would you like to live with me

• Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited February 2007
    Larlar wrote:
    But they don't have giant oak desks.

:(

it is so hard to tell when you're being serious, lawrence

To begin, the sentence that began with "seriously" was serious. I wouldn't expect you to find me a job over there. I would, however, want to find a decent job before moving. And therein lies the rub.

And the giant oak desk, however optional, will always be serious.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Trillian wrote:
    Pony wrote:
    mully wrote:
    if anyone is good with numbers
    and has like
    education in le maths or economics or wtfever
    i can see if our seattle office has openings
    for technical assistants
    its insurance
    but its not as lame as youd think

hey mully

i am going to be in BC in a few weeks

sup

hey cool.

Also what's up Mullycakes?

hey hey not much!
    working on a sigav for a jerkface
    and then
    and then?
    working on a logo for a different jerkface
    you?

mully on
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited February 2007
    Larlar wrote:
    Larlar wrote:

To begin, the sentence that began with "seriously" was serious. I wouldn't expect you to find me a job over there. I would, however, want to find a decent job before moving. And therein lies the rub.

then it's time for you to go a-monster'in, 'cause we move in march

Whippy on
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited February 2007
    Larlar wrote:
    Larlar wrote:

then it's time for you to go a-monster'in, 'cause we move in march

Initiating "tabbed browsing."

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I love Seattle, but I think it just too darn expensive. Maybe after college.

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

STAB!

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    mully wrote:
    Trillian wrote:
    Pony wrote:
    mully wrote:
    if anyone is good with numbers
    and has like
    education in le maths or economics or wtfever
    i can see if our seattle office has openings
    for technical assistants
    its insurance
    but its not as lame as youd think

hey mully

i am going to be in BC in a few weeks

sup

hey cool.

Also what's up Mullycakes?

hey hey not much!
    working on a sigav for a jerkface
    and then
    and then?
    working on a logo for a different jerkface
    you?

Goddamn chemistry homework that's what.

That and I'm sick.

Someone needs to start crying me a river asap.

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    arithenaarithena Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Hey, so, this is the first I have seen this thread. And really, I would be better just PMing shorty, but the more I think about it, the better the whole splitting the cost between you two guys seems to be an option. You will already be paying less in rent than I do, I can afford rent and util every month on a pretty low pay scale...plus, you will need an extra room for party crashers since you are TWO WILD AND CRAZY GUYS!

arithena on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PkmoutlPkmoutl Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

Trust me, it'll still be expensive aft er you get out of college.

Pkmoutl on
  • Options
    Tiger_ArmyGTRTiger_ArmyGTR Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Seriously though, everyone i know of that is moving from their current residence is doing so in March. What made March so cool, huh? Also, Houston...eh? Anyone? Anyone? we have lots of nice eating places....lots of corporate headquarters needing "Computer experts" as they put it on Craigslist etc.

Tiger_ArmyGTR on
    Drunkenly pissing on a girl's work clothes is no path to a second date.
  • Options
    I'd Fuck Chuck Lidell UpI'd Fuck Chuck Lidell Up Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Pkmoutl wrote:

it'll be more expensive for me because I'm GOING THERE for college D':

I'd Fuck Chuck Lidell Up on
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Pkmoutl wrote:

OH right. well, maybe I can fly over it again sometime.

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    fallaxdracofallaxdraco Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Seriously though, everyone i know of that is moving from their current residence is doing so in March. What made March so cool, huh? Also, Houston...eh? Anyone? Anyone? we have lots of nice eating places....lots of corporate headquarters needing "Computer experts" as they put it on Craigslist etc.

Yo

fallaxdraco on
  • Options
    superslothsupersloth Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Some of the rents posted in this thread seem so ridiculous to me. I'm currently renting a 4 bedroom house for 900 a month. After utilities, cable, internet, etc. individual rent comes out to 325.

I can't wait till I can buy a house and start building equity.

supersloth on
    elsupersloth.jpg
    muh.
  • Options
    RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

I would feel kind of uncomfortable in the south

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    supersloth wrote:
    Some of the rents posted in this thread seem so ridiculous to me. I'm currently renting a 4 bedroom house for 900 a month. After utilities, cable, internet, etc. individual rent comes out to 325.

It ain't as great as it sounds.

"Fuck the toilet's broken. I guess I have to call the Landlo-- AW SHIT."

Pkmoutl on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Redeemer wrote:

Texas isn't the South.

They get pissy if you say that.

Pkmoutl on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Redeemer wrote:

I thought I would be uncomfortable in the south coming from Cali, and so far Houston proper has really been a lot better than I thought it would be. It's like a big city is a big city anywhere in the U.S.

Now I *work* in a chemical plant outside of Houston, and I have to say - the country? Even 10 miles out of town? More stereotypical than you could imagine.

fallaxdraco on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Redeemer wrote:

You know what gets me? Almost everyone here sees the word "texas" and immediately thinks "dueling banjos" but actually Houston is either the 3rd or 4th largest city in the US and also the 2nd most culturally diverse (beaten only by DC).

Tiger_ArmyGTR on
  • Options
    superslothsupersloth Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Pkmoutl wrote:
    supersloth wrote:

Eh, our current landlord lives out of state and we have to fix everything ourselves anyway. At least if I own it I'll feel like I'm getting something out of it. Plus it'll be nice to get a fixer-upper and sell it in a few years for a sizable return.

supersloth on
    elsupersloth.jpg
    muh.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Redeemer wrote:

I thought I would be uncomfortable in the south coming from Cali, and so far Houston proper has really been a lot better than I thought it would be. It's like a big city is a big city anywhere in the U.S.

Now I *work* in a chemical plant outside of Houston, and I have to say - the country? Even 10 miles out of town? More stereotypical than you could imagine.

Pasadena?

Tiger_ArmyGTR on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Redeemer wrote:

Pasadena?

Fresno, between Sugarland and Pearland

fallaxdraco on
  • Options
    RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Redeemer wrote:

You know what gets me? Almost everyone here sees the word "texas" and immediately thinks "dueling banjos" but actually Houston is either the 3rd or 4th largest city in the US and also the 2nd most culturally diverse (beaten only by DC).

Pk was right :p

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    SephSeph Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I live on the east coast

but one day I want to either move to Arizona, Nevada, NM, Oregon, Washington, or North Cal

Seph on
    doit.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Redeemer wrote:

Pasadena?

Oh i see, it could be worse. [spoiler:10e930a29f] Santa Fe [/spoiler:10e930a29f]

Tiger_ArmyGTR on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    supersloth wrote:
    Pkmoutl wrote:
    supersloth wrote:

Eh, our current landlord lives out of state and we have to fix everything ourselves anyway. At least if I own it I'll feel like I'm getting something out of it. Plus it'll be nice to get a fixer-upper and sell it in a few years for a sizable return.

My last landlord was a nice, middle-aged woman with diabetes and had to be put on dialysis every week. They were nice people. They fucked us over on the water bill, though. We ended up paying for our water, their water and the water for the house behind theirs. We thought $195 a month for water was a bit steep...

Pkmoutl on
  • Options
    WidepathWidepath Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Thats it!
    I will live where the cost of living is low, and work where it is high.
    Why didn't i think of this before!

Widepath on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Redeemer wrote:

Pasadena?

Oh i see, it could be worse. [spoiler:4cb83e17b4] Santa Fe [/spoiler:4cb83e17b4]

Never done anything more than drive through there, I surmise I should keep it that way

fallaxdraco on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Redeemer wrote:

Pasadena?

Oh i see, it could be worse. [spoiler:cfd5342a14] Santa Fe [/spoiler:cfd5342a14]

Never done anything more than drive through there, I surmise I should keep it that way

Its worse than Cut 'n' Shoot, Texas....a town supposedly named for what they do to black people there....

Tiger_ArmyGTR on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Larlar wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:
    If Larlar moves out here, I can't be held accountable for anything I do.

Pertaining to me, or just in general from that point onward?

Let's just say both.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Redeemer wrote:

Pasadena?

Oh i see, it could be worse. [spoiler:0eee99bf40] Santa Fe [/spoiler:0eee99bf40]

Its worse than Cut 'n' Shoot, Texas....a town supposedly named for what they do to black people there....

You know I don't think we are helping our cause here

fallaxdraco on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Redeemer wrote:

Pasadena?

Oh i see, it could be worse. [spoiler:d1779e3b1b] Santa Fe [/spoiler:d1779e3b1b]

I'll put it thise way.....Texas is a sea of rednecks and back ass-wards towns, But there are various Large islands of civilization: Houston, The Dallas/Fort Worth area, San Antonio and Austin.

Tiger_ArmyGTR on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Redeemer wrote:

Pasadena?

Oh i see, it could be worse. [spoiler:5ff37af184] Santa Fe [/spoiler:5ff37af184]

I'll put it thise way.....Texas is a sea of rednecks and back ass-wards towns, But there are various Large islands of civilization: Houston, The Dallas/Fort Worth area, San Antonio and Austin.

Sounds pretty much right - how is Austin, by the way? I'm going up there this weekend and I need interesting locations and things to do

fallaxdraco on
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Texas is fan-fucking-tastic and I will probably never live outside of the state ever.

Well, maybe a few years on one of the coasts if I ever have the money.

Actually, scratch that- if I ever live anywhere else, I'll move back to Atlanta, where I lived when I was younger.

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Jordyn wrote:
    Larlar wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:
    If Larlar moves out here, I can't be held accountable for anything I do.

Pertaining to me, or just in general from that point onward?

Let's just say both.

Okay, we can say it.

I don't know what it means, but we can say it.

Pkmoutl on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Redeemer wrote:
    [quote:47e6298f75="Tiger_ArmyGTR"]Seriously though, everyone i know of that is moving from their current residence is doing so in March. What made March so cool, huh? Also, Houston...eh? Anyone? Anyone? we have lots of nice eating places....lots of corporate headquarters needing "Computer experts" as they put it on Craigslist etc.

Pasadena?

Oh i see, it could be worse. [spoiler:47e6298f75] Santa Fe [/spoiler:47e6298f75]

Sounds pretty much right - how is Austin, by the way? I'm going up there this weekend and I need interesting locations and things to do[/quote:47e6298f75]

Its known for its music scene, but the other side of that is that you have lots of shitty bands just because there are tons of bands in general. If you love yourself, go hiking, Austin has some of Texas' best scenery. Honestly, just go down to 6th street and start asking people what's going on, that you are a visitor and looking for some fun shit to do.

Tiger_ArmyGTR on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    [quote:8e93907d26="Redeemer"][quote:8e93907d26="Tiger_ArmyGTR"]Seriously though, everyone i know of that is moving from their current residence is doing so in March. What made March so cool, huh? Also, Houston...eh? Anyone? Anyone? we have lots of nice eating places....lots of corporate headquarters needing "Computer experts" as they put it on Craigslist etc.

Pasadena?

Oh i see, it could be worse. [spoiler:8e93907d26] Santa Fe [/spoiler:8e93907d26]

Sounds pretty much right - how is Austin, by the way? I'm going up there this weekend and I need interesting locations and things to do[/quote:8e93907d26]

Its known for its music scene, but the other side of that is that you have lots of shitty bands just because there are tons of bands in general. If you love yourself, go hiking, Austin has some of Texas' best scenery. Honestly, just go down to 6th street and start asking people what's going on, that you are a visitor and looking for some fun shit to do.[/quote:8e93907d26]

Hmmm... sounds like a plan, thanks. Only have the one day/evening so I will probably end up getting plastered but hopefully I find cool stuff in the process :D

fallaxdraco on
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I am of the opinion that Oregon and Washington are the best places to live.

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    Dangerou-DaveDangerou-Dave __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007
    Shorty wrote:
    Knob wrote:
    850 A MONTH FOR A 3 BEDROOM APARTMENT OH MY GOD WHAT THE FUCK

That is how it is in a place which isn't in the fucking midwest. I know that in places like Flint and Detroit you can get a room in a stinking tenement for ten dollars a year but that is not how we roll in civilization.

Whoah whoah whoah

dude
    I live in Iowa City and I think 850 for a 3 bedroom is ridiculously cheap.
    My 3 friends pay 1500+ for their 3 bedroom.

Dangerou-Dave on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Shorty wrote:
    Knob wrote:
    850 A MONTH FOR A 3 BEDROOM APARTMENT OH MY GOD WHAT THE FUCK

That is how it is in a place which isn't in the fucking midwest. I know that in places like Flint and Detroit you can get a room in a stinking tenement for ten dollars a year but that is not how we roll in civilization.

Whoah whoah whoah

dude
    I live in Iowa City and I think 850 for a 3 bedroom is ridiculously cheap.
    My 3 friends pay 1500+ for their 3 bedroom.

There are too many people from Iowa I encounter on message boards.

I'm not even counting those who I know personally and introduced to the boards. I mean, geez.

DarkPrimus on