As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Game of the Year 2010 Poll [VOTE HERE]

• RaughnRaughn Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    1.) Halo Reach (360)
    2.) Mass Effect 2 (360,PC)
    3.) VVVVVV (PC*)
    4.) Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii)
    5.) Heavy Rain (PS3)
    6.) Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (360,PS3)
    7.) Starcraft 2 (PC)
    8.) Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (360,PS3)

Anything past 8 just started to look like a list of stuff I played, so I cut it short. I almost stopped at 7, but I have to give Castlevania some props. For all its faults, when it hits its stride, its something special.

Thanks as always to mcc for running the poll.

Raughn on
  • XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    There will not be enough of you voting for Amnesia or Sin and Punishment 2, which were actually the best games in a very strong year.

Xagarath on
  • RaughnRaughn Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Xagarath wrote: »
    There will not be enough of you voting for Amnesia or Sin and Punishment 2, which were actually the best games in a very strong year.

FWIW, Amneisa is one of the two games I haven't played yet that I wished I had in time for this (AC: Brotherhood being the other). Oh well, happens some years. Dead Space and Persona 4 would have blown-up my 08 list had I not played them in 09. Good thing I spent the whole fall of 08 being terrible at using the LBP level editor :?

Raughn on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I just threw in some recognition votes for some lesser known games.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Lenore03Lenore03 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Xagarath wrote: »

Personally, I'd be happy if it placed in the top three Wii games. Not exactly a high bar to set as there were only two Wii games which gained wide approval, DKCR and Galaxy 2, in my mind atleast.

S&P2 wasnt even mentioned in the best Wii game deliberation on Gametrailers or Giant Bomb. Maybe it is a bad game.

Lenore03 on
  • JintorJintor Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    1. Bayonetta (360,PS3)
    2. Mass Effect 2 (360,PC)
    3. Minecraft (PC*)
    4. Fallout: New Vegas (360,PC,PS3)
    5. Dead Rising 2 (360,PC,PS3)
    6. Rune Factory 3 (DS)
    7. Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (360*,iPhone,PC*,PS3*)
    8. Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale (PC*)
    9. Mount and Blade: Warband (PC)
    10. Civilization V (PC)
    11. Game Dev Story (Android,iPhone)
    12. Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii)
    13. Scott Pilgrim vs The World (360*,PS3*)

Cheers, this poll helped me sort a few things out in my head

Jintor on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I think Minecraft, even though it probably won't win, deserves an extremely honourable mention for just how goddamn original it is.

I mean, sure, there's been other similar games like Dwarf Fortress, but Minecraft is something special the way it evokes that childhood joy of Lego-building in you.

Dhalphir on
  • JintorJintor Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Everyone evokes the lego-building. What I'm more amazed at is

a) The way it makes me scared of the night again

b) The sense of wonder, of exploration and the urge to map the world

Jintor on
  • Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Mario Galaxy 2 wins for me thus year, but I didn't get to ME or RDR yet. I guess Pinball FX2 was ruled an expansion? That would have been top 5 for me.

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• TayaTaya Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    1. Dragon Quest IX
    2. Super Mario Galaxy 2
    3. Professor Layton and the Unwound Future
    4. Ace Attorney Investigations
    5. Pokemon Heartgold/Soulsilver
    6. Rune Factory 3
    7. Kirby's Epic Yarn
    8. Harvest Moon Grand Bazaar
    9. Robot Unicorn Attack

DQIX was my best game this year. Galaxy 2, Layton, AAI, and Pokemon are all tied for second place. Rune Factory 3 could be higher but I haven't played it enough to really judge.

Taya on
  • AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I really only considered games I finished for this list. However Vanquish is on there which I am in the middle of now and loving every second so I had to include it. I think I'm the only person to give Lost Planet 2 or Singularity some love. Both awesome games that nobody played.

1. Red Dead Redemption (360,PS3)
    2. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (360,PC,PS3)
    3. Call of Duty: Black Ops (360,DS,PC,PS3,Wii)
    4. Kinect Sports (360)
    5. Pac Man CE DX (360*,PS3*)
    6. Angry Birds (Android,iPhone,mobile)
    7. Bayonetta (360,PS3)
    8. Vanquish (360,PS3)
    9. Lost Planet 2 (360,PC,PS3)
    10. NBA 2K11 (360,PC,PS2,PS3,PSP,Wii)
    11. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction (360,iPhone,Mobile,PC)
    12. Limbo (360*)
    13. Super Meat Boy (360*,PC*)
    14. Dance Central (360)
    15. Alien vs. Predator (PC,PS3,360)
    16. Bioshock 2 (360,PC,PS3)
    17. Singularity (360,PC,PS3)

Allforce on
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Huh, Skate 3 isn't on there? Where does MCC get his long list anyway?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • HaikiraHaikira UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

From us. :P

Haikira on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN:Hakira__
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    I think Minecraft, even though it probably won't win, deserves an extremely honourable mention for just how goddamn original it is.

I mean, sure, there's been other similar games like Dwarf Fortress, but Minecraft is something special the way it evokes that childhood joy of Lego-building in you.

Minecraft is brilliant but there are scads of similar indie games scattered all over the Internet that are just as original. They're not as good, sure, but they're definitely up there with Minecraft in terms of originality.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Haikira wrote: »

That's it! Ya'll are going on notice:

OnNoticephp.jpg

jammu on
    Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It is incredible to me how little I played of 2010 games. I had a very hard time ranking my top 4. Before this year began, I would have guessed Fallout: NV would have been at 1 or 2. I enjoyed it a lot, but I really put a lot of time into RDR. I have only had AC:Bro for a week or so, but I really am getting into it. I think if I had another week or two with it, it would be 2. Maybe not.
    Thanks! You voted for:

1. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii)
    2. Red Dead Redemption (360,PS3)
    3. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (360,PS3)
    4. Fallout: New Vegas (360,PC,PS3)
    5. Super Meat Boy (360*,PC*)
    6. Just Cause 2 (360,PC,PS3)
    7. Picross 3D (DS)
    8. Professor Layton and the Unwound Future (DS)

RandomHajile on
  • MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I keep seeing people saying "oh, this year sucked for games hurrr." I do not get that. My year was primarily composed of giddy wonderment. This is actually the first year I've hit a 20 game list, and over half of them are games that I devoured ravenously, as though would a starving man when presented with a honeyed suckling pig, only distracted from them by the drifting sweetened scent of others of them. And I didn't even play all that I would've liked to.

1. Bayonetta (360,PS3)
    2. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (360,PS3)
    3. Metro 2033 (360,PS3)
    4. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat (PC)
    5. Mass Effect 2 (360,PC)
    6. Vanquish (360,PS3)
    7. Limbo (360*)
    8. Super Meat Boy (360*,PC*)
    9. Darksiders (360,PC,PS3)
    10. Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (360*,iPhone,PC*,PS3*)
    11. Just Cause 2 (360,PC,PS3)
    12. Alpha Protocol (360,PC,PS3)
    13. Starcraft 2 (PC)
    14. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (360,PC,PS3)
    15. Alan Wake (360)
    16. Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale (PC*)
    17. Minecraft (PC*)
    18. Shank (360*,PS3*,PC)
    19. Breath of Death VII: The Beginning (360*)
    20. The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom (PC*,360*)

Choosing between Bayonetta and Brotherhood is like choosing between two unnecessarily stylish children. Choosing between STALKER and Metro 2033 is like choosing between two other thickly-accented children that stink vaguely of vodka and kind of glow a little when the lights are out and occasionally try to murder you because life's hard, bitch. And also there are seven more quirky, yet lovable children that need daddy.

Alpha Protocol would've certainly made it up higher on the list if it hadn't been broken is such critical ways. It's still an enjoyable experience in the places where it does things better than anything else on the market, but those great bits just deserved better than what they were wrapped in. I actually found myself surprised that as I sat there with the list, Guardian of Light kept creeping up. That little game was just fun. Enough to edge out over Explosions Cause 2: Explode Harder. I should also point out that, as a general rule, I rarely like JRPGs. Two of them crept onto my list. Great job to RainbowDespair and Slash for Breath of Death, where they shipped a super-traditional game in a genre whose traditions are practically defined by bullshit and then proceeded to cut all the bullshit out of it. And then there's Recettear. I don't know how I like that game given my hard-line anti-cuteness agenda, but there you go. It cuted and charmed me in the fucking eyeballs until the bitterness glands stopped resisting. God help me if someone brings yarn Kirby into my household while my defenses are down.

Honorable Mentions:

-Costume Quest - I love Double Fine's style. I do. And Costume Quest was fun. It was. It was just a bit too easy to hold my attention the way everything else did this year.

-Amnesia: The Dark Descent - Seems amazing. Unfortunately, I've only played about 20 minutes of it.

Not Quite So Honorable Mentions:

-Bioshock 2 - I was wary of buying it at release. Did so at the last minute. Should not have done so. It's not terrible by any means. It's just... no thanks.

-Dark Void - Dark Void is mediocre. Not great. Not bad. Just thoroughly unspectacular. It's sad, really. That game really had the potential to be fun instead of just fun enough.

Monger on
  • Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    My list
    1. Red Dead Redemption (360,PS3)
    2. Super Meat Boy (360*,PC*)
    3. Starcraft 2 (PC)
    4. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (360,PS3)
    5. Vanquish (360,PS3)
    6. Darksiders (360,PC,PS3)
    7. Mass Effect 2 (360,PC)
    8. Civilization V (PC)
    9. Mount and Blade: Warband (PC)
    10. Metro 2033 (360,PS3)

I realized right as I clicked "I'm Done" that I forgot about Fallout New Vegas. It wasn't going to top it, but it was probably better than Metro 2033.

All in all though, a pretty badass year :D

Foolish Chaos on
  • SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I just started digging into Goldeneye and I'm kind of upset I didn't rank it higher.

SirUltimos on
  • BiggNifeBiggNife Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It took a while, but I'm pretty satisfied with this list. I'm probably missing something somewhere, but eh.

1: Mass Effect 2 (360,PC)
    2: Super Street Fighter 4 (360,PS3)
    3: Super Meat Boy (360*,PC*)
    4: Bayonetta (360,PS3)
    5: Alan Wake (360)
    6: Heavy Rain (PS3)
    7: Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii)
    8: VVVVVV (PC*)
    9: Call of Duty: Black Ops (360,DS,PC,PS3,Wii)
    10: Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep (PSP)
    11: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii)
    12: Pac Man CE DX (360*,PS3*)
    13: Tatsunoko vs Capcom: Ultimate All Stars (Wii)
    14: Vanquish (360,PS3)
    15: Metroid: Other M (Wii)
    16: Shank (360*,PS3*,PC)
    17: Chime (360*,PC*)
    18: Singularity (360,PC,PS3)
    19: Sonic Colors (Wii)
    20: Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent (iPhone,PC*,Wii*)

BiggNife on
  • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    jammu wrote: »
    Haikira wrote: »

That's it! Ya'll are going on notice

Every year, I would comb through the nominations list to make sure none of the games I liked had slipped through the cracks, only to find that they were all nominated long before I even clicked on the thread. The one year I don't bother, is the one year you guys leave out one of the games in my top 5.

Dirty on
  • SploozooSploozoo Grillaface Richmond VARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    1) Mass Effect 2 (360,PC)
    2) Call of Duty: Black Ops (360,DS,PC,PS3,Wii)
    3) Rock Band 3 (360,PS3,Wii)
    4) Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (360,PC,PS3)
    5) God of War 3 (PS3)
    6) Red Dead Redemption (360,PS3)
    7) Starcraft 2 (PC)
    8) Heavy Rain (PS3)
    9) MAG (PS3)
    10) Infinity Blade (iPhone)

Sploozoo on
    Mnemonic anamnesis.

aka Grillaface
  • mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Monger wrote: »
    I keep seeing people saying "oh, this year sucked for games hurrr." I do not get that.

Yeah, I don't really get it either. There were awesome blockbusters and great sports games and great "indie" games. There were great games on 360, PC, and PSP. I can't really say anything for the PS3 or Wii since I don't own them... but I imagine the PS3 got a lot of the great multi-console releases.

NBA2k11 really made this year for me. Such a good game. Doesn't really get the recognition here, since PA'ers aren't really sports gamers, but at Kotaku it was nominated for GOTY:

http://kotaku.com/5711686/kotakus-2010-game-of-the-year

It'll wind up with less votes than NBA Jam here, though, which makes me :(

mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hokey dokey, here's my ranking of what I've played that's released this year.
    • 1. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat (PC)
    • 2. Mass Effect 2 (360,PC)
    • 3. Hegemony: Philip of Macedon (PC)
    • 4. Minecraft (PC*)
    • 5. VVVVVV (PC*)
    • 6. Amnesia: The Dark Descent (PC)
    • 7. Super Meat Boy (360*,PC*)
    • 8. Revenge of the Titans (PC*)
    • 9. Mount and Blade: Warband (PC)
    • 10. Flotilla (360* [this is on PC too])
    • 12. Super Crate Box (PC*)
    • 13. Chime (360*,PC*)

This has probably been one of the most interesting years for games in a long time. I definitely play less new releases these days (mainly because I'm going more and more PC centric) but I think I'm happier with what I play overall. I really like the fact that indie games are dominating my play time these days, and this year really has increased that trend. They are providing some great experiences both retro and forward thinking. Still, releases from big publishers sit at the top of the list. STALKER CoP gets the top spot for taking massive strides for putting a shooter where I want it to be. Mass Effect 2 is second place because, fuck man, have you played that shit? STALKER's open world game play just edged it out of the top spot, otherwise ME 2 provides everything I want in a big budget title.

Drake on
  • GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Thanks! You voted for:

1. Super Street Fighter 4 (360,PS3)
    2. Mass Effect 2 (360,PC)
    3. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (360,PS3)
    4. God of War 3 (PS3)
    5. Ys Seven (PSP)
    6. Robot Unicorn Attack (iPhone,Flash)
    7. Heavy Rain (PS3)
    8. Halo Reach (360)
    9. Monster Hunter Tri (Wii)
    10. Angry Birds (Android,iPhone,mobile)
    11. Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth (DS)
    12. White Knight Chronicles: International Edition (PS3)
    13. Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii)
    14. Resonance of Fate (360,PS3)
    15. God of War: Ghost of Sparta (PSP)
    16. Ys: The Oath in Felghana (PSP)

Grove on
    Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    SC2
    ME2
    *big gap*
    AC:B
    Fable3
    Alpha Protocol
    RDR
    Civ5
    MAG

Left out Fallout:NV because I still haven't had a chance to play it much and Civ5 probably would have been higher if I'd had more of a chance to play it. But its been a busy year and a lot of my gaming time has been dedicated to SC2

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I always falter when it comes to these things, because I hate ranking things by number. Still, my list ended up being:
    1. Mass Effect 2 (360,PC)
    2. Super Meat Boy (360*,PC*)
    3. Pac Man CE DX (360*,PS3*)
    4. Trauma Team (Wii)
    5. Rock Band 3 (360,PS3,Wii)
    6. Cut the Rope (iPhone)
    7. Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii)
    8. Darksiders (360,PC,PS3)
    9. Bayonetta (360,PS3)
    10. Monday Night Combat (360*,PC)

It was a huge debate between ME2 and Super Meat Boy for the top slot, but I've gone through ME2 almost three times, which is immensely rare for me nowadays. SMB and Pac-Man CE DX together are everything I love about games, and downloadable games in particular. Trauma Team was a huge surprise for me; I had kind of fallen off the Trauma Center fanwagon as New Blood didn't do anything for me, but I picked up TT on a lark and it's a fantastic reinvigoration of the formula. Cut the Rope is short, sweet and beautiful, and I almost by definition hate physics-based puzzlers, but this still impressed me.

I had a ton of other games past 10, but I couldn't really rank them, so I just limited it to 10, which helped a lot. And I also have a number of other pretty high-profile games in my library, but I've sadly not put enough time into them to really make a value judgment on them; the backlog grew a lot this year, due in no small part to grad school. :( Though one notable drop off the charts really quickly for me: DQ IX. I was massively hyped for the game, and I put a good 30 hours into it, but toward the end I just lost interest and never came back to it. I guess the return to the DQ3 make-your-own-party style, combined with the focus on grottos, just didn't mesh with my taste in RPGs. Double :(

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Thanks! You voted for:

Bayonetta (360,PS3)
    Super Street Fighter 4 (360,PS3)
    Pac Man CE DX (360*,PS3*)
    Vanquish (360,PS3)
    Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City (DS)
    Deathsmiles (Arcade, 360)
    NBA Jam 2010 (360,PS3,Wii)

Let's go, Bayonetta!

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Thanks! You voted for:

1. Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep (PSP)
    2. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii)
    3. Picross 3D (DS)
    4. Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver (DS)
    5. Pac Man CE DX (360*,PS3*)
    6. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (360,iPhone,PC,PS3,Wii)
    7. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (360,PS3)
    8. Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii)
    9. Halo Reach (360)
    10. Super Meat Boy (360*,PC*)
    11. Vanquish (360,PS3)
    12. Bit.Trip.Runner (Wii*)
    13. VVVVVV (PC*)
    14. Final Fantasy 13 (360,PS3)

I picked all the games I had played this year, and ordered the top... 6, and let the rest order themselves. Choosing between Galaxy 2 and BbS was like picking one child over the other :O

Sangheili91 on
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    There are too many games on this list that I want to play and vote for, but I haven't played them yet

It hurts me inside

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    There are too many games on this list that I want to play and vote for, but I haven't played them yet

It hurts me inside
    2010 was rough.

I've already picked up Amnesia, and it's on my to do list. Probably will pick up Heavy Rain now that the PS3 in my household is actually in my household again. Should get VVVVVV at some point. Should get Cthulhu Saves The World at some point. Should get Pac Man CE DX at some point. Other stuff, I'm sure. It's a shame I'm incapable of enjoying Rockstar's open world games. Red Dead seemed pretty amazing.

At least we don't have this WE'RE STARTING THIS SHOW WITH THE SHOWSTOPPERS LET'S DO THIS SHIT first week that 2010 did. I actually have time to catch up.

Monger on
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I didn't see Star Ruler on this. I would of given those dudes a spot on my list if it was on the poll.
    That said, I am interested in how this will turn out.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

It hurts me inside

I know man

I know

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    There are a lot of people voting for SC2 who don't post in the SC2 thread :(

Dhalphir on
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Thanks! You voted for:

1. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (PSP)
    2. Scott Pilgrim vs The World (360*,PS3*)
    3. Heavy Rain (PS3)
    4. Valkyria Chronicles 2 (PSP)
    5. Vanquish (360,PS3)
    6. 3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3)
    7. Limbo (360*)
    8. BlazBlue: Continuum Shift (Arcade,360,PS3)
    9. Halo Reach (360)
    10. After Burner Climax (360*,PS3*)

Of these, I have beaten three. I pretty much stopped playing videogames once school started up again.
    edit: Ooh, looking through the comments, I forgot about the new Pacman. I got it last week and it is great fun.

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    There are a lot of people voting for SC2 who don't post in the SC2 thread :(

Why does that make you sad? It's not like there's a shortage of posters in there is there?

subedii on
    edited January 2011
    No but we could have so many new people to play with.

I'm getting tired of Lemming and Drag, and s_86 smells funny.

Dhalphir on
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    1. Mass Effect 2 (360,PC)
    2. Red Dead Redemption (360,PS3)
    3. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (360,PS3)
    4. God of War 3 (PS3)
    5. Bayonetta (360,PS3)
    6. Vanquish (360,PS3)
    7. Alan Wake (360)
    8. Fable 3 (360)
    9. Halo Reach (360)
    10. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii)
    11. Call of Duty: Black Ops (360,DS,PC,PS3,Wii)
    12. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (PSP)
    13. God of War: Ghost of Sparta (PSP)
    14. Ys Seven (PSP)
    15. Limbo (360*)
    16. Just Cause 2 (360,PC,PS3)
    17. Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii)
    18. Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii)
    19. Transformers: War for Cybertron (360,PC,PS3)
    20. Deadly Premonition (360,PS3)

If Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 was nominated, I would have fit it in somewhere. I've only played it for an hour, but it's really impressive.

I played at least 34 new games this year. Wow.

edit: Removed the negativity.

Renzo on
  • subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    No but we could have so many new people to play with.

I'm getting tired of Lemming and Drag, and s_86 smells funny.

I might join in the fun some day, but I'm still in on DoW2 at the moment, and occasionally SupCom 2.

Gameplay mechanics aside, I guess I like the sheer amount of character in DoW2. The amount of contextual voicework they did for it is crazy, and it really helps the atmosphere.

subedii on
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Renzo wrote: »
    Dishonorable Mentions: Sorry, I have to do it. These games didn't live up to either hype or legacy.
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
    Darksiders

ITT Renzo is lame

Though I guess if I were to do the same:

Dishonorable Mentions:
    Fallout: New Vegas
    Alan Wake
    Alpha Protocol
    Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

UnbreakableVow on
This discussion has been closed.