As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Ghost Trick] From the creator of Phoenix Wright (coming to iOS devices!)

ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
edited February 2012 in Games and Technology
Ghost_Trick.jpg

You're dead. Not sure how, not sure why. But thems the breaks. The thing is, despite being dead you still have some work to do. Not only do you need to solve your own murder, but you need to help others from facing their own gruesome fates. Luckily you have some abilities to help you do that. You have the ability to possess inanimate objects and perform "Ghost Tricks", to manipulate them.

To say the least, it has its benefits
35af582f24d634b347fd5411514dbff1.jpg?v=180000

The release on this one snuck up fast on a lot of us. It comes out next tuesday on 1/11/11.

For a bit more info check out the Ghost Trick Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pn5JcBt5bQ

Or even the playable flash demo. You can also get the demo from the ds demo channel on your wii.

Sterica on

• Options
    BTPBTP Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    And now for something unexpected!

gt-colors.jpg

BTP on
    Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection & DS High Scores Thread
    I WILL NOT BE DOING 3DS FOR NWC THREAD. SOMEONE ELSE WILL HAVE TO TAKE OVER.
    Spoiler contains Friend Codes. Won't you be my friend?
    My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!
    Mario Kart Wii: 3136-6982-0286 Tetris Party: 2364 1569 4310
    Guitar Hero: Metallica: 1032 7229 7191
    TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM: 1935-2070-9123

Nintendo DS:
    Worms: Open Warfare 2: 1418-7870-1606 Space Bust-a-Move: 017398 403043
    Scribblenauts: 1290-7509-5558
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The Phoenix Wright stuff quickly lost interest for me with the way the "puzzles" were often set up, but this looks really awesome. Plus, a Dr. McNinja comic! How can it not be great?

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    This game looks so awesome. I didn't even realize it was coming so soon.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Multiple threads won't help with how off the radar this is.

That said it has got it's own page and news story on the official Nintendo Europe site. And apparently the world of webcomics is aware of its coming. Are they from some official publicity thing or did the Dr McNinja author just decide the game needed more exposure?

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Multiple threads won't help with how off the radar this is.

That one was quite old and I figured this game deserves more of an "Official Thread" :P

Zerokku on
  • Options
    G0DG0D Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Read the thread title, didn't know anything of this game.

Immediate though: Paranormal Prostitution

G0D on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hope this has half the charm of a PW game, if so it will be assimilated into my collection very quickly

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Hope this has half the charm of a PW game, if so it will be assimilated into my collection very quickly

Just judging from the demo, it most definitely does.

Zerokku on
  • Options
    IllieasIllieas Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    on topic so hyped for teh game. next week can't come sooner

Illieas on
  • Options
    TertieeTertiee Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I feel kind of sad this isn't being published by Atlus. I've been spoiled by their pre-order bonuses, all Amazon is offering is a digital copy of the soundtrack.

Tertiee on
  • Options
    JintorJintor Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So hyped

So hyped

Jintor on
  • Options
    TimestonesTimestones Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Guys? GUYS.

This comes out on my birthday.

Happy Birthday to me indeed. :O

Timestones on
  • Options
    SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Tertiee wrote: »
    I feel kind of sad this isn't being published by Atlus. I've been spoiled by their pre-order bonuses, all Amazon is offering is a digital copy of the soundtrack.
    Shit, when'd they introduce that? I've had this fucker ordered since april or thereabouts and don't recall seeing anything like that.

Sorenson on
  • Options
    CygnusZCygnusZ Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I played this game last summer and I can confirm it's a gem of a game. The writing, characters, art and scenario are all excellent. I have two complaints:

1) When you game over you need to repeat the same segments over and over again. I wasn't a fan of this.
    2) The game is pretty short. Don't go in expecting PW length.

CygnusZ on
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Crap. Number two there is exactly what I was worried about. Are there at least a lot of different things to check out in the timespan of the game? I can totally live with a game that's a couple hours long if there's enough there to play the game 3-4 times to find out everything.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I think the game was around 12 or so hours.

CygnusZ on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    12 hours seems like plenty of time, provided it's mostly actual playing instead of the 90% talk and obtuse puzzles from the Phoenix Wright games.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Sorenson wrote: »
    Tertiee wrote: »
    Shit, when'd they introduce that? I've had this fucker ordered since april or thereabouts and don't recall seeing anything like that.

Not sure, I just saw someone post about it on CAG today.

Tertiee on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    12 hours seems like plenty of time, provided it's mostly actual playing instead of the 90% talk and obtuse puzzles from the Phoenix Wright games.
    12 hours is also about what it takes to get through the story of your typical Professor Layton game, too. I'm not too worried about feeling shortchanged or anything with these sorts of games.

Sorenson on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I can't remember completely clearly, but I'm pretty sure each puzzles sequence takes less than 15 mins to clear. So, maybe around four hours of the game is spent in puzzle sequences which have plenty of reading in and of themselves.

CygnusZ on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    If it's 12 hours of unique gameplay, that's fine. If a chunk of that 12 hours is me repeating the same shit over and over because there's a hard deadline to win...not a good thing.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    There's no time limit. It's just annoying when you have to redo a section of the puzzle over and over.

CygnusZ on
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm kind of impressed the UK gets this simultaneously for once.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    What I've seen of this game looks really cool. I'm definitely going to get it.

Peewi on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Awwwwwright, my boss is working on getting me review copy. Suh-weet.

Jintor on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    What's that ETA on that review then?

Tertiee on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I don't even go back to work until January 10th, so... :D

I work offline so you can't have the review but assuming I don't get NDA'd I'll post some impressions. The demo back at TGS (I think it's the flash demo up on the site though) was masterfully translated though.

Jintor on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I just noticed that there's a demo available for this on the Nintendo Channel. It's pretty good.

Peewi on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    This is actually on the Nintendo of Australia site, which is a good sign (even if it says TBA). Even the new Pokemon games aren't up yet.

Can't wait to try it out.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I need to put my DS to work. I will pick this up tomorrow and possibly Kingdom Hearts if it doesn't suck.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    11012011145.jpg

Jintor on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So apparantly this actually comes out in two days in Australia! Colour me surprised and excited.

And annoyed at Nintendo Australia's website because it still says 'coming soon'.

EDIT: So jealous, Jintor.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    It's great, I can finish a chapter on the way up to work and another on the way back. Perfectly timed.

Jintor on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Grah, it's still being prepped for shipment. :( The 14th can't get here fast enough.

Sorenson on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I approve of the new OP. Unfortunately, this releases the same day as Prinny 2. :(

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Can't wait to pick this up tomorrow. I haven't had an excuse to break out the DS in awhile, this seems like the perfect one...

Hyperion on
    XBL: Jhnny Cash PSN: Jhnny_Cash Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/hypephb 3DS: 0619-4582-9630 Nintendo Network ID: DBrickashaw
    You might know me as D'Brickashaw on Steam.
  • Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I ordered the pack from the Capcom store with a copy of PW1. If it comes complete with box and everything, I'll have all the AA games!

I also ordered a pack of the Dead Rising 2 cards, because why not?

They shipped it out today, hopefully will get it soonish.

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    VitoVito Registered User new member
    edited January 2011
    I know what you mean there. My DS has been collecting dust since i beat Chrono Trigger for the 100th time.. lol. I want to use it, but haven't had a good reason to lately.

Vito on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Vito wrote: »
    I know what you mean there. My DS has been collecting dust since i beat Chrono Trigger for the 100th time.. lol. I want to use it, but haven't had a good reason to lately.

Coincidentally, I'm picking it back up for some things so here is what I recommend. This is my exact backlog I've been going through.

Mega Man Zero Collection: All GBA games 1 through 4. They tell the story 100 years after Mega Man X finally dies (or something.) Humans are on the wrong side of things and Zero serves Reploids who awaken him.

Mega Man ZX - 100 years after Zero finally dies (or something.) You play as a human, who suddenly picks up talking armor that makes he or she transform into a familiar looking blue guy and a familiar looking red bishie...

Knights in the Knightmare: You got your danmaku in my SRPG and now they taste better. It has very in depth tutorials at the title screen, so it doesn't interfere with the story, and then, if you get it to click, it sucks you in with awesomeness.

(For some reason, no Gamestop on earth has the boxart for that. Does anyone know where I can get a scan? I didn't know weaboo Atlus SRPG fans were so irresponsible. Perhaps the game look cool to lots of kids?)

Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks: This is THE cure for if LoZ is getting stale in your eyes. I burned out after Twilight Princess and almost skipped out on this. I was damn wrong. It handles like a 2-D Zelda played completely with a stylus and it works. So bonus points if you like Link to the Past. Certain dungeons are absolutely brutal though. I basically Youtube'd the entire final dungeon.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Hyperion wrote: »
    Can't wait to pick this up tomorrow. I haven't had an excuse to break out the DS in awhile, this seems like the perfect one...

999 is also good i hear

It's not available in Australia yet though apparently?

Jintor on