As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Did anybody beta test this [Chat ant Generul Discushion]?

• XArchangelXXArchangelX Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Here's a clue, if your tank gets destroyed on a trash pull, then my earth elemental successfully finishes tanking the pull, maybe it's the tank.

Just saying.

XArchangelX on
    Eve Online is a terrible game, but I used to play, for the lulz!
    Steam
    Only the strong can help the weak.
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    MrIamMe wrote: »
    They have NOT tried to make healing/tanking more appealing.

They made it less appealing, tanking and healing are super stressful now, with dps quicker than ever to lay blame.

Healing is far better now. No one found wrath healing particularly enjoyable or challenging.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Preacher wrote: »
    I do have to say that I think cata is my favorite expansion so far. I did all the quests all of them! I hit 85 shortly after starting uldum but I really wanted to see the rest of the quests.

Harrison Jones's quests and chains were great and then Garrosh gets his own Harrison Ford moment at the start of the Twilight Highlands, awesome.

Man, fuck I hated Uldum. So much time watching cutscenes instead of playing.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I really liked the Tol'Vir stuff in Uldum but not the Harrison Jones quests. :rotate:

815165 on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I do have to say that I think cata is my favorite expansion so far. I did all the quests all of them! I hit 85 shortly after starting uldum but I really wanted to see the rest of the quests.

Harrison Jones's quests and chains were great and then Garrosh gets his own Harrison Ford moment at the start of the Twilight Highlands, awesome.

Man, fuck I hated Uldum. So much time watching cutscenes instead of playing.

There weren't that many cutscenes, and each one was pretty sweet. Quest design was also pretty free flowing and I loved the enviroment, to each their own I guess.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It was the most like a movie with a lot more cutscenes than any other zone... which when I think about it is probably what they where going for by having the entirely of raiders in the zone, plus a stargate reference plus whatever the hell the tol'vir are.

initiatefailure on
  • Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    815165 wrote: »
    I really liked the Tol'Vir stuff in Uldum but not the Harrison Jones quests. :rotate:

For Truth.

Also, it seems everytime I get into an in progress instance and the group is failing the DPS always says sorry, you just aren't geared enough to handle this. Everytime, I am like sure thats why the last healer left not because you decided to take avoidable 50k damage or stand in a fire or not kill adds that are molesting the tank with their mortal strike debuffs.

Smaug6 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I have no patience for people who bitch about my healing. You can whine a little, content is kind of hard now, but the instant I get annoyed with your whore mouth, everyone else in the party gets a pop-up window which reads:
    Vote kick for <Douche> initiated.
    Kick Reason: Whiny bitch.

It has passed every time I did it.

I'm the same way as DPS. If I actually screwed something up, ok, you can totally call me on that. But I hate it when someone bitches about say, me taking too much damage when it was unavoidable damage (which seems a lot more common now, they really must hate healers) or I only took damage because someone else didn't do their job properly (usually the one bitching). Really, I hate people who bitch at other people in group in general. It doesn't accomplish anything and it only serves to make the run go even shittier because now people are fighting with each other.

As a somewhat related side note - we did have an amusing guild run in SFK though where we had to pug a tank. The tank was ok but he would not stop chain pulling everything (our healer was seriously pissed at him). Eventually we get to the room before Godfrey and our boomkin accidentally uses Typhoon which aggros another pack and we wipe. Tank goes off on him, blaming him for our other wipes (No, those were because you were being a dumbass and chain pulling), then tries to vote kick him.... in a group with four guildies and the tank being the only pug. Ha. It didn't pass, and of course I was laughing when he kept aiming Godfrey at the boomkin, every time, without fail. Of course, boomkin wasn't stupid and didn't die to the bullets like the tank wanted, but still funny that he kept trying to kill him.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    edited January 2011
    I wish healers would also recongize for meele dps we do have unavoidable damage we take and we could use a heal. Like I swear the third boss in BRC has a healing aura that prevents dps from getting any based on what happens to me.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Lightwell!

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
    edited January 2011
    "Click on the Lightwell!" is a tip on the loading screens now. :^:

815165 on
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I wish healers would also recongize for meele dps we do have unavoidable damage we take and we could use a heal. Like I swear the third boss in BRC has a healing aura that prevents dps from getting any based on what happens to me.

A little romance goes a long way.

Bobble on
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

That's the lava armor guy, right? Doesn't that hit everyone?

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    edited January 2011
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Yeah and every pug I'm in seems to go for the 15 achievement and I swear always just barely live through the encounter, which is fun but nerve wracking to blow every cooldown to survive.

Also I swear I'm playing a different cata expansion then others with regards to questing.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'd just like to note that I still haven't caved and resubbed. Though I may have installed the client and stared at the login screen for awhile. >.>

Houn on
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Good healers know it and we will often "healcleave" you guys as we're healing the tank. Melee dps often have abilities to help mitigate some of that damage of course.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    edited January 2011

Good healers know it and we will often "healcleave" you guys as we're healing the tank. Melee dps often have abilities to help mitigate some of that damage of course.

Yeah and I use feint/cos as often as its up, but I swear its like tanks wait till those cooldowns are blown to dip the f'er. Could also be a los issue, I don't know if that fire in the middle can be cast through and again tanks in there seem to do weird things with that boss's positioning due to dragging him in the fire.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

Yeah and every pug I'm in seems to go for the 15 achievement and I swear always just barely live through the encounter, which is fun but nerve wracking to blow every cooldown to survive.

Also I swear I'm playing a different cata expansion then others with regards to questing.

Well it can be slightly difficult for my Priest to hit a DPS with more than a Prayer of Mending or an occasional Prayer of Healing when I'm having to slam tons of heals on the tank because he's taking 40k damage a hit due to tons of stacks of the buff on Karsh.

I mean I heal DPS all the time, yeah, but you're way the fuck down on my priority list.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
    edited January 2011

Yeah and I use feint/cos as often as its up, but I swear its like tanks wait till those cooldowns are blown to dip the f'er. Could also be a los issue, I don't know if that fire in the middle can be cast through and again tanks in there seem to do weird things with that boss's positioning due to dragging him in the fire.

The lava doesn't los.

That fight is a bitch for healers though, especially if the tank isn't doing everything perfectly.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    korodullin wrote: »

Well it can be slightly difficult for my Priest to hit a DPS with more than a Prayer of Mending or an occasional Prayer of Healing when I'm having to slam tons of heals on the tank because he's taking 40k damage a hit due to tons of stacks of the buff on Karsh.

I mean I heal DPS all the time, yeah, but you're way the fuck down on my priority list.

That fight is kind of a whore.

But if your group plays it safe it can be pretty easy.

Rend on
  • tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Imo Its much easier to do that boss by letting the stacks keep rising than it is to try and manage the adds, especially in a pug.

tinwhiskers on
    6ylyzxlir2dz.png
    edited January 2011
    Adds? What adds?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited January 2011

The boss moves for shit. Trying to dip him in and out of the fire so he only gets 1-2 stacks, but actually makes it into the fire at the right time is a pain. Much easier now that they increased the buffs length by 1/2 but still not easy.

tinwhiskers on
    6ylyzxlir2dz.png
    edited January 2011
    Adds? What adds?

If the debuff falls adds spawn. Ideally they never should.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Yeah, he's a real pain for the tank because he's got a habit of trying to melee while he's in the fire, which causes him to pause and shoot off 3-4 AoE pulses instead of the 1-2 you were praying for.

The key for the tank is to drag him right thru the very edge of the circle. I'm talking about the verrrryy edge. Just barely catch it, and you'll get one stack each time (2 if you're unlucky). Don't try to backpedal thru it either, just run.

The other key is to get blizzard to add 5 seconds to the debuff's timer. *grumble grumble* 'Back in my day it was 12 seconds'

Bobble on
    edited January 2011
    Adds? What adds?

Oh I wasn't aware of that, well that changes everything.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited January 2011
    Adds? What adds?

To be honest its a poorly designed fight.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    After doing TH on my hordie, I gotta say what the hell? The start of the alliance TH is just you crashing a crappy plane. Horde get an entire zeppelin entrance sequence involving Garrosh throwing a dragon off his ship with his bare hands. Not to mention the alliance start in an area where Horde ALSO have quests, that turns out especially well on imbalanced servers.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
    edited January 2011
    Adds? What adds?

And when killed the adds drop a lava pool on the ground that also add stacks to the bosses armor debuff. Once the adds spawn and you end up needing to kill them selectively to recharge his buff etc, the fight gets much harder. With the 12s buff duration and everyone in shittier gear so 15+ stacks was untankable, the fight was pure chaos.

tinwhiskers on
    6ylyzxlir2dz.png
    edited January 2011
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    After doing TH on my hordie, I gotta say what the hell? The start of the alliance TH is just you crashing a crappy plane. Horde get an entire zeppelin entrance sequence involving Garrosh throwing a dragon off his ship with his bare hands. Not to mention the alliance start in an area where Horde ALSO have quests, that turns out especially well on imbalanced servers.

Honestly I was really pleased with twilight highlands entry as a hordie, not only do you get a band of brothers style opening/combined with air force one, then you get to hook up with the dragonmaw clan!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited January 2011
    Garrosh makes another stupid decision at the start of TH, though, so annoying.

815165 on
    edited January 2011

Then makes up for it by going ape shit on a dragon.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    edited January 2011

I dunno, the alliance also hit the horde navy, so it kind of canceled out a potentially really bad situation of the alliance having a fully navy and the horde not having a damn thing to counter act it. Now its just both sides are messed up.

Also I doubt the air cover provided would have done shit against death wing and the twilight drakes. I mean even the red dragons struggled there.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited January 2011
    Yeah but Garrosh making stupid decisions is a given. I would've preferred they put in a little effort for the Alliance side. You crash a plane after flying from Stormwind after doing some escort quests with Anduin that reveal a soldier is actually a faceless one. That is the entire entrance to TH. Also, Garrosh going on about the UNPROVOKED ATTACK ON OUR NAVY BY THOSE ALLIANCE SCUM is so damn hilarious. Because you've never attacked an alliance ship while unprovoked, right Garrosh?

Lorahalo on
  • TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Got my new Samsung SyncMaster 23'' Full HD Monitor today and can now enjoy WoW in 1920x1080 Widescreen ... and it is glorious!

That is all!

Back to your regularly scheduled thread ...

TheBigEasy on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

I dunno, the alliance also hit the horde navy, so it kind of canceled out a potentially really bad situation of the alliance having a fully navy and the horde not having a damn thing to counter act it. Now its just both sides are messed up.

Also I doubt the air cover provided would have done shit against death wing and the twilight drakes. I mean even the red dragons struggled there.

Well yeah but just because Mike Tysons about to punch you in the dick doesn't mean you don't still try and guard your crotch.

The Muffin Man on
    edited January 2011
    TheBigEasy wrote: »
    Got my new Samsung SyncMaster 23'' Full HD Monitor today and can now enjoy WoW in 1920x1080 Widescreen ... and it is glorious!

That is all!

Back to your regularly scheduled thread ...

The best part about getting a new monitor is having so much more space for your UI. Then again, I spend far too much time working on my UI to still have it turn out almost exactly the same.

Lorahalo on
    edited January 2011
    Yeah but Garrosh making stupid decisions is a given. I would've preferred they put in a little effort for the Alliance side. You crash a plane after flying from Stormwind after doing some escort quests with Anduin that reveal a soldier is actually a faceless one. That is the entire entrance to TH. Also, Garrosh going on about the UNPROVOKED ATTACK ON OUR NAVY BY THOSE ALLIANCE SCUM is so damn hilarious. Because you've never attacked an alliance ship while unprovoked, right Garrosh?

Well last I checked the alliance navy also tried to kidnap thrall when he was on a diplomatic mission for the earthen ring, its frankly surprising the earthen ring didn't turn on the allies over that.

People give shit to Garrosh, but I love the guy, even if my character is like on his 4th strike.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited January 2011

Well yeah but just because Mike Tysons about to punch you in the dick doesn't mean you don't still try and guard your crotch.

Meh don't even know what happened to the air power, perhaps it survived so that we could have the gob squad later on (god I love those guys).

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited January 2011

Well last I checked the alliance navy also tried to kidnap thrall when he was on a diplomatic mission for the earthen ring, its frankly surprising the earthen ring didn't turn on the allies over that.

People give shit to Garrosh, but I love the guy, even if my character is like on his 4th strike.

I like the Earthen Ring more than either faction to be honest. It's like it was made so that they could have SOMEONE not declare war on absolutely everything around them.

Lorahalo on
This discussion has been closed.