As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

DVD Playback problem with HP BD drive

Niceguyeddie616Niceguyeddie616 All you feed me is PUFFINS!I need NOURISHMENT!Registered User regular
edited January 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey again everybody, got a little technical problem with no clue where to go with it

I recently got Outlaw Star complete collection for Christmas this year. Awesome, one of my favorite sci fi anime stuffs ever. Played the first episode on the first disc in my HP BD drive (model I believe is an HP BD240), and after the first episode ended, I get a black screen, blinking drive lights, and then it quits back to PowerDVD. Ummm, what the hell? This thing has played a ton of blu rays and other DVDs this week with no problems at all. Any clue what I can do to solve the problem?

Also, I should note that the Outlaw Star release I have is actually a reprint of the 2002 DVD release, and I learned after playing it in another player that it quits back to the menu after playing an episode. Is it possible the drive just didn't like the way the menu worked or something?

Niceguyeddie616 on