Options

Harry Potter actor poses naked

13»

• Options
    TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    There in a lot less danger of being typecast than most people because they are going to change so much over the course of the series. People are going to think of the earlier few movies when they think of Herminone rather than the odd few scenes where she is more grown up and hot.

For some reason I see her ending up doing a ton of awful kid's films though, no idea why.

Tastyfish on
  • Options
    ThaiboxerThaiboxer Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I can't find the page with the joke about all Harry Potter fans like doing horses or something. What page is it on?

Thaiboxer on
    Playing WoW "only when you are bored" is like smoking "only when you are drinking".
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    For anyone interested, there are a few promotional pics (shirtless but otherwise safe for work) over here.

Radcliffe is in disturbingly good shape for someone that young.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    FinalGamerFinalGamer Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    ElJeffe wrote:
    I think it's smart of him to try to break out of his typecasting prior to the end of his run as Harry.

As far as outcry, I think the sort of people who are going to be that upset by it are the sort who already think that Harry Potter is the devil and teaches kids to use dark magicks.
    I say the same thing. I'm glad Radcliffe is trying other roles. Though he has done other roles as well. He did a great performance in an adaptation of David Copperfield on TV, and as a hornier mummy boy's version of himself in Extras.

FinalGamer on
    "Videogames are bad for you? That's what they said about rock 'n' roll." - Shigeru Miyamoto
    dancingmagels1.gif
    Attack
    Magic > Breakdance 2
    Item
    Flee
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    mcdermott wrote:
    Andrew_Jay wrote:
    I think he's always considered stage acting his first love and real career, so probably isn't too concerned about how he's perceived in his film work.

Oh, I agree. I basically think of him as a stage actor as well, who happened to have a couple notable roles on-screen. I always thought he seemed a bit overqualified for Star Trek...but I don't think he or the show suffered for it. I don't think stage actors have to deal with the same level of typecasting bullshit as TV/movie actors.

I will say it must be nice as a stage actor to have all that Star Trek and X-Men money to pay the bills.

He was in a limited run fo a Christmas Carol a few yeasrs back. I'd have liked to see him as Scrooge

They made a film version with him as Scrooge. It's suppose to be one of the better adaptations.

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • Options
    Low KeyLow Key Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Does he play everyone? Or just Scrooge?

Low Key on
  • Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    mcdermott wrote:
    Andrew_Jay wrote:
    I think he's always considered stage acting his first love and real career, so probably isn't too concerned about how he's perceived in his film work.

Oh, I agree. I basically think of him as a stage actor as well, who happened to have a couple notable roles on-screen. I always thought he seemed a bit overqualified for Star Trek...but I don't think he or the show suffered for it. I don't think stage actors have to deal with the same level of typecasting bullshit as TV/movie actors.

I will say it must be nice as a stage actor to have all that Star Trek and X-Men money to pay the bills.

He was in a limited run fo a Christmas Carol a few yeasrs back. I'd have liked to see him as Scrooge

They made a film version with him as Scrooge. It's suppose to be one of the better adaptations.

I have it.

It's awesome.

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • Options
    Si SenorSi Senor Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    If I had a monocle I'm fairly sure it would have fallen in my drink when I saw "Driving lessons". Rupert Grint in a film with swearing and sex! :shock:
    But I suppose they have to grow up, and boy are they growing up! First, Grint gets Driving lessons, now Radcliffe does this! I can't wait to see where Emma Watson goes :twisted:

driving lessons was awesome. surprisingly good, if you ask me. not your usual ITV pasteurised shit.

Si Senor on
    sigging2.jpg
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Andrew_Jay wrote:
    mcdermott wrote:
    I'm not saying he isn't successful, or isn't a good actor. And I know he's done some stage acting as well (and been successful there). It just seems that like pretty much any other Star Trek actor, there isn't much use for him on the screen except as basically-himself or as Picard-but-not. Not his fault, mind you...it's the audience's.

What he said.

Damn the beat'dness.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    AsumaAsuma Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    mcdermott wrote:
    Andrew_Jay wrote:

He was glorious in Christmas Carol. If he does it again, do whatever it takes to get tickets. Even if you have to kill.

Asuma on
    "Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right, you meet the same idiots coming around from the left." -- Clint Eastwood ***
This discussion has been closed.