Options

Guenn's Art

Guenn Eona NimueGuenn Eona Nimue Registered User regular
edited October 2013 in Artist's Corner
Hello everybody! My name is Guenn. I am 84 years old and new (6 months) to the internet! I have been a painter for 60 years so this a lot of fun for me!

This is Jabeh The Elf, a watercolor I completed in 1982.

8713.Untitled_2D00_38_5F00_182144747_5F00_std.jpg

Guenn Eona Nimue on

• Options
    edited October 2013
    RAIDEN is an Acrylic Painting I completed in 1986.

Untitled-21_182143003_std.jpg

Guenn Eona Nimue on
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited December 2010
    Hey Guenn, welcome to the internet!

First off, you should keep all your art in one thread, thats generally how we do stuff around here. We are also primarily a forum for critique, do you have any goals for yourself as an artist. I hope I am still painting and showing my work at 84!

This reminds me of childrens books illustration. Do you have anything more recent?

Iruka on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    okay

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    OOOOOOOOOPS! Sorry about that!

Goals? Not really, except maybe just to keep painting. Anyone is free to look at it, critique it, use it, or maybe even learn from it. Is that OK? Let me know!

Merry Christmas to you Iruka!

Guenn Eona Nimue on
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited December 2010
    I merged your two threads. Welcome!

Keep in mind that we are very feedback and critique based here so if you have anything you're currently working on we can give our thoughts on it.

bombardier on
  • Options
    NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    How did you find this forum??
    I would love to see a larger version of the first, and do you have any done in the last decade or so?
    the second one almost looks acrylic.

NakedZergling on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited December 2010
    Raiden bangs off the hook.

Tube on
  • Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Raiden is very inspirational!

m3nace on
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Thanks for the compliments all! Not sure how exactly I found this site, really. Right, Raiden is acrylic. Here is a watercolor from a while back called "Earth Mirror". Enjoy! Happy New Year! Guenn

19.jpg

Guenn Eona Nimue on
  • Options
    ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    the colors on that dragon painting are beautiful.

ninjai on
  • Options
    MossMoss Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    This thread is amazing.

Moss on
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Look Out! Plant Elemental Being! Acrylic!!

Untitled-24.jpg

Guenn Eona Nimue on
  • Options
    D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I like it, but the way his head meets the chest makes it look really flat.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    PhthanoPhthano Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The amount of awesome contained in that dragon painting can scarcely be expressed. Welcome to the internet, Guenn. I'd like to see a lot more of your work. Your stuff is great. Your many years of painting have definitely paid off.

Phthano on
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Thanks all! Here is a pen and ink called Faeries. Hi, D-Robe, right, he is supposed to appear flat (like a leaf). Thanks for all the comments!

Untitled-7.jpg

Guenn Eona Nimue on
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Three Djinnh, with their Faerie Serpent companion, Tanosz.

34.jpg

Guenn Eona Nimue on
  • Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I found your webpage! You have so much gorgeous art =D. Very eastern inspired - I like it. Reminds me of Indian miniature paintings and Thai art.

m3nace on
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    A Tiny Magickal Rose Unicorn (flowers provide scale) - Watercolor. Enjoy! Guenn

15.jpg

Guenn Eona Nimue on
  • Options
    Gloria FarmerGloria Farmer Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Your art is very charming with a lot of personality, not to mention your technical capability. My first impression was glee at the combination of fantasy/sci-fi and old person-ishness (it's a good thing, like some sort of gentler quality)

Gloria Farmer on
    pennyarcadebanner.jpg
  • Options
    squidbunnysquidbunny Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    There is more whimsy in this thread than the internet can handle. I also found your site. "Kama Itachi" in gallery 1 is amazing.

squidbunny on
    header_image_sm.jpg
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Guen, are you really 84? Wow, I hope that at your age I'm still working on what I love, as you have done! Can you share with us who inspires you?

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    meowmixmeowmix Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    What substance was used to create the golden headpieces?

meowmix on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Thank you all for your wonderfully kind comments!

Yes, MagicToaster, I really am 84! Basically, I think what inspires me the most is Nature, which is to me like the ultimate painting, filled with crazier looking stuff than anything I could come up with.

Hi meowmix! My methods can be a bit unconventional. At the time, I was almost completely out of paints and, believe it or not, used the last of my mettalic gold nail polish for the headpieces. When I was painting "The Rose Unicorn", I ran out of yellow and actually resorted to adding a little French's Mustard to what I had left. So, I think one could say it is a very tasteful piece! The color has not faded at all.

Great work on this site! Wishing all of you well!

Guenn

Guenn Eona Nimue on
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    THE FLOATING TOWERS, HIGH ABOVE THEIR HOME PLANET, HALGANNARAH. The mighty round domes shown in the illustration, each one large enough to hold a faerie-sized city, form the Universal Council Center where the numerous star-world groupings gather twice yearly to communicate their needs and maintain friendly relations with all neighboring Elemental Systems. Throughout the miles of massive tapestried reception halls you will see the most astonishing mixture of races, all seated comfortably in large soft chairs sharing thoughts, concepts and future plans.

3.jpg

Guenn Eona Nimue on
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Your art is very charming with a lot of personality, not to mention your technical capability. My first impression was glee at the combination of fantasy/sci-fi and old person-ishness (it's a good thing, like some sort of gentler quality)

It's funny you should mention that - I stumbled across this thread and it pulled me back years ago when I used to visit my grandmother. She was a really good artist - especially with pen and ink - and always did whimsical fantasy stuff. I actually had a very hard time looking through this thread without getting a bit emotional.

Very, very nice work. Like others have said - the personality and coloring is really great.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    That god damned rocks all of the socks...all of them.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    That is a mystical painting, I love it :)
    Mustang wrote: »
    That god damned rocks all of the socks...all of them.

Leaves no socks for anyone else to rock.

ninjai on
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    THE VENETIANS - Encaustic with Oils on a small wood panel, from way back in 1968!

attachment.php?attachmentid=1843223&d=1381376502

Guenn Eona Nimue on
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    oh, that's just lovely.

tynic on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Thank you, tynic! Found your site, love the pen and ink Centaur!
    Guenn

Guenn Eona Nimue on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited February 2011
    These are incredible works, Guenn. Nice stuff.

Notice you're in Seattle. You have a studio or gallery up anywhere local?

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Thanks Rankenphile!

Nope, no studio or gallery, just a very large and rather imposing desk. To be perfectly honest with you, I stopped actively trying to sell any of my work many, many years ago, after only a few encounters with gallery owners and publishers. I found them to be, for the most part, rude, inconsiderate, dictatorial and generally greedy (many of them were not even artists). I gather from what I have read since going on line that not much has changed, either, over the several decades since then. I simply decided that commercial success would remain an unimportant consideration in my life (and art), as I have no need for money, and have never regretted the decision. I love being able to show it now on the internet though! What freedom! It is so very wonderful, and rewarding, to see so much diversity and creativity on the internet. So many artists, many more than I had ever imagined possible, and what work! Not knocking those who desire commercial success here, only saying that my path, as things turned out, was to be just a bit different.

Wishing you well, Guenn

"A Solitary Druidess", (Photogragh) shot in three parts, and then combined to form this 6 x 8 inch (approx.) self portrait. It was created in 1979 in Seattle, Washington.

solitary_druidess___photograph_by_anglamarke-d355vnj.jpg

Guenn Eona Nimue on
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    This really is a wonderful thread, thank you for sharing your work! It's a style of illustration we don't see very much of these days.

Sometimes The internet amazes me.

Flay on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited February 2011
    Guenn

you rule

I admire your outlook, your drive, vision, skill and integrity

Please keep sharing your work, and thanks for bringing it to our little community here.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    MAA-TERRANH - Acrylic
    Her sparkling opalescent auric field, swirling, mist-like, extending for miles to all sides is the pure White Light of Timeless Love. As she moves through the wild, sweet meadowlands and orchidwood forests carpeted with violets and dragon-fern moss, acknowledging the tiny bell song greetings from all around her, everywhere!

5.jpg

Guenn Eona Nimue on
  • Options
    BelgarionBelgarion Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I registered just so that I could say how much I love your artwork. Absolutely fantastic and you're an inspiration. Thank you so much for sharing your work.

Belgarion on
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Hello Belgarion!

I am very flattered that you registered just to comment on my work! After many, many years working alone, I had all but given up hope that anyone would ever really see any of my paintings. Reading responses like yours, and the others here, has buoyed my spirits immeasurably, and filled my heart with a real feeling of joy! Thank you all so much! I never dared to dream this could be such a happy time in my life.

Love and Light to all, Guenn

"The Dancing Trees", an oil painting completed in 1967, and 2.5 x 3.5 feet (approx.). I had a recurring dream in 1966, of walking through a forest. I would look up, and the trees would be swaying back and forth in a most exagerated, but beautifully graceful and rythmically hypnotic fashion, without even a hint of a breeze. So, I decided to paint it.....

564761_Picture_076.jpg

Guenn Eona Nimue on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    So for the title of the thread you had before, I thought it was someone saying something like LOOK @ MAH TERRAHN!!!

But then I saw it was you and was pleasantly suprised. Thank you for posting amazing work!

ninjai on
  • Options
    AlyceInWonderlandAlyceInWonderland Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I absolutely love all of your work. My mom is a very spiritual woman, and your artwork reminds me a lot of her (In fact, the woman in the photo you posted looks a lot like her, and I had to do a double take), so I showed her this thread. She was absolutely blown away by your art, and it inspired her to start drawing again.
    So, thank you :) Your work is beautiful!

Edit:
    THE VENETIANS - Encaustic with Oils on a small wood panel, from way back in 1968!

564761-Picture_082.jpg

I would hang this painting up in my home if I could, I love everything about it.

AlyceInWonderland on
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Hello, ninjai! I change the title of the thread to that of the most recently added painting. Thank you for your encouraging words. Love the image on that link, is that your work?

And hello to you AlyceInWonderland! Thank you for your lovely compliment. The woman in the photograph is actually me, taken way back in 1979, when I was dabbling (briefly) in photography. You know, if you would like a poster of the “The Venetians” (or any of the others) to hang, all you have to do is download the image, burn it to a CD, and take it to almost any copy center. Most of them can produce digitally printed posters for around $20.00 (sometimes less). I have made a few as gifts and the reproductions are really quite good. Love the idea of having inspired your mother to return to the world of art! Wonderful!

Guenn Eona Nimue on