Options

[WoW] Did anybody beta test this [Chat ant Generul Discushion]?

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Fuck Baron Ashbury.

That is all.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I don't have any spare SATA cables around. :(

Rizzi on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ran a heroic DM tonight (glad I just happen to read about that place today), only wipe we had was a planned one for the cheevo on ripsnarl. Netted every cheevo aside the last boss one, missed by 10 seconds.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Well epic relics are 700 vp which is pretty doable.

The problem is that they're such a marginal upgrade over the ones that drop that it's really a waste of VP to get them.

As opposed to the what, two other VP rewards available?

For VP, you can get rings, trinkets, offhands (I think) and tier.

All of which - tier especially - are much bigger upgrades. So yes.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    The weekly VP cap is so those who are running raids and killing 12/12 bosses don't need to run heroics everyday as well.
    There are 13 raid bosses that give VP, ignoring Sinestra. 2 Throne, 1 BH, 6 BWD, 4 BoT.

JAEF on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Fuck Baron Ashbury.

That is all.

Let him do 2 ticks of Stay Of Execution and make sure you have all dps at about 8k. Kick mend flesh and save cool downs for second phase.

Once you have the strat down he's a tank and spank.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    WizballWizball Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Preacher wrote: »
    Wizball wrote: »
    I had to laugh the other day when a level 18 was saying rogues needed a nerf because he got ambush killed, oh I laughed. Until trade said yeah they did need a nerf. Then I /leave trade.

I've just leveled a rogue past 18. They WILL do something about rogue burst at that level I guess. But until that happens, it's fun to be a unstoppable oneshot killing machine, dominating BGs. Just a pity it will end.

Doubtful, blizz doesn't really adjust early game content, certainly not something in the teens which are leveled out of in a day at most. Hell back in the day twink rogues were the bane of all lowbies and nothing changed about the rogue class.

With bigger focus on low-level content I actually think they will do something. Blizzard has now figured out that many new players (yes, they exist) drop out in the first 20 levels, and getting wtfroflstomped in bgs is just such a thing that will make players leave the game. They don't know (or care) that rogues are weak at 85 when they are camped at the GY by heirloomed goblin rogues.

Wizball on
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    If we're talking about someone completely new to the game to the point that getting ganked would turn them off from the game, I doubt they'd play on a PvP server and I doubt they'd do BGs.

Opty on
  • Options
    EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I had to laugh the other day when a level 18 was saying rogues needed a nerf because he got ambush killed, oh I laughed. Until trade said yeah they did need a nerf. Then I /leave trade.

I've just leveled a rogue past 18. They WILL do something about rogue burst at that level I guess. But until that happens, it's fun to be a unstoppable oneshot killing machine, dominating BGs. Just a pity it will end.

Doubtful, blizz doesn't really adjust early game content, certainly not something in the teens which are leveled out of in a day at most. Hell back in the day twink rogues were the bane of all lowbies and nothing changed about the rogue class.

With bigger focus on low-level content I actually think they will do something. Blizzard has now figured out that many new players (yes, they exist) drop out in the first 20 levels, and getting wtfroflstomped in bgs is just such a thing that will make players leave the game. They don't know (or care) that rogues are weak at 85 when they are camped at the GY by heirloomed goblin rogues.

There isn't a bigger focus on low-level content, they just made it so that low level content is mind numbingly boring. If there were more focus on it, you wouldn't be able to blast through so fast. And I'm not taking into account alt lvling, with plenty of gear/money. Low level content goes by extremely fast no, even if you are brand new.

And rogues have been the bane of low lvl pvp since day one. The only thing I think they changed was, was restricting enchants. People have been bitching about rogues for years, and specifically low lvl rogues, it never has, and never will change.

EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    low level content is boring? o_O

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    MrIamMeMrIamMe Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I disagree, I have more fun at low levels now than I do at 85.

This may be due to the fact I am a guildless tank, who relies on lfd, and have acheology at 525 with 250 troll solves with yet another gold-filled tooth to solve.

I am very close to cancelling.

MrIamMe on
  • Options
    WizballWizball Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    EWom wrote: »
    There isn't a bigger focus on low-level content, they just made it so that low level content is mind numbingly boring. If there were more focus on it, you wouldn't be able to blast through so fast. And I'm not taking into account alt lvling, with plenty of gear/money. Low level content goes by extremely fast no, even if you are brand new.

And rogues have been the bane of low lvl pvp since day one. The only thing I think they changed was, was restricting enchants. People have been bitching about rogues for years, and specifically low lvl rogues, it never has, and never will change.

I didn't express myself very well; I meant something more like "focus on new player experience". Not just tutorials, tooltips and help, but also when you get key abilities and how the quests and zones are laid out. All of it is vastly improved. Buying wow and starting a new char has never been more welcoming. I'm simply stating that low-level rogue dominance is contrary to that. When they bothered enough to do something like the increased mana/HP regen 1-20, and they now have the tech to nerf low-level Ambush without affecting the end-game, why NOT?

Wizball on
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    MrIamMe wrote: »
    I disagree, I have more fun at low levels now than I do at 85.

This may be due to the fact I am a guildless tank, who relies on lfd, and have acheology at 525 with 250 troll solves with yet another gold-filled tooth to solve.

I am very close to cancelling.
    Doing it wrong. This game is unplayable for longer periods without some strong socializing, whether it's a guild or PvP partners or something. Check the PA guilds maybe?

JAEF on
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Half the draw of any MMO is it's community and the social aspect. One of the reasons WoW is successful is because it has a large community with many different kinds of people who you can join in guilds with and run PvP and dungeons with. Going it alone is like paying half your sub for the privilege of discovering all the random individuals who you can't help but loathe.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    CalixtusCalixtus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I really don't like the notion that DPS have it easier than tanks or healers. Not that anyone in this thread had necessarily said so, but I definitely feel like this sentiment exists for the WoW population at large. I've poured many hours into researching specs, stat ratios, thresholds and mechanics (it really doesn't help when blizzard's tool tips for some moves flat out lie, I'm looking at you, eradication) and spent hours practicing rotations on target dummies in order to maximize my DPS. You want to know one of the best ways to reduce stress on your healers in Cata? Good DPS. Good CC, plus good interrupts, plus fast target switching to adds, plus not standing in fire etc reducing the mana drain on the healer immensely and allows the healers to focus on keeping the tank up. I'm not just talking fights with burn phases or aoe damage that you have to race through, almost every boss has something you can either kick, CC, spell steal, purge, not stand in etc. that makes the healers life considerably easier. Like getting the heading south achievement, it doesn't matter how good your healer is, unless you have DPS that can set up a consistent kick rotation and kite the adds to die off in the corners you aren't getting the achievement with current gear levels.

My rotation is damn hard, watching out for interrupts and add spawns and everything else only makes it harder. As a DPS I bust my ass off for my group and when I do the entire group benefits.

Stepping back and reading what I wrote it came off far more ranty than I really intended, but I'm going to leave it up there as it was pretty cathartic to write.

Edit: Personally I just found the DPS scale factors for the various stats for my spec and plugged them into this site: http://www.guildox.com/wr.asp
    Sorry to be going back so many pages but I think this is pretty interesting; IMHO, the difference doesn't lie in the skillcap as much as it does at the bottom level. It is much, much easier to carry a bad DPS through whatever content you're doing than it is to carry a bad tank. It has always been this way, and during Wrath it was worse than ever. I leveled two characters as tanks under the LFD, and I swear, some of those mages-in-greens-from-10-levels-ago who bitched about my carefully crafted gearset (with level requrements from no more than 3 levels ago) acquired following a guide specifically to reach the def cap were shooting for some kind of Epic Whining achivement.

The minimum level of know-how-that-still-gives-loot has always been lower for DPS, even if the maximum isn't that different between roles. Same with any other form of requirement, gear or preparation - a slacking tank means no loot, a slacking DPS just means the other DPS needs to step up somewhat.

Also; Much lime.

Calixtus on
    -This message was deviously brought to you by:
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

It was boring. It's pretty good now. I actually have several alts hovering around the level 40 range because I hate original Tanaris with such a burning freaking passion that I could never level past it (and the way it was originally structured the content just sort of dropped out at that level range so there was really only one path through, and it pretty much meant goose-stepping around about 3 different zones to get enough quests in - hell, Tanaris SENT you to Feralas because they ran out of ideas).

Now I've gotten my Druid, level 42 since freaking vanilla, up to 65. And now I hate Outland for being so god damn terrible. Thankfully it's only ten levels (accelerated thanks to heirlooms and guild perks). But seriously, I must have had a full quest log for all of Hellfire. They just hand you like 20 quests all at once that take you all over the freaking zone and don't give a shit about it. There is no structure at all.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Lynchmob81Lynchmob81 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Woot, Reins of the Vitreous Stone Drake got! They should just embrace the current bug with the position of the rider and make it look like the drake is carrying you in his claws.

Lynchmob81 on
    "I need a small man's wetsuit!"
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Lynchmob81 wrote: »
    Woot, Reins of the Vitreous Stone Drake got! They should just embrace the current bug with the position of the rider and make it look like the drake is carrying you in his claws.

I hope that sandscale drake mount (or whatever, the alchemy one) sets a precident. I demand to ride druids!

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Is that the Aeonexx mount?

I only have 4 more Achievements to get for Glory of the Cataclysm Hero.

Faster than the speed of light
    Sun of a...
    Going South
    and Vitrious Vancleef or whatever its called.

A group with 1 PUG is typically incapable of any of these achievements. I've tried.

Buddies on
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

I hope that sandscale drake mount (or whatever, the alchemy one) sets a precident. I demand to ride druids!

Who is driving? Bear is driving! How can that be?

Walt on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Calixtus wrote: »
    The minimum level of know-how-that-still-gives-loot has always been lower for DPS, even if the maximum isn't that different between roles. Same with any other form of requirement, gear or preparation - a slacking tank means no loot, a slacking DPS just means the other DPS needs to step up somewhat.

I actually think this has almost evened out in cata five mans, at least between tanks and dps. And I actually don't think healers and damage are that far apart, it's just that healer failure is much easier for people to recognize than DPS failure (and that lots of the time dps failure is misdiagnosed as healer fail.)

It's no longer true that a good healer and a competent tank can just keep the group alive long enough for three bad dps to fumble their way through an encounter. DPS has to do a good job of managing their own health and ending the fight within the timeline of healer mana or you just won't win most heroic fights, and that hasn't been the case in very many encounters historically.

I also think DPS is harder to do competently while running around dodging a million things than healing is (at least, comparing warlock and feral to resto shaman.)

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

It was boring. It's pretty good now. I actually have several alts hovering around the level 40 range because I hate original Tanaris with such a burning freaking passion that I could never level past it (and the way it was originally structured the content just sort of dropped out at that level range so there was really only one path through, and it pretty much meant goose-stepping around about 3 different zones to get enough quests in - hell, Tanaris SENT you to Feralas because they ran out of ideas).

Now I've gotten my Druid, level 42 since freaking vanilla, up to 65. And now I hate Outland for being so god damn terrible. Thankfully it's only ten levels (accelerated thanks to heirlooms and guild perks). But seriously, I must have had a full quest log for all of Hellfire. They just hand you like 20 quests all at once that take you all over the freaking zone and don't give a shit about it. There is no structure at all.

Yeah, but you have to take into account that you can get flying in Outlands at 60, which makes things much, much easier. Plus, there's a ton of content crammed into 10 levels (assuming 58-68), so you don't have to squeeze out every last quest in each zone. You have plenty of opportunity to just skip quests or hubs you don't like doing.

I hit Outlands with my Cowadin at 58, and with a Ramps and Forge run, I was 61 before I even left the small quest hub on the opposite side of Thrallmar. That's literally less than 1/4 of the zone.

ironzerg on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    ironzerg wrote: »

Yeah, but you have to take into account that you can get flying in Outlands at 60, which makes things much, much easier. Plus, there's a ton of content crammed into 10 levels (assuming 58-68), so you don't have to squeeze out every last quest in each zone. You have plenty of opportunity to just skip quests or hubs you don't like doing.

I hit Outlands with my Cowadin at 58, and with a Ramps and Forge run, I was 61 before I even left the small quest hub on the opposite side of Thrallmar. That's literally less than 1/4 of the zone.

Yeah, it's also annoying because my main goes 310% + guild perk, so going slow flying speed (150%? I forget now) sucks :P But yeah, it is better than a ground mount at least. Also flight form is awesome and I demand cooldowns be removed from all flying mounts :)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Outland does suck, but at least it's fast. My routine on my mage has been to queue for a five man, quest until it pops, run it and log out. So far I'm 64 and I'm about halfway done with HFP, and it's not as though ramps/BF take a long time.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Outland does suck, but at least it's fast. My routine on my mage has been to queue for a five man, quest until it pops, run it and log out. So far I'm 64 and I'm about halfway done with HFP, and it's not as though ramps/BF take a long time.

But why stay in Hellfire until 64?

ironzerg on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

I should probably do that. I couldn't stand to heal one, but I could probably stand to boomkin one :P

Speaking of which, I tried to heal a Blackrock Depths group several levels back (and no one ever waited for me to get mana... GRR!) because I had a druid quest in there. Since when do groups do TWO bosses and quit? Like seriously, we killed the chick in the prison area, and Baelgar or whatever that molten giant is called, and then everyone left. WTF? Had to have a guildy help me solo it so I could just do my damn quest.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, it's also annoying because my main goes 310% + guild perk, so going slow flying speed (150%? I forget now) sucks :P But yeah, it is better than a ground mount at least. Also flight form is awesome and I demand cooldowns be removed from all flying mounts :)

Are you going to start complaining that you can't one-shot quest mobs like your main, too?

ironzerg on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    because why leave? It's the same "go here, kill X widgets" over and over in every zone. I could go to zangarmarsh or terrokar (or probably nagrand) and get marginally more exp per mob, but I'd also have to run out there, so eh.

ed: also because on a pvp server it's nice to be +1-2 levels on oppfaction players questing in the zone

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
  • Options
    Lynchmob81Lynchmob81 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Buddies wrote: »

Is that the Aeonexx mount?

I only have 4 more Achievements to get for Glory of the Cataclysm Hero.

Faster than the speed of light
    Sun of a...
    Going South
    and Vitrious Vancleef or whatever its called.

A group with 1 PUG is typically incapable of any of these achievements. I've tried.

No its the one from the dragon in stonecore. Looks just like the The Aeonexx one, but it's more blue.

Lynchmob81 on
    "I need a small man's wetsuit!"
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Aeonexx is the best looking one imo :(.

So bitter a guildmate beat me to Deepholm when the game came out and nabbed it. And he's a frickin druid, so it's not like he even uses it alot.

Sigh.

I like the Tol Barad one I am using now, but, it has me question myself sometimes in awkward ways.

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

It's not that hard. A little romance goes a long way.

Bobble on
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Bobble wrote: »

It's not that hard. A little romance goes a long way.

I like the way you think, good sir.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    simsim Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I do one to two heroic and normal dungeons a day on two different characters...every time I get either Lost City or Halls of Origination. Other than that, I've seen Tides heroic twice in 10 days. Everything is discovered.

Am I doing something wrong?

sim on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited January 2011
    I had to queue specifically for ToT heroic so I could get my quests done in there.

Echo on
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It is random. One queue will go HoO but other will go lower instance. This weekend I had one day where my random was HoO but the next day I got Stonecore then after everyone left after the first boss (no good AoE) I got ToT.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I ran heroics all last week when I was able, and all I got was HoO and ToT. 1 Shadowfang, 1 Deadmines, 1 Grim Batol and 1 Stonecore mixed in, out of around 25 runs. And out of that, I only finished maybe 4 of them all the way through and at least killed a boss in half, the rest were fail or too many people had to leave and swap. For some reason I cannot for the life of me get a group able to kill Lady Naz'jar, even though I got the mechanics to a tee now and my priest is much better geared now.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    because why leave? It's the same "go here, kill X widgets" over and over in every zone. I could go to zangarmarsh or terrokar (or probably nagrand) and get marginally more exp per mob, but I'd also have to run out there, so eh.

ed: also because on a pvp server it's nice to be +1-2 levels on oppfaction players questing in the zone

Because HFP is hideous.

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Echo wrote: »
    I had to queue specifically for ToT heroic so I could get my quests done in there.

I've only seen that place once on heroic. I don't know what it is but it seems to be really rare in the random queue. Probably just coincidence but it's crazy :P

On the flip side, fuck Heroic Deadmines and the fact that it comes up ALL THE DAMN TIME and it's so freaking long. Also it has no drops for me.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    ToddJewellToddJewell Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    tanked for the first time in a very long time -- definitely screwed the pooch a few times but we never wiped [regular tolvir]... I did more dps than anyone else in the group though, that can't be normal? I was at 5k and everyone else was 4k or less? Pretty sure everyone was 85? I know my 85 hunter in mostly quest gear does about 7-9?

Just seemed to take forever to get bosses down

ToddJewell on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    ToddJewell wrote: »
    tanked for the first time in a very long time -- definitely screwed the pooch a few times but we never wiped [regular tolvir]... I did more dps than anyone else in the group though, that can't be normal? I was at 5k and everyone else was 4k or less? Pretty sure everyone was 85? I know my 85 hunter in mostly quest gear does about 7-9?

Just seemed to take forever to get bosses down

Haha no, you had a terrible group. I'd say even in non-heroic gear almost all DPS should in general be putting out over 7k.

Warlock82 on
This discussion has been closed.