As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Limnic eruption [chat]

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    *googles*

Huh, the iphone apparently really doesn't let you text from an alphanumeric keypad. Weird.

japan on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Huh.

Girl I knew in college who moved to Seattle a year or two before I did is online in gmail.

Hmmmmmm.....

Then again last time we hung out I ended up feeling incredibly awkward because everyone else in the room was taking bong hits....

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Res wrote: »
    Goddamnit my retarded niece is talking to me on Facebook

Go away

Or be less retarded

Propriety demands that I not be an asshole to you

arghhhwargarbl

Solution: Don't add people to your Facebook you don't want to interact with. And if they get huffy? Tell them in the most condescending tone you can muster "Calm down, it's Facebook, stop being ridiculous."

I know, I'm a genius. You're welcome.

I have no idea what makes you think someone shouldn't be offended

Lemme just stop you right here.

It's Facebook. I didn't say never talk to her again. I said don't friend people on Facebook you don't want on your Facebook. That is not the same thing as cutting all ties with someone.

So I guess now I'm going to say this to you- Calm down, it's Facebook, stop being ridiculous.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    People will still be ridiculous despite that statement.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    japan wrote: »
    epicfaill.jpg

ahahahahaha

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    syndalis wrote: »
    Ghana is many things, but it is rarely funny.

Oh, I think you'd be surprised

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    *googles*

Huh, the iphone apparently really doesn't let you text from an alphanumeric keypad. Weird.

Well its more that there isn't a keypad, when you go to text it just pulls up an onscreen mini qwerty.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    *googles*

noooo why would it?

Also the silliest thing is that Ps3 onscreen keyboard where it uses t9 when there's already a full qwerty virtual keyboard

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    People will still be ridiculous despite that statement.

YOU'RE SUCH A JUCAR YOU JUCAR!

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Anyone playing Game Dev Story on the iPhone?

It's fun, but it's insane...

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Man you'd have to mispell really badly to get slaves from plates, that site is about as real as adult friend finder ads.

I dunno dude I've seen someone that I know pop up on one. The kind that's "Hook up with Girls from McComb" and Bam, there's her picture.

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Go away

Or be less retarded

arghhhwargarbl

Solution: Don't add people to your Facebook you don't want to interact with. And if they get huffy? Tell them in the most condescending tone you can muster "Calm down, it's Facebook, stop being ridiculous."

It's Facebook. I didn't say never talk to her again. I said don't friend people on Facebook you don't want on your Facebook. That is not the same thing as cutting all ties with someone.

So I guess now I'm going to say this to you- Calm down, it's Facebook, stop being ridiculous.

I think, uh

Maybe you're just, uh

Perhaps you don't, uh

Fuck it

asperger-king.gif

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    *googles*

Well its more that there isn't a keypad, when you go to text it just pulls up an onscreen mini qwerty.

My phone (which is also keypad-less) has the option for full screen qwerty, mini qwerty, and alphanumeric. I just assumed other phones would be similar. I wouldn't want to try one handed texting while walking around with the qwerty, personally.

japan on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Go away

Or be less retarded

arghhhwargarbl

I dunno mate. I have someone on Facebook who is alwaaaays IMing me. And I have nothing to talk about with him. And I don't WANT to talk to him. It's really annoying. But you can't block someone on FB chat without defriending them, and that only works on people who a) never notice your facebook and b) have enough security to deal with it. And this person does not. I blocked him on AIM a while back because I was tired of him, and he switched to FB to pester me, dripping with the frantic OH GOD YOU HATE ME DON'T YOU shit that I cannot fucking deal with. No motherfucker, we just don't have anything to talk about! LEAVE ME ALONE

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Anyone playing Game Dev Story on the iPhone?

It's fun, but it's insane...

it is fun!

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    japan do you have a droid

they're pretty cool

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Hakkekage wrote: »

Go away

Or be less retarded

arghhhwargarbl

I dunno mate. I have someone on Facebook who is alwaaaays IMing me. And I have nothing to talk about with him. And I don't WANT to talk to him. It's really annoying. But you can't block someone on FB chat without defriending them, and that only works on people who a) never notice your facebook and b) have enough security to deal with it. And this person does not. I blocked him on AIM a while back because I was tired of him, and he switched to FB to pester me, dripping with the frantic OH GOD YOU HATE ME DON'T YOU shit that I cannot fucking deal with. No motherfucker, we just don't have anything to talk about! LEAVE ME ALONE

fine hakkes I'LL LEAVE YOU ALONE

IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT

ME TO BE GONE

FOREVER

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited December 2010
    People need to grow the balls to just defriend somebody they don't like.

Also, they need the foresight to have two profiles, one that is public facing and family/work friendly, and one that is your seedy underbelly, that requires your total friendship to see ANYTHING.

And you NEVER cross polinate between the two groups. Don't even let people know you have two profiles.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    SO THAT'S WHY YOU BLOCKED ME

YOU JERRRRK

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Just one-handed texted Mori, japan. Works just fiiiine.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Eddy wrote: »
    japan do you have a droid

they're pretty cool

I do not. I have a Nokia 5800.

EDIT: It seems like you'd have to be looking at the phone, though, Rivs. Either that or I just don't have the dexterity to accurately hit a mini-qwerty touch screen key blind.

japan on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010

Go away

Or be less retarded

arghhhwargarbl

*cue South Park episode*

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Oh my god today's QC is the greatest thing

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    preacher, the way iPhone autocorrect works is it looks at whatever non-word you've typed and determines if any letters can be substituted for other adjacent letters such that it will form a real word

if this is possible, it will present the autocorrect option and if you press space or whatever, it will put that word in immediately.

this means that if you mistype a letter or type something weird it will often give you a different word altogether

it's actually kind of stupid and has no predictive or autocorrecting power beyond the button adjacence

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    it's nobody on here don't worry insecure people

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    What's on sale? :o

R.U.S.E.
    STO
    Need for Speed
    Transformers: War for Cybertron
    Left 4 Dead
    Oblivion
    Singularity
    GTA IV
    Hegemony: Philip of Macedon
    Grand Ages: Rome
    Europa Universalis III
    Shatter

A few decent games but nothing that really demands my money at this time.

Bluh, got pulled away for a meeting. Thanks for the list, Incenjucar. :D

I'm gonna have to give some real thought to Transformers and Singularity.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Okay this is pretty hilarious

One of the squad leaders in my platoon apparently has an estranged ex-wife who has a restraining order against him and his whole family preventing them from contacting her. She, however, can contact them, I assume for alimony or child support or something like that.

She needed to talk to him. However, she can't call him here on a government satellite phone network. So she got the word to his family that he needed to call her. So he calls her. Next thing he knows, sheriff's deputies are scoping out his parents' house in the States and he's getting emails informing him that there is a warrant for his arrest, imploring him to turn himself in. And of course the ex-wife won't say a thing.

He's spent five hours today on the phone with lawyers and county officials trying to get it cleared up.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    preacher, the way iPhone autocorrect works is it looks at whatever non-word you've typed and determines if any letters can be substituted for other adjacent letters such that it will form a real word

if this is possible, it will present the autocorrect option and if you press space or whatever, it will put that word in immediately.

this means that if you mistype a letter or type something weird it will often give you a different word altogether

it's actually kind of stupid and has no predictive or autocorrecting power beyond the button adjacence

Interesting, all I know is that typing game terms to my wife and such at Pax lead to a lot of weird words from languages I've never heard of.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Okay this is pretty hilarious

One of the squad leaders in my platoon apparently has an estranged ex-wife who has a restraining order against him and his whole family preventing them from contacting her. She, however, can contact them, I assume for alimony or child support or something like that.

She needed to talk to him. However, she can't call him here on a government satellite phone network. So she got the word to his family that he needed to call her. So he calls her. Next thing he knows, sheriff's deputies are scoping out his parents' house in the States and he's getting emails informing him that there is a warrant for his arrest, imploring him to turn himself in. And of course the ex-wife won't say a thing.

He's spent five hours today on the phone with lawyers and county officials trying to get it cleared up.

That would seem like a really easy situation to get resolved "Look she initiated contact and I responded to her, here are the records that indicate that."

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Go away

Or be less retarded

arghhhwargarbl

I think, uh

Maybe you're just, uh

Perhaps you don't, uh

Fuck it

*snip*

Yes. Believing that Facebook isn't something that should be taken super seriously is the equivalent of having asperger's.

Bravo, Res. Bravo.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hakkekage wrote: »

Go away

Or be less retarded

arghhhwargarbl

this sounds like an individual who fantasizes about you every day

one of those

you know the ones

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Ludious wrote: »

Oh hey Lud, guess who got a spinerender last night? THIS GUY!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    one of them god damn libruls

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I make a point to avoid my extended family. One time my mom gave my e-mail address to my aunt, and I daily got racist and insane chain e-mails. Every once and a while I check that e-mail inbox and FWOOOO that is some weird shit.

So about once every couple of months or so, I'll get a Facebook friend request from my aunt. I always ignore it because I don't need that shit in my Facebook experience.

In fact, I don't want anything to do with her and her crazy peers. I don't send "thank you" letters for gifts, I don't call to check in, I blatantly avoid her in every way possible.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited December 2010
    So ITT we learn that Hakks has a mentally unstable stalker who will likely give her the "Misery" treatment if she defriends him on Facebook.

Ahh, Zuckerberg; thank you for this grand invention of yours.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Spinerender
    Binds when equipped
    Thrown Thrown
    1097 - 1646 Damage Speed 2.20
    (623.3 damage per second)
    +107 Agility
    +161 Stamina
    Requires Level 85
    Item Level 359
    Equip: Increases your hit rating by 72 (0.60% @ L85).
    Equip: Increases your critical strike rating by 72 (0.40% @ L85).

????

die in the hottest fire, on the lonliest planet preach.

Ludious on
  • Options
    StarcrossStarcross Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I make a point to avoid my extended family. One time my mom gave my e-mail address to my aunt, and I daily got racist and insane chain e-mails. Every once and a while I check that e-mail inbox and FWOOOO that is some weird shit.

So about once every couple of months or so, I'll get a Facebook friend request from my aunt. I always ignore it because I don't need that shit in my Facebook experience.

In fact, I don't want anything to do with her and her crazy peers. I don't send "thank you" letters for gifts, I don't call to check in, I blatantly avoid her in every way possible.

I keep getting facebook friend requests from my 7 year old niece. I'm not at all interested in keeping my facebook 7 year old friendly.

Starcross on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    you play a rogue, preacher?

ugh

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I had never heard that song, I'd heard about it, but never listened to it, made it about 45 seconds. How old is she? Those lyrics don't seem to line up with her age.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.