As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Epic level Boston Noms

• Options
    KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'll throw out a few of my favorites.

The Friendly Toast in Cambridge has been mentioned many times, and there's a reason. ;) It's kitchy, but awesome. I am a sucker for their homefries, especially Omar's Home Fries, which is a giant plate full of sliced cooked red potatoes with broccoli, corn, peas, parmesan cheese, artichoke hearts, and soy sauce. They also have neat beer selection.

The Sunset Grill and Tap in Allston has amazing food (a lot of "spicy" southern faire but also has burgers and pizza), but their claim to fame (and the thing that makes my husband have fits) is the 112 beers on tap. Yes, on tap! They also have 380 microbrews and exotic imports. They have their own beer menu that's usually printed every week, as their beers are constantly changing.

The Salty Dog in Faneuil Hall is amazing. I don't care if it's a tourist trap, it's the only place I know of that I can have seafood creole. Mmmm!

By the way, in the actual Faneuil hall building, there are a few shops. One is a little candy store. My favorite chocolates reside there, Cranberry Bog Frogs, made with caramel, cashews, and dried Cape Cod cranberries, covered in chocolate. Just had to give them a shout out.

Krissta on
    Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    xipetotec wrote: »
    Frugus wrote: »
    I don't actually eat Poutine that much, this is just a clever attempt to show what my stomping grounds are. Also, La Banquise is good but not the best, however it wins because it's available 24/7. That is all.[/SPOILER]

Late to the game, just wanted to say I really don't think La Banquise deserves all the praise it gets. Only because it's an "all poutine" restaurant. So I'm with you on it not being "the best". There's nothing like Lafleurs or Belle Province as far as I'm concerned.

We need to high five this, even if it comes at the risk of transmitting insane convention diseases. It's what George Carlin would want. And what's better than a Belle Pro poutine? A Belle Pro Italian Poutine! Second to none. Frites Alors ain't bad either btw.

Now I wonder if there are any poutines at all in Boston... :?:

Actually, my very favorite poutine is this little place in Ste-Genevieve called La Roulotte. They do a two-layer poutine. it's awesome,

The only place (that I'm aware of) to get authentic poutine is up here in Manchester, New Hampshire, at Chez Vachon. :) They import the gravy and the cheese curds. So amazing.

Krissta on
    Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options
    FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Krissta wrote: »
    I don't actually eat Poutine that much, this is just a clever attempt to show what my stomping grounds are. Also, La Banquise is good but not the best, however it wins because it's available 24/7. That is all.[/SPOILER]

Late to the game, just wanted to say I really don't think La Banquise deserves all the praise it gets. Only because it's an "all poutine" restaurant. So I'm with you on it not being "the best". There's nothing like Lafleurs or Belle Province as far as I'm concerned.

We need to high five this, even if it comes at the risk of transmitting insane convention diseases. It's what George Carlin would want. And what's better than a Belle Pro poutine? A Belle Pro Italian Poutine! Second to none. Frites Alors ain't bad either btw.

Actually, my very favorite poutine is this little place in Ste-Genevieve called La Roulotte. They do a two-layer poutine. it's awesome,

The only place (that I'm aware of) to get authentic poutine is up here in Manchester, New Hampshire, at Chez Vachon. :) They import the gravy and the cheese curds. So amazing.

Futurama_Fry_Looking_Squint.jpg

Frugus on
    Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • Options
    aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Anyone know any places celiac friendly?

aerynkelly on
    fss_overall.png
  • Options
    FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    aerynkelly wrote: »

Gluten intolerance can be a pain. Obviously I'm not from the area so I would not know where you can go, but having a family member who has the same problem, we found out about a few solutions. One of which is that you can carry your own gluten free pasta, salad dressings and so on. Nothing much mind you, the idea is not for you to show up with a small grocery bag at any restaurant, but you can always stuff a few things in a purse without making things look too weird. We've seen a few places that have no problem using your ingredients, seeing they would rather gain a customer than loose a client. How they charge you is something else.

Frugus on
    Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Gluten intolerance can be a pain. Obviously I'm not from the area so I would not know where you can go, but having a family member who has the same problem, we found out about a few solutions. One of which is that you can carry your own gluten free pasta, salad dressings and so on. Nothing much mind you, the idea is not for you to show up with a small grocery bag at any restaurant, but you can always stuff a few things in a purse without making things look too weird. We've seen a few places that have no problem using your ingredients, seeing they would rather gain a customer than loose a client. How they charge you is something else.

I have the feeling I'll be living the weekend on fruit & nut bars that I bring with me. I'm too sensitive to eat in normal restaurants, even ordering something without gluten in it there is inevitably cross contamination. I'll check my celiac forums to see if anyone knows a safe place in the area.

aerynkelly on
    fss_overall.png
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

I have the feeling I'll be living the weekend on fruit & nut bars that I bring with me. I'm too sensitive to eat in normal restaurants, even ordering something without gluten in it there is inevitably cross contamination. I'll check my celiac forums to see if anyone knows a safe place in the area.

You can try flatbread, I know their other locations are super-anal about separating the gluten free from the rest, even putting it in it's own sheaf of tin foil in the oven.

schuss on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Krissta wrote: »

Futurama_Fry_Looking_Squint.jpg
    I meant in New England. :)

Krissta on
    Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    schuss wrote: »
    You can try flatbread, I know their other locations are super-anal about separating the gluten free from the rest, even putting it in it's own sheaf of tin foil in the oven.

Good to know, thanks

aerynkelly on
    fss_overall.png
  • Options
    jujujuju [E] Line Entertainment! Brookline, MARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Do a quick search of gluten-free Boston on Yelp, there are tons of lists! :)

juju on
    PAX East '10-16 Pokecrawl || Team Green's Awesome PokeProf!
    PAX Prime '10-'13 Triwizard Drinking Tournament || Hufflepuff Head of House!
    Twitter: @jujukoo
    [E]
  • Options
    arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

there are many

check the Hitchhiker's Guide to PAX East when it goes fully live in Feb.

arsonisfun on
    I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • Options
    SoberChefSoberChef Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I plan on heading over to the Gourmet Dumpling House on Beach St in Chinatown!

SoberChef on
  • Options
    hardreturnhardreturn Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    sportello was awesome when my wife and ate there last year

hardreturn on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Went to Citizens Public House this past weekend, and that place is definitely legit. I recommend the house-made bratwurst (wrapped in bacon!) and their oysters. Some of the best oysters I've had, on par with the good stuff you get in Portland, ME.

schuss on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I'm so jealous about Citizen Public House - It's in that nook of the Hynes/Fenway/Fens area that's a bitch to get to from where I am in Somerville. If you're in that area again, I'd suggest checking out Church on Kilmarnock St which is right around the way; they have a really awesome themed cocktail menu (Seven Deadly Sins, anyone?) and a nifty, dim-lit ambiance.

Finally got to Sportello last week as it's across the street from Lucky's. You must go! I had a kickass brioche pain perdu and a great experience... they even hooked us up with chocolate-hazelnut-sea salt cookies on the house *__*

juju on
    [E]
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    juju wrote: »
    I'm so jealous about Citizen Public House - It's in that nook of the Hynes/Fenway/Fens area that's a bitch to get to from where I am in Somerville. If you're in that area again, I'd suggest checking out Church on Kilmarnock St which is right around the way; they have a really awesome themed cocktail menu (Seven Deadly Sins, anyone?) and a nifty, dim-lit ambiance.

Finally got to Sportello last week as it's across the street from Lucky's. You must go! I had a kickass brioche pain perdu and a great experience... they even hooked us up with chocolate-hazelnut-sea salt cookies on the house *__*

Been to Church (my friends used to live on Queensberry, so we remember when it was the Linwood, prior to Church), it's good, but not spectacular. Actually went there afterward for a few drinks. Citizen would get my choice 9 times out of 10, even with a 30 minute wait.
    For drinks, I'd probably give Eastern Standard the edge, plus their whiskey list is far better and less expensive.

schuss on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Church is good for themed cocktails that are more like desserts, but clearly you know what you like if you're going to ES. My friend got me hooked to negronis and they do pretty good negroni variations. It's also pretty nice going to a bar and ordering a periodista and not getting a funny look. Don't get me wrong, I'm clearly not a cocktail snob (I'll drink anything that's not cheap icky beer) so I'm not going to sit here and pretend like I know what I'm talking about, but ES is def the spot if I don't venture out of Kenmore. Lower Depths is good for cheap eats and bottled beer (a bit pricey, but a good selection of bottles for the area if one is not game to venture out to Allston or Camb-erville). Just had Church on my mind since I was there recently :)

juju on
    [E]
  • Options
    yanksrul5yanksrul5 New JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Me. I am personally bringing a three day supply of Meals Ready to Eat (aka MRE) that way i don't have to waste time finding somewhere to eat and more time getting my PAX on!

yanksrul5 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Exodus1 wrote: »
    Anyone looking to go to anywhere good let me know, I am very good with navigation and I'm always looking to make dinner dates with anyone who needs the company. I'm totally serious about this, as I LOVE sharing meals with people interested about food. It makes the dinner so much better <3

Hey juju, I'll definitely take you up on that offer for dinner on sunday night if you're available. It'll be me and a couple friends (depending on who's staying till monday), and whoever else would like to join, the more the merrier. I'm from D.C., and somewhat of a foodie myself (when my budget allows), and would like to taste as much of Boston as I can while I'm there. We're going to the pre-pax dinner, pokecrawl, and dim sum, and I know we'd be happy to have you help us decide where to go and what's good for sunday. :)

I don't know how I missed your post but get in touch with me! I'm actually PokeProf for Team Green A so if you find me and you're not too sloshed, let me know! Or just PM me near the convention more sober-ly with your plans :)

As for poutine, I had some pretty tasty poutine tonight at All-Star Sandwich Bar, which is in Inman Square (between Lechmere on the Green Line and Harvard on the Red Line). I can't vet for its authenticity since I haven't had Quebecois poutine in eight years, but I liked it a lot (and it uses Canadian cheese curds).

The Gallows for gastropub-flare poutine would be next on my cheesy-gravy-fry striking list.

juju on
    [E]
  • Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    slaader wrote: »
    Well there are a few good restaurants by the convention center, but most of the best of Boston is going to need a quick T ride.

I'll stick to affordable and fun, but stay away from pizza or anything to generic...

My recommendations:

For Adventure!
    China Pearl (Chinese/Dim Sum - carts of food, bring a friend who speaks Chinese)

China Pearl is great, but I think Empire Garden is even better. It's just a bit further into Chinatown. It's located in an old theater, which is kind of neat to see. IIRC there was a PAX gettogether there last year.

And don't worry about knowing Chinese for either place. They'll push the carts past you and open things up so you can just point at what you want. You can ask "pork?" "shrimp?" to clarify what things are, and they know not to open up the scarier food trays for people who look like beginners.

Other Chinatown favorites (I work nearby):
    • Penang has excellent Singapore/Malaysia style Southeast Asian food. Killer curries and fried noodles there.
    • Pho Hoa is the best for Vietnamese. It's way better than the typically more crowded Pho Pasteur nearby.
    • Vinh Sun has good Chinese with a focus on barbecued stuff, but the main reason to go there are for their incredible "spicy salty" chicken wings.
    • 163 Vietnamese Sandwich on the corner of Harrison & Beach has the best banh mi Vietnamese sandwiches. There's like a dozen other places that sell them but those range from mediocre to horrible.

wonderpug on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I just don't know if I can agree with you for Empire Garden. I tend to choose Hei La Moon or China Pearl over Empire Garden in terms of quality of the food and selection. I'd have to agree that its a really awesome venue being in an old theater and it's an absolute MUST if you have a big party. Because of its size it accommodates large, PAX-sized parties super quick, and its canon selection of regular things at dim sum is fine, but if you're going for quality and variation, it's definitely not the best choice in Chinatown. Great and very accessible for first-timers (it's the first place I'd choose with a party of 8 or more) and the service isn't bad (better than Hei La Moon's if you don't speak Cantonese) but if you're looking for more variety in terms of seafood or quirky dim sum items, i'd look elsewhere.

I finally went to Drink tonight and I went straight for the soul-filled ginger beer, ordering a Dark and Stormy. Jesus, was I glad I did. Hit up an El Diablo after that one, and then realized my dinner-less stomach had to stop. The fact that this place is so close to the BCEC and PAX is filled with interesting people I'd want to grab drinks with makes my wallet scream in pain (but my heart absolutely sing).

juju on
    [E]
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I just don't know if I can agree with you for Empire Garden. I tend to choose Hei La Moon or China Pearl over Empire Garden in terms of quality of the food and selection. I'd have to agree that its a really awesome venue being in an old theater and it's an absolute MUST if you have a big party. Because of its size it accommodates large, PAX-sized parties super quick, and its canon selection of regular things at dim sum is fine, but if you're going for quality and variation, it's definitely not the best choice in Chinatown. Great and very accessible for first-timers (it's the first place I'd choose with a party of 8 or more) and the service isn't bad (better than Hei La Moon's if you don't speak Cantonese) but if you're looking for more variety in terms of seafood or quirky dim sum items, i'd look elsewhere.

I finally went to Drink tonight and I went straight for the soul-filled ginger beer, ordering a Dark and Stormy. Jesus, was I glad I did. Hit up an El Diablo after that one, and then realized my dinner-less stomach had to stop. The fact that this place is so close to the BCEC and PAX is filled with interesting people I'd want to grab drinks with makes my wallet scream in pain (but my heart absolutely sing).

I love Drink, it's just going to be impossible to get in during PAX as it'll be the weekend ...

arsonisfun on

Red B/Gold Professor

• Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I just don't know if I can agree with you for Empire Garden. I tend to choose Hei La Moon or China Pearl over Empire Garden in terms of quality of the food and selection.

I keep hearing that Hei La Moon is top notch, but every time I go there the top floor is overflowing and I end up getting seated in that basement area, and the carts down there seem to stick to just the basic stuff. Good basic stuff, but I like to see a variety of things come by.

wonderpug on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I don't think Hei La Moon is the best necessarily, and you have to go quite early to get any of the cool stuff (but what they do that's basic is pretty good). I've gotten pretty good Singaporean noodles there and a lot of their specialty things come around on trays. I've noted, though, that sitting upstairs gets you more of those tasty perks. Hei La Moon is also the worst place to get stuck if you go late, because I've had times where I've gone near the end of dim sum and it's next to near impossible to get things like shumai. China Pearl has a better selection in terms of quirky dishes because they have a food bar in the middle, usually loaded with seafood, that you have to go up to get food from. There really isn't any super exceptional dim sum downtown; most Cantonese people I know try to get me to come out to Quincy for it.

I also just came back from Vancouver where my extended family shoved Cantonese food down the hatch until I was pretty much screaming "uncle". The stuff you find out where there are large concentrations of Chinese people blows mainstream east coast Chinatown joints (especially Boston) out of the water :(

juju on
    [E]
  • Options
    PookiepooPookiepoo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    How is Rino's Place? I saw it on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives and it looked amazing.

Is it worth the trip out to the airport on the T?

Pookiepoo on
    Steam: Pookie GG Now Playing: BattleTech, Divinity Original Sin 2, MechWarrior 5
  • Options
    trinistandtrinistand Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Can't wait to see the Hitchhiker's guide (and maybe contribute) :P

trinistand on
  • Options
    purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Although I do not think it is located near PAX, Finale in the Theater district is awesome for anyone with a sweet tooth. They sell a few appetizers as your "meal" then offer incredible plated deserts that are impossible to describe.

For anyone looking for reviews of local restaurants I recommend the Phantom Gourmet's website. It is a local reviewer that I find to be pretty spot on with reviews. You can search for reviewed restaurants by neighborhood to find ones near PAX.

pureval on
  • Options
    xipetotecxipetotec Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I noticed on the BCEC iphone app, there are tweets about showing your badge at some restaurants for a discount. Is there an official list somewhere of restaurants that will give discounts for PAX attendees?

xipetotec on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    A gem if you don't mind ordering off a menu instead of carts is Winsor Dim Sum. It's a small place so it can get packed but worth it!

trinistand on
  • Options
    FoggyKnightFoggyKnight Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    ukiyo e wrote: »
    There's a Wagamama at Fanuel Hall. Decent menu, something for everyone, and it's very veggie friendly.
    Mamma Maria in the north end is fucking amazing.
    If you're looking for a cheap lunch option in the north end I highly recommend Galleria Umberto. It's an old school italian place that only serves lunch. When they run out of food, lunch service is over. They have good (not great) pizza and super greasy arancini that... oh man, getting hungry just thinking about it.
    If you like sushi, go to Ginza in chinatown. Everything is fresh, service is great, and they are the perfect "giant party, giant bill" type of place.

A side note: If you feel like taking a break from PAX on Friday or Saturday head to Haymarket and grab some fresh food to snack on for the rest of the weekend. It's near fanuel hall/the north end so there's plenty of restaurant options as well if you want to make a full meal trip out of it.

Wow, that sounds great. Might have to stop by and see if I can find some bananas or peppers to snack on.

FoggyKnight on
  • Options
    Sam ButlerSam Butler Minis coordinator Pax East, Minis Dept manager, Hobby Dept manager Pax Unplugged BostonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    for Late nite/Early morning noms there is also the south station diner. They are open 24/7 The food isn't fancy but it's good and plentiful.

Sam Butler on
  • Options
    lucazzolucazzo Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Sam Butler wrote: »
    for Late nite/Early morning noms there is also the south station diner. They are open 24/7 The food isn't fancy but it's good and plentiful.

I must note that finding a seat between 2-3:30am on a weekend may involve a good half hour wait.

lucazzo on
    PAX East '11 Team Squirtle Group B - Professor.
    PAX East '12 Team Totodile Gold - Professor
  • Options
    redshoepaulredshoepaul Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I noticed on the BCEC iphone app, there are tweets about showing your badge at some restaurants for a discount. Is there an official list somewhere of restaurants that will give discounts for PAX attendees?

There should be something listed in the programs hopefully. I'm sure Quincy Market will have some nice deals for all attending.

redshoepaul on
  • Options
    Goodfella2487Goodfella2487 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I went to Boston University for 4 years so I know of a million fantastic places to eat. My recommendations:

1. Boston Beer Works -- Right next to Fenway Park. http://www.beerworks.net/home/index.html
    2. Whiskey's -- Right across from the Prudential Center Mall. http://www.whiskeysboston.com/
    3. FuGaKyu -- Unbelievable Japanese cuisine in Brookline. http://www.fugakyu.net/
    4. Zaftigs Delicattessen -- Voted top 10 best deli in the United States, Brookline. http://www.zaftigs.com/
    5. Spike's Junkyard Dog -- Amazing chicken sandwiches served any way you like. http://www.spikesjunkyarddogs.com/
    6. Giovanni's -- North End Italian Food -- Incredible prices and very, very delicious. http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/4/52082/restaurant/North-End/Giovannis-Boston

And of course...

7. Mike's Pastries -- North End -- An American Classic. You will eat pastries fit for the gods at this place. Always crowded so get there early. http://www.mikespastry.com/

Goodfella2487 on
  • Options
    DocLoLidayDocLoLiday Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    Crazy Doughs is actually similar in quality, they have all kinds of toppings you could ever want on Pizza, and really cheap beer to boot. Also, if you end up way down the green line near Allston/Brookline, Pizzanini's is AMAZING.

I mostly frequent Copley Square, Allston, and Harvard Square, but the best places in those areas are:

The Pour House -good eats and drinks on the cheap! Recommend the Diablo BBQ steak tips. Located on Boylston St near Hynes Convention Center on the Green Line.

Soul Fire -In my opinion it's the best BBQ and soul food in the city. Tender delicious ribs and all their sauces are amazing. Also, their mac & cheese has CRUMBLED BBQ POTATO CHIPS ON TOP! Located on Harvard Ave in Allston, right off the Harvard stop on the B line after the Green line splits.

Charlie's Kitchen -Double burger! On the cheap! Decent beer selection and atmosphere in Harvard Square on the Red Line.

DocLoLiday on
  • Options
    Catastrophe_XXVICatastrophe_XXVI Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Fajitas and Ritas is an awesome joint for mexican food and booze for cheap. It's a couple blocks from the Park St. stop on the T. My GF and I go and get liters of margarita's for $8 and food cheap. It's not the best mexican but it's good and cheap.

Catastrophe_XXVI on
    PSN ID: Catastrophe_xxvi
    3DS FC: 5086-1134-6451
    Shiny Code: 3837
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I went to Boston University for 4 years so I know of a million fantastic places to eat. My recommendations:

1. Boston Beer Works -- Right next to Fenway Park. http://www.beerworks.net/home/index.html
    2. Whiskey's -- Right across from the Prudential Center Mall. http://www.whiskeysboston.com/
    3. FuGaKyu -- Unbelievable Japanese cuisine in Brookline. http://www.fugakyu.net/
    4. Zaftigs Delicattessen -- Voted top 10 best deli in the United States, Brookline. http://www.zaftigs.com/
    5. Spike's Junkyard Dog -- Amazing chicken sandwiches served any way you like. http://www.spikesjunkyarddogs.com/
    6. Giovanni's -- North End Italian Food -- Incredible prices and very, very delicious. http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/4/52082/restaurant/North-End/Giovannis-Boston

And of course...

7. Mike's Pastries -- North End -- An American Classic. You will eat pastries fit for the gods at this place. Always crowded so get there early. http://www.mikespastry.com/

The Beerworks by North Station is actually closer than the one in Fenway, but going down to check out the Fenway area is worth the trip IMO.

Fugakyu is pretty good, but I'd put Fish Market as better and cheaper, Oiishi as better and more expensive, and O Ya as best and most expensive. Ginza is a decent option for something close to PAX, plus they are open late on Fri/Sat.

Mike's is a good staple for italian pasteries, an alternative is Modern Pastery if Mike's is too out of control :D

As for the rest of your suggestions, spot on :D

arsonisfun on

Red B/Gold Professor

• Options
    LollerskateDJLollerskateDJ Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm surprised no one has said Men-Tei!!

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/4/53036/restaurant/Back-Bay/Men-Tei-Japanese-Noodle-Cafe-Boston

Take the Green line to Hynes and go towards the Hynes Convention Center, it's down a side street. I fell in love gyudon there <3 It's really affordable as well!

LollerskateDJ on
    PAX EAST 2012 Status: [X] Confirmed for East [X] Badges [X]Money
    PAX East 2012 Shape-a-thon--Team Twitter Spam [LITE] -- Thinspiration!
    OMG Follow me! @LollerskateDJ
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    You go to Mike's or Modern if you don't know about Bovas. Or if you just like grocery store quality baked goods ;)

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    You go to Mike's or Modern if you don't know about Bovas. Or if you just like grocery store quality baked goods ;)

There's also Caffe Vittoria and Maria's.

Allston/Brighton/Brookline has a wealth of sushi/japanese options (The hitchhiker's guide has most of what I know) including but not limited to:
    Ginza
    Genki Ya
    Ginga
    Gari
    Fugakyu
    Super Fusion
    Mr. Sushi
    Shiki
    Fish Market

And shameless plug for Korean Fried Chicken (KFC) in Allston : Bon-chon!

trinistand on