Options

[WOW] I don't wanna [CHAT] I wanna tank LFD all day.

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I think it's sever dependent, to some extent, but mostly people don't like healing right now while it's so stressful.

Thankfully, my guild doesn't need healers right now, so I've actually gone shadow for our heroic runs. This is after 4+ years of healing.

I mean, for priests they added a mechanic to make healing fun/interesting again (atonement, which is basically a combo system) and then said: Welp, have fun trying to use this in any fight that matters.

So good healers are being sucked up by guilds, and bad healers are using LFG. Well, maybe not bad healers, but masochistic ones.

belligerent on
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Mutilate wrote: »
    SkyCaptain wrote: »
    Started leveling on a pvp server. Almost level twenty and still no pvp. I am disappointed.

The PVP on PVP servers happens in battlegrounds, just like PVE servers. In the open world you just get ganked by bored level 85's. :(

Last night while leveling my little 80 Rogue in Hyjal, two 85 Alliance showed up in my quest area. As I prepared to bend over for my impending rape, I was pleasantly surprised that they completely left me alone. They even helped kill a few of my quest mobs for me.

There were about 2 or three other random 80ish Horde running around, they could have had a field day, but they left everyone alone.

I'm still a little shocked.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    so quick question - is anybody else out there having problems finding healers to recruit?

Launched a guild toward the end of wrath, geared up for Cata and IMO we have a great group of PvE and PvP players. But we're being held back right now because we only have a handful of healers and if they're not on we can't do diddly.

And it seems trade chat on our server is full of "guild looking for healers!" "Rated BG team looking for healer!" "heroics looking for healer!"

Yes. My Crew is in DESPERATE need of healers. We have 2 People that can heal in heroics right now, and one of those people is the other Tank. The other healer I never raided with in Wrath, he was never on when we were. But he's been playing quite a bit lately with us.

In wrath we used 2 Priests for ICC 98% of the time. One of them will only level his Priest when his Rogue girlfriend is online, and her computer blew up at the start of Cata so they are only like 82. The other Priest has had computer troubles ever since he hit 85, crashing all the time. He is going to install Windows 7 tomorrow and see if that fixes the problem. I really hope it does because my god I miss him.

So if Windows 7 fixes a priests computer we will have 1-2 healers to raid with. I have 4 more achievements for my Glory drake, and I've been thinking about trying to get a healer from /2 to go with us as a ploy to recruit him.

Also, our Realm forum is littered with "<Guild> Recruiting Healers"

Buddies on
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    CasedOut wrote: »
    CasedOut wrote: »
    I have not seen a lot of real world pvp on any server I have leveld on since Vanilla. I also do not initiate it so that has something to do with it I am sure.

There is your problem, you gotta have the motto "if its red its dead"

I attack any alliance I ever see on site immediately.

Meh. When I quest I just want to get in and out and keep moving. World PVP is an interuption to my flow so I don't seek it out. If I want to PVP I just queue for BG's.

Then why bother being on a pvp server lol? Also you cant complain about never seeing world pvp if you dont initiate it when given the chance.

I have just always rolled on PVP servers since that's where my friends rolled. Really PVP and PVE servers are not that far removed frome each other anymore. Hhonest to goodness real open world PVP is dead and it's by Blizzard's own design. Also I was not the one complaining about lack of PVP on a PVP server. I was just replying to SkyCaptain ;)

Really at this point the entire notion of pvp servers is dumb. This coming from a guy who in vanilla never would have even considered a pve server.

The majority of the pvp servers out there have one faction or the other vastly outnumbering their opposition. And even then the vast majority of pvp revolves around people ganking lower leveled players they know they can't lose to.

In Vanilla, it wasn't so bad on pvp servers; mainly because itemisation wasn't so good.

I remember a level 60 druid (I could tell it was raiding gear) tried to gank me and a friend in STV when we were 31-32. We turned it around, and nearly got him, at which point a level 60 paladin came along in the same guild as the druid and healed him up. Then 2 other mid level 30's saw us and the fight continued (we lost, but can't win them all).

But TBC / WotLK / Cat, anything not at, or near the level cap, is just an insect you can pretty much swat. Low levels don't really have much of a chance.

re; recruiting healers. The new healing system we have now must have put off a fair few healers who played in previous expansions, and ignoring the arguement about whether this new healing system is better or not, I honestly can't think that this new system would appeal to anyone who hasn't healed before.

Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    Started leveling on a pvp server. Almost level twenty and still no pvp. I am disappointed.

The PVP on PVP servers happens in battlegrounds, just like PVE servers. In the open world you just get ganked by bored level 85's. :(

Last night while leveling my little 80 Rogue in Hyjal, two 85 Alliance showed up in my quest area. As I prepared to bend over for my impending rape, I was pleasantly surprised that they completely left me alone. They even helped kill a few of my quest mobs for me.

There were about 2 or three other random 80ish Horde running around, they could have had a field day, but they left everyone alone.

Man, I wish this was my server. When I was questing in Hyjal we had asshole Horde flagged at all the major quest hubs trying to get people to accidentally AOE them so they could grief them over and over.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I know the resto shaman in our guild says that he has hated healing since 4.0 (ie. before even having to deal with Cata Heroics). He's the only max level resto shaman we have, so I don't really know what changed about them that he hates so much, but he's been playing his priest and paladin a whole lot more since 4.0.

Lars on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Lars wrote: »
    I know the resto shaman in our guild says that he has hated healing since 4.0 (ie. before even having to deal with Cata Heroics). He's the only max level resto shaman we have, so I don't really know what changed about them that he hates so much, but he's been playing his priest and paladin a whole lot more since 4.0.

Yeah I've not enjoyed healing as a resto shaman (can probably add resto druids to that) either.

I think things are starting to come about that something still isn't quite right for resto shaman pve wise (I suspect if it weren't for mana tide, you'd not see them in the cutting edge raid compositions).

Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    MutilateMutilate Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

I have been playing resto Shaman since vanilla and have always enjoyed it. My main was a Druid in wrath though and my Shaman sat on the shelf at 70 until late summer/fall last year. When I came back I have to say I missed shaman healing. It is the most satisfying healing class I have ever played and I think they did a good job with them in 4.0. Shaman have a lot of tools and can work well for group or tank healing.

Mutilate on
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    A great post on Reddit the other day showed both of these. A guild officer was wondering what they should do about one of their guild members (in his 20s) overtly flirting and hitting on a girl in the guild known to be 14.

I had a similar kind of thing going on in my old guild during Wrath. Confirmed 14-year-old girl (and absolutely shitty priest whose raid spot I almost immediately took over) who loved to flirt, her 15-year-old ex-"boyfriend" (who was less "boyfriend" and more "doormat who spoils her without even getting into the ballpark, much less taking a base, in return"), and a hella creepy nearly-30 guy who was more than eager to return her flirting and bent over backwards to do anything for her, even going so far as to ragequit the guild for a short while when someone in our raid refused to hand over some badass high-ilvl BoE cloth epic that dropped in ICC10 so he could give it to the girl, despite the fact that she was almost never on, and didn't raid with us when she was.

I have been playing resto Shaman since vanilla and have always enjoyed it. My main was a Druid in wrath though and my Shaman sat on the shelf at 70 until late summer/fall last year. When I came back I have to say I missed shaman healing. It is the most satisfying healing class I have ever played and I think they did a good job with them in 4.0. Shaman have a lot of tools and can work well for group or tank healing.
    Our Resto Shaman is utterly convinced he is incapable of tank healing, and cries and pitches a fit trying to take my "easy" spot in healing the DPS pew pewing Rohash in Throne of the Four Winds, despite the fact that when he tried, he not only had a tough time keeping himself and the Hunter up, but almost immediately died after Rohash's Ultimate attack from fall damage.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Resto Shammy is not the best tank healer but they are more than capable. Especially if there is not a lot of splash damage and you can fall into a good riptide>healing wave rotation.

Mutilate on
  • Options
    SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    They should implement a Yes / No vote when you log in that pops up one name and you click yes or no to vote on whether or not it should be allowed. :mrgreen: Any name that garners 51% or more no votes is added to the global blacklist automatically.

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • Options
    RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I love shaman healing. I was healing with a Resto Druid and Holy Paladin last night in our raid, for most of the attempts I was either out healing them, or close to it with mana to spare. I love it 5 man dungeons too I have little to no problems even pugging with crappy tanks.

In WotLK Shaman didn't have to worry about mp5 even a little bit, now if we don't have spirit we may as well not even show up. Also haste isn't as great as it once was. I've been stacking crit over haste this expansion and I haven't missed haste. I'm also stacking int more so than I ever have, I know it isn't a ton, but I was sitting at 104k mana last night in our raid. In previous expansions I was always on the low end of the mana pool, now I'm on the higher end in my groups.

RedDawn on
  • Options
    AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Leveling my goblin shaman through Outland is like stapling my nuts to a door.

I zoned into Nagrand and picked up quests in Garadar and Nesingwary's. I open my quest tracker to this:
    WoWScrnShot_010511_171654.jpg

Ye Gods!

Automaticzen on
    http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ah Vashj'ir. Full of mystery and scenic depths under the rocks and ferns of the deep oceans, sweeping majestic structures and long forgotten cities lay undisturbed. Beautiful..natural....rock formations?

whenyouseeitm.jpg

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So my ultimatum to raid with my IRL friends and longtime Vanilla friends is either:

Roll a resto shaman
    or
    GTFO

Since they have 4 Paladins (2 of whom are FotM rerollers) and 1 Death Knight.

There are few things I care less about than drama/politics, so like, later dudes and good luck in them raids. But man, that sucks, why does nobody want Death Knights?

Walt on
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

I zoned into Nagrand and picked up quests in Garadar and Nesingwary's. I open my quest tracker to this:

Ye Gods!

Nagrand is probably the best zone in outlands if you do it correctly. Not as much running around as the other zones just loop through it and boom your half a level to wrath.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Last night we almost downed omni on our first attempt. Sooo close. We got it later on as we had some people get loose after that first attempt I think. The key to that fight is to interrupt Arc Golem and your gravy. We had myself (Prot Warrior) and a Ehance Shammy on him from activation to 0 power. Other than that just avoid adds and swap targets. Its the easiest fight we have done.

Afterwards we did Mal and he is much tougher but pretty simplistic. The AOE didnt seem all that horrible its just doing the adds correctly. Couple tips for Maloriak from last night. Assign interrupts and have a backup. I was on arcane storm and we had an arms warrior on the adds interrupt. He sometimes casts the adds right after he does storm so we had a few accidental interrupts when people where spamming interrupts on arcane storm. Also dont try to 3 tank him. It doesnt work at all :)

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Ye Gods!

damn-quests.jpg

I share your pain.

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Wavechaser wrote: »

Man, I wish this was my server. When I was questing in Hyjal we had asshole Horde flagged at all the major quest hubs trying to get people to accidentally AOE them so they could grief them over and over.

They're idiots.

If they're flagged and you aren't (i.e. you're on a PvE server or in a non-contested zone) your AoEs won't hit them.

Oats on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    sim wrote: »
    Dear Rogues, most rogues I've played with have been awesome this xpac. Sap/blind/kick etc...great job guys! Carry on =)

I'd have to imagine that's because the few that are left are good players who understand and love being a rogue, versus the crowd of people who rolled rogue because they were one hitting everybody for a few weeks.

Yeah I was a rogue in vanilla and the start of bc and rerolled one because I missed the thrill of it. Its fun to be able to use sap again, and be useful in general. Hell its nice to be able to use gouge as an extra interrupt if neccessary.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    JadedJaded Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    sim wrote: »
    Dear Shamans, check your spellbook for bind elemental. Yes, you can bind and hex two things at the same time (even you enhance shaman). Resto shamans - your hit rate sucks, cc what/when you can - love you guys.

Dear Tanks.
    I have no issue Hexing a Humaniod and Binding an Elemental... however you need to allow me some extra time to pull both these feats off! If I get my hex off and then you charge the group and TC / DND / Consecrate all over the elemental I just bound I will not be sympathetic when you yell "WTF WHERE IS CC?"

Love,
    A resto / elemental shaman

Jaded on
    I can't think of anything clever.
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Ye Gods!

damn-quests.jpg

I share your pain.

Yeah, I didn't realize how bad the BC content was until I did the new vanilla stuff. On the bright side, I can fly. Alleviates some of the pain.

Automaticzen on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    BC has killed my desire to play my warrior. It was going so well too :(

Mutilate on
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Raiding in pre-patch BURNING CRUSADE almost eliminated Rogues as a class in WOW and I still don't think they've recovered. I haven't seen class census figures in a while, where do Rogues stand in the overall WOW population ?

Fairchild on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Dear CCers,

Don't wait until mobs get to me on a ranged/LoS pull to CC and then complain when I inevitably break it while tanking with my AoE abilities. Also, stop waiting until after the CCed mob breaks out of your CC before you reCC. Set it as your focus and watch, it's not difficult.

Love,
    That good tank you sometimes get in your LFD queue

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, I didn't realize how bad the BC content was until I did the new vanilla stuff. On the bright side, I can fly. Alleviates some of the pain.
    And yet, at the time, TBC questing was a ginormous improvement over plain old WOW. Funny how perceptions shift, eh ? You're right, it's time for them to upgrade Outland to bring its zone design into line with modern Azeroth thinking.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php?serverid=-1&factionid=-1&minlevel=10&maxlevel=85&servertypeid=2

Classes in order of popularity between levels 10 and 85:
    Paladin 13%
    Druid 12%
    Death Knight 11%
    Warrior 11%
    Mage 11%
    Hunter 10%
    Priest 9%
    Shaman 9%
    Rogue 8%
    Warlock 7%

edit: Man even worse than that is that Belfs are the most popular race by miles. :(

815165 on
  • Options
    BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    bowen wrote: »
    Dear CCers,

Don't wait until mobs get to me on a ranged/LoS pull to CC and then complain when I inevitably break it while tanking with my AoE abilities. Also, stop waiting until after the CCed mob breaks out of your CC before you reCC. Set it as your focus and watch, it's not difficult.

Love,

Dear good tank,

Move non CC'd things away from the CC'd mob(s) if that happens and go to town.

BlehBlehAmiga on
    ffbe ign: Kas
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Thankee. I am really surprised to see Warlocks that low.

I expect Worgen to pass Blood Elves fairly quickly.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    There are more Tauren than Humans now, that's pretty great.

815165 on
  • Options
    simsim Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Dear CCers,

Love,

While tanking, I always ask a main CC class to pull with CC (usually a shaman or mage). Half of them stand there and pick their noses while waiting for me to pull. There's also the hunter that seemed to refuse to CC as our only CC capable class through half of a GB run...when asked by the healer why he wasn't CCing, he replies that he only traps Square while I was using Moon. /cry

sim on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Thankee. I am really surprised to see Warlocks that low.

I expect Worgen to pass Blood Elves fairly quickly.

Based on when I used to do my own analysis of my own realm, the difference was largely factional.

Warlocks were rarest overall, but Warlocks were much rarer for alliance than horde. I forget what the rarest horde class was, but it wasn't warlocks (although warlocks were second rarest).

It's possible the increase in alliance races that can play warlocks might help that a little, but it's not like druids ever had any trouble (although druids can also do more roles).

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Dear CCers,

Love,

Dear good tank,

Dear CCer,

I can do that a few times but if I have to move 8 times because CC is breaking (lawl hunter pulling with serpent sting) and CCed mobs are spread out it becomes sufficiently difficult.

Love,
    That tank

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Dear CCers,

Love,

I don't get that. I'm so paranoid about CC on my mage i'll resheep with easily 15 seconds left on the timer. And yet I've seen a CC break and ... nothing. What irks me about CCrs is I hear "well you broke sheep, deal with it!" instead of letting it be reCC it if possible. Come on, do you really want to wipe the group becuase of your pride or something?

After my third attempt if I can't CC due to dots, aoe, whatever, I move on to maybe another CC target (I have PULLED off targets on purpose for this specific reason).

God I wish I had a second CC for elementals. /buy please.

Jakarrd on
    Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Jakarrd wrote: »
    Dear CCers,

Love,

I don't get that. I'm so paranoid about CC on my mage i'll resheep with easily 15 seconds left on the timer. And yet I've seen a CC break and ... nothing. What irks me about CCrs is I hear "well you broke sheep, deal with it!" instead let me reCC it if possible. if after my third attempt I can't CC due to dots, aoe, whatever, I move on to maybe another CC target (I have PULLED off targets on purpose for this specific reason).

God I wish I had a second CC for elementals. /buy please.

Dear Good CCer,

I love you, let us rejoice and make wowbabies.

Love,
    That tank

bowen on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Dear CCers,

Love,

Dear good tank,

Yeah that works so well for spellcasting mobs. O_o

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Well some CC's can't be reapplied while its still up (banish) or is on a long enough CD that if someone breaks it you can't reapply it right away.

LockeCole on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    815165 wrote: »
    http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php?serverid=-1&factionid=-1&minlevel=10&maxlevel=85&servertypeid=2

Classes in order of popularity between levels 10 and 85:
    Paladin 13%
    Druid 12%
    Death Knight 11%
    Warrior 11%
    Mage 11%
    Hunter 10%
    Priest 9%
    Shaman 9%
    Rogue 8%
    Warlock 7%

edit: Man even worse than that is that Belfs are the most popular race by miles. :(

To be fair, some of those %'s get skewed because of the roles some classes play (i.e. only 4 classes can heal; some classes can heal / tank / dps while others can only dps which partially explains why druids and paladins are at the top).

I don't know what kind of % error you could put on those Figures (looking up Azjol Nerub EU, it's saying there's only 427 horde at the level cap; I don't think it's that low).

Looking at the alliance:horde ratio at 85, it's 39:61; it used to be near 50:50. Nice job.

Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Fairchild wrote: »
    And yet, at the time, TBC questing was a ginormous improvement over plain old WOW. Funny how perceptions shift, eh ? You're right, it's time for them to upgrade Outland to bring its zone design into line with modern Azeroth thinking.

Yeah, I remember BC being worlds better than vanilla, though Hellfire's always been a chore. The new stuff is so damn... smooth. You get in, you get the plot, you do your murder, you're out - and here's the breadcrumb to the next area! So nice. In contrast, BC questing is: you get in, they send you to four different places, each with their own miniplot, you do your murder at one of them who may send you to two completely different places, at which point you've forgotten some of the other quests.
    Paladin 13%
    Druid 12%
    Death Knight 11%
    Warrior 11%
    Mage 11%
    Hunter 10%
    Priest 9%
    Shaman 9%
    Rogue 8%
    Warlock 7%

The top four classes are all tanks. And yet, never enough tanks.

Automaticzen on
  • Options
    BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeah that works so well for spellcasting mobs. O_o

Spellcasting mobs wouldn't have run to the tank in the first place and are probably CC'd. If they are not CC'd that's what interrupts are for.

BlehBlehAmiga on
    ffbe ign: Kas
This discussion has been closed.