that there are relics.

There probably will be eventually, I remember the wrath or god forbid the bc vendors when they first came out.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Elvenshae wrote: »

Yeah I mean JP, it was weird to see the cap at lower then an item cost, (not that I have anything to worry about getting the weekly cap for Jps).

You guys have that backwards. JP currently buys 346 gear and only allows you to hold 4k at a time. VP currently buys the 359 gear and you're limited to gaining 1350 per week.

Last Son on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The weekly VP cap is I assume to prevent people from gearing up very quickly by farming old raids once new tiers of content come out. You'd be hard pressed to hit the weekly cap at this point even if you were clearing every raid (maybe not with heroic modes, but still.)

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    The weekly VP cap is I assume to prevent people from gearing up very quickly by farming old raids once new tiers of content come out. You'd be hard pressed to hit the weekly cap at this point even if you were clearing every raid (maybe not with heroic modes, but still.)

Yeah I figured, much like how the new belt gem slot caps at item level 500, which doesn't exist to the best of my knowledge.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm so done with heroics, and the idiots who run them, and everything about them.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    WizballWizball Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I had to laugh the other day when a level 18 was saying rogues needed a nerf because he got ambush killed, oh I laughed. Until trade said yeah they did need a nerf. Then I /leave trade.

I've just leveled a rogue past 18. They WILL do something about rogue burst at that level I guess. But until that happens, it's fun to be a unstoppable oneshot killing machine, dominating BGs. Just a pity it will end.

Wizball on
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Yeah I figured, much like how the new belt gem slot caps at item level 500, which doesn't exist to the best of my knowledge.

I assumed that's what Blizzard is aiming for the starting item level for the next expansion.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Wizball wrote: »
    I had to laugh the other day when a level 18 was saying rogues needed a nerf because he got ambush killed, oh I laughed. Until trade said yeah they did need a nerf. Then I /leave trade.

I've just leveled a rogue past 18. They WILL do something about rogue burst at that level I guess. But until that happens, it's fun to be a unstoppable oneshot killing machine, dominating BGs. Just a pity it will end.

Doubtful, blizz doesn't really adjust early game content, certainly not something in the teens which are leveled out of in a day at most. Hell back in the day twink rogues were the bane of all lowbies and nothing changed about the rogue class.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I'm so done with heroics, and the idiots who run them, and everything about them.

If you don't enjoy them don't do them, simple solution everyone wins!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

If you don't enjoy them don't do them, simple solution everyone wins!

That's my plan.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Seriously general forums "Is naming a hunter pet monkey Obama racist?" seriously this is a question?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    yessss

I tamed The Lone Hunter and with the blade in his head to boot

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    yessss

I tamed The Lone Hunter and with the blade in his head to boot

Grats nerd!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Seriously general forums "Is naming a hunter pet monkey Obama racist?" seriously this is a question?

Had a guildy name his black ape MalcomX once.

It was sad because the guy usually had hilarious names, Starship the crocolisk, CyberCommand the wolf. Dropped the ball on the ape really.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011

It was sad because the guy usually had hilarious names, Starship the crocolisk, CyberCommand the wolf. Dropped the ball on the ape really.

I'd report it and seriously think about gkicking someone who thought that was funny.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2011

I'd report it and seriously think about gkicking someone who thought that was funny.

He was quietly told he wasn't going to get to come to raid until an officer had seen him change it.

He was normally really cool so we just let it go as a lapse in judgment.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

I'm fairly sure raids that aren't in the newest tier at any given point in time will be changed to drop JP.

Smasher on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Smasher wrote: »

I'm fairly sure raids that aren't in the newest tier at any given point in time will be changed to drop JP.

Yes, and that tiers VP gear will be available via JP

So it will go like this

Tier 11(Current)_________________Tier12

Heroics (JP)______________________ Heroics (JP)
    346 Items (JP)____________________ 346 Items (JP)

Tier 11 Raids (VP) _________________ Tier 11 Raids (JP)
    Tier emblem items (VP)______________Tier emblem items (JP)

_______________________________ Tier 12 raids (VP)
    _______________________________ Tier 12 emblem items (VP)

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I sure hope they don't restart the servers tomorrow; I seem to have Aura of Retribution stuck on my Worgen from doing the wagon train quests yesterday.

In other news, The Day Deathwing Came sure is funny. I of course chose the strapping Blood Elf lass.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Will the old raids not always award VP? That was the only context in which the weekly cap really made any sense to me.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The weekly VP cap is so those who are running raids and killing 12/12 bosses don't need to run heroics everyday as well.

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Well, 12/12 bosses is only what, 900 or something VP? So that plus a heroic daily every day would only put you 20 points over the cap.

That's why I don't get it, I suppose. There's a cap on VP by dint of there being a limited amount of content to do, and if that's always going to be the case, why bother with a weekly cap?

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Fuck Halls of Origination. I could use something off of four out of the seven bosses in that place, but the only shit that ever drops is goddamn plate that ends up being sharded.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    12/12 for 25 mans is 1080 points, so you only need 2 or 3 heroic dailys to cap it.

12/12 for 10 mans is 840, so 6 heroic dailys to cap it.

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Will be interesting to see what happens next tier, since I doubt they'll be giving us another 12 raid bosses.

As a completely unrelated tangent, I have still yet to see a good reason for the removal of Zul'Gurub.

Lars on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ok, new pc. Can I just pop the Cataclysm disk in and go away for an hour?

Rizzi on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Do you have an external HD? Just copy your old install across.

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EmporiumEmporium Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Ok, new pc. Can I just pop the Cataclysm disk in and go away for an hour?

If you're installing from the Cataclysm disc, you will also have to download ~6.8 GB after the disc install is complete. But yes, it should all be automated enough that you don't have to sit there and watch over it.

Emporium on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I wish I had an external hdd. Would make things so much easier.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Rizzi wrote: »
    I wish I had an external hdd. Would make things so much easier.

Couldn't you just put the old HD into it? Or leave the side of the case off and plug it into a SATA cable until it's done copying?

Grape Ape on
This discussion has been closed.