As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Everybody post in the new [STEAM] thread.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So Neverwinter Nights 2 is pretty good, eh?

Or

What else should I get instead for $10

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • DekuStickDekuStick Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Mafia 2 is showing up in the bottom right corner. The actual game on sale is Medal of Honor.

DekuStick on
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Haha.

My thought process just now was

(as I'm idly clicking to the page)
    I really shouldn't [purchase Blood Money]

(as I notice the prices)
    Oh, I guess I should...

Tamin on
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    everyone buy Killing Floor

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    mcdermott wrote: »
    Roshin wrote: »
    Sale is "gone" here. The sale prices seem to still be in place, but I only get the regular front page. Shortest recap day I can remember... :)

FLASH SALE 20 MINUTES ONLY!!1!

Seriously, though, if Steam ever started doing that I'd probably lose my job.

Didn't they do some slightly longer variation of that with a Rockstar sale?

Like, they'd put a GTA game on sale for 75% off, but only for an hour, at 7AM.

Lawndart on
  • ColorlessGreenColorlessGreen Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Grotesque Tactics is kinda worth it if you really like final fantasy tactics or disgaea or something. As far as I've gotten in the game (which I kinda think is most of the way through it) it's like those except without all the customization (which is why I have like 5 hours of GT played as opposed to the hundreds I have sunk into disgaea and FFT).

It's a rather quirky game, and has its amusing moments. If you like the genre it's worth a few bucks, if not I'd probably skip it.

edit: on that note, if anyone can recommend a FFT/disgaea style game that isn't grotesque tactics and runs on the PC, I'd love to know about it.

ColorlessGreen on
    Hearthstone (NA, EU, Asia): Ceegee#1473 - spectators welcome.
  • AdditionalPylonsAdditionalPylons Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    DekuStick wrote: »
    Mafia 2 is showing up in the bottom right corner. The actual game on sale is Medal of Honor.

I guess medal of honor is not selling well so they have to disguise it

AdditionalPylons on
  • Red TrousersRed Trousers Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So with Killing Floor, do I just need the game or should I get the bundle as well (and I know its only £1 difference but with sale that could be 2 games)

Red Trousers on
    steam_sig.png
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Catalase wrote: »
    I'm pretty disappointed in the sale today.

Was hoping for a second chance to get Crysis, or Bioshock 2. :(

Amazon still has Bioshock 2 for $5 through their digital download service...

Ketar on
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So with Killing Floor, do I just need the game or should I get the bundle as well (and I know its only £1 difference but with sale that could be 2 games)
    It's just some more skins. Not worth it.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    everyone buy Killing Floor

edit: I bought the KF skin packs and I don't regret it. They are some really fun skins and I didn't mind throwing a couple of extra buck in for the whole package. They make and sell the character packs so they can continue working on the game. I'd like to see more stuff like this Holiday Event they've been running so I'll probably buy more if they make them.

But yeah, if you're completely skint, then you may as well save a few bucks.

Bottom line? Get the goddamn game.

Drake on
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    And wasn't the discount on Medal Of Honor 50% last time?

Lawndart on
  • CheesecakeRecipeCheesecakeRecipe "Should not be allowed to post in the Steam Thread" - Isorn Squalor Victoria, Squalor Victoria!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

The character skins don't do anything other than just give you a different appearance. That said, the skins are pretty funny and help break things up with how intense the game gets and also helps fund tripwire's development of the game.

CheesecakeRecipe on
    edited January 2011
    Thanks, will add it to my final day purchases

Hmm, thought I'd be buying more on the final day but looks like it'll just be the Indie Fright Pack and Killing Floor so I may as well get the bundle

Red Trousers on
    steam_sig.png
  • An-DAn-D Enthusiast AshevilleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I've heard good things about STALKER, but I'm super bad at horror games. I get way too into it. When I went through FEAR, I think the game felt bad for me and stopped making random shadows and shit because I would flip out at EVERYTHING. Someone convince me!

I'm mad that I bought NWN yesterday. Lost 7 dollars. :( But still excited about it. I love the NWN series.

And I, too, want to hear about Grotesque Tactics.

An-D on
  • HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    anoffday wrote: »
    Woa woa woa. Where have I been?

Half Life SOURCE? Wtf? They re-did it? And it's on sale?

edit: And it came out 6 years ago?!

Its not what you think. It just has nicer water and ragdoll dead bodies. Everything else looks the same.
    Oh ok. Whatever happened to that Black Mesa mod that was suppose to come out too? This reminded me of that.

If I already own HL1 is source worth the 2.50?

I find myself going back to normal HL1. I think its because that game had "dead" bodies but in Source the bodies die every which way and sometimes without gibbing so I wouldn't know if they were dead. Especially headcrabs. Plus I think the HD pack only works with old HL1.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Woa woa woa. Where have I been?

Half Life SOURCE? Wtf? They re-did it? And it's on sale?

edit: And it came out 6 years ago?!

Its not what you think. It just has nicer water and ragdoll dead bodies. Everything else looks the same.
    Oh ok. Whatever happened to that Black Mesa mod that was suppose to come out too? This reminded me of that.

If I already own HL1 is source worth the 2.50?

I find myself going back to normal HL1. I think its because that game had "dead" bodies but in Source the bodies die every which way and sometimes without gibbing so I wouldn't know if they were dead. Especially headcrabs. Plus I think the HD pack only works with old HL1.

Half-Life Source also makes the crossbow less useful, and makes some of the jumping puzzles harder, because physics.

elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Killing floor. Again. Cock. I managed to hold off of it before. And Mafia 2. D:

Big Classy on
    edited January 2011
    That reminds me, I was trying to play Blue Shift (shuddup, I like it :( ) the other day, and the scientists on the first elevator just gib themselves and I get blamed for it. Can't actually make progress in the game.

Tamin on
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

Or

You guys aren't helping me spend money

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    An-D wrote: »
    I've heard good things about STALKER, but I'm super bad at horror games. I get way too into it. When I went through FEAR, I think the game felt bad for me and stopped making random shadows and shit because I would flip out at EVERYTHING. Someone convince me!

I'm mad that I bought NWN yesterday. Lost 7 dollars. :( But still excited about it. I love the NWN series.

In the world of STALKER you are nothing special, every encounter with bandits could be your last, you die just as fast as they do.

Near invisible anomalies litter the world, horribly butchering anyone foolish and unlucky enough to stumble upon them.

Wild packs of dogs roam the world looking for their next meal, which could be you.

Horrible mutants stalk the night and abandoned buildings, and really don't like you trespassing into their hive.

Men with their brains barbecued wander the waste, shooting at anything that approaches.

Your gun will jam at the worst time, you'll be low on supplies when you really need it and emissions will begin when you're miles away from shelter.

SkutSkut on
  • cpugeek13cpugeek13 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    My damage from this sale:

Mass Effect 2
    Batman: AA
    Greed Corp
    SupComm2 dlc
    F.E.A.R.
    Amnesia
    Lara Croft
    P.B. Winterbottom
    Serious Sam HD Gold
    The Witcher

Anything else for under $5 that would be a good last minute addition? (besides Killing Floor)

cpugeek13 on
  • CheesecakeRecipeCheesecakeRecipe "Should not be allowed to post in the Steam Thread" - Isorn Squalor Victoria, Squalor Victoria!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Stalker or Amnesia, YOUR CHOICE.

STALKER is hands down one of the hardest FPS experiences I think i've put myself through so far. The Zone is not for babymen, it is for Zangiefs who bathe in Vodka. SoC is glitchy but can be patched up with some mods, I hear CoP is way better in the bug and system regard. You'll end up fighting to maintain a weight limit and item condition like an RPG, and you're weak as hell from the getgo. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that if you don't enjoy the thought of being completely tense as there's almost no safe zones for you in STALKER then it might not be for you.

But you should totally buy it anyways.

CheesecakeRecipe on
  • An-DAn-D Enthusiast AshevilleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    SkutSkut wrote: »

In the world of STALKER you are nothing special, every encounter with bandits could be your last, you die just as fast as they do.

Near invisible anomalies litter the world, horribly butchering anyone foolish and unlucky enough to stumble upon them.

Wild packs of dogs roam the world looking for their next meal, which could be you.

Horrible mutants stalk the night and abandoned buildings, and really don't like you trespassing into their hive.

Men with their brains barbecued wander the waste, shooting at anything that approaches.

Your gun will jam at the worst time, you'll be low on supplies when you really need it and emissions will begin when you're miles away from shelter.

D:D:D:D:D:!!!!

Gah, I love (and hate) being terrified in games! I'm going to sleep on it. Maybe jump in if someone does a contest. It'll definitely be one of those things I can only play during the day.

An-D on
  • Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So last day of sales, bought the Stronghold Collection.

Looks like I managed to escape without breaking my bank account, for now.

I'm glad to see that people are buying Killing Floor!

Joe Camacho MKII on
    steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The STALKER games have provided, hands down, my favorite single player FPS experiences ever. The Zone is a wonderful place and it wants to kill you. Probably with a pack of mutant dogs.

Drake on
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Grotesque Tactics is kinda worth it if you really like final fantasy tactics or disgaea or something. As far as I've gotten in the game (which I kinda think is most of the way through it) it's like those except without all the customization (which is why I have like 5 hours of GT played as opposed to the hundreds I have sunk into disgaea and FFT).

It's a rather quirky game, and has its amusing moments. If you like the genre it's worth a few bucks, if not I'd probably skip it.

edit: on that note, if anyone can recommend a FFT/disgaea style game that isn't grotesque tactics and runs on the PC, I'd love to know about it.

Gimme gimme gimme

RoyceSraphim on
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So does no one have any thoughts on Grotesque Tactics? It's been asked several times, and it was when it went on sale before too; but it doesn't seem like anyone has tried it.

It looks pretty decent but there's no demo and could be balls for all I know.

I guess what it comes down to for me is, when I play it, will I just think "man I should just load up FFT"? Or is it good on its own merits. Because the price sure is hard to beat.

EDIT: Figures, I decide to finally maek post and someone answers it :P

Sounds like I can pass it. Tactics without any customization = O_o

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I found a group of bandits and took them all out by tossing grenades in their lair when an emission was hitting, got one of those 12 shot shotties. It has served me well so far.

Also killed a group of mercs and took this guys scoped silenced M4A1 or w/e it is.

SkutSkut on
    edited January 2011
    Someone is downloading it right now. Patience.

Tamin on
  • PodunkPodunk Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    My goal was to spend less than $100 this sale. Just tallied it up, and came in at $99.95. 8-)

Podunk on
    camo_sig2.png
  • BertezBertezBertezBertez Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    If you are looking for good non-daily deals now you should really check out Bloody Good Time. It is an excellent spiritual successor to The Ship that really needs more people.

BertezBertez on
    ...but I would say that

steam_sig.png
    edited January 2011

Or

You guys aren't helping me spend money

Get NWN2

elliotw2 on
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    D:D:D:D:D:!!!!

Gah, I love (and hate) being terrified in games! I'm going to sleep on it. Maybe jump in if someone does a contest. It'll definitely be one of those things I can only play during the day.

STALKER is less about terror than it is about being on edge and looking over your shoulder all the time.

Gaslight on
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    My sister in law is making me desire a bollywood game or at least a damn good indian game to be released on steam.

I also can't wait for my father to get here with this week's shipment and bring me my new pc. I think it can run crysis.

RoyceSraphim on
  • mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Man... STALKER sounds pretty sweet. But... I've already spent too much money lately

I have to resist

I can't give in

what have you done to me, Steam

mntorankusu on
    edited January 2011
    Podunk wrote: »
    My goal was to spend less than $100 this sale. Just tallied it up, and came in at $99.95. 8-)

I had a similar goal but £100 instead of $100

Just added up

Games for myself - £110
    Gifts to others - £50

Oops.

Red Trousers on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2011
    buyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyit

elliotw2 on
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    As if it wasn't enough that Fishman brings regular doses of great joy to all (except the damned dirty Sectoid scum), he had to go and give me a gift as well. Thanks for NWN2, Director!

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Death_ClawDeath_Claw Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So my damage for 1 week (since I started at the 26th) was:

Plants vs Zombies
    Europa Universalis 3
    Company of Heroes Gold
    Half Life Complete Pack
    Stalker Pack
    Indie Future Pack
    Indie Mix Pack

Since I also got the Humble Bundle Deal when it was up my list of games on steam went from 3 to 36 games in one week...

I also second the request for recommendations of good deals for less than US5 or maybe even something great for under US10.

Death_Claw on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.