Options

what is the hardest thing you've ever had to do

• Options
    trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    This thread did not come as a shock to me, I always thought his name implied it.

Oh, force-feeding a patient.

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

• Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    congratulations to all ya'll

LaCabra on
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    How does one even discover that about themselves? What is the basis of comparison by which one might determine that their gender identity is wrong?

I'm probably not the best person to answer this, but I dated a trans woman for a couple months and I asked her to explain it

she told me to imagine that as I went through puberty, that I started growing breasts and gaining an hourglass figure, and everybody is there looking at you getting it

that's how she felt, except the other way around

YaYa on
  • Options
    SovSov Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Fiz wrote: »
    One thing I hated was when my dog died. I came home from class one day and couldn't find him anywhere in the house or yard, then discovered his body at the bottom of the pool. He had been having some health troubles lately, and must have fallen in and been unable to get himself back out. I had to be the one to go in and retrieve the body so we could take it to a place where they could dispose of it properly. That entire afternoon was one of the most miserable days of my life.

My sincere sympathies. A couple years back around this time of year, I had to make the decision to put one of our cats down because he had lymphoma. Had to happen three days after Christmas and the same day as my wife's birthday. Little guy died in my arms.
    All previous joking aside, that's easily one of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make.

Sov on
    EVE - "tehtyrael", member of Merch
    TF2 - Currently "Sugarloaf Mountain Massacre", usually "Lieutenant Sov"

Per aspera ad astra
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    How does one even discover that about themselves? What is the basis of comparison by which one might determine that their gender identity is wrong?

I don't personally know but it doesn't seem like the kind of thing you can explain in the space of an Internet Forum Post

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    All the non trannies answering the tranny questions

Some of my best friends etc

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Andrew RyanAndrew Ryan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

I don't personally know but it doesn't seem like the kind of thing you can explain in the space of an Internet Forum Post

But where else will I have the opportunity to ask?

Andrew Ryan on
    Mbt2W.gifbLHcF.gifMbt2W.gifbLHcF.gif
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Options
    MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

But you can try damnit! You can try!

And really, that's what matters.

MereHappenstance on
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited December 2010

yeah i've been through enough tonight someone else explain it

Whippy on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2010
    To be completely honest, there is a pretty small handful of people here whom I could probably correctly identify as gay, straight, bi, transsexual, transvestite, or transgendered. And I wouldn't be absolutely 100% sure either. It's not something I really concern myself with all that much.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I always thought it was just like you are a female in a man's body kind of feeling.

trentsteel on

• Options
    edited December 2010
    Your mom is pretty cool, Whippy.

trentsteel on

• Options
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, I guess she is.

Whippy on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I'm going to bed

I've had a long day

Whippy on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Good night, starscream

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Duke PhillipsDuke Phillips Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Jeez I was originally going to say the summer I spent traveling around the US with this marching band-esque group and actually relying on myself to budget my time/effort/money (sort of) completely on my own.

Now thinking though, it'd probably be at my father's mother's funeral. I was there and I was of course sad and everything but my parents had an experience they told me about the night she died where they said some light came up from her as she passed away and then drifted upwards through the wall/ceiling. It was a really comforting story that they didn't tell each other until the next day so they each had experienced it but what really got me was when my mother's parents got to the funeral.

I just looked over at them and that's probably when I really noticed and thought about the fact that they actually are getting old and frail and might not be around all that long and then I just broke down. Then it got "worse" when my grandma came up to me and started telling me that everything's going to be ok and she was in a better place. I loved my dad's mom and although I wasn't super close to her I felt like she would be ok with God and everything but I could never interrupt my grandma to tell her and my grandpa that the reason I was crying so much was because I was so worried about them.

It was just a mix of feeling sad that I know they won't be around a lot longer and them comforting me at my other grandma's funeral when I was mainly worried about them and it was sort of a scene in front of my dad's side of the family. That was a rough one.

With that aside, grats to Whippy! That's awesome!

Duke Phillips on
    PSN/Origin: Grizz359
    Steam: Grizz
    3DS: 4038-6012-7259
    T4CT wrote: »
    everyone deserves space vaginas for christmas
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The Geek wrote: »
    To be completely honest, there is a pretty small handful of people here whom I could probably correctly identify as gay, straight, bi, transsexual, transvestite, or transgendered. And I wouldn't be absolutely 100% sure either. It's not something I really concern myself with all that much.

yeah no me either, I sort of glaze over the details of gender, location and real names and just tend to be like, damn, that was a good post. Or, shit that is a cool av

I am fortunate that I haven't had to go through any tough times in my life yet. I have been putting them off like a procrastinator. Maybe one day I will get away to doing the hard things.

Nnnah.

edit: wait no, probably dealing with my mother. Yeah. Going through that, before I moved out, was fucking rough. Even being back for the holidays I need to be alone for a bit because I can't handle them

Kochikens on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    Whippy I am proud of you

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    because I just came out to my mother that I'm a tranny

Eggcellent

Butler on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh yeah, also, way to go dude. I'm sure that was hella tough.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    thedude_frombaywatchthedude_frombaywatch Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Not gay but I'd be lying if I denied wanting to have the excuse to be friendly in that way with guys. I just hate how guys have to act mean and manish all the time you know?

thedude_frombaywatch on
    xbl tag: Dynamis King
    MineCraft: Menetherin
    Steam: Vloeza_SE++

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Whippy this is the kind of thing where I can give out a general congrats even though we've never even spoke once before

Also I have found the hardest thing I've ever had to do

Wait for the new lonely island album

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Also yeah sometimes I wanna make kissy times with dudes but whatever, I'm a teenager my body is like on sexual steroids.

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Jeez I was originally going to say the summer I spent traveling around the US with this marching band-esque group and actually relying on myself to budget my time/effort/money (sort of) completely on my own.

Now thinking though, it'd probably be at my father's mother's funeral. I was there and I was of course sad and everything but my parents had an experience they told me about the night she died where they said some light came up from her as she passed away and then drifted upwards through the wall/ceiling. It was a really comforting story that they didn't tell each other until the next day so they each had experienced it but what really got me was when my mother's parents got to the funeral.

I just looked over at them and that's probably when I really noticed and thought about the fact that they actually are getting old and frail and might not be around all that long and then I just broke down. Then it got "worse" when my grandma came up to me and started telling me that everything's going to be ok and she was in a better place. I loved my dad's mom and although I wasn't super close to her I felt like she would be ok with God and everything but I could never interrupt my grandma to tell her and my grandpa that the reason I was crying so much was because I was so worried about them.

It was just a mix of feeling sad that I know they won't be around a lot longer and them comforting me at my other grandma's funeral when I was mainly worried about them and it was sort of a scene in front of my dad's side of the family. That was a rough one.

With that aside, grats to Whippy! That's awesome!

this is roughly similar to an experience I had lately!

except it was just me in my room thinkin' 'bout things and even though my parents aren't like ancient, they are getting up in years and I started to realize that one day they just won't be there

and i kind of lost it a bit

it is a rough thought

Vann Diras on
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I suppose the hardest thing for me was just getting out of bed every day and trying to function like a human being, in the month or so leading up to my nervous breakdown back in '07.

Butler on
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Being a pallbearer for my best friend when we were 15.

I'd say something about personal change/growing up/learning to accept it/being a better person/whatever because of it, but obviously it wouldn't be true.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    why are people talking about me in this thread
    who cares what i did when i was 18 that was almost 4 years ago

the hardest thing i ever had to do in my life was nothing. my life is easy and i am constantly afflicted with malaise

ha ha, no, not really, but i don't really want to go posting on the internet about what the hardest thing i ever had to do was. it was intensely personal and is the reason i can barely talk to my mother.

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    grats whipster

for me um
    I've had a pretty easy life

can't really think of anything that doesn't just sound silly

L|ama on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I had to sit down with a substance abuse counselor this past year concerning my bosses fear that I may have growing signs of alcoholism.

That was a fun meeting.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm 17 there is nothing difficult about my life.

:^:

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    also congratulations whippy!

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Congrats whip! I know plenty of openly gay people, don't think I've met an open transexual yet though.

Um, the hardest thing in my life? Recovering from annorexia about two years back (dudes get it too). Admitted to hospital and found out my heartbeat was around 30bpm. I thought it was a good thing at the time, if that's any indicator of how messed up my head was.

Flay on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    my dad knows about my sexual orientation, because he caught me flirtin' with an old boyfriend and then confronted me about it

buuut he was pretty cool about it. he went through a brief period of feeling sorta hurt and betrayed that when i was going through shit about it in high school i never told him or came to him for advice or anything. he took it basically as an insult that i thought he was a homophobe or something

he got over it though

my brothers don't know, although i'm sure one of my brothers does know and just never talks about it to maintain plausible deniability in case it comes up with my mom

because my mom doesn't know and can't know, because she'd not take it well and lose massive respect for me and basically it would be awful

totally sucks

Pony on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm sometimes tempted to fake-come out just to see what peoples' reactions would be, but I am also aware that is a terrible terrible idea

L|ama on
  • Options
    MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Zonugal wrote: »
    I had to sit down with a substance abuse counselor this past year concerning my bosses fear that I may have growing signs of alcoholism.

That was a fun meeting.

They had nothing to worry about.

MereHappenstance on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    on the upside

since i am engaged to a woman, i pretty much will never be in a position of absolutely needing to inform those around me about my sexual orientation

i can allow people to simply assume i'm heterosexual

which is sorta infuriating and i wish didn't make my life so much easier

but it does

so :?

Pony on
  • Options
    UlisesUlises Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    i'm never telling my mum and dad i'm bisexual unless i have a long term male partner

same deal with a lot of friends

they'd all be just about fine with it, especially over time, but it's not something i'd do at this point

Ulises on
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    One time I tried my hardest to stop being awesome. Didn't work.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Zonugal wrote: »

That was a fun meeting.

They had nothing to worry about.

The best part was explaining to the counselor what an Incredible Hulk was and her reaction of despair & revolution that I would drink them with such vigor.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Ulises wrote: »
    i'm never telling my mum and dad i'm bisexual unless i have a long term male partner

same deal with a lot of friends

they'd all be just about fine with it, especially over time, but it's not something i'd do at this point

yeah

it's sorta needless

why have that confrontation and stupidity until you absolutely need to

and since i am in a monogamous, long-term relationship with a woman, that "need to" point is basically never?

so that works out, i guess

in the sense that i will have to begrudgingly tolerate my mother's open monosexism for the rest of my life whenever the topic comes up

Pony on