Girls Meetup at East

12346

Posts

  • punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Just checking: I prepaid. Do I need to bring a printout of my receipt or anything?

    punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • Kiss Me GoodByeKiss Me GoodBye Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    tvethiopia wrote: »
    Well anyway walking FROM the Westin we should have a meetup point in the lobby

    i'm coming from the westin too! when should we meet up?


    Being I have no idea anything about the Westin besides that I'm staying there I'm gonna msg you my cell! Text me on like Saturday...or today I don't care lol (I'm at work I could always use entertainment lol)

    Kiss Me GoodBye on
    SQUID
    PAX EAST 2011 * 2012 * 2013 *2014 *2015 *2016 | PAX PRIME 2013| PAX UNPLUGGED 2017
  • EruditeAphroditeEruditeAphrodite Registered User
    edited March 2011
    punzie wrote: »
    Just checking: I prepaid. Do I need to bring a printout of my receipt or anything?

    While you don't HAVE to (I will have a list of the names of everyone who has prepaid), backup proof has never hurt anyone, especially since I am at the end of my quarter and am a little *twitchtwitch* O.o.

    EruditeAphrodite on
    Pretty Gamer - Your one-stop shop for female gamers and geeks. Written by women, for women. Because we all deserve to feel pretty.
  • agony42agony42 Registered User
    edited March 2011
    Well anyway walking FROM the Westin we should have a meetup point in the lobby

    Put me down as yet another coming from the Westin. Could someone slightly familiar with the area suggest where/when to meet in the lobby? I'd definitely feel more comfortable walking with a group!

    And to those mentioning that they don't know anyone else at the meetup- neither do I! We can band together. ;-)

    agony42 on
  • tvethiopiatvethiopia Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    agony42 wrote: »
    Well anyway walking FROM the Westin we should have a meetup point in the lobby

    Put me down as yet another coming from the Westin. Could someone slightly familiar with the area suggest where/when to meet in the lobby? I'd definitely feel more comfortable walking with a group!

    And to those mentioning that they don't know anyone else at the meetup- neither do I! We can band together. ;-)

    i agree with the seaport folks about 9:30 being a good meeting time. shouldn't take us more than 15 min to get there, but i like to be early. so 9:30 in the westin lobby? also, it seems like almost everyone is going solo, which i think will just make it easier to socialize and meet new people. yay!

    also also, i just bought this game and was thinking it might be fun to bring along. the box says it's "for all girls who like boys", but i'm pretty sure you don't need to be a girl or like boys to appreciate the hilarity.

    tvethiopia on
    <3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • cyntheticcynthetic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    tvethiopia wrote: »
    also also, i just bought this game and was thinking it might be fun to bring along. the box says it's "for all girls who like boys", but i'm pretty sure you don't need to be a girl or like boys to appreciate the hilarity.

    *dies of laughter* I have played that game as a child!! I can't believe it! I had completely forgotten its existence, and would love to play if anyone else is interested in the nostalgia of crappy 80's games!

    cynthetic on
  • agony42agony42 Registered User
    edited March 2011
    cynthetic wrote: »
    tvethiopia wrote: »
    also also, i just bought this game and was thinking it might be fun to bring along. the box says it's "for all girls who like boys", but i'm pretty sure you don't need to be a girl or like boys to appreciate the hilarity.

    *dies of laughter* I have played that game as a child!! I can't believe it! I had completely forgotten its existence, and would love to play if anyone else is interested in the nostalgia of crappy 80's games!


    Oh man, that game and Mall Madness were childhood staples for any girl born in the '80s in my town! :)

    agony42 on
  • EruditeAphroditeEruditeAphrodite Registered User
    edited March 2011
    agony42 wrote: »
    cynthetic wrote: »
    tvethiopia wrote: »
    also also, i just bought this game and was thinking it might be fun to bring along. the box says it's "for all girls who like boys", but i'm pretty sure you don't need to be a girl or like boys to appreciate the hilarity.

    *dies of laughter* I have played that game as a child!! I can't believe it! I had completely forgotten its existence, and would love to play if anyone else is interested in the nostalgia of crappy 80's games!


    Oh man, that game and Mall Madness were childhood staples for any girl born in the '80s in my town! :)

    I remember that game!! You must bring it. Also, did anyone else have Dream Phone?

    Also, how is it already Tuesday?? GAHHHHHH O.o

    EruditeAphrodite on
    Pretty Gamer - Your one-stop shop for female gamers and geeks. Written by women, for women. Because we all deserve to feel pretty.
  • ruggratruggrat Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Anyone who wants to walk over from Seaport with us is more than welcome. I'll keep a list going just so I can have a rough guesstimate of how many people I need to look for


    I'll be at Seaport too, so I'll walk with you guys!

    ruggrat on
  • SausageSausage FLRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    agony42 wrote: »
    cynthetic wrote: »
    tvethiopia wrote: »
    also also, i just bought this game and was thinking it might be fun to bring along. the box says it's "for all girls who like boys", but i'm pretty sure you don't need to be a girl or like boys to appreciate the hilarity.

    *dies of laughter* I have played that game as a child!! I can't believe it! I had completely forgotten its existence, and would love to play if anyone else is interested in the nostalgia of crappy 80's games!


    Oh man, that game and Mall Madness were childhood staples for any girl born in the '80s in my town! :)

    I remember that game!! You must bring it. Also, did anyone else have Dream Phone?

    Also, how is it already Tuesday?? GAHHHHHH O.o

    I have never heard of Heartthrob, but Mall Madness and Dream Phone FTW!

    Sausage on
    3DS: 2964-9827-0033
  • tvethiopiatvethiopia Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    so yeah, i'll definitely bring heartthrob along to the brunch! if anyone else happens to have any ridiculous girl-targeted games, i would encourage you to bring those as well. champagne cocktails + crazy girl games = amazing way to kick off the last day of pax!

    tvethiopia on
    <3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • SammySammy Registered User
    edited March 2011
    okay i see that a lot of ladies are gathering from the same hotels, but are we going to have a group meet up at the westin beforehand?
    i'm just worried about getting lost as i won't have my gps with me. (aka the boyfriend lol)

    Sammy on
    Go Team !Squirtle!!!! Nurse Joy Pokecrawl '11

    PAX EAST 2012: HOTEL [X] FLIGHT [] PASSES [X] TIME OFF []
  • tvethiopiatvethiopia Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    tvethiopia wrote: »
    i agree with the seaport folks about 9:30 being a good meeting time. shouldn't take us more than 15 min to get there, but i like to be early. so 9:30 in the westin lobby?

    tvethiopia on
    <3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • HyperJMAHyperJMA Registered User
    edited March 2011
    I'm in! <3 My hubby can join the rest of your 'man's or 'sig others'.
    PM me and I can send information.

    HyperJMA on
  • HyperJMAHyperJMA Registered User
    edited March 2011
    What about S.P.A.N.C.? That's girl oriented!

    HyperJMA on
  • astillacastillac Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ahah, I'm so excited! I'm at the Intercontinental, so ... I have no idea if anyone else is here or what.

    astillac on
  • cyntheticcynthetic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'll be at my folks' house tomorrow before I head to Boston, so I'll root through my old closet and see if I can't find another ridiculous 80's game.

    cynthetic on
  • SammySammy Registered User
    edited March 2011
    tvethiopia wrote: »
    tvethiopia wrote: »
    i agree with the seaport folks about 9:30 being a good meeting time. shouldn't take us more than 15 min to get there, but i like to be early. so 9:30 in the westin lobby?

    looks like i'm gettin up early sunday!

    Sammy on
    Go Team !Squirtle!!!! Nurse Joy Pokecrawl '11

    PAX EAST 2012: HOTEL [X] FLIGHT [] PASSES [X] TIME OFF []
  • Kiss Me GoodByeKiss Me GoodBye Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    tvethiopia wrote: »
    agony42 wrote: »
    Well anyway walking FROM the Westin we should have a meetup point in the lobby

    Put me down as yet another coming from the Westin. Could someone slightly familiar with the area suggest where/when to meet in the lobby? I'd definitely feel more comfortable walking with a group!

    And to those mentioning that they don't know anyone else at the meetup- neither do I! We can band together. ;-)

    i agree with the seaport folks about 9:30 being a good meeting time. shouldn't take us more than 15 min to get there, but i like to be early. so 9:30 in the westin lobby? also, it seems like almost everyone is going solo, which i think will just make it easier to socialize and meet new people. yay!

    also also, i just bought this game and was thinking it might be fun to bring along. the box says it's "for all girls who like boys", but i'm pretty sure you don't need to be a girl or like boys to appreciate the hilarity.

    LOL OMG!! I love it! (the board game) hahahahha

    Kiss Me GoodBye on
    SQUID
    PAX EAST 2011 * 2012 * 2013 *2014 *2015 *2016 | PAX PRIME 2013| PAX UNPLUGGED 2017
  • kitties_on_acidkitties_on_acid Registered User
    edited March 2011
    lol... nice. Fun idea. Unfortunately, my Bargain Hunter and Fashion Plates are somewhere in my parents attic back in CT. ;-)

    kitties_on_acid on
  • kitties_on_acidkitties_on_acid Registered User
    edited March 2011
    tvethiopia wrote: »
    agony42 wrote: »
    Well anyway walking FROM the Westin we should have a meetup point in the lobby

    Put me down as yet another coming from the Westin. Could someone slightly familiar with the area suggest where/when to meet in the lobby? I'd definitely feel more comfortable walking with a group!

    And to those mentioning that they don't know anyone else at the meetup- neither do I! We can band together. ;-)

    i agree with the seaport folks about 9:30 being a good meeting time. shouldn't take us more than 15 min to get there, but i like to be early. so 9:30 in the westin lobby? also, it seems like almost everyone is going solo, which i think will just make it easier to socialize and meet new people. yay!

    Count me in as another heading over there by myself and able to get lost finding my way out of a paper bag. I'm coming from my apartment, but I'll plan on being in the Westin lobby (which I assume I'll know how to find by Friday because its attached to PAX) at 9:30 to head over with this group. :)

    kitties_on_acid on
  • Kiss Me GoodByeKiss Me GoodBye Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ok so from the Westin so far is

    Kiss Me Goodbye
    agony42
    tvethopia

    So we're all gonna meet at 9:30 in the lobby?

    Kiss Me GoodBye on
    SQUID
    PAX EAST 2011 * 2012 * 2013 *2014 *2015 *2016 | PAX PRIME 2013| PAX UNPLUGGED 2017
  • cyanosauruscyanosaurus Registered User
    edited March 2011
    *pokes her head out* Hi there. I'm not sure if I can come yet, but I'm a little worried since I'm super!new to gaming (of all varieties). This'll be my first convention/expo/anything. This seems like a fantastic idea, but I'm just a little concerned that the conversation will all be over my head. :/

    cyanosaurus on
    rawr.
  • kitties_on_acidkitties_on_acid Registered User
    edited March 2011
    Ok so from the Westin so far is

    Kiss Me Goodbye
    agony42
    tvethopia

    So we're all gonna meet at 9:30 in the lobby?

    Me too. 9:30 in the Westin lobby. How will we all identify each other?

    kitties_on_acid on
  • kitties_on_acidkitties_on_acid Registered User
    edited March 2011
    *pokes her head out* Hi there. I'm not sure if I can come yet, but I'm a little worried since I'm super!new to gaming (of all varieties). This'll be my first convention/expo/anything. This seems like a fantastic idea, but I'm just a little concerned that the conversation will all be over my head. :/

    No worries! You should come! Last year at the girls brunch I ended up talking about Doctor Who for most of it. So I don't think the convo will be limited to gaming. :)

    kitties_on_acid on
  • tvethiopiatvethiopia Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ok so from the Westin so far is

    Kiss Me Goodbye
    agony42
    tvethopia

    So we're all gonna meet at 9:30 in the lobby?

    Me too. 9:30 in the Westin lobby. How will we all identify each other?

    i'll be carrying hearthrob! also, this is all assuming none of us get bumped, which the westin is totally doing right now. there's panic in the hotel thread.

    tvethiopia on
    <3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • Kiss Me GoodByeKiss Me GoodBye Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    tvethiopia wrote: »
    Ok so from the Westin so far is

    Kiss Me Goodbye
    agony42
    tvethopia

    So we're all gonna meet at 9:30 in the lobby?

    Me too. 9:30 in the Westin lobby. How will we all identify each other?

    i'll be carrying hearthrob! also, this is all assuming none of us get bumped, which the westin is totally doing right now. there's panic in the hotel thread.

    People are getting bumped?? what's happening ::scurries off to hotel thread::

    Kiss Me GoodBye on
    SQUID
    PAX EAST 2011 * 2012 * 2013 *2014 *2015 *2016 | PAX PRIME 2013| PAX UNPLUGGED 2017
  • agony42agony42 Registered User
    edited March 2011
    Ok so from the Westin so far is

    Kiss Me Goodbye
    agony42
    tvethopia

    So we're all gonna meet at 9:30 in the lobby?

    This sounds good to me!

    Me too. 9:30 in the Westin lobby. How will we all identify each other?

    Good question! I'll be looking for tvethiopia and her heartthrob game since I think that will stand out the most.

    agony42 on
  • EvelynEvelyn Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    astillac wrote: »
    Ahah, I'm so excited! I'm at the Intercontinental, so ... I have no idea if anyone else is here or what.

    DK and I are at the Intercontinental. We can walk with you, if you like. 9:30 seems like a general time to meet up, so that's probably when we're going to be heading out abouts.

    I can message you my cell number if you want too. =)

    Evelyn on
  • Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm at the Intercontinental as well, so I'll definitely look for you lot also!

    Menolly07 on
    Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • RedBerriesRedBerries Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Is it too late to sign up, I am going with four male friends who I love but some times you need to escape the testosterone. I am staying at the Midtown in no mans land but would love to meet you guys at the Westin, if thats ok.

    RedBerries on
  • astillacastillac Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Woo, InterContinental girls! Our bathtubs are huge. And tomorrow mine will be full of Lush bubbles. :O
    I have no idea how long it will take to get from our hotel to the Westin, or the place we're eating. Which should we do? Meet up with Westin chicks or forge ahead on our own? How many nerdy girls can fit on a street in Boston?

    astillac on
  • Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Just so long as I meet somebody in the intercontinental lobby at a pre-appointed time I shall be pleased. Tweet me! @Menolly07 or @Pixels_At_PAX We leave early AM tomorrow, so this is my last check of the forums possibly.

    Menolly07 on
    Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • tvethiopiatvethiopia Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    RedBerries wrote: »
    Is it too late to sign up, I am going with four male friends who I love but some times you need to escape the testosterone. I am staying at the Midtown in no mans land but would love to meet you guys at the Westin, if thats ok.

    of course you can meet up with us! 9:30am. also, it looks like you can still prepay via the eventbrite page (in the op), or just pay on site. either way, you should totally come!

    tvethiopia on
    <3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • SammySammy Registered User
    edited March 2011
    Anybody else sitting in the airport losing their minds?

    I know I sure am!!

    Can't wait to meet all you ladies!

    Sammy on
    Go Team !Squirtle!!!! Nurse Joy Pokecrawl '11

    PAX EAST 2012: HOTEL [X] FLIGHT [] PASSES [X] TIME OFF []
  • CMYKCMYK Registered User
    edited March 2011
    So, I noticed that we only have 22 pp in the first comment on this thread and it's past March 6. Is brunch still on?

    CMYK on
  • BlasTechBlasTech Registered User
    edited March 2011
    ITT: The girls hog all the bacon. MEAN!

    BlasTech on
    Black Hat Crew : NERDCORE : www.myspace.com/blackhatcrew
  • tvethiopiatvethiopia Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    CMYK wrote: »
    So, I noticed that we only have 22 pp in the first comment on this thread and it's past March 6. Is brunch still on?

    this:
    We are indeed up to 26 prepaid tickets and I have confirmed with Lucky's that we have the min number of people for the private room. So, if you have prepaid you will meet me when you come in where I will have a list of your real names and then you will get a wristband. If you don't prepay (and people still totally can, will get me some extra miles XD) and will be eating you will be required to pay when you get there and you will get a wristband.

    tvethiopia on
    <3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • Kiss Me GoodByeKiss Me GoodBye Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    One more hour of work until I'm showering, packing and hoping in the car with the boyfriend! Wish us luck with all this storm!

    Kiss Me GoodBye on
    SQUID
    PAX EAST 2011 * 2012 * 2013 *2014 *2015 *2016 | PAX PRIME 2013| PAX UNPLUGGED 2017
  • NoranaCNoranaC Registered User
    edited March 2011
    I would like to join the girls meeting up in the Westin lobby (even though I was bumped from it), please

    NoranaC on
Sign In or Register to comment.