As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A Little Night [chat]

1555657585961»

• Options
    Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Sometimes I wish I had taken a relevant degree so that I could do interesting research that is also maybe useful to the world

I think English literature and similar criticism is a great thing to learn to improve oneself and deepen one's cultural understanding but goddamn is it ever deep inside the ivory tower

This is part of why I stopped making art after college.

The exact same people came to every opening, and I had little interest in preaching to a choir, as it were.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    That's my problem with non sciences. It's a bunch of sycophants giving each other intellectual handjobs about white guilt, or post modernism, or feminism, in literature/art/music. It doesn't really save the world.

And I'm not smart enough for science.

Hooray for being useless!!!!

Ludious on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ludious wrote: »
    That's my problem with non sciences. It's a bunch of sycophants giving each other intellectual handjobs about white guilt, or post modernism, or feminism, in literature/art/music. It doesn't really save the world.

Looks like you're not smart enough for the arts either

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Morning [chat]

How it goes?

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    evilbob wrote: »
    bastila is pretty terrible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiO5QkxoFcw

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I watched season one of Hyperdrive on Netflix last night...

man the brits have it right when it comes to TV... Make a lot of really good shows, make them half an hour long, give them six episode seasons and limit it to about three seasons max so that they go out with a bang and on top. (and hopefully get to wrap things up, but not always, sadly...)

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    Ludious wrote: »

Looks like you're not smart enough for the arts either

Hahahhaha nice

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    http://www.vibe.com/posts/raz-bs-brother-sends-chris-brown-death-threats-ima-put-my-motherfking-pistol-your-mouth?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter wait this video is too funny because of the ad going on in the background, hahaha you cant take him seriously

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hahahaha oh man
    Slate wrote:
    Ms. Mendoza played Arachne, a spider villainess who has a major role in Peter Parker’s becoming Spider-Man and who becomes obsessed with the super-hero. Arachne is a signature creation of the show’s director, Julie Taymor, who said in an interview last month that she conceived of the character several years ago after having a dream about the transformation of a normal teenage boy into a powerful super-human. Much of the Act II story revolves around Arachne, and Ms. Taymor had collaborated closely with Ms. Mendoza on developing a distinctive look and manner for the character. Arachne delivers the musical’s title number and sings on five other songs, including an Act I turning point, “Rise Above,” and the finale, “Love Me or Kill Me.”

This thing keeps getting worse and worse

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    What I don't get about any arts subjects I've had to take is why the fuck do I need to drag stuff out so much? Why say in five pages what I can say more concisely in two? Honours English in school is the main reason I chose not to do arts in university.

Tav on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hey [chat].

How goes it?

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    Hey [chat].

How goes it?

everyone is getting cold served this morning

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    you might be next, VH

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Tav wrote: »
    What I don't get about any arts subjects I've had to take is why the fuck do I need to drag stuff out so much? Why say in five pages what I can say more concisely in two? Honours English in school is the main reason I chose not to do arts in university.

Generally if you're dragging something out, it means you are missing something or you aren't examining it closely enough

this is true of essay writing in general, but lit essays in particular

it is possible to write an essay about anything whatsoever, without filler, in five pages. In fact it is much harder to successfully make a point and provide sufficient evidence and reasoning in five pages than it is to do so in ten or twenty.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    Evil Multifarious, render unto us a chat.

Jacobkosh on
This discussion has been closed.