As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Do It yourself - GAME OVER: Christmas Cake and Village Idiot Victory

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Apparently it's not over. 3clipse again

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I don't have a kill power, just a guard power, but whatever.

3cl1ps3 on
  • KellieKellie Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ringo wrote: »
    Apparently it's not over. 3clipse again

I'm pretty sure this phalla's been going on for about 1,000 years now. Are we sure it's not over? Maybe he just hasn't posted the narration yet.

I don't have anyone left to seer. Lol. I've seered everyone that's left in the phalla but 3clipse.

So I'll just post here what I told him...

It's gotta be one of the following:

1. 3clipse is bad.

2. Someone that's left just appears to be village when they're not. You know? Like it just looks like they are. I haven't been doing phallas for very long, so I don't know...is that possible? Or do seers get to see alignment no matter what?

or,

3. Someone's changed alignment since I last seered them.

DevoutlyApathetic and Teucrian were, I believe, the first two people I seered back on day 1 and 2. Ringo I just seered two nights ago, I seered Dragon last night, and that did me absolutely no good, and Alegis I got a while back.

Now I'm probably going to get eaten. Oh well. Om nom nom.

Kellie on
    21et353.gif

“If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.” - Mark Twain
    edited December 2010
    Oh, I just saw the, "I'm happy to extend the next day too if needed," part.

So. I guess it's not then.

Kellie on
    21et353.gif

• TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    3Clipse are you some kind of evil Santa? These roles are very confusing.

Anyway, the simplest answer is usually the best, this makes the most sense.

Teucrian on
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Sure.

But this isn't going to end the game.

3cl1ps3 on
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    You are by far the most likely candidate. Sorry if we're wrong here but I really don't see it being anybody else.

3clipse.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    edited December 2010
    There are these things called "Thralls."

They look like Villagers but are in fact not.

Chances are someone like that is the one eating people. Or there's a conversion, or something.

I don't even have a kill power t_t

3cl1ps3 on
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yeah but you never shared your power.

There may be conversions at play though. Egos was village and died the same color as Kime, and Nodgarb told me he resisted conversion. As well that he was blocked several times to revive and Egos mentioned to me at one point kime blocked one of his kills.

Wild guess: Kime converts, and whoever is targeted can't use his ability that night.

Although I don't think whoever was converted obtained a free eat power that way so as long as we vote that person out we might be ok. If the eat thing is cult specific then this is going to be a boring paranoid ending. Urgh I need some coffee to think this over.

Alegis on
    edited December 2010
    Oh. My power is a guard. I've been using it on myself the whole game (hence why when someone action seered me they saw that I was targeting myself).

I am Neutral, not Village aligned, but my win condition is just to survive.

How come you're not posting drunk anymore, Alegis?

3cl1ps3 on
    edited December 2010
    Because I only post drunk when activating my drunk power 3clipse. Which I'll activate later.

for now I'm enjoying a glass of warm milk

Alegis on
    edited December 2010
    Night 1: Kime is voted out, could have converted someone this night
    Night 3: Kime was revived thanks to nodgarb (:/), could have converted someone
    Night 4: another chance for kime
    night 5: another chance for kime. Egos dies converted. Nodgarb tells me he resisted conversion and his power was taken from him during that night
    but someone tried to convert me so that took up my power.
    night 6: another chance
    night 7: another chance? Kime finally dies.

worst case scenario we're dealing with 3 more cultists orso.
    I do need coffee instead it seems

Alegis on
    edited December 2010
    Well, enjoy killing me.

I could have kept some of you alive with my power but nooooo.

3cl1ps3 on
    edited December 2010
    Withdrawing vote. Something is off.

Dragon did confirm 3clipse targeted himself so the 'eating power' is not the one he started out with. Probably the one associated with cultists. Everyone else has been seered according to Kellie so something is off.

There was no 'eaten' kill the night kime was away. So I assume the vote comes before actions/he was prevented from converting someone/conversion has some sort of restriction (even day mechanic, whatever) / whoever was converted didn't send in orders.

If the vote prevents him from doing that we're looking at a possible conversion night 5 and night 6. Coffee.

Alegis on
  • TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Alegis is right. Something is off and Dragon's information strongly suggests that it is. . .

Okay, so let's assume conversions exist.

Devoutly Apathetic was seered night one and left several hints and suggestions in the thread that he had already been seered and was part of the good network. He's who I would have targeted, if I had a conversion power. Obviously, when Kellie returned to life she was the best target.

I have to leave in just a few minutes. But with the players we have left, we can't lose tonight if we assume that all of Kellie's seerings were accurate and 3clipse is the only remaining evil. If there are multiple converts and we kill a neutral 3clipse we could potentially lose. That inclines me to think about a switch to DA. . .

On the other hand: A self-guarding survival neutral? What kind of a silly role is that?

Teucrian on
    edited December 2010
    Teucrian wrote: »
    On the other hand: A self-guarding survival neutral? What kind of a silly role is that?

This was my thought.

But if you're right about a converter, and Kellie was converted, everything we know could be completely wrong

Ringo on
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    edited December 2010
    Teucrian wrote: »

I had another win condition but it got met earlier in the game (all iterations of Santa Claus must die), so now I just have to survive.

3cl1ps3 on
    edited December 2010
    You know we're all taking Kellie's calls on seering for granted. Maybe we shouldn't.

3cl1ps3 on
    edited December 2010
    Wait, wait, no.

Devout has been protected by people multiple times and was seered a long time ago.

3cl1ps3 on
    edited December 2010
    3clipse wrote: »
    You know we're all taking Kellie's calls on seering for granted. Maybe we shouldn't.

I was just revived two days ago. People have been being eaten and whatnot way before that.

I can prove I'm a seer, if that's what you're confused about. I never identified you, so I guess you wouldn't have a reason to believe me. I seered DA on day one, and haven't seered him since then. He was Krampus, not to be confused with Evil Krampus, who is dead. Teucrian I seered on day 2 or 3, and he was Clement Clark Moore. I can't find the pm from when I seered Alegis on day 2 or 3...it's been a while, I think I might've deleted it :/ . Ringo I just seered two days ago. He was a Wild Reindeer. I seered Dragon last night.

So yes. I'm a seer, not an eater person :P .

Kellie on
    21et353.gif

edited December 2010
    I changed mah vote before you posted >.>

3cl1ps3 on
    edited December 2010
    I changed mah vote before you posted >.>

I saw :) . Just thought it might be good to put everything out there, because I'm just as confused as everyone else :/ .

Kellie on
    21et353.gif

• romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Updated

Vote closes in 35mins

romanqwerty on
    edited December 2010
    3clipse

teucrian was tuhat ur nwame i forgt letsz have somm dozneb beers togeht but dont biute me

Alegis on
    edited December 2010
    Sober post. Thanks to miracle water.

I considered targeting Kellie to confirm her, but if she is NOT the last one eating then I imagine whoever it is is going to eat her. If the eater targets someone else (like me) that makes Kellie more suspect. As kime I'd likely want to target the resurrected seer. Maybe I should have targeted DA instead in case Kellie dies.
    Ringo is one of the freshest seerings. Probably safe. I forgot to check just now if he was seered after night 5/6 or not.
    Apparently Kime can't have converted someone in the nights he died, the vote acts as a roleblock.

If there was no eat kill happening tonight it's likely Teucrian was the culprit. if there still is a kill it doesn't entirely wash the blame off him, as it's up the host's discretion what my thing does to people, apparently.

Alegis on
  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Vote Closed...Game Over...Final Narration Incoming.

romanqwerty on
    edited December 2010
    Alegis wins!

I cannot wait to blow your mind buddy

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    edited December 2010
    Looking through old PMs apparently everyone got the ringo seer results from Kellie so we all knew she was a seer and yet instead Dagon died to the eater.

At this point I'm most suspect of Kellie.

Alegis on
    edited December 2010
    I have lived like 1000% percent longer than I should have.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    edited December 2010
    Alegis wins!

I cannot wait to blow your mind buddy

Ye-

wait

WAAAAIT

Alegis on
    edited December 2010
    It has to be a coincidence that I got voted out the turn the game ends.

Unless my role PM is like completely unclear about my win conditions.

3cl1ps3 on
    edited December 2010
    Alegis wrote: »
    Ye-

wait

WAAAAIT
    Wait for it, it gets better.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    edited December 2010
    Shit, Ringo and Kellie were 2 more cultists? edit: and DA

Damn you KIMEEEEE

Nodgarb this is all your fault.

Alegis on
    edited December 2010
    Oh hey look guys it was Kellie and DA.

It's almost like someone tried to tell you and no one listened.

Isn't it.

ISN'T IT.

3cl1ps3 on
    edited December 2010
    There were two converters! ZOMBIES AND CAKE

ZOMBIIIIIIIIIIIIES AND CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    edited December 2010
    Oh hey look guys it was Kellie and DA.

It's almost like someone tried to tell you and no one listened.

Isn't it.

ISN'T IT.

To be fair, like half of us damn well knew you were just an innocent caught in the crossfire between the great war. I felt somewhat sorry for you.

Also, it wasn't Kellie and DA, at least not going into tonight.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    edited December 2010

Damn you KIMEEEEE

The best part is this is not Nodgarb's fault. DA, Kellie, and I were all Zombies first until Kime started re-converting us.

Poor Dunadan.

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    edited December 2010
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Alegis on
    edited December 2010

Damn you KIMEEEEE

The best part is this is not Nodgarb's fault. DA, Kellie, and I were all Zombies first until Kime started re-converting us.

Poor Dunadan.

Who knew the cure for Zombie-ism was a liberal application of CAKE!

Would make the ending to most Zombie movies far more upbeat if this was widely known.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    edited December 2010
    Oh, also, I ate people. I was a serial killer with Seer Immunity until I was a zombie.

Thanks Extermatott! We did it buddy!

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG