As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Did anybody beta test this [Chat ant Generul Discushion]?

• Options
    tehmarkentehmarken BrooklynRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    korodullin wrote: »
    I hear there is an absolute glut of Troll Druids.

I just checked WoW Census, and Trolls have moved up to 6% of the total population of all US realms. Up from their previous 2%.

Isn't the website for WoW Census, warcraftrealms.com, not been updated to work with the new cataclysm data yet?

tehmarken on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    What is with the dearth of on use trinkets? I swear every trinket I see either provides a passive effect or a random proc. My kingdom for an on use trinket!

Well they're sort of shitty for healers.

We mostly prefer trinkets that increase our longevity.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Magic RadioMagic Radio Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    tehmarken wrote: »
    Isn't the website for WoW Census, warcraftrealms.com, not been updated to work with the new cataclysm data yet?

Yes and no, it isn't tracking the data for the two new races but it's tracking the data for the new class/race combos like troll Druid.

Magic Radio on
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Arrath wrote: »
    Word is that if someone has a passenger mount then all their mounts can take passengers.

Including being able to, uh, 'mount' worgen in running wild.

I don't have a passenger mount, yet people can still hop on my talbuk's head.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    What is with the dearth of on use trinkets? I swear every trinket I see either provides a passive effect or a random proc. My kingdom for an on use trinket!

Well they're sort of shitty for healers.

We mostly prefer trinkets that increase our longevity.

I'm not saying all trinkets should be on use only, some variety would be nice though. On use trinkets work much better with my spec.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So I just did the dwarf starting area to see what they changed about it. Everything quest-wise is almost exactly the same, but they've re-written everything to make it a classic "leave your small village to a bigger world" story. I'm actually kinda impressed with it.

Then I ran over to the Gnome starting area and my ears were assailed with cute, kazoo-like music. When I think about it, gnomes really aren't all that ba-WHAT AM I SAYING

Henroid on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    Is that just ground mounts?

Seems like a bug.

The greatest bug.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Arrath wrote: »
    Word is that if someone has a passenger mount then all their mounts can take passengers.

Including being able to, uh, 'mount' worgen in running wild.

:^: :rotate:

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited December 2010
    Well, guess I ran out of useful stuff to buy for JPs.

Echo on
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Heroic Setesh *is* a fucking son of a bitch. We got HHoO last night as our random, all friends, all on Vent. Unfortunately we never get started until it's late already, but it was nearing 3am near the end of the run and we wiped 3 times on Setesh, our best attempt had us at about 500k hp left on him. We moved on and killed Rajh.

Earlier I tried queuing for a random heroic as Elemental, I get into a fresh BRC. *Immediately* the druid healer starts bitching about how I'm going to ninja 'his' mace from the first boss. Starts a conversation about ninjaing and tanking pieces and such and I eventually comment that 3 hybrids get +hit from spirit in their DPS specs, so it isn't an 'offspec' roll, nor is it ninjaing. The healer and two of the DPS are from the same guild and the tank is from somewhere else. The tank doesn't really pick up the earth elemental mobs from the quake phase and we end up wiping on the first boss twice. Tank leaves, instead of requeuing, the fuckers boot me. Ugh.

Then I went back to leveling my 75 hunter who was now full on rest, got 78 without much trouble. I definitely want to get her to 80-81 for Cobra Shot and see how that works for Survival.

Regardless, I'm feeling better about healing Heroics, particularly in our group of friends, not entirely sure about PuGs yet, though after I got kicked from that BRC, I queued up as a healer and got into an in-progress Deadmines on Ripsnarl or whatever his name is. We one shot it but my god that's an insane fight. We wiped 3 times on Cookie before we got that down and then started the VanCleef event... had to do the first parts a couple times, then people died on the rotating sparks, we downed the boss with me, the tank and one DPS and I had to go back to rez the other DPS who died again after running back once. Tank moves on and apparently we enter the 'timed nightmare' part. Since I had just rezzed two people and he started fighting worgen, I had to get mana after the fight, I mana up, we run to the next pack of worgen and immediately died as the nightmare ran out or something. Freaking annoying.

So then we go back to the boat and fight VanCleef... one shot it but holy shit that fight is insane, I was very out of mana by the end.

Dranyth on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    Springvale is a pigfucker.

I have no idea how to tackle the fight with just two CCs.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I <3 Heroic Deadmines.

Even if it was only the final boss alone, it would still be my fav instance. The rest of it is just gravy.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Springvale is a pigfucker.

I have no idea how to tackle the fight with just two CCs.

You're supposed to kill at least some of the add waves. My groups tend to CC the final wave before the boss goes down, while killing all the prior ones. I've done it without CC at all, and it seemed alright.

Interrupts are far more important than CC in that fight.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Why did I forget alchemy requires fishing to level? WHY. D:

Henroid on
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Henroid wrote: »

Huh?

I just leveled my alts alchemy without any fishing.

shryke on
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    How terrible is my life right now because I don't have Cataclysm or an active subscription?

A) Really terrible.
    B) Sorta terrible, because there's the upside of possibly being productive.
    or
    C) (Put your own brand of terribleness here)

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Hey they fixed the male night elf standing animation! Their feet don't subtly hover from side to side anymore!

Henroid on
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    B if you have a productive hobby/job.

A otherwise.

Oghulk on
  • Options
    tehmarkentehmarken BrooklynRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    shryke wrote: »

Huh?

Blackmouth Oil and Firefin Oil.

tehmarken on
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    tehmarken wrote: »

Huh?

Blackmouth Oil and Firefin Oil.

Are not necessary to level. I leveled alchemy twice, and never bothered with those formulas.

ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Shit, it's downright stupid to level with Blackmouth Oil. Minor and Lesser Healing Potions are an easy as shit and cheap way to get well past 100.

And Firefin Oil is only useful if Firefin Snapper is cheaper on the AH then Mageroyal, which rarely happens considering how plentiful Mageroyal is. Especially right now, with all the alts leveling.

shryke on
  • Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I was never huge on the "nerf heroics" bandwagon to begin with, but they're definitely getting much easier now that people are gearing up/getting slightly less dumb. One shotting things that would require multiple wipes/skipping in some circumstances before. In the past 24 hours I've pug 1-shot the first and third bosses in SFK, Ozruk, and Argaloth.

The times they are a changing.

(although I do still frequently pull tank diva and drop group because there are still many, many bads out there. just a lessening number.)

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    What is with the dearth of on use trinkets?

Because they're a pain in the butt to keep track off, what with all your 6 or 7 other cooldown-using abilities.

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    <3 Passive chance trinkets.

Arrath on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Shit, it's downright stupid to level with Blackmouth Oil. Minor and Lesser Healing Potions are an easy as shit and cheap way to get well past 100.

And Firefin Oil is only useful if Firefin Snapper is cheaper on the AH then Mageroyal, which rarely happens considering how plentiful Mageroyal is. Especially right now, with all the alts leveling.

You just spoke of the problem: the AH.

I'm not paying dozens of gold on a stack of one or the other.

Henroid on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    We just killed all the adds on Springvale. Took a little longer but then again we're all pretty geared.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    There needs to be some kind of equivalent to Justice Points that you get for downing Normal bosses. It's frustrating to get nothing out of several runs in a row with nothing to show for it except for some rep. I'm not playing my level 85 much because every time I'm on no one else wants to do normals and I'm way under the Heroic requirement due to not getting drops. Not to mention the enormous wait times for DPS.

Also, HoO needs to be less long. Fuck that place.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Love this new additional 15-20 mins of trash clearing-feature, on Ozruk.

Panda4You on
  • Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    ? Did Ozruk like an hour ago and all was the same as ever.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Some of the heavy PvP types in my guild are starting to get a bit antsy, asking for high-end enchants that require Maelstrom Crystals just to learn, much less make, and bitching about the lack of 525 Enchanters.

Guess this is what happens when my guild's goals and intent go from "We want to be a successful semi-casual 10-man raid guild" to "We want to be a semi-casual 10-man raid guild that also has a decent PvP presence" and then proceeds to recruit pretty much anyone 80+ that responds to an ad in /2.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    FightTest wrote: »
    ? Did Ozruk like an hour ago and all was the same as ever.
    Sometimes you pull him and down him. Sometimes the majority of the preceding chamber aggros. Five times in a row.

Panda4You on
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    It's sad when you get a group that, while otherwise good, is unable to wrap its head around the mechanics of a fight. The third boss in BRC is one such fight. I've beaten it before, but I don't think we ever did better than 50% on this run. Called it after 10 wipes.

Maybe I'll make a macro saying to just let the debuff fall off for a bit because I can't heal through the AoE.

Shen on
    3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I had excellent luck with letting the debuff fall off completely after about 10-12 stacks worth of DPSing and then the DPS picking up all the adds while the tank never comes near to them.

The only times we seem to have problems is when either Karsh gets "stuck" in the lava pillar and won't come out, insta-wiping the group, or the tank somehow gets teleported into the very center of the thing and it won't let him run out, also causing an insta-wipe.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    TrynantTrynant Maniac Brawler Rank 20.100 and full WildRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I did my first Cata heroic last night, Lost City of Tol'Vir. All guildies.

I know it's one of the easier ones, but man, I don't see why people are complaining. We went through that thing with no wipes, and hell I'm undergeared and wasn't far behind other DPS. It was challenging, but so far not nearly as hard as people make heroics out to be.

I guess I will be eating my words when I try PuG'ing a heroic, but frankly I'm okay with PuG's being a crapshoot. People should step up their game, not the game stoop to their level.

So yeah, woot for at least one heroic so far being heroic?

Trynant on
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    There needs to be some kind of equivalent to Justice Points that you get for downing Normal bosses. It's frustrating to get nothing out of several runs in a row with nothing to show for it except for some rep. I'm not playing my level 85 much because every time I'm on no one else wants to do normals and I'm way under the Heroic requirement due to not getting drops. Not to mention the enormous wait times for DPS.

Also, HoO needs to be less long. Fuck that place.

Is it realy that hard to get the heroic requirement? I hit it the day I hit 85 (yesterday) which only included like 3 normals.

I still think im going to get a few more peices, but once I hit revered with dragonmaw I will be well over what is needed for heroics.

Kai_San on
  • Options
    MrIamMeMrIamMe Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Wait till you hit harder ones before you comment.

Also: Guildies are usually better players.

How much cc did you have, and does the rest of the group instance together often?

How about you just hit l and go by yourself and see what its like.

MrIamMe on
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Trynant wrote: »

I know it's one of the easier ones, but man, I don't see why people are complaining. We went through that thing with no wipes, and hell I'm undergeared and wasn't far behind other DPS. It was challenging, but so far not nearly as hard as people make heroics out to be.

I guess I will be eating my words when I try PuG'ing a heroic, but frankly I'm okay with PuG's being a crapshoot. People should step up their game, not the game stoop to their level.

It doesn't come as a massive surprise that dps enjoy heroics.

Before in WotLK, it didn't matter if you were awful as a dps, as aoe'ing was much more effective; there wasn't any point in cc'ing or interupting, because things died too quickly anyway.

But you know, heroics go alot smoother if dps actually play well, what with interupts / not standing in stuff / cc'ing things when they can / purging / other things that do not directly relate to the dps metres.

But the knock on-effect is that for me anyway, it's made healing dull. Plunking away on the tank with 10k heals.

Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    CasedOutCasedOut Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

You just spoke of the problem: the AH.

I'm not paying dozens of gold on a stack of one or the other.

instead you will spend hours upon hours fishing?

"Time is money friend!"

CasedOut on
    452773-1.png
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    Trynant wrote: »

It doesn't come as a massive surprise that dps enjoy heroics.

Before in WotLK, it didn't matter if you were awful as a dps, as aoe'ing was much more effective; there wasn't any point in cc'ing or interupting, because things died too quickly anyway.

But you know, heroics go alot smoother if dps actually play well, what with interupts / not standing in stuff / cc'ing things when they can / purging / other things that do not directly relate to the dps metres.

But the knock on-effect is that for me anyway, it's made healing dull. Plunking away on the tank with 10k heals.

*Breaks the sheep?*

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    TrynantTrynant Maniac Brawler Rank 20.100 and full WildRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    MrIamMe wrote: »
    How about you just hit l and go by yourself and see what its like.

Why, why, why would I ever want to PuG heroics for Cata?

Trynant on
This discussion has been closed.