As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EAST] PC Freeplay - Help us decide on the games

2»

• Options
    Malchior DevenholmMalchior Devenholm Registered User new member
    edited January 2011
    TF 2
    LFD2
    SC 2
    Black Ops
    League of Legends
    And I would freaking love to play some Magicka with the PAX ppls

Also, the one line of Minecraft to create a super epic creation at the end of the convention is a kickass idea!

Malchior Devenholm on
  • Options
    RDubbRDubb Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It's probably a ridiculous suggestion, but I have yet to try out Minecraft, so perhaps some form of that, seeing as how the gamer community at large seemed to achieve geek sexual climax over the game in the past few months.

This has the potential for awesome. Just imagine what 60,000 people with a room full of PC's can create over a weekend. Someone should definitely set up a PAX server.

RDubb on
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    If you're going to suggest a singular PC for Minecraft, why not have a singular PC for Dwarf Fortress as well? It'll be like Boatmurdered, only the PAX East 2011 edition. :P

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    luceklucek Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    OK can we at least say mincraft is a bad option before notch fixes(again) multiplayer.

lucek on
  • Options
    hsofpn666hsofpn666 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The Oregon Trail

hsofpn666 on
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    lucek wrote: »
    OK can we at least say mincraft is a bad option before notch fixes(again) multiplayer.

I think most of us are talking about just running one machine with a single player game set up for everyone to take turns with. Then we get to see what comes of it at the end. I suggest screenshots being mandatory.

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    megaciamegacia Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oregon Trail / SC2 / X-Wing Alliance / Minecraft

megacia on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    UEAKCrash wrote: »

I think most of us are talking about just running one machine with a single player game set up for everyone to take turns with. Then we get to see what comes of it at the end. I suggest screenshots being mandatory.

Pretty sure it would just be a smoking hole in the ground at the end of pax :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    baddmanbaddman Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Starcraft 2
    Starcraft: Brood War
    <_<
    >_>
    Syndicate Wars <3

baddman on
  • Options
    FrontalMonkFrontalMonk Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    BigRed wrote: »
    UEAKCrash wrote: »

Pretty sure it would just be a smoking hole in the ground at the end of pax :P

Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster. Going to my first PAX in march, and didn't even _know_ there was a PC freeplay area, but this sounds awesome.

I think it'd actually be pretty epic to either have a SP minecraft setup or a SMP server. Especially if there's a SP minecraft setup I think it should be possible to have that world up for download after PAX East ends, so anyone who played on the Minecraft map (or who wanted to) can see the finished product.

FrontalMonk on
  • Options
    thr4sherthr4sher Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    TF2, monday night combat, black ops, bad company 2, Starcraft 2

thr4sher on
  • Options
    redshoepaulredshoepaul Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    What upset me was last year at the PC freeplay there was literally hundreds of computers and only about 6-7 other people in there beside from me and my crew. When our time was up we were asked to leave, then walk back in if we wanted to play more. Why not just let us play if there are hundreds of computers still open?

I think all the heavy hitters like last year should be added again. I had no problem playing L4D2 my time I was there.

redshoepaul on
  • Options
    diecastbeatdowndiecastbeatdown Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    L4D2, BFBC2, TF2

diecastbeatdown on
  • Options
    theantipoptheantipop Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'd like to see Magicka and Minecraft as well.

And MNC. Played the demo but would love to try out some MP.

theantipop on
  • Options
    Tichinde925Tichinde925 Registered User regular
    I too would also like to nominate Unreal Tournament 2004.

• Options
    benswimmingbenswimming PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I too would also like to nominate Unreal Tournament 2004.

You just bumped a thread from 2011. I was wondering why everyone was suggesting older versions of games lol.

PAX EAST 2011 Omeganaut
    Twitter: sweeneyben
    XBL: Disco Ball
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    Please refrain from bumping old topics.

E6LkoFK.png

This discussion has been closed.