[WoW] Did anybody beta test this [Chat ant Generul Discushion]?

16566676971

Posts

  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. 5386-8443-8937Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    2 bosses down, 2 epics for Styro.

    Descent is fun.

    Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The thing is, other healers seem to succeed at it much more easily than my shaman does. When I queue as dps I see lots of priests and paladins, and a few druids that don't seem like they're having too much trouble.

    Actually, that's kind of an interesting point; I can't remember when I've been in the random queue and gotten a resto shaman.

    I know this is from a few pages back, but I have to disagree. I love healing on my resto shaman. He is a beast. The only fight I could heal through was in my 3rd heroic ever was the second guy in Grim Batol. I was just able to queue and I just didn't have the throughput to keep up. I've since been able to heal every heroic.

    I'm not saying other healers aren't better, but shaman can get it done. I ran with a druid the other day that couldn't heal through certain parts of fights, so I was helping him out where I could as enhancement and we got through. Instant healing rain is so nice, I love enhancement as well as resto..

    RedDawn on
  • RizziRizzi Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Grobian wrote: »
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Ugh. I swear, I am never getting a new weapon for my warlock. Nothing drops! Raaaage!

    Do two weeks (of 5 won games each) of arena and you're done. The epic PvP weapons are still better than anything blue, even if they have resilience.

    /edit: A blue 346 weapon has 130 int, 1729 spell power and around 170 secondary stats (haste/crit/hit/mastery). The PvP dagger has 146 int, 1954 spellpower and 97 crit.

    But I hate pvp. And my connection sucks.
    Edit:
    What's more important for a destruction/demonology warlock? Haste, Crit or Mastery?

    Rizzi on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    God I hate people who cheese the lfg item level system. Especially if you're a healer, had a couple random heroics yesterday where twice the healers were in mostly greens with low level blues (I'm guessing they used pvp gear in their bags to que up). This ain't wrath and that shit makes it impossible to complete the instance.

    Also in stonecore the second bosses mechanics seem to confuse just about everyone I've grouped with, its one of three I haven't finished (the other two I haven't even been to with vortex pin and tol vir).

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Ugh, came back to the game with a few real life friends and except for one epic crafted piece, have basically everything I can get that's non-raid.

    We're building a new guild from scratch with a few old returnees and are prepping for our first raid Thursday. We have some newbs, so I can just imagine / am terrified by the dps numbers recount might show me. I know I didn't like how I was eclipsing a new ilvl'd 330 paladin and dk with my 6k dps as a tank, but I am hoping that's just gear / lack of raid buffs / knowledge of instances. Luckily, those two are probably benched for tomorrow, but still.

    I am aiming us at BWD for the first one (assuming Pit Lord isn't up). Is this a good idea? :). And is it wrong that I am so worried about our dps?

    Our tanks are veterans and geared, our healers are vets and geared, but the dps is mostly new guys...:(

    Why not do Baradin Hold. That boss is pretty easy but a good idea of DPS output and simple stay out of the fire mechanics.

    Jubal77 on
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Preacher wrote: »
    God I hate people who cheese the lfg item level system. Especially if you're a healer, had a couple random heroics yesterday where twice the healers were in mostly greens with low level blues (I'm guessing they used pvp gear in their bags to que up). This ain't wrath and that shit makes it impossible to complete the instance.

    Also in stonecore the second bosses mechanics seem to confuse just about everyone I've grouped with, its one of three I haven't finished (the other two I haven't even been to with vortex pin and tol vir).

    Tell them they need to LOS the shards and *also* need to be about 10 yards away from the boss.

    But yeah, Blizzard really needs to do something about people cheating the queue. Like I said earlier, I once had a healer with ilvl 200 Naxx gear. That's fucking ridiculous.

    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • MadpandaMadpanda Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    RedDawn wrote: »
    The thing is, other healers seem to succeed at it much more easily than my shaman does. When I queue as dps I see lots of priests and paladins, and a few druids that don't seem like they're having too much trouble.

    Actually, that's kind of an interesting point; I can't remember when I've been in the random queue and gotten a resto shaman.

    I know this is from a few pages back, but I have to disagree. I love healing on my resto shaman. He is a beast. The only fight I could heal through was in my 3rd heroic ever was the second guy in Grim Batol. I was just able to queue and I just didn't have the throughput to keep up. I've since been able to heal every heroic.

    I'm not saying other healers aren't better, but shaman can get it done. I ran with a druid the other day that couldn't heal through certain parts of fights, so I was helping him out where I could as enhancement and we got through. Instant healing rain is so nice, I love enhancement as well as resto..

    Which part of the second boss in GB were you having an issue with?

    When he grabs dual swords is the only time that your throughput *should* be fully tested. And even in all but trinkets being 346/epics that still tests me most of the time depending on tank.

    If he grabs mace, tank has to kite, no exceptions at this gear level I think.

    Shield is a lot of party damage but if people are getting out of the fire it shouldn't be too bad.



    re: Magmaw stacking

    Its not required to have 1 ranged "pillar target", but it makes it a hell of a lot easier for raid healing. We were able to do it with 3 heals 1 tank using this strategy, our main issue was getting ranged to back out for ~5 seconds when he comes back up from being spiked, the aggro wipe caused a few ranged deaths. Not due to them like blowing up the dps right as he came up, just the "in melee range" lottery.

    Madpanda on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    You can disarm him during any of his weapon phases.

    Samphis on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Samphis wrote: »
    You can disarm him during any of his weapon phases.

    Best to save it for the dual blades though, when he's got the mace there's no reason for the tank to be up there, he moves slow enough you can kite him around/wait for him to impale and walk back.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Preacher wrote: »
    God I hate people who cheese the lfg item level system. Especially if you're a healer, had a couple random heroics yesterday where twice the healers were in mostly greens with low level blues (I'm guessing they used pvp gear in their bags to que up). This ain't wrath and that shit makes it impossible to complete the instance.

    Also in stonecore the second bosses mechanics seem to confuse just about everyone I've grouped with, its one of three I haven't finished (the other two I haven't even been to with vortex pin and tol vir).

    The dragon boss?

    bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    man, there is really a lot of variety available among goblin faces/ears. I wish they would redo the other character models, or at least add some new variations.

    Or at least put half as much work as they did for the goblins into the worgen models. It seems like they have virtually no customization, and not being able to customize each form separately is terrible. Not to mention the human form lacks a bunch of the customization that regular humans have.

    Lars on
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Why not do Baradin Hold. That boss is pretty easy but a good idea of DPS output and simple stay out of the fire mechanics.

    We plan on it. That'll be first if we have TB. That's a big if.

    Despite somehow taking it back from the Alliance yesterday, I doubt our factions ability to hold it. So, if we don't have it, it sounds like BWD is the best bet for the first raid in terms of easing in. Was just looking for verification of that.
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Tell them they need to LOS the shards and *also* need to be about 10 yards away from the boss.

    But yeah, Blizzard really needs to do something about people cheating the queue. Like I said earlier, I once had a healer with ilvl 200 Naxx gear. That's fucking ridiculous.

    Yes, I wiped our group on that drake the first time since I didn't realize being too close negated the LoS blocking of the shards. Oops :(.

    Also, I haven't Pugged in a few days as I have been with guild groups, but seeing Holy Priests in nothing but PvP inspires great confidence :(.

    **

    Random aside. I don't know what it is, but for some reason Altairus in Vortex Pinnacle....the amount of movement required just pillages groups.

    Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    bowen wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    God I hate people who cheese the lfg item level system. Especially if you're a healer, had a couple random heroics yesterday where twice the healers were in mostly greens with low level blues (I'm guessing they used pvp gear in their bags to que up). This ain't wrath and that shit makes it impossible to complete the instance.

    Also in stonecore the second bosses mechanics seem to confuse just about everyone I've grouped with, its one of three I haven't finished (the other two I haven't even been to with vortex pin and tol vir).

    The dragon boss?

    Yeah, seems like the healer is either getting los'd on the tank and can't get the heals to keep him up, or people are dying to the lava, or the tank stands in during the shards and eats it because everyone else dodged. Groups I've been to fall apart during his first shard so if they could get that part down it would be easy.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Preacher wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    God I hate people who cheese the lfg item level system. Especially if you're a healer, had a couple random heroics yesterday where twice the healers were in mostly greens with low level blues (I'm guessing they used pvp gear in their bags to que up). This ain't wrath and that shit makes it impossible to complete the instance.

    Also in stonecore the second bosses mechanics seem to confuse just about everyone I've grouped with, its one of three I haven't finished (the other two I haven't even been to with vortex pin and tol vir).

    The dragon boss?

    Yeah, seems like the healer is either getting los'd on the tank and can't get the heals to keep him up, or people are dying to the lava, or the tank stands in during the shards and eats it because everyone else dodged. Groups I've been to fall apart during his first shard so if they could get that part down it would be easy.

    Ah yeah. That's the healer's fight, the one after is the tank's. Tank shouldn't be tanking damage during the LoS phase anyways so it doesn't matter where the healer is.

    bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Well the tanks weren't doing any favors standing in during the shards or standing too close (My previous wipe /quit was a tank who gave up after he got hit by shards because he was in the drakes hitbox when he los'd the shards). I just want to get the instance down its a matter of pride.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I don't understand why everybody bitches about Wrynn while Sylvanas pursues global genocide.

    It's not global genocide. She just wants everyone on her side. If you die, no worries, she'll bring you back!
    I think the only lore thing I find irritating at the moment is the fact that the forsaken now have a pretty decent naval presence.

    Where is their ports? I found this incredibly annoying in northrend and it continues to irritate me. Orcs have a few now, so their fleet makes sense. Forsaken have nowhere their ships actually come from!

    Much like their soldiers, Forsaken just take other people's ships.
    Why did they need Gilneas for a port?
    'Need' is such a strong word. Let go with 'want'.

    Really, there's a reason Thrall went AWOL. He was too nice and everyone loved him. The Horde and Alliance needed asshole leaders. And oddly enough, Garrosh has grown on me in Cata, even though I hated him in Wrath. He's very hands-on about everything.

    Automaticzen on
    http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I like Garrosh as a leader, he's at least more of a presence then Thrall ever was. It's sad that they killed Cairne and then had Baine take over being a do nothing faction leader. Same with whoever leads the blood elves and its nice the goblins "leader" isn't even in game/no goblin would ever want to follow.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • RizziRizzi Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Aaargh. I just got Azshara's Dressing Gown.
    That is not the rare I was after, game.

    Rizzi on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Aaargh. I just got Azshara's Dressing Gown.
    That is not the rare I was after, game.

    You just don't want to bring sexy back.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I have to say, having confidence in you groupmates makes all of the difference in the world. I was finally able to get into a group with my guild (I play later at night) and we did two heroics in the time it took me to do ONE in the lfg pug. It took me 3 hours to finish stonecore with a pug healer, and then I was able to do Lost City and HoO with a full guild group.

    I actually had fun in the full guild group.

    belligerent on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I usually like pugging into a guild group, but sometimes that just means the bads are being carried by someone who is moderately decent. Like a mage I had in HHoO who I swear to god died to every boss's void zonelike attack. They broke after doing the purple an the last boss after the mage left, I'm guessing some in guild drama for dying all the time to easily avoidable stuff.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    RedDawn wrote: »
    The thing is, other healers seem to succeed at it much more easily than my shaman does. When I queue as dps I see lots of priests and paladins, and a few druids that don't seem like they're having too much trouble.

    Actually, that's kind of an interesting point; I can't remember when I've been in the random queue and gotten a resto shaman.

    I know this is from a few pages back, but I have to disagree. I love healing on my resto shaman. He is a beast. The only fight I could heal through was in my 3rd heroic ever was the second guy in Grim Batol. I was just able to queue and I just didn't have the throughput to keep up. I've since been able to heal every heroic.

    I'm not saying other healers aren't better, but shaman can get it done. I ran with a druid the other day that couldn't heal through certain parts of fights, so I was helping him out where I could as enhancement and we got through. Instant healing rain is so nice, I love enhancement as well as resto..

    I have difficulty keeping people's health topped out where there is lots of aoe damage and I can't get people to bunch up, this is usually the problem with a mixture of ranged dps and melee dps, like last night a hunter, rogue and shadow priest. Of course Mr. Hunter has to stand at max distance, while the shadow priest is mid and the melee is meleeing. Healing wave is great for mana efficency, but the healing throughput isn't there. Really need to us GHW or HS to get people topped off and its so inefficent and I just can't cast them multiple times on dps and expect to have enough mana for the fight. I mean maybe I am undergeared, I am at 334 ilevel with gear that is all properly itemized for healing (maybe too much mastery), but I have an incredibly hard time with the Prohpet fight in the lost City of Tolvir (transition from 1st to second phase) and on the final boss of stonecore. Still haven't done Heroic Deadmines or Vashj or finished a BRC. I think alot of these problems come from random groups and there hur de derp attitude, but still I feel like I need more mana regen or a more powerful singal target heal that doesn't cost as much as GHW or HS. Buffed my crit is like 19%.

    Smaug6 on
    steam_sig.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I've heard (I don't play a healer full disclosure) that healing in heroics is best used as a triage, do what you can to who you can not to top them off, but to keep them alive for the encounter. Easier said then done of course.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Smaug6 wrote: »
    I mean maybe I am undergeared, I am at 334 ilevel with gear that is all properly itemized for healing (maybe too much mastery), but I have an incredibly hard time with the Prohpet fight in the lost City of Tolvir (transition from 1st to second phase) and on the final boss of stonecore. Still haven't done Heroic Deadmines or Vashj or finished a BRC. I think alot of these problems come from random groups and there hur de derp attitude, but still I feel like I need more mana regen or a more powerful singal target heal that doesn't cost as much as GHW or HS. Buffed my crit is like 19%.

    I think your gear is fun from your generic description, but it sounds like as the above said you're trying to do too much and the dps is screwing up.

    Also, I don't know, but from a tank perspective....are people really taking a lot of damage in the end boss of the Stonecore? Those void zones should slaughter most of the adds / the tank should grab them and the rocks are basically an insta-kill if they hit.

    Same with Prophet in HoO, the one way we do it the tank is grabbing the vipers so the dps really only takes damage from voids / incidentals / the Hymn.

    Also, for BRC....anyone else just skipping Beauty at this point? We have skipped her every time.

    Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeah I mean I try to keep the tank close to full and let DPS sit at like 70% of their HP if possible. Group healing when people are bunched together, etc.

    Seems like the name of the game in healing now is efficency, which poor or slow players can rob you off really easily.

    Smaug6 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. 5386-8443-8937Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Preacher wrote: »
    I've heard (I don't play a healer full disclosure) that healing in heroics is best used as a triage, do what you can to who you can not to top them off, but to keep them alive for the encounter. Easier said then done of course.

    Its about pacing and balance.

    Sometimes that means letting someone die so you can keep the tank alive. It certainly doesn't mean topping everyone off anymore. Some fights you just try to keep people alive long enough.

    Healers, more than anyone, have to use a lot of judgment in what they do now.

    Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • RizziRizzi Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Preacher wrote: »
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Aaargh. I just got Azshara's Dressing Gown.
    That is not the rare I was after, game.

    You just don't want to bring sexy back.

    I don't have a level 60 caster.
    :(

    Rizzi on
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Its about pacing and balance.

    Sometimes that means letting someone die so you can keep the tank alive. It certainly doesn't mean topping everyone off anymore. Some fights you just try to keep people alive long enough.

    Healers, more than anyone, have to use a lot of judgment in what they do now.
    Holy Cow, it's 2006 all over again !

    Fairchild on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Both pugs I had through BRC killed Beauty first time. If you've got cc and good focus fire she ain't no thing.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Why not do Baradin Hold. That boss is pretty easy but a good idea of DPS output and simple stay out of the fire mechanics.

    We plan on it. That'll be first if we have TB. That's a big if.

    Despite somehow taking it back from the Alliance yesterday, I doubt our factions ability to hold it. So, if we don't have it, it sounds like BWD is the best bet for the first raid in terms of easing in. Was just looking for verification of that.
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Tell them they need to LOS the shards and *also* need to be about 10 yards away from the boss.

    But yeah, Blizzard really needs to do something about people cheating the queue. Like I said earlier, I once had a healer with ilvl 200 Naxx gear. That's fucking ridiculous.

    Yes, I wiped our group on that drake the first time since I didn't realize being too close negated the LoS blocking of the shards. Oops :(.

    Also, I haven't Pugged in a few days as I have been with guild groups, but seeing Holy Priests in nothing but PvP inspires great confidence :(.

    **

    Random aside. I don't know what it is, but for some reason Altairus in Vortex Pinnacle....the amount of movement required just pillages groups.

    BWD is hardly easing in. It is a tough instance and will punish people who are not geared and do not follow orders. If your newbies are ranged dps the worm will be tough unless they can get the mechanic of moving fast when the pillar is coming at your face and also slowing and AOE of the worms. My guild is primarily established raiders and we had a hard time on the worm. Also if your tank isnt well geared I would recommend bringing an extra tank and swapping after the nom nom.

    Jubal77 on
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Now Garrosh wanted the Fosaken to take Gilneas so the horde could have a eastern port
    The blood elves what quite the dock yard in Eversong. It would not take much to clean the beach of murlocs in Tirisfal and build a dock is that not where Arthas launched his fleet to Northrend?


    Strategic planning this game is beyond stupid Why would the allaince need to build all towns and other things when they can just beef up Loch Modan being it is on the other side of the moutain and let the twlight shove the horde into the ocean?
    But if you read up on Medieval European history, you'll find that strategic thinking wasn't very strong then, either. So dumb goose behavior by supremely powerful monarchs is traditional.

    Fairchild on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    By the way, on the second boss of Grim Batol, with his sword things, yeah he hits a little faster but if your tank is losing lots of health its because your healer is not dispelling the stacking debuff that his sword applies to the tank.

    Inquisitor on
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I can't seem to find that page that had a brief description of all the heroics. can someone link it agian?

    belligerent on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    By the way, on the second boss of Grim Batol, with his sword things, yeah he hits a little faster but if your tank is losing lots of health its because your healer is not dispelling the stacking debuff that his sword applies to the tank.

    I'll have to point that out next time I'm in there and there is a problem. I try and disarm as soon as the switch occurs, does he apply it without them being up?

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. 5386-8443-8937Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Got Lost City last night with 3 warrior dps.

    Looked around.

    Pondered.

    Left.

    Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    BWD is hardly easing in. It is a tough instance and will punish people who are not geared and do not follow orders. If your newbies are ranged dps the worm will be tough unless they can get the mechanic of moving fast when the pillar is coming at your face and also slowing and AOE of the worms. My guild is primarily established raiders and we had a hard time on the worm. Also if your tank isnt well geared I would recommend bringing an extra tank and swapping after the nom nom.

    That's why I'm asking, what would be the best first target for a 10man. Overall, I've heard BWD is, but I wanted more opinions.

    As for gear, tank is geared with as many epics as he can (minus one) outside raiding and we have a second tank if needed.
    Got Lost City last night with 3 warrior dps.

    Looked around.

    Pondered.

    Left.

    Aww :(. Fear CC's might've been fun with that :).

    Chain Colossus Smashes might've been epic dps.

    Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Got Lost City last night with 3 warrior dps.

    Looked around.

    Pondered.

    Left.

    Should stick around next time. 3 Bladestorms + Stupid Tank AE damage = Everything dead in 15 seconds. The group would have been doing 25k+ DPS each on every pull.

    Unless they were all poopily geared.

    Buddies on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Buddies wrote: »
    Got Lost City last night with 3 warrior dps.

    Looked around.

    Pondered.

    Left.

    Should stick around next time. 3 Bladestorms + Stupid Tank AE damage = Everything dead in 15 seconds. The group would have been doing 25k+ DPS each on every pull.

    Unless they were all poopily geared.

    So he was probably smart to leave.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    BWD is hardly easing in. It is a tough instance and will punish people who are not geared and do not follow orders. If your newbies are ranged dps the worm will be tough unless they can get the mechanic of moving fast when the pillar is coming at your face and also slowing and AOE of the worms. My guild is primarily established raiders and we had a hard time on the worm. Also if your tank isnt well geared I would recommend bringing an extra tank and swapping after the nom nom.

    That's why I'm asking, what would be the best first target for a 10man. Overall, I've heard BWD is, but I wanted more opinions.

    As for gear, tank is geared with as many epics as he can (minus one) outside raiding and we have a second tank if needed.
    Got Lost City last night with 3 warrior dps.

    Looked around.

    Pondered.

    Left.

    Aww :(. Fear CC's might've been fun with that :).

    Chain Colossus Smashes might've been epic dps.

    Its doable but that fight hinges around your ranged dps and your melee dps being able to do one thing. The tank just sits there and blows CDs when they are nom nomd. Also for your melee dps that do the spike they have to click and then do an ability not just click on the spike. We are doing omni tonight so I will have a first hand account of that one but from what I have heard it is easier but looks to be way less friendly to mistakes.

    Jubal77 on
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Preacher wrote: »
    So he was probably smart to leave.
    Depends on if he inspected them.

    If they were poopily geared, yes.

    If not, then as said above, there are several ways it could've gone very well.

    Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
This discussion has been closed.