Options

would you like to live with me

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Trillian wrote:
    You can't get studio apartments for $850/month here, let alone a 3 bedroom.

In Vancouver, B.C., you pay approximately $1000/bedroom for anything remotely nice and remotely near the city.

Yeah but in real dollars that's like fifty cents a week.

Shorty on
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited February 2007
    Shorty wrote:
    Knob wrote:
    850 A MONTH FOR A 3 BEDROOM APARTMENT OH MY GOD WHAT THE FUCK

That is how it is in a place which isn't in the fucking midwest. I know that in places like Flint and Detroit you can get a room in a stinking tenement for ten dollars a year but that is not how we roll in civilization.

i think you're confusing 'civilized' with 'gullible and easily ripped off'

Knob on
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Trillian wrote:
    You can't get studio apartments for $850/month here, let alone a 3 bedroom.

In Vancouver, B.C., you pay approximately $1000/bedroom for anything remotely nice and remotely near the city.

I was looking for a place to live, and I saw a one bedroom for $1000. But it's not in Vancouver. :x

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    guys if i could find a one bedroom apartment in downtown toronto for less than $900 a month i'd flip out

that would be a damn good find

i would immediately suspect some sort of insane catch or weird building problem

Pony on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Knob wrote:
    Shorty wrote:
    Knob wrote:

That is how it is in a place which isn't in the fucking midwest. I know that in places like Flint and Detroit you can get a room in a stinking tenement for ten dollars a year but that is not how we roll in civilization.

I think you're confusing that with the basic concept of "cost of living".

Shorty on
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    i hate so cal

seriously, i must be the only person our age who dosnt own a bmw that daddy bought, and i can bearly afford the 1400 a month rent

Barcardi on
  • Options
    LeliLeli __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007
    In Corona, up the street from me, it starts at $1535/mo for 3 bed 2 bath apartment.

Leli on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    see, this is a great fucking deal

Yes. That's what this is. We need a roommate, rent is cheap, good location, and hey, you get to live with Whippy. I mean, I kind of suck but I work days and Whippy is the man plus you can read his comics. If you, like, take a class on how to do so first. Or something. Whippy help me out here.

Shorty on
  • Options
    PkmoutlPkmoutl Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Knob wrote:
    Shorty wrote:
    Knob wrote:

I'm with bonK on this one, kids.

I had a three-bedroom house with two bathrooms, full basement and Satellite TV, and we only paid $720 a month. Plus, we had plowing and lawn service.

You fuckers talk about Flint and Detroit like that again, and there'll be blood. That's my old 'hood. Reco'nize.

Pkmoutl on
  • Options
    QuadropheniaQuadrophenia Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Shorty wrote:
    Knob wrote:
    Shorty wrote:
    Knob wrote:

Why is it that I laughed when I read "Flint"?

Quadrophenia on
    I'm so tired of partying.
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited February 2007
    Shorty wrote:

Yes. That's what this is. We need a roommate, rent is cheap, good location, and hey, you get to live with Whippy. I mean, I kind of suck but I work days and Whippy is the man plus you can read his comics. If you, like, take a class on how to do so first. Or something. Whippy help me out here.

I'll suck your dick

Whippy on
  • Options
    NucshNucsh Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Shit, the 3 bedroom apartment I'm getting this fall is $810 a month, sans utilities.

But the way it'll be split still makes it cheaper than living on campus.

Nucsh on
    [SIGPIC]GIANT ENEMY BEAR[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited February 2007
    Shorty wrote:

dude

don't get the extra room mate

four and a quarter ain't tough to get each

and spare room for hangouts and computers

dude

for fuck serious

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    HEY GUYS

COST OF LIVING IS VERY DIFFERENT DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU LIVE

DID YOU GUYS KNOW?

Sheri on
  • Options
    RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Fizban wrote:
    Your dog is just asking to be eaten, Redi.

Way ahead of you

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited February 2007
    Pkmoutl wrote:
    Knob wrote:
    Shorty wrote:
    Knob wrote:

I had a three-bedroom house with two bathrooms, full basement and Satellite TV, and we only paid $720 a month. Plus, we had plowing and lawn service.

You fuckers talk about Flint and Detroit like that again, and there'll be blood. That's my old 'hood. Reco'nize.

go eat a dick grandpa onamotherfuckersass

up in these parts, where we got shit, like, running water and shit

eight fiddy ain't tough bones no problem onamotherfuckersass

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Shorty wrote:
    Knob wrote:
    Shorty wrote:
    Knob wrote:

it's a common setting for uncle pk's strories

potatoe on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Sheri, where do you live.

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    QuadropheniaQuadrophenia Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Pkmoutl wrote:
    Knob wrote:
    Shorty wrote:
    Knob wrote:

When was that? 19 diggity 2? Did you ride to work in your Model T? Did you do the Charleston all night long?

Quadrophenia on
    I'm so tired of partying.
  • Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    In Vancouver, the cost of living lives you:

$4000/month for a 2 bedroom condo
    http://vancouver.craigslist.org/apa/271594620.html

$1700 for a 1 bedroom condo
    http://vancouver.craigslist.org/apa/271540345.html

$1800 for a 1 bedroom condo
    http://vancouver.craigslist.org/apa/271481982.html

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Pony wrote:
    guys if i could find a one bedroom apartment in downtown toronto for less than $900 a month i'd flip out

Yes, but that's Canadian dollars.

So that's what? $450 American?

I KID, I KID.

(I know it's like $75)

Pkmoutl on
  • Options
    MeatPopSICKleMeatPopSICKle Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    With 850 a month I would assume Renton, in the ghetto. That or Everett, in the ghetto. Hell my ghetto ass studio in kirkland cost 600.

MeatPopSICKle on
    SignatureSeries6.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Meissnerd wrote:

Depends on the time of year.

I grew up living in the Maryland-side of the DC suburbs, though. When my parents sold our house, it went for nearly half a million dollars. D:D:D:

Sheri on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Shorty wrote:

dude

don't get the extra room mate

four and a quarter ain't tough to get each

and spare room for hangouts and computers

dude

for fuck serious

We are evaluating this possibility. Whether we can do it depends on what kind of job Whippy gets when he gets here. I also need to sell my stupid Taurus and pay cash for an import with low mileage so that I can stop making payments and paying for full coverage insurance.

Shorty on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Sheri wrote:
    Meissnerd wrote:

I grew up living in the Maryland-side of the DC suburbs, though. When my parents sold our house, it went for nearly half a million dollars. D:D:D:

what

I only see that kind of money when I play Sim City

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007
    Shorty wrote:

I'll suck your dick

You are going about this the wrong way, beg and everything will think you are going to murder them and sell their corpses.

Make it a photoshop contest or something, winner gets the honor of living with whippy!and whoever else

ps HI WHIPPY!

Morkath on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Shorty wrote:
    We are evaluating this possibility. Whether we can do it depends on what kind of job Whippy gets when he gets here. I also need to sell my stupid Taurus and pay cash for an import with low mileage so that I can stop making payments and paying for full coverage insurance.

I hear that. How much you pay for full coverage?

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] new member
    edited February 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Pkmoutl wrote:
    Knob wrote:
    Shorty wrote:
    Knob wrote:

When was that? 19 diggity 2? Did you ride to work in your Model T? Did you do the Charleston all night long?

PK is just mad because of us damn kids and our weekend constitutionals

our reading of the latest Fitzgerald in Collier's Magazine.

Shorty on
  • Options
    RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Pony if you moved to Toronto I don't think I'd get anything done

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] new member
    edited February 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Meissnerd wrote:
    Sheri wrote:
    Meissnerd wrote:

what

Yeah, I saw that and was like, 'O.O'

But living in that area is pretty ridiculously expensive. Which is why neither of my parents could afford to continue living there after they divorced.

Sheri on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Shorty wrote:

250 a month. It sucks.

Shorty on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    potatoe wrote:
    Shorty wrote:
    Knob wrote:
    Shorty wrote:
    Knob wrote:

it's a common setting for uncle pk's strories

Actually, most of my stories are from Buffalo.

Admittedly, you could probably buy an entire block for $850 in Flint, but who would really want it?

"Hey, I bought all this for $850!"
    "Wow. That is the biggest pile of McDonald cups I have ever seen. You're going to need a couple rakes, a wheelbarrow and a flamethrower just to get rid of all the garbage."
    "Yeah, but it's mine!"
    "Aces."

Pkmoutl on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Sheri wrote:
    Meissnerd wrote:
    Sheri wrote:
    Meissnerd wrote:

what

Yeah, I saw that and was like, 'O.O'

But living in that area is pretty ridiculously expensive. Which is why neither of my parents could afford to continue living there after they divorced.

In Edmonton, all the prices are going up. Not because of it being an attractive place, or just being nice to live. It's only because we're pretty close to Fort McMurray, where the oilfields are.

So we've got all these dudes moving here, jackin' up our prices, invadin' our space. At least we've still got the Mall. oh wait it sucks

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    i am considering moving out to victoria in a year or two if my girlfriend doesn't move to toronto first

because i'm pretty sure if i gotta endure more of this opposite-sides-of-the-continent shit i think my testicles will simply explode

the sonic boom will be heard for miles

every window in six blocks shattered

Pony on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Pkmoutl wrote:
    Pony wrote:

Yes, but that's Canadian dollars.

So that's what? $450 American?

I KID, I KID.

(I know it's like $75)

I already made that joke.

Your age must be catching up to you.

I KID, I KID.

Shorty on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Shorty wrote:
    Shorty wrote:

250 a month. It sucks.

holy SHIT

got a couple accidents or something? I just got a car and I'm paying, like, $500 every 6 months!

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Pony wrote:
    i am considering moving out to victoria in a year or two if my girlfriend doesn't move to toronto first

because i'm pretty sure if i gotta endure more of this opposite-sides-of-the-continent shit i think my testicles will simply explode

Where's Victoria?

Pkmoutl on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Pony wrote:

DO IT

I will ride the ferry up and hang out with you a whole bunch of times

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png