As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Trust in [chat], stroke [chat]

• Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Time for lunchamunchas. But what to eat? Seattle has so much to choose from.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Also the advice I offer to anyone who's ever like "she has a boyfriend, but man she's really great and funny and blah blah":

in six months or so, you are probably going to be the boyfriend, with the exact same thing happening.

Yeah. I know this other chick. I would straight up tell her "listen, I'm not going to be in a relationship with you. If you want to hang out and go on dates and stuff, that's cool. But I don't want anything more than that" and I think she would be down. But all I really want is a long-distance relationship.

Cue anoraak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOmH_nx0WwE

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Passerbye wrote: »

Go down the aquarium and tell the guy showing the little kids to tide pool exhibit you'll take 4lbs of crab.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm thinking about doing a credit freeze since so much was in my wallet when i lost it. SS card, driver's license, badge for work. My main credit and debit cards were not in my wallet, so I don't need to nuke those accounts and get new ones.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Organichu wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    I'd be more okay with your sig pic, Organichu, if he actually looked like a badass rather than a muscled high school shop teacher

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3_f-Jgblqk

This video is further proof that Frank Mir is an asshole. Held that for way too long. Herb Dean is a great judge and it isn't like he's going to call a match like that without reason.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Dwight wearing the three wolf moon shirt was the absolute shining moment of the office for me

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Elendil wrote: »
    assassin's creed 2 is a long-ass game
    Long-ass and awesome.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.

One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.

The other, of course, involves orcs.

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

Go down the aquarium and tell the guy showing the little kids to tide pool exhibit you'll take 4lbs of crab.

I can just walk to Pike Market for that, it's closer.

Also, eeew, children.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Toilet removed, awful rotted flooring cut out. And some subfloor. Tomorrow I buy wood.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.

One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.

2002 called they want their cliche back

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Also, eeew, children.

Yeah children are pretty bad.

I've never been able to bring myself to eat at Pike's market.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Wait, how is LotR life-changing?

Eddy on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Also, eeew, children.

Why? During the weekdays it's lovely. Great food selection, reasonable prices for lots of things, locally sourced items. It's cool beans.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

2002 called they want their cliche back

An era gets the cliches it needs, not the cliches it wants

Also

http://www.atlassociety.org/atlas-shrugged-movie-atlas-society

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Also, eeew, children.

Why? During the weekdays it's lovely. Great food selection, reasonable prices for lots of things, locally sourced items. It's cool beans.

I have a hard time being around really tight crowds and I'm paranoid about food poisoning.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    When I was 16 my then-girlfriend won a prize for an essay she submitted to the ayn rand institute. I had previously gifted her a copy of AS for her birthday.

kind of explains a lot about who I am today

(a complete douchebag)

Eddy on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    That this movie could represent the end of modern civilization as we know it is not entirely outside the realm of possibility.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Wait, how is LotR life-changing?

It sticks with a lot of people. Have you met Elendil?

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    When I was 16 my then-girlfriend won a prize for an essay she submitted to the ayn rand institute. I had previously gifted her a copy of AS for her birthday.

(a complete douchebag)

I always wanted to write a long rant about why the book is horrible for one of those contests.

Couscous on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

(a complete douchebag)

you ruined a young life

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Also, eeew, children.

I have a hard time being around really tight crowds and I'm paranoid about food poisoning.

I can't stand crowds either, there are no crowds during the weekdays. Seriously, it's all just locals in small groups. The weekend is when the place is terrifying. I've also gone there frequently, at minimum every two weeks, at max three times a week, since moving to Seattle almost two years ago; haven't gotten food poisoning yet.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    The idea of an Atlas Shrugged movie has me cackling. Either it gets hollywooded and we get to hear a the cries of a million pathetic randians as their bible gets turned into an action movie, or the general public gets to see an honest interpretation of the book and comes away knowing its an ideology based entirely on trying to justify being an evil shit.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm sure the number of people who will see that film over here is very close to 0.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    The idea of an Atlas Shrugged movie has me cackling. Either it gets hollywooded and we get to hear a the cries of a million pathetic randians as their bible gets turned into an action movie, or the general public gets to see an honest interpretation of the book and comes away knowing its an ideology based entirely on trying to justify being an evil shit.

The worst possibility, and in my head the most likely is that the latter happens (honest interpretation) and that the vast majority of America loves it, because everyone likes to think of themselves as rich, smart, and having pulled themselves up by their own bootstraps.

I mean, look at the Tea Party.

Eddy on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Based on IMDB, I think it's going to be C) Releases straight to DVD and no one ever watches this turd. It has a budget of 15 mil and a cast of minor TV actors

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    i get so depressed about my weight

Organichu on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm not turning off AC2 when I'm not playing because it periodically gives me $Texas

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

The worst possibility, and in my head the most likely is that the latter happens (honest interpretation) and that the vast majority of America loves it, because everyone likes to think of themselves as rich, smart, and having pulled themselves up by their own bootstraps.

When people agree with the "greed is good" speech in that one movie, you know that the world is filled with smug assholes.

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Couscous wrote: »

When people agree with the "greed is good" speech in that one movie, you know that the world is filled with smug assholes.

Yeah the day the world decides Atlas Shrugged is a good ideology to live by is the day I just give up.

I find it uncomfortable that hard core objectivism places me in alliances with the religious.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Wait, they're making an Atlas Shrugged movie?

Passerbye on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It doesn't really matter too much either way.

Objectivism has a comfortable place among the folk who run this country.

Cinders on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Look, granny panties don't flatter any ass type. Get yourself some boy shorts or a nice thong.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Elendil wrote: »
    I'm not turning off AC2 when I'm not playing because it periodically gives me $Texas

Which you can use to buy useless weapons and armor. Assassin's dagger and whatever armor happens to be lying around for life.

Couscous on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Wait, they're making an Atlas Shrugged movie?

Most likely a FOX production.

--

Man the more I look into administrative assistant jobs the more I'm convinced that I wasn't really an administrative assistant. More like a junior administrator or something. Hell the guy was hoping I'd be his replacement.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Look, granny panties don't flatter any ass type. Get yourself some boy shorts or a nice thong.

it's not even that i don't like the way i look

it's that sometimes my craving for shit food is indescribably intense and, in talking myself out of indulging, i legitimately think "i'd rather die than get fat again"

like, the concept of going back to 300 lbs makes me mildly suicidal

Organichu on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    sometimes I think I'm good at programming pads and mixing tom toms

and then I listen to this song and weep

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEyo3hDbjk0

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    When I first read Atlas Shrugged, I thought it was just commentary on the Cold War (Ayn Rand came from the shithole that was post 1917 Russia straight to Manhattan, after all). And that viewpoint was reasonable for someone in that context to hold (gat damn commies, etc etc).

I just didn't know she would turn it into some kind of manifesto

Eddy on
This discussion has been closed.