As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BATMAN] Where Are You?!? Here. Arkham City Out Now

• Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    What's the purpose for the Riddler clues that pop up on your screen when you enter certain areas? Are you supposed to be looking for some answer to them and if so how do you do so? For example you walk in a museum and some green text pops up like "Who's the puppet and who's the puppeteer?" Am I supposed to be answering this somehow?

• Options
    george-xgeorge-x New YorkRegistered User regular
    You're supposed to find the answer in the form of props somewhere in the level, and scan it in (hold detective mode to snap picture)

roster.gif
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Anybody make this joke yet? (Museum Spoiler)
    Batman doesn't jump the shark.

He beats it down.

Seriously, how are they going to top that? That's the very pinnacle of epic manliness.

Then again, he probably earned that title years ago.

But holy shit, I'll say it again:
    BATMAN BEATS DOWN A SHARK.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    KuratosuKuratosu Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    You find the answer, and take a picture with detetive mode by holding LB (or L2 on PS3).

EDIT I was way late on that one

Kuratosu on
    Click spoiler for Backloggery, and gamer info:
    sig.gif
    Gamer Tag: LeeWay0
    PSN: Leeway0
  • Options
    V FactionV Faction Registered User regular
    Hopefully this will be in my hands tomorrow (another busy day). Until then, it's hard not reading all those spoilers

Nintendo Network ID: V-Faction | XBL: V Faction | Steam | 3DS: 3136 - 6603 - 1330
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 0046-2121-0723/White 2 Friend Code: 0519-5126-2990
    "Did ya hear the one about the mussel that wanted to purchase Valve? Seems like the bivalve had a juicy offer on the table but the company flat-out refused and decided to immediately clam up!"
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    yeah i beat the main quest without most of the side quests triggering any events beyond the first

i'm having trouble making them show up even with a map of where they are

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    yeah i beat the main quest without most of the side quests triggering any events beyond the first

i'm having trouble making them show up even with a map of where they are

I've run into this also recently.

I spent an hour tooling around ridlin' it up and I didn't even year a phone ring.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Welp I've beat every side mission except riddlers. Because riddlers is incredibly long. Some of these puzzles are amazingly devious. Quite a few of them require specific upgrades to beat. There's so many of them!
    I started out in a new game + to break it up, since it's all I had left. I also hunted down riddler guys and spent some time doing the ones you have to scan, since they unlock extra plot relevant explanations of many aspects of the city.
    For example, two face and catwoman have some history. If you find 3 specific riddles related to them, you get the whole story. This is as opposed to the mainly general character bios from the first game: in this one you details of how everything ended up where it was at the start of the game. Really fleshes out the city.
    I like some of these puzzles a lot. If I keep getting rewards, even just 3d trophies or concept art, for the entire length of this arc I'm going to be incredibly impressed.
    The actual riddler rooms require some straight up thunking hard, but also some quick situational awareness.

Out of interest, I haven't broken 70% completion yet. I don't know if new game + counts for some of that. I think challenges probably do and I haven't even touched the stealth or campaign challenges.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    BansheeBanshee Registered User regular
    Just finished the AR missions. Not so bad. Good way to learn to move about in the game. Makes getting the riddler trophies easier.

Enough distractions, onto the story!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    i was cleaning up my last missions, but the random assaults and the identity thief ones seem to have run dry. i wanted to finish them up before my NG+ but i can't seem to get more to appear. just doing riddler stuff for now i guess.

• Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Anyone else notice the random number stations when scaning for radio signals?

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    Banshee wrote:
    Just finished the AR missions. Not so bad. Good way to learn to move about in the game. Makes getting the riddler trophies easier.

Enough distractions, onto the story!

Do you get any upgrades from finish the AR stuff?

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    yeah, it spells
    I WILL RETURN BATMAN

• Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    So hey. I posted this in Graphic Violence, but I'll post it here too.
    Arkham City has made me want to buy a graphic novel or two, and I'm trying to decide between either Year One or The Dark Knight Returns.
    Gonna get The Killing Joke with one of those.
    Thoughts?

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Rizzi wrote:
    Arkham City has made me want to buy a graphic novel or two, and I'm trying to decide between either Year One or The Dark Knight Returns.
    Thoughts?

I'd definitely say DKR. Year One is a pretty good origin story, but DKR is just epic.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Year One all the way. It's almost a perfect Batman story, unless Selena Kyle being a prostitute bothers you overly much.

DKR is alright but overhyped. It is dark and strange for its own sake too much of the time, and it is not really a normal Batman book at all. It would almost be like picking up Red Son as your only Superman book. Alright bad example because Red Son fucking pwns but still.

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    i was cleaning up my last missions, but the random assaults and the identity thief ones seem to have run dry. i wanted to finish them up before my NG+ but i can't seem to get more to appear. just doing riddler stuff for now i guess.

iirc you actually CAN'T finish up identity theft until the post-game

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Wow, once you unlock a "row" of riddlers challenges you get a tape of strange interviewing one of the inmates.
    So...much....stuff....

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Big hint to next game in this one as well:
    In the small office in the Steel Mill where Harley's old costume is on a dummy, look down at the floor to the left. There's a positive pregnancy test there.

• Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    edited October 2011

iirc you actually CAN'T finish up identity theft until the post-game
    This is incorrect, I got it on my first playthrough before the credits rolled

Random assaults however are nowhere to be found and I'm sitting at 45% for them

Viking on
    steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    zellychanzellychan Registered User regular
    Having way too much fun interrogating Riddler's informants. Favorite is the face stomp technique.

I'm enjoying the side quests just as much as the main storyline. Pretty much done except for Identity Theft (can't seem to find next step) and Riddler's. Payphone killer was fun. :3 Mysterious stranger I tried found by accident once, sneaking up behind in detective mode for a silent knockout. XD

"I am the fabric of history, you are a fictional stain! I'll stick a flag up your ass and claim you for Spain!" -Christopher Columbus
  • Options
    Killing Joke and Dark Knight Returns ordered.
    Can't wait.

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    If anybody wants to get rid of a Nos Beyond code, feel free to PM me.
    Yes, I realize this is incredibly unlikely, but eh, worth a shot.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    I wouldn't hate a Batman Beyond costume either.

• Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    Feeling very unBatman right now. I'm stuck very early in the game.
    I'm tracking down Freeze. The only entrance to the building that I can see needs to lifted using the REC. However, it doesn't lift all the way. What am I supposed to do?

• Options
    I'm tracking down Freeze. The only entrance to the building that I can see needs to lifted using the REC. However, it doesn't lift all the way. What am I supposed to do?
    Can you slide under it?

• Options
    SlortexSlortex In my chairRegistered User regular

Get a running start and then crouch, and Batman should go into a slide.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    ryven wrote:
    where is crime alley, and where is azrael :(

Crime Alley is behind the Monarch Theatre, in Park Row.

Azrael first says hello on
    a rooftop overlooking the front of the courthouse. He leaves his mark there afterwards. It's one of the 2 or 3 buildings that has a perfect view of the front side of courthouse.

I found him somewhere else, assumig its him I met.
    On top of the Ferris wheel. By the steel mill.

• Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    Hell, I forgot about the slide. Having just played Arkham Asylum again, I'm having a bit of trouble with the new controls.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    So would I be alone in thinking that Catwoman is a lot more fun to traverse the environment with? I'm not crazy about dive bombing; whipping myself to a building and pouncing up it is pretty awesome though

Also, how much will I be tarred and feathered if I said I actually kinda prefer Tara Strong to Arleen Sorkin, just a little bit?

• Options
    edited October 2011
    If you like it, you like it. You aren't trying to argue that other people should like it so why would anyone reasonable have a problem?

Morninglord on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Eh, well it's a role that she originated, but at the same time, I see Quinn as a young, vibrant personality with a bit of child in her, and Strong conveys that a lot stronger than Sorkin IMO

• Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    hrmm, there are a lot of riddler trophies in the sewers and wonder city where the ceiling is breakable concrete....and no way to reach it. Is there some other point of entry to these rooms or a gadget I'm forgetting about or?

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    BebopSamuraiBebopSamurai Registered User regular
    Okay, this Riddler trophy is driving me crazy, anyone know how to get it?
    It's the one behind the church, in an alcove of the main AC wall, with an electrified floor/fuse box combo. Obviously the only way to destroy the box is with an electrified remote batarang... but where the hell is an open electric current to absorb off? I can't see anything in the surrounding area, and going too far kills the remote connection...

Gamertag: DrinksYurMlkshk
    PSN ID: suzukaGongen
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Rizzi wrote:
    Can you slide under it?

Sigh, I was stuck in this part too.

For like 30 minutes.

Eventually I had to look up a YouTube vid and almost threw my iPad across the room.

Fucking shitty goddamn mechanic I only used once.

• Options
    iMattiMatt Registered User regular
    So it looks like the code for the Batman soundtrack with the CE is a multi use code....
    I'm just saying
    you know...
    www.dropcards.com/arkhamcity
    4D7ZN4MRP7
    Enjoy!

• Options
    You can slide in to the air vents if you don't want to watch Batman pull off the covers every time.
    Or through some weak walls if you just want to bust it down.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    So would I be alone in thinking that Catwoman is a lot more fun to traverse the environment with? I'm not crazy about dive bombing; whipping myself to a building and pouncing up it is pretty awesome though

Also, how much will I be tarred and feathered if I said I actually kinda prefer Tara Strong to Arleen Sorkin, just a little bit?

Man, I don't know. I think I'm not the biggest fan because it really is a flat out imitation rather than a homage. And as such close imitation that all the tiny things that don't match up become all the more obvious.

I mean, take the batman VA's for example. While they are all similar with their voices trying to convey confidence and all that they are different voices. And while no one is as good as Kevin Conroy I an accept them reinterupting the role.

• Options
    Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    Rizzi wrote:
    Thoughts?

You should really get all three. Year One is Miller's interpretation of Batman's beginning, and DKR is his end. (well, actually DKSA is his end, but we'll just forget about that one)

This discussion has been closed.