As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BATMAN] Where Are You?!? Here. Arkham City Out Now

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Wa it ever confirmed that those DLC release dates cover the PC version, too?

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    So you know how we were talking about the Scarecrow bits that messed with our heads in the first game, and wondered if there's anything like that in Arkham City? Well...
    One of the reasons Arkham Asylum was such an authentic Batman experience was that it didn't just focus on the martial arts and gadgets, but also the very fragile mental side of the Caped Crusader. In particular, the Scarecrow sections that cribbed from Hideo Kojima's playbook in terms of breaking down the fourth wall, and the playable flashbacks to Bruce Wayne's childhood. We ask Dini if there's more psychological torment in store for the Dark Knight (and the player) this time around.

"All I can say is that the game is loaded with surprises," teases Dini. "There's plenty of stuff that you won't see coming at all until it's too late and you're in the middle of it, and some of which I didn't even see coming because there were sections of the game that I had written early on that I thought we had abandoned and then I found out later hey, they actually put that in and made it work!"

"So yes, there's surprise upon surprise in the game, but other than that I can't say much more about it," concludes Dini.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/119/1199453p1.html

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    ONE WEEK!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote:
    ONE WEEK!

ONE MONTH!

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Sucks to be you! :rotate:

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular

given the delay we get to suffer, they should give it free.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote:

But they will be able to mod it and play as Invader Zim.

:cry:

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote:
    Skull2185 wrote:

but the first wasn't moddable so it could be the same for this.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Ooo I hope that skins pack includes all the pre-order skins. That's a very reasonable pack. I was worried they'd nickle-and-dime us with each skin being seperate.

Side note - I preordered at Best Buy this weekend. Was debating between them and Amazon - ultimately saw a video of the Robin pack and it was too nifty looking to pass up. I figure I get the most "stuff" with Best Buy, whereas Amazon is just the comic & $10 off.

Edit: It occurs to me, if this is the case, it really isn't worth pre-ordering just for a skin, since you're paying for it again anyways (unless you *only* want that skin I guess)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    ryvenryven Registered User regular
    think the only robin you dont get is BTAS Robin from the best buy preorder

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Big Isy wrote:
    Magic Pink wrote:
    Skull2185 wrote:

I would totally buy a PC and Arkham City if it could modded so that I could play as Hank Venture in a Batman mask...

Edit: Wernt people modding different skins in the AA demo?

Skull2185 on
  • Options
    is nightwing going to have different moves/equipment too?

• Options
    HalfhandHalfhand a stalwart bastion of terrible ideas Registered User regular
    edited October 2011

hope so. i got the game for 35 bucks so even if i don't get them i'm happy.

the delay sucks, but it'll be worth it

Halfhand on
    corio2.jpg
  • Options
    Skull2185 wrote:
    Big Isy wrote:
    Magic Pink wrote:
    Skull2185 wrote:

I would totally buy a PC and Arkham City if it could modded so that I could play as Hank Venture in a Batman mask...

Edit: Wernt people modding different skins in the AA demo?

Fill game doesn't allow it unfortunately. The demo doesn't have any issues with the mods.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    ryven wrote:

Which I think I am ok with - I don't think the BTAS skins really fit at all... it would be one thing if everything else was made to look like TAS too, but against a realistic backdrop/other characters, they just look silly.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote:
    ryven wrote:

Which I think I am ok with - I don't think the BTAS skins really fit at all... it would be one thing if everything else was made to look like TAS too, but against a realistic backdrop/other characters, they just look silly.

i dont really care for the robin one anyway, the batman one will be nice to have just for nostalgia purposes though

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Contacted GMG about the possibility of canceling the PC pre-order; I'm basically waiting until the last possible minute to determine whether I'll be getting it on console or not.

Also, have any comparisons been reported yet between the PS3 and 360 versions? I've heard mixed results on which version of AA was the better between the two. I originally read PS3, but some people are reporting 360.

As for another confirmation, has it been confirmed/denied if Scarecrow will return? I replayed the first encounter on PC last night, and his encounters are still the best moments of that game.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559795813692174392/7B6CB4D322BA49E6B630C68FEE5949BC57E1E53A/

I would love a reappearance, especially if it happened literally out of nowhere like his later ones in AA (screen of death).

I am really curious how many PC pre-orders were canceled because of the delay. I just don't think there are many PC folks left who do not have a 360 or PS3.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote:
    I'm getting Arkham City close to the release date, but now I'm considering playing it after December 6 just so I can have my pick of costumes for the singleplayer.

Who am I kidding. I'm playing it as soon as I can. NEXT WEEK!

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    I just don't think there are many PC folks left who do not have a 360 or PS3.

Proudly standing up to be counted!

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Sqee! I cannot believe this game is only a week away. I still need to replay AA before this hits. I know what I'm doing this weekend! :D

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    Renzo wrote:
    I'm getting Arkham City close to the release date, but now I'm considering playing it after December 6 just so I can have my pick of costumes for the singleplayer.

Who am I kidding. I'm playing it as soon as I can. NEXT WEEK!

I was gonna wait, but I think I'm gonna use my DKR skin for my initial playthrough.

Any potential kissy kissy/sexual tension scenes between Bats and Catwoman will be hilarious!

• Options
    ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    ryven wrote:
    is nightwing going to have different moves/equipment too?

So it appears: http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/10/11/nightwing-batman-arkham-city/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

pygsig.png
  • Options
    Man, I wish I could play the whole game as Nightwing. How much do you think I'd have to pay Rocksteady to just redo all the voice acting and give me a New Game+ as Nightwing?

• Options
    I just had a thought

You probably have to beat the game once before you can choose an alt costume. Not that this is a big deal, but most games usually do that.

• Options
    ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote:
    I just had a thought

You probably have to beat the game once before you can choose an alt costume. Not that this is a big deal, but most games usually do that.

Even if you buy the alt costumes? That would seem weird to me.

pygsig.png
  • Options
    Man, I wish I could play the whole game as Nightwing. How much do you think I'd have to pay Rocksteady to just redo all the voice acting and give me a New Game+ as Nightwing?

20$.

• Options
    Oh, I forgot!

Probably not then! :D

• Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote:

20$.

I would pay that in a heart beat.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    Magic Pink wrote:

20$.

So sold.

But ONLY if he's voiced by Neil Patrick Harris.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    As much as I want to play as nightwinf I never touched the AA challenge maps. Co op campaign or smaller seperate campaign, even as dlc would be amazing

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote:

20$.

So sold.

But ONLY if he's voiced by Loren Lester.

Fixed your typo for you.

But in truth if I could pick one returning TAS vet, it would be Bob Hastings (Gordon).

Such a huge miscast for the Commissioner in AA; it's like he took steroids in an attempt to keep up with Bats.

Oh, and while looking up those VAs in IMDB, I came across this: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1773298/

Do I even want to know? D:

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote:

20$.

So sold.

But ONLY if he's voiced by Neil Patrick Harris.

Well, that's just the money required. There will be other mandatory services needed.
    reacharounds omg

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Thankfully my last semester of school will keep me busy for the month long wait. Too bad it'll keep me busy till mid december

• Options
    I'm getting this as a last minute desperate (for the giver) birthday gift. Hate to say it but it's going ion the bottom of the rapidly expanding pile right now.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Oh fuck. Just noticed something in this trailer that could hint toward yet another villain.
    "Gotham City Olympus"... Maxie Zeus, anyone?

It could just be a random reference, and he isn't in the actual gameplay. Which would also be cool. Oh man oh man... can't wait for this.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    year one is a good movie

and wow that trailer

ryven on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote:

I like how it gave me an Arkham City ad before that video.

I think right about now is a good time to stop reading this thread until the PC version's out.

• Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    yeah the blackout is encroaching, especially as the console version is out first and they are always leaked.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Yeah, because the PC version got hosed, I may not return to the thread for awhile

This discussion has been closed.