As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

COD BLOPS: Emblem collage in OP, post your emblem for the next one!

1565758596062»

• Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I don't think I'm going to buy map packs.

Unless I can use my cheese pizzas for it.
    Goddamnit, Brutle. You can blow $15 on digital maps. C'mon!

Alternately: I'll do to you what I did to Willeth. You want that? Huh? No, I didn't think so Mister Man.

Real spartans buy map packs. So deal with it, sorry had I to do it.

I want more maps the size of nuke-town because I love non-stop chaos.

Tridus1x on
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    My M14 has most definitely jammed on my ass before. I had to pull back and start relaxing my trigger finger to avoid both that and the upward recoil.

Also, in my mind, people who pick only the AK74/FAMAS have similar mindsets to those that only pick Ken/shotos in Street Fighter.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I wouldn't mind more sniper friendly maps, because that means I get to ghost in and knife the dumbfucks in the back.

lolsniping

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Unless when you say "gun jam" you actually mean "I didn't take my finger off the left trigger enough" there are no gun jams programed into the CoD games.

There are sometimes weird lag glitches like, a shotgun giving you the recoil from shooting 3 times in 1/10th second despite only firing once.

Burtletoy on
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Unless when you say "gun jam" you actually mean "I didn't take my finger off the left trigger enough" there are no gun jams programed into the CoD games.

There are sometimes weird lag glitches like, a shotgun giving you the recoil from shooting 3 times in 1/10th second despite only firing once.

The M14 is semiauto. No holding down the trigger here. Also, I'm on the PC.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
    edited January 2011
    Then I guess I am confused about what "relax my tirgger finger" means.

Burtletoy on
  • MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    My M14 has most definitely jammed on my ass before. I had to pull back and start relaxing my trigger finger to avoid both that and the upward recoil.

Also, in my mind, people who pick only the AK74/FAMAS have similar mindsets to those that only pick Ken/shotos in Street Fighter.

It's only happened to me once, and I wouldn't remember it except for the fact that it was this week... I was in a close range fight with some (fucking ghost) asshole, and I was ripping shots off with my M14, which I fucking hate, btw, when all of a sudden it just stopped firing for... well long enough for him to take me out. It was really, really bizarre, and I assumed it was lag or something. Random shit like that isn't programmed in, so... call it a fluke and move on, I guess.

And I took my finger all the way off the trigger and started mashing it to make sure it wasn't just me being an idiot. It wasn't.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
    edited January 2011

I did say M14, didn't I? Gotta read the context, man.

Also, I don't know how accurate the wikia is, but...
    In Call of Duty: Black Ops Multiplayer, the gun will jam if fired too quickly. Although it jams in order to prevent the use of modded controllers, players with a fast finger will find this annoying.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
    edited January 2011
    TrippyJing wrote: »

I did say M14, didn't I? Gotta read the context, man.

Also, I don't know how accurate the wikia is, but...
    In Call of Duty: Black Ops Multiplayer, the gun will jam if fired too quickly. Although it jams in order to prevent the use of modded controllers, players with a fast finger will find this annoying.

To me the context of "relaxing a trigger finger" on an M14 means you were trying to fire it too fast and didn't let up enough on the trigger so when you pushed it back in again, it only counted as one press, so to correct this, you relaxed your finger further back.

Burtletoy on
  • MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Fuck... maybe that's what happened... I don't think my trigger finger is that fast, though.

Also, Brutle knew you were talking about a semi-auto. It was just weird that mentioned relaxing your trigger finger when that's what you should do after every shot. He assumed, perhaps, that you didn't relax it enough. I think that's what he meant, anyway.

EDIT: See? :P

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hey Luigi!

Why didn't you put the gun charts in the OP?

Or at minimum a link to them?

Jerkface.

I thought that old gun chart was out of date, and I've had a hectic schedule of lounging around doing nothing to keep up with.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • NeuralFizzNeuralFizz Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Alright let's clear all the gay out of this thread. I played the Balls out of MW2, and I am going to buy Blops soon.

You all should know this. That is all.

NeuralFizz on
    edited January 2011
    Maybe I should have said "mouse finger" but that just sounds silly.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    *Reads last few pages of thread*

Well, looks like I won't have to worry about thinking up a thread title, it's practically been written for me.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Tridus1x wrote: »
    I want more maps the size of nuke-town because I love non-stop chaos.

hateru.jpg

TheCanMan on
    edited January 2011
    Alright, starting up the new thread, give me for a moment.

EDIT: Here it is!

PaperLuigi44 on