Options

what is the hardest thing you've ever had to do

• Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    hemingway wrote stories about fishing and shooting people in wars

the most dangerous game is about the most dangerous game, and it is written by richard connell

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    so to go back to the op, with antimatter's help I've decided I am going for dd-cup breasts

this should be fun!

man

no love for the smaller breasts </3

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    so to go back to the op, with antimatter's help I've decided I am going for dd-cup breasts

this should be fun!

oh you hate your back that's cool

what is it like to actively hate your spine

Pony on
  • Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    i dig me some smaller breasts

who's with me

LaCabra on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    the most dangerous game is a really great story.

there's an old movie version of it that's pretty decent too.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Rainsford remembered the shots. They had come from the right, and doggedly he swam in that direction, swimming with slow, deliberate strokes, conserving his strength. For a seemingly endless time he fought the sea. He began to count his strokes; he could do possibly a hundred more and then--

Rainsford heard a sound. It came out of the darkness, a high screaming sound, the sound of an animal in an extremity of anguish and terror.

He did not recognize the animal that made the sound; he did not try to; with fresh vitality he swam toward the sound. He heard it again; then it was cut short by another noise, crisp, staccato.

"Pistol shot," muttered Rainsford, swimming on.

Ten minutes of determined effort brought another sound to his ears--the most welcome he had ever heard--the muttering and growling of the sea breaking on a rocky shore. He was almost on the rocks before he saw them; on a night less calm he would have been shattered against them. With his remaining strength he dragged himself from the swirling waters. Jagged crags appeared to jut up into the opaqueness; he forced himself upward, hand over hand. Gasping, his hands raw, he reached a flat place at the top. Dense jungle came down to the very edge of the cliffs. What perils that tangle of trees and underbrush might hold for him did not concern Rainsford just then. All he knew was that he was safe from his enemy, the sea, and that utter weariness was on him. He flung himself down at the jungle edge and tumbled headlong into the deepest sleep of his life.

When he opened his eyes he knew from the position of the sun that it was late in the afternoon. Sleep had given him new vigor; a sharp hunger was picking at him. He looked about him, almost cheerfully.

"Where there are pistol shots, there are men. Where there are men, there is food," he thought. But what kind of men, he wondered, in so forbidding a place? An unbroken front of snarled and ragged jungle fringed the shore.

He saw no sign of a trail through the closely knit web of weeds and trees; it was easier to go along the shore, and Rainsford floundered along by the water. Not far from where he landed, he stopped.

Some wounded thing--by the evidence, a large animal--had thrashed about in the underbrush; the jungle weeds were crushed down and the moss was lacerated; one patch of weeds was stained crimson. A small, glittering object not far away caught Rainsford's eye and he picked it up. It was an empty cartridge.

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Therapists are weird things.

I had one that was a christian mom who told me I had to believe in god to solve my problems. Bless her restraint on not openly chiding me for being gay, but my lord did her treatment of me change when that came out.

But now I have an awesome therapist who helps me plan practical steps on bettering my life and is someone I look forward to talking to.

Kinda an even keel, the benefit/damage therapy has caused.

Mine wasn't anything that belief-wise went against me or anything. He just completely betrayed my trust in the worst possible way. Set up a hypothetical situation that basically hit all the triggers of hatred I had/have for my dad, then made him even more of an asshole in this situation and asked what I would do if that happened. When the response was that I'd get a gun and either just threaten him with it or outright shoot him if I felt I had to, the therapist decided I had just admitted that I would shoot my dad if I went home that night, and called my parents and brought them into the meeting right away to tell them that, even offering to them the police services if they wanted it.

Also; appreciate it Prohass and Cosmic, though the talking about it thing is relatively easy if you get me going on it.

The hard stuff for me still is like, deciding what to do with his possessions and coming across old photos or something.

That really cheesy thing that Kinect does where it takes photos of you as you play? Yeah, I'm really glad that feature exists now.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    i know quite a few women with double-D or larger breasts

not a single one of them doesn't bitch about the back problems their rack creates

the hell's a matter with you, arivia

if you're taking hormones and stuff don't you have the option to have whatever size breasts you want?

why not get a healthy C going

Pony on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    the most dangerous game is a really great story.

The ending is so perfect.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    there should be some serious oversight and licensing when it comes to the right to call yourself a therapist or counselor

there really, really should be

but there generally isn't.

Pony on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Admitting to myself that my parents might not be the greatest people in the world was hard as fuck too. I suppose that's just part of growing up... It was much harder admitting that my surviving older brother is pretty much a womanizing douche-bag. I looked up to him for a long time, and basically realized that the worst parts of my personality are a direct result of me trying to emulate him and get his attention in my younger years.

I can easily say this is not at all a problem for me to do. Really, it's harder to find something nice to say about my father than anything else. I mean, he's not all bad, but the man is detestable, and liked by no one, and for good reason.

Even his sister had to come alone to see him when me and my sisters were visiting him, because her husband refused to be around him. And her husband is one of the nicest relatives I've ever known.

The worst parts of my personality, at least socially, can partially be attributed to me having gone into a very tight mental shell just to keep myself from going crazy when I lived under his sole custody for the entirety of middle school through high school.

I just kind of had to stop caring about anything, because he more or less trained me to hate myself for making any sort of mistake about anything; he'd scream and curse when he was mad, or just give me disappointed condescending looks over the most mundane shit.

I am pretty sure that he realized at some point that I was never going to be anything at all like the son he really wanted, and he hated me for it, either out of sheer contempt for me, or contempt for his perceived failure in raising me right, or both.

Either way, he clearly just gave up on getting anywhere at some point and just stopped trying to be helpful or useful as a father figure in any way, and just spewed hateful things at me at ever opportunity.

He actually quit coming to me for my child therapy sessions when my therapist tried to convince me that failure was the end of the world so long as I kept trying, because he interpreted this as "it is okay to fail", and just bailed.

I'm sure that he also had no interest in sticking around when it was becoming clear that I wasn't the only one who needed to change.

It took a long, long time for me to stop being so afraid of making mistakes before I could bring myself to risk doing anything without absolute certainty that I would succeed at it.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    edited December 2010
    you get what you pay for

Calamity Jane on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Pony, will you let me be your life coach?

Zonugal on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    JC, your old therapist sounds like a douchebag who shouldn't be trusted with a goldfish

But I'm sure you knew that already

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    breasts of all sizes are fucking awesome.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Zonugal wrote: »

oh man

my uncle tried to convince me to get a life coach when i was down on my luck some years back

my uncle is the worst kind of sap who buys into every fad diet and self-help craze and everything

the dude just has clinical depression and should probably just take some meds for it

but he's like NO I CAN DO THIS POSITIVE THINKIN

Pony on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »

oh man

my uncle tried to convince me to get a life coach when i was down on my luck some years back

my uncle is the worst kind of sap who buys into every fad diet and self-help craze and everything

the dude just has clinical depression and should probably just take some meds for it

but he's like NO I CAN DO THIS POSITIVE THINKIN

You aren't saying no...

Zonugal on
  • Options
    JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Edcrab wrote: »
    JC, your old therapist sounds like a douchebag who shouldn't be trusted with a goldfish

Yeah - I realized that immediately and even though my parents were SO relieved to find out how much of a ticking timebomb I was, I kept calling and canceling the appointments that they would set up.

It took quite a few years before I could even suggest to somebody else that therapy might be a thing to look into if they were having troubles.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

this should be fun!

my back is pretty strong!

and I am also fairly tall so I have the support for them

smaller breasts are cool but I feel that that is the right size for me personally

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I hate huge breasts.

Zonugal on
  • Options
    DeicistDeicist Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Maintaining my 'never hit a girl' rule when my ex punched me in the face for refusing to take her back after she dumped me to sleep with someone else was pretty difficult. As was walking away from her while she screamed obscenitites and promised me I'd never see our daughter again.

Fun times.

Deicist on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

this should be fun!

smaller breasts are cool but I feel that that is the right size for me personally

hey i have no idea what your body proportions are like so maybe you are right

i am just saying not a single woman i know with larger than D breasts who has talked about the subject has ever had anything positive to say about it

but i reserve the right if you bitch about back problems down the road to mercilessly pull out the caruso puns

maybe you shouldn't have

8-)

inflated your expectations

Pony on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

this should be fun!

hey i have no idea what your body proportions are like so maybe you are right

i am just saying not a single woman i know with larger than D breasts who has talked about the subject has ever had anything positive to say about it

but i reserve the right if you bitch about back problems down the road to mercilessly pull out the caruso puns

maybe you shouldn't have

8-)

inflated your expectations

guess this was

8-)

a back-breaking revelation

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Tallus wrote: »
    Maintaining my 'never hit a girl' rule when my ex punched me in the face for refusing to take her back after she dumped me to sleep with someone else was pretty difficult. As was walking away from her while she screamed obscenitites and promised me I'd never see our daughter again.

Fun times.

whoa hey a dude that walked away from domestic abuse instead of sticking it out

stronger man than i up in here

Pony on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    haha that is terrible

but okay

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    punch women back

punch kids back

never stop beating children

Calamity Jane on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    i am the fucking worst for being a smug cock about being all "I told you so!" when i really did

it is a character flaw

Pony on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    also one nice thing about larger boobs?

attention

despite the shades of ugh transphobic violence I cannot wait to get catcalled

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    take a pipe wrench to a child

shatter his hand and make him watch

burn he stuffed animals

Calamity Jane on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    punch women back

punch kids back

is this a post or a track listing

Pony on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    punch women back

punch kids back

is this a post or a track listing

anjin-san is seth putnam and we are all on his love picnic

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010

attention

okay see i have a friend who is also mtf trans and i don't get you people with this

cisgender women find catcalling enormously obnoxious

but she sent me a message on msn the first time it happened and was like "A BUNCH OF GUYS CATCALLED AT ME IT FELT SO GOOD"

i was like

your ego is a strange animal

Pony on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    JC of DI wrote: »
    Edcrab wrote: »

Yeah - I realized that immediately and even though my parents were SO relieved to find out how much of a ticking timebomb I was, I kept calling and canceling the appointments that they would set up.

It took quite a few years before I could even suggest to somebody else that therapy might be a thing to look into if they were having troubles.

Mine decided that I was depressed. No, wait, I had narcissistic personality disorder. Wait, no, I was schizophrenic.

Later he crashed and burned when it came to light that he'd been sleeping with his patients

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    i punched a girl once. she was like 14, and i was like 8, and she pushed me down and tried to take my big red gameboy, so i punched that big whore right in her nose. and when her dad came over to my house to talk to my dad about it and the truth came out, she got in trouble for starting a fight with a boy and lying about it!

sweet, sweet justice.

big giant black girl named desiree. her younger brother was a prick too.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Coming to terms with my always-on anxiety that fuels my depression and indirectly my problems with alcohol abuse was something...

When my coworkers and friends ask me why I enjoy blacking out from alcohol I tend to just look at them and respond, "Because it lets me not be in control."

A large amount of them can't get that...

Zonugal on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I dig that, Zonugal.

Sometimes a guy just wants to hit cruise control and not give a shit.

It's just really really a bad idea to make a habit out of it.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    edited December 2010
    my psychiatrist is a good guy but he basically exists to ask me how my medication is going and adjust it accordingly

largely because my psychological diagnoses are sorta tricky to do anything about

i'm bipolar, for one thing

and for another I have something he only describes as "Personality Disorder (Not Otherwise Specified)"

that's the official diagnosis

what it translates to is "you are an asshole to the extent that it is a medical condition but you aren't really a sociopath or a narcissist the current DSM doesn't cover this but you are certainly not right"

Pony on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

attention

okay see i have a friend who is also mtf trans and i don't get you people with this

cisgender women find catcalling enormously obnoxious

but she sent me a message on msn the first time it happened and was like "A BUNCH OF GUYS CATCALLED AT ME IT FELT SO GOOD"

i was like

your ego is a strange animal

well a) it affirms we're passing

b) it feels really good to be sexually appreciated as who we are

c) we haven't been exposed to a lifetime of being objectified so we don't see the downside yet

for me also

d) i'm a perv

e) who gets off on the feminist applications of it

and f) also screwing with people

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I bitchslapped a girl across the face when I was 16

In my defense, she was being kind of a bitch

LaCabra on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Thanks Goatmon.

But I wouldn't exactly say it is to not give a shit but to silence the thousands of questions/perspectives/inquiries about everything happening around me constantly.

Zonugal on