Options

[WOW] I don't wanna [CHAT] I wanna tank LFD all day.

13468969

Posts

  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Walt wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    Yeah I pop my cooldowns because CCing with pugs is a waste of my time and I have a cooldown ready at least every pull most of the time. The only place I worry is fucking grim batol because fuck that place with pugs.
    On my Death Knight I mash cooldowns even with CC because I can.

    More people need to use cooldowns, I recognize this problem within myself, vendettas on a 2 minute cool down unless its the last pack before the boss (and even then it'll pop during the fight anyway) you can use them to minimize trouble trash.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm confused.
    All eight of the Engineering discoveries are now able to be learned through crafting the Overpowered Chicken Splitter at max-level Engineering.

    Does this mean the only way for me to get my missing Tinker is to craft something that costs 6k in mats?

    Or is it one of the ways?

    GOOD NEWS.

    I just made a handful of Obsidium Bolts and found the last tinker I need. That means they fixed it so you don't have to make the Chicken Splitter to get all the tinkers. Hoo-ray.

    JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The draenei racial trait Gift of the Naaru now heals 20% of the target's health over 15 seconds, rather than a scaling value.

    Became a nice cooldown for my Blood DK.

    Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Mutilate wrote: »
    Maybe I am lucky but I have not really had many CC problems with pugs when people actually want to CC The issue I seem to run into is that groups think they can handle the trash in HHoO as an AOE pull. :(

    Yeah I'm ever so damn thankful when the last multi cat pack goes down on the way to the second/third boss because god damn are all of those fuckers nasty and you just don't have enough interrupts in the world to deal with them.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm confused.
    All eight of the Engineering discoveries are now able to be learned through crafting the Overpowered Chicken Splitter at max-level Engineering.

    Does this mean the only way for me to get my missing Tinker is to craft something that costs 6k in mats?

    Or is it one of the ways?

    GOOD NEWS.

    I just made a handful of Obsidium Bolts and found the last tinker I need. That means they fixed it so you don't have to make the Chicken Splitter to get all the tinkers. Hoo-ray.

    Awesome! I wonder if I have all of my tinkers, well I need to make some obsidium bolts anyway to feed the gun.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Preacher wrote: »
    Jubal77 wrote: »

    I love a good rogue in the group. They are just not around. Rogues I mean. Whenever I get one in a group they are almost always awesome.

    As mentioned earlier its because rogues are not a fotm and you have to work hard to be useful. So getting one to 85 and item geared for heroics outside of cheesing the system usually means you know your shit to an extent.

    I haven't been kicked from a heroic run yet, but that could just be because I'm so pretty.

    I loved my rogue up to 70. He is sitting at 72 right now because its hard :)

    Jubal77 on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Cooldowns are short enough now where theres no reason to use them only on bosses anymore. Which is great, because it can actually make them kind of interesting

    Javen on
  • Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Preacher wrote: »
    Tomanta wrote: »
    So... no Shaman changes at all, and Tol Barad is still broken.

    Is the issue the parity thing? So if the defending team just puts out 1 or 2 people the attacking team can not possibly win?

    Defenders have three massive advantages:

    First, better spawn location. Defenders spawn centrally, attackers spawn in outlying graveyards.

    Second, attackers need to hold three locations simultaneously, defenders never need to hold more than a single location at any time.

    Third, if time runs out defenders win by default. Attackers have a difficult goal to achieve (capture three bases), defenders just need to keep one base contested for 20-30 minutes.

    PotatoNinja on
    Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    MutilateMutilate Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Preacher wrote: »
    Mutilate wrote: »
    Maybe I am lucky but I have not really had many CC problems with pugs when people actually want to CC The issue I seem to run into is that groups think they can handle the trash in HHoO as an AOE pull. :(

    Yeah I'm ever so damn thankful when the last multi cat pack goes down on the way to the second/third boss because god damn are all of those fuckers nasty and you just don't have enough interrupts in the world to deal with them.

    I feel bad for groups who do not have a Shaman in them since we can purge the fire buff off the big guy. I am sure other classes can purge to but Shaman are obviously superior.

    Mutilate on
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Preacher wrote: »
    Tomanta wrote: »
    So... no Shaman changes at all, and Tol Barad is still broken.

    Is the issue the parity thing? So if the defending team just puts out 1 or 2 people the attacking team can not possibly win?

    Defenders have three massive advantages:

    First, better spawn location. Defenders spawn centrally, attackers spawn in outlying graveyards.

    Second, attackers need to hold three locations simultaneously, defenders never need to hold more than a single location at any time.

    Third, if time runs out defenders win by default. Attackers have a difficult goal to achieve (capture three bases), defenders just need to keep one base contested for 20-30 minutes.

    3.5) It doesn't even need to be the same base, just ANY base, and they can just zerg rush a new one once their group has been overcome at the base they were holding before.

    Bobble on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Javen wrote: »
    Cooldowns are short enough now where theres no reason to use them only on bosses anymore. Which is great, because it can actually make them kind of interesting

    Problem is blizzard will design trash so you have to pop cooldowns.

    Oh hi there motherfucking imp boss in BWD. Because tanking trash during a boss fight wasn't stupid enough to begin with. Motherfuck.

    bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Mutilate wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Mutilate wrote: »
    Maybe I am lucky but I have not really had many CC problems with pugs when people actually want to CC The issue I seem to run into is that groups think they can handle the trash in HHoO as an AOE pull. :(

    Yeah I'm ever so damn thankful when the last multi cat pack goes down on the way to the second/third boss because god damn are all of those fuckers nasty and you just don't have enough interrupts in the world to deal with them.

    I feel bad for groups who do not have a Shaman in them since we can purge the fire buff off the big guy. I am sure other classes can purge to but Shaman are obviously superior.
    I always set that guy as skull, Death Grip him, DSim one fireball, Strangulate, Mind Freeze, AMS, NO PROBLEM

    DK Tanks are the best, tell your friends.

    Walt on
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I don't know what's up with my server but once we stopped win-trading, we've been kicking the other faction's asses.

    We've succesfully attacked them multiple times and won, and we've been successfully defending (not that that's hard), but the've succesfully attacked a few times, but not nearly as much as we have.

    Kinda weird given that there's supposed to be a lot more mature good players on the other side...

    Oghulk on
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Well, attackers actually have a better spawn location when it comes to taking a base. The problem with the spawns is that it's simple for defenders to take a different base while the offense is capturing one. Defense really cannot hold a specific base from assault very well because they will spawn so far from it and offense spawns practically inside it, meaning offense can almost always take a base by just throwing enough people at it. Unfortunately, due to the rules this means they're going to lose one of their other two bases while they do it.

    Depending on what kind of rule change Blizzard goes for (assuming they do eventually get around to fixing it), the graveyards could end up being a massive advantage for offense.

    Lars on
  • Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Walt wrote: »
    Mutilate wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Mutilate wrote: »
    Maybe I am lucky but I have not really had many CC problems with pugs when people actually want to CC The issue I seem to run into is that groups think they can handle the trash in HHoO as an AOE pull. :(

    Yeah I'm ever so damn thankful when the last multi cat pack goes down on the way to the second/third boss because god damn are all of those fuckers nasty and you just don't have enough interrupts in the world to deal with them.

    I feel bad for groups who do not have a Shaman in them since we can purge the fire buff off the big guy. I am sure other classes can purge to but Shaman are obviously superior.
    I always set that guy as skull, Death Grip him, DSim one fireball, Strangulate, Mind Freeze, AMS, NO PROBLEM

    DK Tanks are the best, tell your friends.

    I shield bash and spell reflect every other fireball for [LOTSO DAMAGE].

    Buddies on
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Buddies wrote: »
    Walt wrote: »
    Mutilate wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Mutilate wrote: »
    Maybe I am lucky but I have not really had many CC problems with pugs when people actually want to CC The issue I seem to run into is that groups think they can handle the trash in HHoO as an AOE pull. :(

    Yeah I'm ever so damn thankful when the last multi cat pack goes down on the way to the second/third boss because god damn are all of those fuckers nasty and you just don't have enough interrupts in the world to deal with them.

    I feel bad for groups who do not have a Shaman in them since we can purge the fire buff off the big guy. I am sure other classes can purge to but Shaman are obviously superior.
    I always set that guy as skull, Death Grip him, DSim one fireball, Strangulate, Mind Freeze, AMS, NO PROBLEM

    DK Tanks are the best, tell your friends.

    I shield bash and spell reflect every other fireball for [LOTSO DAMAGE].

    I shift into bear and..... cry. Especially now that blizz is nerfing my damage by what looks to be about 20%.

    Then I go to Grim Batol and bring my own damned CC. Hibernate->Roots->Bear.

    Bobble on
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Day 3, 3rd straight Timeless Nightstones for Jeweler DQ.

    ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    I can't believe Healing Touch is being made a level 78 spell. That seems so strange.

    Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I don't think this ever got answered, but does anyone have a site/reference for the new boss fights? I'd like to read up on them before going there tomorrow.

    Oghulk on
  • Options
    MutilateMutilate Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Going back to the patch notes... you know what needs to be looked at... Shaman totems. We run 2 Shaman in our 10 man me and an enhance and with our raid comp most of our core totems are useless. Stone? Nope got a Paly Tank. SoE? Nope got 2 DK's. WoA? Nope got a Shadow Priest. It's kinda crappy to have your class defining abilities made useless by other classes buffs now.

    Mutilate on
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Buddies wrote: »
    Walt wrote: »
    I always set that guy as skull, Death Grip him, DSim one fireball, Strangulate, Mind Freeze, AMS, NO PROBLEM

    DK Tanks are the best, tell your friends.

    I shield bash and spell reflect every other fireball for [LOTSO DAMAGE].

    In conclusion Warriors and Death Knights are pretty cool guys.

    Walt on
  • Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oghulk wrote: »
    I don't think this ever got answered, but does anyone have a site/reference for the new boss fights? I'd like to read up on them before going there tomorrow.

    Have you checked Tankspot or Wowpedia?

    L Ron Howard on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oghulk wrote: »
    I don't think this ever got answered, but does anyone have a site/reference for the new boss fights? I'd like to read up on them before going there tomorrow.

    http://www.tankspot.com/forumdisplay.php?206-TankSpot-Movie-Guides
    http://manaflask.com/article/642/cataclysm-raid-boss-guides

    wowhead/wowpedia/etc are sometimes helpful too

    There's some others but I can't really remember them offhand.

    End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I remember when my Paladin was cool. But now he's just a Blood Elf. :(

    Automaticzen on
    http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ah christ I can't believe I forgot about Tankspot.

    Herpin the derps, but thank you nonetheless.

    Oghulk on
  • Options
    simsim Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Mutilate wrote: »
    Going back to the patch notes... you know what needs to be looked at... Shaman totems. We run 2 Shaman in our 10 man me and an enhance and with our raid comp most of our core totems are useless. Stone? Nope got a Paly Tank. SoE? Nope got 2 DK's. WoA? Nope got a Shadow Priest. It's kinda crappy to have your class defining abilities made useless by other classes buffs now.

    I still drop totems that benefit me always. Since I'm ele, I usually don't drop earth totem (but I use stoneclaw and earthbind nearly every pull in heroics anyway).

    sim on
  • Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Friday needs to hurry up so my CDs on dreamweave finish and I can make my Breeches.

    Jakarrd on
    Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

    76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    MutilateMutilate Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    sim wrote: »
    Mutilate wrote: »
    Going back to the patch notes... you know what needs to be looked at... Shaman totems. We run 2 Shaman in our 10 man me and an enhance and with our raid comp most of our core totems are useless. Stone? Nope got a Paly Tank. SoE? Nope got 2 DK's. WoA? Nope got a Shadow Priest. It's kinda crappy to have your class defining abilities made useless by other classes buffs now.

    I still drop totems that benefit me always. Since I'm ele, I usually don't drop earth totem (but I use stoneclaw and earthbind nearly every pull in heroics anyway).

    I do the same thing but none of our totems stack with other buffs so you can drop them but they won't actually do anything. I would like to see some new totems is really what I am saying. Maybe I am asking for too much.

    Mutilate on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oh also it was earlier, but someone asking why guilds are 21+ or 18+. For raiding guilds its usually wanting a playerbase that isn't subject to mommy and daddy's rules.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Bring the player not the class is what they are going for. Shaman used to have the market cornered on a lot of cool shit. We now have mana tide totem, and that is only if you are resto. Other than that it's pretty lack luster.

    The one change I would like to see is being able to throw certain totems. I would love to be able to chuck a fire totem out at range, that would be fantastic.

    RedDawn on
  • Options
    MutilateMutilate Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Preacher wrote: »
    Oh also it was earlier, but someone asking why guilds are 21+ or 18+. For raiding guilds its usually wanting a playerbase that isn't subject to mommy and daddy's rules.

    There is still wife/husband rules. Mostly wife rules though. ;-)

    Mutilate on
  • Options
    MutilateMutilate Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    RedDawn wrote: »
    Bring the player not the class is what they are going for. Shaman used to have the market cornered on a lot of cool shit. We now have mana tide totem, and that is only if you are resto. Other than that it's pretty lack luster.

    The one change I would like to see is being able to throw certain totems. I would love to be able to chuck a fire totem out at range, that would be fantastic.

    Bring the player not the class is a good idea, on paper. Totems are our defining thing and while I get that we can still fill in the gaps better than any other class (although hunters are a very close second now with pet buffs) there should be more to it. It just makes totems really boring.

    Mutilate on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Mutilate wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Oh also it was earlier, but someone asking why guilds are 21+ or 18+. For raiding guilds its usually wanting a playerbase that isn't subject to mommy and daddy's rules.

    There is still wife/husband rules. Mostly wife rules though. ;-)

    Not as bad though, also and I'll say this is bad for anyone but kids especially, childrens voices in vent are horrible, god damn attrocious and that alone would have me not want them.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    simsim Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Totems are in a decent spot right now, really. Another utility totem would be nice - maybe an brief stealth detect to match hunters', and earth's grasp should be changed to a glyph with a quake buff in the talent (maybe 50/100% instant knockdown each quake cast).

    The cool thing about totem utility becoming less unique is that there's no exuse for shaman damage/healing to not be on-par with every other class.

    sim on
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So for anyone that's been doing the raids lately I have a question on my group comp that I'm looking at.

    2 Tanks - Feral Druid/Prot Pally
    3 Healers - Resto Shaman/X/X -- I need two more healers but I'm curious as to what I should look into getting.
    5 DPS - Fire Mage/Warlock/Survival Hunter/Unholy DK/X -- Need another DPS but I'm not sure as to whether I should get another melee or a ranged, since I've heard fights are really better for ranged than melee.

    Doing the mmo-champ Raid Comp thing the current composition looks pretty good on buffs/debuffs.

    Also new patch notes.

    Oghulk on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Make sure that one of your tanks has a DPS spec and make sure one of your healers has a DPS spec and you should be fine. Some fights only need 1 tank and some fights only need 2 healers, so make sure you have that kinda flexibility.

    Inquisitor on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    As a rogue it makes me sad you have 3 ranged and 1 meele dps and are considering you need another ranged. I know its the game mechanics, and thats something I really really wish blizzard would adjust just a fucking little bit.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MutilateMutilate Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Raid comp healers: Holy Priest, Holy Paladin, Resto Druid, in that order in terms of good synergys. It pains me to put Druids lowest on the totem pole (haha get it shaman, totems, totem pole) but I don't think Druids are in a good place at the moment. Lightwell is really useful and Holy Paladin's are still power houses. We run Shaman, Paly, Druid and some of it is the guy playing the Druid but he lags way behind in terms of effective healing. I am actually going to talk to our GM about having the our priest switch to holy from shadow and let our druid go boomchicken.

    Mutilate on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    There's nothing wrong with melee DPS at the moment in raids. Melee DPS generally lacks wind up time and makes it really nice on the bosses that have adds that need to be blown up as quickly as possible.

    Inquisitor on
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeah my feral druid tank might be able to switch to feral dps spec (they have that kind of ability with gear right?) and I'm going to look on grabbing a holy pally and holy priest since that seems best.

    For my last dps I might try and grab another melee just to keep it even. Either a melee or a non-resto shaman/non feral druid. Or a ret pally.

    Oghulk on
This discussion has been closed.