As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MechWarrior[miniPhalla]: Game over! Jade Falcon victory!

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Kay wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    What am I missing that makes Matev a better target? I feel like I'm missing a network here or something.

'Misleading' people does not include 'hey so every time I voted for someone and the vote passed, they were a clanner let's see if it works this time'. Sorry to tell you that.

Well, what I'm saying is that only a Clanner would actually be able to be that consistent. If early on you voted after the train had occurred, just to take suspicion off yourself, you'd do exactly what you did: Be able to claim that you voted to out Clanners.

Since then, you pursued the same logic, but voted for a non-Clanner. We're getting to the end here, so that was a wasted vote. I'm worried that you're having us target the wrong people now that you've established yourself.

Everyone else is voting with you, though, which makes me think there must be a network I'm unaware of doing something.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm not part of the network.

The three Clanners that I voted for, I started the vote on them. I didn't join bandwagons late.

I pointed out that Teucrian had been quiet during this game, which is unlike him. I was very willing to change my vote if we had other information from THE NETWORK, and they agreed to vote for Teucrian, making me think that:

a) He was a vanillager with no way to prove himself.

b) He was a clanner claiming vanillager.

c) He was a village aligned special with an ability that couldn't be proven via narration.

It turned out to be C, and I suspect that the network cleared the vote on him, because he hadn't been able to prove his ability by hitting non-'mechwarriors with his scouting talent. It looks like one of the clanner mechpilots targetted him.

Now, with the Clanner assassin gone, all we have to worry about are their mechs. Unfortunately, the Nova Cat is damaged, their Komodo is fine, and we've lost the Thanatos, our Heavy.

Kellie is still alive, and is either a clan 'mechwarrior or their mechanic. She should have died a long time ago, it looks like Spoit's sniperkill (and Alegis' assassin kill) didn't have a 100% chance of success, so no-one's to blame there. At least people have something to work with now.

Identified, alive Clanners: Kellie

Possible Clanners: Kay, Moridin889, Matev, Darkewolfe, NotoriusBEN, Immortal Squish, Nodgarb.

Matev seems to be designated target today, but Moridin, NBEN and Nodgarb haven't said much. I wanted to vote for Immortal Squish a while back (though I forget why), but the network's not said shit about them. In the thread. If they've said stuff in private, then cool. I wouldn't know.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    slow-clap.gif

A brilliant analysis. Too bad it comes to nothing. I predict checkmate in 2 days.

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    If this blows up in your face, Matev, it's going to be hilarious.

Given that he's all but admitted his Clannerishness, why don't we probe another suspect, and just accept that Matev is evil?

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    immortal squishimmortal squish Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Well, considering Matev's villainous gloating, I can agree with that. How's Nodgarb sound?

immortal squish on
    <3
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Oh man, terrible BotP. Someone quote me.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    If this blows up in your face, Matev, it's going to be hilarious.

Given that he's all but admitted his Clannerishness, why don't we probe another suspect, and just accept that Matev is evil?

It's not gloating if I've done the calculations.

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    KellieKellie Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yep. Matev and I are bestfriends.

Right, Matev?

Kellie on
    21et353.gif

“If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.” - Mark Twain
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So my plans got messed up and I won't have internet until tomorrow (phone internet ftw), so you have two choices you can vote on:

1.) A 24 hour extension on votes, actions, etc.
    2.) Close is normal tonight and tomorrow but tonight's narration will be up in the late afternoon/evening tomorrow.

I'll check the thread at midnight to tally the votes.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    EXTEND!

This can be the longest mini ever! Also, I am hungover like... woah

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Extend

I don't mind prolonging the agony. :mrgreen:

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Extend.

I hope your math is flakey, Matev. You can't be that confident though, or you'd have revealed all your clanmates.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Extend, please.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    EXTEND!

Let's see how long this mini goes :P

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Sure, Extend is fine.

immortal squish on
    <3
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Extend it is, then. Let's go for longest running mini ever!

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Imma shiv Matev, so let's vote Nodgarb for being too quiet

Ringo on
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    !Nodgarb it is then.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Ringo wrote: »

A shiv? That's no fun....

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    It's effective, though.

Your resolve faltering, Matev? Think you may have made a mistake in your... calculations?

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Matev wrote: »
    Ringo wrote: »

A shiv? That's no fun....

Command sent me out here without certin tactical considerations, so I made do...

Where are my bloody votes?

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    It's effective, though.

Your resolve faltering, Matev? Think you may have made a mistake in your... calculations?

Nope, holding rather nicely, I must say. :mrgreen:

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    yeah sure !nodgarb whatever

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    If I fell for a Xanatos Gambit while unleashing my own, tell my wife....

...I blame 3clipse

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Vote closed. Narration inc.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Minute 7: Carnage

"TacCom satellite online. Receiving data...target locked...identifying...

Target grid: 56x7
    Target callsign: Nodgarb
    Target IFF: Jade Falcon

Additional query?"

---

The Hellspawn pilot, lacking options, fires wildly and destroys a Jade Falcon scout; fortunately for the scout, he had already served his purpose.

---

The Hellspawn pilot's choice of target turns out to be unfortunate. A second Jade Falcon scout, spotting the great machine, signals to the Jade Falcon ship in orbit and calls down its Ion Cannon strike. The Hellspawn is caught totally unawares and its electrical systems are instantly fried; the Mech powers down.

---

Elsewhere, the Komodo guards the Nova Cat while repairs are made to the small amount of damage it has sustained. The Cougar is failing, though, and is no threat to either of the Mechs this turn.

---

With the Thanatos destroyed, the Hellspawn offline, and the Tech long dead, as well as all of the garrison's other weapons already used, only the badly damaged Cougar is left to fight against the newly repaired Nova Cat and Komodo. The light scout Mech is quickly obliterated, and the Jade Falcons march on the garrison. For now, this moon is theirs.

---

The Vote:
    Nodgarb: Jade Falcon

The Dead:

Matev - Jade Falcon Scout (blown to chunks)

Mech Combat:
    The Komodo protected the Nova Cat, but no attacks were made!
    The Nova Cat was repaired by 1 point of damage!
    The Hellspawn was hit by the Ion Cannon Strike and sustained 2 points of damage! It is now offline!

With the destruction of the Hellspawn and the imminent demise of the Cougar, the Inner Sphere Garrison has lost. Jade Falcon Victory!

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I believe gentlemen, that is what they call....
    Just_as_planned.jpg

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hurrayyy!

Thanks for running, 3clipse.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Took quite a while before the jade falcon lost someone with an ability (the shyest assassin~) and by that point almost all IS specials where already gone.

That said though we should have been a lot more aggressive with the vote and not allowed inner sphere to seer themselves, instead going jade falcon warrior by warrior.

Alegis on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    We were doomed the minute we found out they could repair, and we didn't have Spoit to counter.

Ah well.

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Jade Falcon proboards:

http://jafara.proboards.com

Thanks for hosting 3clipse. the mech combat thingy was interesting

Alegis on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Alegis wrote: »
    Took quite a while before the jade falcon lost someone with an ability (the shyest assassin~) and by that point almost all IS specials where already gone.

That said though we should have been a lot more aggressive with the vote and not allowed inner sphere to seer themselves, instead going jade falcon warrior by warrior.

True, we did get lucky with their blind fire. Also, voting that way would've been great for casting suspicion on the people that voted with us. Oh well, a win is a win.

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    While I could have made everyone play it out for another turn, there's literally no way for the Inner Sphere to win anymore, so I just called it.

Since this is my first time running a game I would very appreciate everyone's honest thoughts on:

1) Design, mechanics, theme, overall interesting-ness of the game

2) Balance; overpowered or underpowered for either faction? Certain abilities/roles?

I really enjoyed running a game, and I'd like to run more in the future, so any comments on this one that help me improve would be greatly appreciated!

For those who are interested, role PMs:
    Cougar Pilot:
    The Cougar Pilot!

I will find the enemy, and I will lead my allies towards them. Together, we will drive the invaders back and retake what is ours.

You pilot a light scout Mech for the Inner Sphere garrison on Tharkad VII. While you aren’t as durable as your Lance-mates and you don’t care nearly as much firepower, your scouting equipment and high maneuverability are invaluable for finding the enemy so that they can be destroyed. Your detachment was scattered during the attack and electrical storm; you managed stay in radio contact with the other Mech pilots. You have the following powers:

(1/turn)
    Fire: You fire one of your weapons, dealing 1 point of damage to the target.
    Scan: You focus your Mech’s power on its advanced IFF array, allowing you to determine the alignment of the target that you scan.
    Electronic sweep: You send a massive boost of power to your Mech’s sensors, allowing you to completely scan a target: you determine not only the target’s alignment but also their role. If you use this power, you will be unable to use any powers the following turn while your Mech restores power to its other systems.
    Punch out!: If your Mech is destroyed, you automatically eject and parachute to the ground. You continue the as an Inner Sphere Soldier with no powers.

Your mech becomes damaged after 1 point of damage, and is destroyed after 2. Repair restores 1 point of damage. While damaged, you cannot use Electronic sweep, and if you use Fire or Scan, you will not be able to use any abilities the following turn.

Every day, you must vote for a player to be targeted by the orbiting TacCom satellite. The winning player’s alignment will be publicly revealed.

The Inner Sphere Mech Lance on Tharkad VII is:
    Moridin889 (Cougar Pilot)
    immortal squish (Hellspawn Pilot)
    Wildcat (Thanatos Pilot)
    Farangu (Tech)

Your Win Condition: Destroy both of the Jade Falcon Mechs, removing the ability of the Jade Falcons to fight back.
    Hellspawn Pilot:
    The Hellspawn Pilot!

Try and hit me. Just try, I dare ya. Ooh, nice shot, but not good enough, you Clanner bastard...I got ya now...

You pilot a medium support Mech for the Inner Sphere garrison on Tharkad VII. Your mech is fast and highly mobile and carries advanced Electronic Warfare equipment, allowing you to defend yourself or your allies. You’re not as strong as many Mechs in a stand-up fight, but you don’t need to be. Your detachment was scattered during the attack and electrical storm; you managed stay in radio contact with the other Mech pilots. You have the following powers:

(1/turn)
    Guardian ECM Suite: You temporarily jam targeting abilities in one area, protecting your target from the next attack made against them. Can be used on yourself.
    Overload ECM Suite: You create a targeting blackout around the target, protecting them from all attacks made on the turn this ability is used. Can be used on yourself. If you use this power, you will be unable to use any powers the following turn while your Mech restores power to its other systems.
    Punch out!: If your Mech is destroyed, you automatically eject and parachute to the ground. You continue the as an Inner Sphere Soldier with no powers.

Your Mech becomes damaged after 1 point of damage, goes off-line after 2, and is destroyed after 3. While off-line you may take no actions other than to vote. While damaged, you cannot use Overload ECM Suite, and if you use Fire or Guardian ECM Suite, you will not be able to use any abilities the following turn.

Every day, you must vote for a player to be targeted by the orbiting TacCom satellite. The winning player’s alignment will be publicly revealed.

Wildcat (Thanatos Pilot)
    Farangu (Tech)

Your Win Condition: Destroy both of the Jade Falcon Mechs, removing the ability of the Jade Falcons to fight back.
    Thanatos Pilot:
    The Thanatos Pilot!

Damn Clanners. They think they can take whatever they want. They think they’re better than us! Think they can just waltz onto this moon and force us off. Well, they’ve got another thing comin’...

You pilot a heavy combat Mech for the Inner Sphere garrison on Tharkad VII. Your mech is mobile but heavily armed and armored; you can take a beating and dish one out too. You are the main combat Mech for your team. Your detachment was scattered during the attack and electrical storm; you managed stay in radio contact with the other Mech pilots. You have the following powers:

(1/turn)
    Strafe them!: You use the combination of your Mech’s speed and firepower to deal serious damage to your opponents; you deal 1 point of damage to each of two targets. If you use this power, you will be unable to use any powers the following turn while you maneuver your Mech back into position and reload your weapons.
    Alpha strike: You fire all your weapons at once, unleashing a devastating barrage of firepower. You deal 1 point of damage to a guarded target or 2 points of damage to an unguarded target. If you use this power, you will be unable to use any powers the following turn while your Mech reloads and recycles its weapons.

Your Mech becomes damaged after 2 points of damage, goes off-line after 3, and is destroyed after 4. While off-line you may take no actions other than to vote. While damaged, you cannot use Alpha strike or Strafe them!, and if you use Fire, you will not be able to use any abilities the following turn.

Wildcat (Thanatos Pilot)
    Farangu (Tech)

Komodo Pilot:
    The Komodo Pilot!

Pah. Inner Sphere technology is nothing compared to ours. Their missiles will fizzle, their lasers will merely illuminate us, and their shells will fly over our heads as we show them the strength of the Jade Falcon Clan.

You pilot a medium support Mech for the Jade Falcon contingent that has landed on Tharkad VII. You are highly mobile and equipped with an advanced ECM suite as well as Anti-Missile systems. You support the heavier Clan warriors as they conquer the land, but you’re not harmless and the Inner Sphere would be foolish to think you are. You have the following abilities:

(1/turn)
    Guardian ECM Suite: You temporarily jam targeting abilities in one area, protecting your target from the next attack made against them. Can be used on yourself.
    Full countermeasures enabled: You divert all your Mechs power into its ECM suite as well as its antimissile systems. You may either: Protect a target from all attacks made against it this turn; protect yourself from all attacks made against you this turn; protect a target from the first two attacks made against it this turn and yourself from the first attack made against you this turn; protect a target from the first attack made against it this turn and yourself from the first two attacks made against you this turn. If you use this power, you will be unable to use any powers the following turn while your Mech restores power to its other systems.
    Punch out!: If your Mech is destroyed, you automatically eject and parachute to the ground. You continue the game as a Jade Falcon Warrior with no powers.

Your Mech becomes damaged after 1 point of damage, goes off-line after 2, and is destroyed after 3. While off-line you may take no actions other than to vote. While damaged you may not use Full countermeasures enabled, and if you use Fire or Guardian ECM Suite, you will not be able to use any abilities the following turn.

The Jade Falcons on Tharkad VII are:
    NotoriousBEN (Komodo Pilot)
    Kellie (Nova Cat Pilot)
    Nodgarb (Ranger)
    Matev (Ranger)
    Minor Second (Engineer)
    Alegis (Assassin)
    kime (Warrior)
    JaysonFour (Warrior)
    The Anonymous (Warrior)
    Suki (Warrior)
    B:L (Warrior)

Your Win Condition: Destroy all three of the Inner Sphere Mechs, removing the ability of the Inner Sphere garrison to fight back.
    Nova Cat Pilot:
    The Nova Cat Pilot!

Inner Sphere scum. They are not true warriors; they are not even men. They are rabid dogs, and I will put them down.

You pilot a heavy combat Mech for the Jade Falcon contingent that has landed on Tharkad VII. You are relatively slow, but are heavily armored and very heavily armed. Your energy weapons will blast the foe into oblivion if they are not careful, and will destroy them even if they are. You have the following abilities:

(1/turn)
    Decimating fire: You focus both of your ERPPCs on the target, dealing 1 point of damaged to a guarded target or 2 points of damage to an unguarded target. If you use this power, you will be unable to use any powers the following turn while your Mech recycles its weapons.
    Overload!: You fire all of your Mech’s weapons at once, dealing massive damage. You deal 2 points of damage to one target and 1 point of damage to another target. If you use this ability, you will be unable to use any powers the following turn while your Mech recycles its weapons and dumps the excess heat from this attack. In addition, if you use Decimating fire or Overload! within 3 turns of the last time you used Overload, the attack will succeed but your Mech will go offline for 2 turns while your reactor dumps its heat to prevent a meltdown. After 2 turns your Mech powers back up and continues fighting with however much health it has left.
    Punch out!: If your Mech is destroyed, you automatically eject and parachute to the ground. You continue the game as a Jade Falcon Warrior with no powers. If your Mech is destroyed within 1 turn of having used Overload! or while it is off-line from having used Overload!, your Mech goes nuclear and you are destroyed.

Your Mech becomes damaged after 2 points of damage, goes off-line after 3, and is destroyed after 4. While off-line you may take no actions other than to vote. While damaged, you may not use Overload!; if you use Decimating fire you will be unable to use and powers for 2 turns, and if you use Fire you will be unable to use any powers the following turn.

Kellie (Nova Cat Pilot)
    Nodgarb (Ranger)
    Matev (Ranger)
    Minor Second (Engineer)
    Alegis (Assassin)
    kime (Warrior)
    JaysonFour (Warrior)
    The Anonymous (Warrior)
    Suki (Warrior)

Your Win Condition: Destroy all three of the Inner Sphere Mechs, removing the ability of the Inner Sphere garrison to fight back.
    Inner Sphere Scout (there were two of these):
    An Inner Sphere Scout!

I may be on foot, but I can still bring down the thunder...show yourselves, you arrogant, motherless pigs.

You are an artillery spotter working out of the Inner Sphere garrison on Tharkad VII. You’re separated from your squad and don’t carry any weapons capable of hurting a Mech, but you can drop your beacon and the guns from the base will obliterate that location. You’ve only got two left though, so you’ve got to be careful. You have the following power:

Fire Mission, Danger Close!: You mark the target with one of your artillery beacons; the guns from the garrison will fire on that location, dealing 1 point of damage to the target. You may only use this ability twice through the entirety of the game, and you may not use it on consecutive turns.

Jade Falcon Ranger (there were two of these):
    A Jade Falcon Ranger!

I fight on the ground, as befits a humble servant of the noble Mech warriors of the Jade Falcon Clan. I will show the Inner Sphere cowards that one need not have a Mech to rain havoc upon them.

You are a scout working with the Jade Falcon contingent landed on Tharkad VII. You carry nothing but a communicator and a target designator. The target designator is almost out of power, but it should have at least one more attack left in it. You have the following power, which may be used once during the game:

Destroy them!: You designate a target for an orbiting Jade Falcon ship. The ship fires its ion cannon at the target. The Mech takes 2 points of damage if it is fully operational, 1 point of damage if it is damaged, and 0 points if it is off-line. Non-Mech targets are unaffected.

Kellie (Nova Cat Pilot)
    Nodgarb (Ranger)
    Matev (Ranger)
    Minor Second (Engineer)
    Alegis (Assassin)
    kime (Warrior)
    JaysonFour (Warrior)
    The Anonymous (Warrior)
    Suki (Warrior)

Inner Sphere Tech:
    The Inner Sphere Tech!

I don’t pilot Mechs, but I don’t need to - I keep ‘em runnin’. Without me, there ain’t no show in the first place.

You are an engineer based out of the Inner Sphere garrison on Tharkad VII. You maintain and repair the Mechs there, often in the field. You were send out with this detachment to repair the garrison’s Mechs during combat. You have the following powers:

(1/turn)
    Repair: You repair one point of damage on the Mech.
    Shut ‘er down and lemme work!: You must coordinate this with the pilot: the Mech goes offline for one turn, and you repair 2 points of damage on the Mech.

Wildcat (Thanatos Pilot)
    Farangu (Tech)

Jade Falcon Engineer:
    The Jade Falcon Engineer!

Combat in Mechs is the noblest of pursuits, but someone must maintain and repair those glorious machines. That someone is me.

You are the engineer with the Jade Falcon contingent landed on Tharkad VII. You cannot fight on your own, but you keep the Mechs running, and that makes you invaluable. You have the following powers:

(1/turn)
    Repair: You repair one point of damage on the Mech.
    Stand and fight!: You repair 2 points of damage on the Mech, but it must be offline in order to use this power.

Kellie (Nova Cat Pilot)
    Nodgarb (Ranger)
    Matev (Ranger)
    Minor Second (Engineer)
    Alegis (Assassin)
    kime (Warrior)
    JaysonFour (Warrior)
    The Anonymous (Warrior)
    Suki (Warrior)

Inner Sphere Sniper:
    The Inner Sphere Sniper!

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death...

You are a sniper. With deadly precision, you eliminate hostile forces. Your every shot is fatal and final. But in this darkness with all the equipment blown out, you can’t get a good shot, and so you’re stuck waiting for more targeting data. You have the following power:

(1/turn)
    Snipe: You snipe the target, killing them. Has no effect against Mechs. Requires the target to be seered first, either publicly or otherwise (i.e., if you are in communication with a seer and they seer the target, you may attack it).

Jade Falcon Assassin:
    The Jade Falcon Assassin!

I move through the shadows, silent and unheard. You will never notice your death approaching.

You are a covert assassin, trained in the art of the silent kill and dispatched behind enemy lines to weaken them before the Mech assault. Separated from your force, you continue your work unabated, slowly picking off the Inner Sphere dogs. You have the following power:

(1/turn)
    Death from the shadows: You sneak up behind the target and kill them. Has no effect against Mechs. If the target is a Soldier, the attack fails.

Kellie (Nova Cat Pilot)
    Nodgarb (Ranger)
    Matev (Ranger)
    Minor Second (Engineer)
    Alegis (Assassin)
    kime (Warrior)
    JaysonFour (Warrior)
    The Anonymous (Warrior)
    Suki (Warrior)

Inner Sphere Soldier:
    An Inner Sphere Soldier!

Grunt. Wardog. Footslogger. There are many words for me, but the one that fits best when there’s giant robots running around is “poor bloody infantry.”

You are a foot soldier stationed in the garrison on Tharkad VII. Your job is to protect the garrison so that the moon doesn’t fall.

Jade Falcon Warrior:
    A Jade Falcon Warrior!

I am of the lowest class. I cannot pilot or even touch a Mech; my weapons are fit only to kill other infantry, the most worthless of professions. One day I’ll show them my true worth, but today is not that day.

You are a solder with the Jade Falcon contingent landed on Tharkad VII. Your job is to protect the Techs, Ranger, and Mechs from the Inner Sphere scum.

Kellie (Nova Cat Pilot)
    Nodgarb (Ranger)
    Matev (Ranger)
    Minor Second (Engineer)
    Alegis (Assassin)
    kime (Warrior)
    JaysonFour (Warrior)
    The Anonymous (Warrior)
    Suki (Warrior)

Word of Blake Holdout:
    The Word of Blake Holdout!

Blake spoke the truth. The others may have run, squealing, tails between their legs, back to the Inner Sphere, but I would never. Could never. I will avoid the nonbelievers, for now, and bring Blake’s Word back to those who must hear it.

You are a holdout from the Word of Blake, which was crushed only recently. You have been hiding out on this moon, trying to find others like yourself. So far, no such luck, and now the Inner Sphere and the Jade Falcons are duking it out right in front of you. You’re trying to maintain a low profile, but have a holographic projector and a flamer with you just in case. If you win the vote and are publicly seered, you gain the following powers:

(1/turn)
    Hand of Blake, shield thy servant: You engage your holographic projector to distract opponents. You avoid the first attack you receive on a turn in which you use this power.
    By fire be purged!: You may kill one target per turn. Has no effect on Mechs.

Your Win Condition: Survive until the end of the game.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Did you mason the entire lance together? Cause if so, that was very.............handy for the village.

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Yes. All 3 Mechs and the Tech were masoned, mostly so that they wouldn't murder each other.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    <
    Komodo mech with the lucky day 1 shot on the thanatos :mrgreen:

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    3clipse wrote: »
    Yes. All 3 Mechs and the Tech were masoned, mostly so that they wouldn't murder each other.

Aw, but that's half the fun of having 3 vigs on a team.

Honestly though, that does kind of give the village an edge that normally should be reserved for the mafia. (Excepting in larger games, natch) It's a very solid core for people to wrap around vs. the usual paranoia of such a game.

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Matev wrote: »
    I believe gentlemen, that is what they call....
    Just_as_planned.jpg

I'm glad you die at the end of the show.

immortal squish on
    <3
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Spoilers!

Matev: Thanks for the feedback. I was really torn over it, but went with it in the end fearing that they'd blow themselves up if they didn't know who not to shoot at.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    KellieKellie Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I had a lot of fun with this one :) . Thanks for running.

Kellie on
    21et353.gif

“If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.” - Mark Twain