[WOW] I don't wanna [CHAT] I wanna tank LFD all day.

1636465666769»

Posts

  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Cunty:

    That is without a doubt, the best story I've ever heard from a 5man. That was awesome. I mean I know it sucked for you but I'm laughing at that healer.

    Thank you for sharing. :)

    HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    korodullin wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    Oh, a CC discussion. I like how this is the "we want you to use CC in heroics again" expansion, but then they'll make pulls that are like nothing but elementals and/or dragonkin, which like 6 classes have no way to CC.

    I'm not certain whether to be relieved or annoyed that Shackle Undead is useless this expansion.

    Shadowfang Keep for like every pull, and to a lesser extent, the two pulls before Marrowgar in Halls of Origination.

    edit: Guess I didn't refresh this over night. Beat'd like 3 pages ago.

    Samphis on
  • Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    khain wrote: »
    Only one of the skills you listed actually saves money and it was a convenience skill until the price of food kept increasing in every expansion so it's now a little ridiculous. All the rest and most class specific skills of this type save time, not money, and hunters happen to have one of those as well.
    Time is money friend.

    Coconut Monkey on
  • CalixtusCalixtus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Buddies wrote: »
    EWom wrote: »
    The nice thing about fear is its like hex, it can take a little bit of dmg and not break, but not much. Banish is the best fucking CC in the game IMO, assuming your fighting elementals / demons. Also if there are demons they can enslave.

    I've been wondering if those guys in SC that turn into elementals can be banished once they've turned, anyone know?
    How does the fear/glyph thing work?

    Fearing is typically one of the dumbest things you can do in an instance.

    They stand in place and piss their pants instead of run around. So it's basically like every other CC.

    I didn't see anyone answer this. Yes you can banish them when they transform.
    Pretty sure the transformation itself is also interruptable.

    Calixtus on
    -This message was deviously brought to you by:
  • TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I have a question regarding Recount ... since I don't use it that often.

    MainWindow.jpg

    First line in this picture (note that I copied it from Curse.com, its not a screenshot from me :)) ... 13.288 is the overall damage done by the toon, the 19.4 in the brackets is the DPS, right?

    TheBigEasy on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yup. Total damage dealt by the player in the fight, average DPS for the entire fight, and then what percent of the total damage they did.

    Inquisitor on
  • TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hm ... I just did 2 heroic BC instances (blood furnace and shattered halls) solo as a 84 hunter. On Kargath Bladefist I supposedly did 5.5k DPS ... that sounds awfully low. Or should I expect a massive increase once I hit 85 and get some decent gear?

    TheBigEasy on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    TheBigEasy wrote: »
    Hm ... I just did 2 heroic BC instances (blood furnace and shattered halls) solo as a 84 hunter. On Kargath Bladefist I supposedly did 5.5k DPS ... that sounds awfully low. Or should I expect a massive increase once I hit 85 and get some decent gear?

    It's hard to gauge dps in a setting where things die so quickly, simply because of the nature of the way recount calculates its damage. Just hazarding a guess, but I would actually assume your dps is quite a big higher than that.

    That being said, yes, at 85, once you start getting heroic/epic rep gear, your dps will jump quite a bit. As a rogue who has essentially the best gear you can get outside of raiding, my dps in a random heroic 5 man cataclysm dungeon is roughly 3 times that, depending on the encounter, and if I remember right hunters are in one of the best positions dps wise currently in cataclysm

    Javen on
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So, after randomly screwing around with Dark Simulacrum a bit, I actually managed to steal an ability that's useful (Paragon shenanigans aside). It was a buff that procced fire damage on my attacks.

    Edit: Apparently this one.
    wowscrnshot012111143538.jpg

    This almost makes up for all the times I steal an ability that hits me for 20k and cast it back to hit for 72.

    It would be awesome if DS worked more consistently.

    Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Elessar ElfstoneElessar Elfstone Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    For Archaeology, I seem to recall reading somewhere that at a certain skill level the max fragments you can loot goes to up 6 from 5? Can't seem to find it now though. Was I kookoo-pants remembering that?

    Elessar Elfstone on
    Tobias: Or it could be your colon. I'd want to get in there and find some answers.

    Forsake, Warlock of Stonemaul
  • WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I kicked a guy out of a HToT today for doing crap DPS, and he ROLLED AN ALT ON MY SERVER to harrang me about it, saying:

    "group cant help that u Sik so maybe u shuldnt kick ppl who are healing good luck wiping"

    I checked recount. 500 HPS. All of it was Flash Heal.

    Walt on
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    This almost makes up for all the times I steal an ability that hits me for 20k and cast it back to hit for 72.

    It would be awesome if DS worked more consistently.

    yeah, for being our capstone spell, dark simulacrum doesn't really see much practical use.

    INeedNoSalt on
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Wow, people still use TitanPanel/FuBar, eh? I didn't think they'd been updated for ages.

    korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    This almost makes up for all the times I steal an ability that hits me for 20k and cast it back to hit for 72.

    It would be awesome if DS worked more consistently.

    yeah, for being our capstone spell, dark simulacrum doesn't really see much practical use.
    Death Knights pretty much just got PvP stuff. At least it's kind fun to play with DSim in PvE, Necrotic Strike is more or less useless except for Ashbury.

    Walt on
  • TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So ... tried the target dummy now. Without my pet, just trying some shot rotations. As a Survival hunter I was able to crack 5k after a few rounds, I think best was 5.2k. As a Marksman the highest I got was 5.5k ...

    Well ... I think I gotta try this in some instances and hope I make that big jump once I am 85 and have some gear ...

    TheBigEasy on
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Titan Panel's the only updated all-in-one bar mod. FuBar's dead and gone at this point (as are a lot of ace mods). There's the whole LibDataBroker stuff as well (which also works with Titan Panel) which has mods to allow those to show up as bar stuff as well.

    Personally I think Titan Panel's coded terribly since it goes and touches a lot of stuff it doesn't need to and introduces a ton of taint for no good reason. I really want to replace it with the equivalent LDB mods but I've been lazy and haven't taken the time to search them all out.

    And don't worry about your non-85 DPS: due to ratings decay if you've got gear from any previous levels then their contribution to your DPS is severely diminished. Once you have a full set of 85 greens at the very least then you can start looking at your DPS constructively.

    Opty on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    TheBigEasy wrote: »
    So ... tried the target dummy now. Without my pet, just trying some shot rotations. As a Survival hunter I was able to crack 5k after a few rounds, I think best was 5.2k. As a Marksman the highest I got was 5.5k ...

    Well ... I think I gotta try this in some instances and hope I make that big jump once I am 85 and have some gear ...

    Part of it is obviously gear but its my understanding that survival is supposed to do a lot better than Marksman at the moment. I'd give this thread here a looksie: http://elitistjerks.com/f74/t110723-cataclysm_survival_hunter/

    I'd try to give you personalized advice but I don't know much at all about hunters.

    Inquisitor on
  • iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Good god, where has this addon been all my life?

    iguanacus on
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Walt wrote: »
    This almost makes up for all the times I steal an ability that hits me for 20k and cast it back to hit for 72.

    It would be awesome if DS worked more consistently.

    yeah, for being our capstone spell, dark simulacrum doesn't really see much practical use.
    Death Knights pretty much just got PvP stuff. At least it's kind fun to play with DSim in PvE, Necrotic Strike is more or less useless except for Ashbury.

    Eh, I disagree. A 30% casting speed reduction is a nice debuff on mobs it works on. It's just very situational.

    Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    iguanacus wrote: »
    Good god, where has this addon been all my life?

    This sounds like something that would get me kicked in randoms.

    Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Dac wrote: »
    iguanacus wrote: »
    Good god, where has this addon been all my life?

    This sounds like something that would get me kicked in randoms.

    Also I disagree with their strategy Baron Ashbury quite a lot. Seems like a pretty useless mod, personally.

    Inquisitor on
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Dac wrote: »
    iguanacus wrote: »
    Good god, where has this addon been all my life?

    This sounds like something that would get me kicked in randoms.

    Also I disagree with their strategy Baron Ashbury quite a lot. Seems like a pretty useless mod, personally.

    What do you disagree with on that 'strat'? It basically says to interrupt the shit that needs to be interrupted. The only thing that I could see someone disagreeing with is the advice to the healer to keep everyone at 40-50% and not try to heal them to full.

    But really, even that makes total sense, because a healer will go OOM very quickly if they're healing everyone to 100% after every Asphyxiate....

    Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Dac wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Dac wrote: »
    iguanacus wrote: »
    Good god, where has this addon been all my life?

    This sounds like something that would get me kicked in randoms.

    Also I disagree with their strategy Baron Ashbury quite a lot. Seems like a pretty useless mod, personally.

    What do you disagree with on that 'strat'? It basically says to interrupt the shit that needs to be interrupted. The only thing that I could see someone disagreeing with is the advice to the healer to keep everyone at 40-50% and not try to heal them to full.

    But really, even that makes total sense, because a healer will go OOM very quickly if they're healing everyone to 100% after every Asphyxiate....

    It omits some important general advice, like how everyone should stack on top of the tank for the fight. The boss doesn't do a cleave or anything (and in fact puts out rather piddly damage in general) so there is no reason not to and it insures that everyone is hit by all AoE healing and stands in all healing circles etc. It also neglects to mention that Ashbury only tries to cast mend flesh at 50% life and below, pretty nice to know if you are the guy that gets assigned to kick it.

    I disagree with their overall strategy for the fight as well. As I mentioned before, the boss does piddly damage, so there is really no reason to let him get any self healing out of stay of execution. It should be kicked before a single tick gets off. The healer should easily be able to keep everyone up (especially if they are all clumped together) but if you are really worried people can pop self-healing and defensive cooldowns just to be sure. Likewise you should bloodlust early in the fight, I can't remember if we did it after the tank got aggro or after the first asphyxiate. Either way, because you lust early and never let Ashbury heal you burn through Ashbury's rather tiny health pool quickly and push him to 25% quickly, preventing future asphyxiates and mend fleshes etc. Because your healer has only had to heal through one aspyxiate (two max if your DPS is slacking) he should be sitting pretty with full mana and easily be able to heal through the low AoE damage of Ashbury's second phase.

    Makes the fight go far quicker and more smoothly than the other strategy, in my experience.

    Inquisitor on
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So, Twilight Highlands. I just got the King of the Mountain achievement.

    And then there were no follow-up quests. Is that basically the end of the zone?

    Elvenshae on
    omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
    The Disappearance of Inigo Sharpe: Tomas à Dunsanin
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    just about. did you do the krazzworks?

    Nerdgasmic on
  • iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Even if you don't agree with the strategy, if you watched the video he shows that you can edit any part of the encounter text. It basically allows you to give any of the other guys (or only yourself) in your heroic run a brief breakdown on the boss fight mechanics. I don't know about you, but some of the people I've run heroics with could sorely use this.

    iguanacus on
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Dac wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Dac wrote: »
    iguanacus wrote: »
    Good god, where has this addon been all my life?

    This sounds like something that would get me kicked in randoms.

    Also I disagree with their strategy Baron Ashbury quite a lot. Seems like a pretty useless mod, personally.

    What do you disagree with on that 'strat'? It basically says to interrupt the shit that needs to be interrupted. The only thing that I could see someone disagreeing with is the advice to the healer to keep everyone at 40-50% and not try to heal them to full.

    But really, even that makes total sense, because a healer will go OOM very quickly if they're healing everyone to 100% after every Asphyxiate....

    It omits some important general advice, like how everyone should stack on top of the tank for the fight. The boss doesn't do a cleave or anything (and in fact puts out rather piddly damage in general) so there is no reason not to and it insures that everyone is hit by all AoE healing and stands in all healing circles etc. It also neglects to mention that Ashbury only tries to cast mend flesh at 50% life and below, pretty nice to know if you are the guy that gets assigned to kick it.

    I disagree with their overall strategy for the fight as well. As I mentioned before, the boss does piddly damage, so there is really no reason to let him get any self healing out of stay of execution. It should be kicked before a single tick gets off. The healer should easily be able to keep everyone up (especially if they are all clumped together) but if you are really worried people can pop self-healing and defensive cooldowns just to be sure. Likewise you should bloodlust early in the fight, I can't remember if we did it after the tank got aggro or after the first asphyxiate. Either way, because you lust early and never let Ashbury heal you burn through Ashbury's rather tiny health pool quickly and push him to 25% quickly, preventing future asphyxiates and mend fleshes etc. Because your healer has only had to heal through one aspyxiate (two max if your DPS is slacking) he should be sitting pretty with full mana and easily be able to heal through the low AoE damage of Ashbury's second phase.

    Makes the fight go far quicker and more smoothly than the other strategy, in my experience.

    You do bloodlust @ 25% because he starts doing AOE damage. MOST groups do let 1 or 2 ticks through because it makes it easier on the healer. The only thing you HAVE to do is kick mend rotten flesh and stay of execution. P&S is fine.

    Also, I think you're neglecting the fact that this is for people who run randoms all day and get tired of explaining the fight to EVERY pug EVERY time because they know that the pugs who don't know the fight won't say anything.

    This isn't like the end of WoTLK where people can just ignore boss abilities. You have to do it. This mod is interesting, but I don't run pugs that much.

    For your post--because you use the term "we" alot--I'm going to assume you run with guildies? Also, where are you fighting him where you can't get everyone with your aoe abilities? I guess cause I run holy priest it's not a big deal for me, but if everyone's near the cells you should be able to hit everyone with your aoe.

    belligerent on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I guess I just don't see the use in the mod if I'm writing the strategies myself. I don't need a mod to make /say macros, and as long as I am taking the effort to type up my own strategies I'd rather just type it out before each boss so I can tailor the strat to my party's make up.

    Edit: Belligerent: Yeah, he starts AoEing at 25%, but its piddly AoE damage. Its nothing you can't easily heal through and lusting early lets you skip asphyxiates. Big healing AoEs will hit you no matter where you stand in the room, yes, but if everyone clumps on the tank then it guarantees that everyone is standing on healing circles that are thrown on the ground, or in range of clicking a light well, etc. It simplifies the encounter.

    I do mostly run with guildies but its not uncommon for us to have 1-2 pugs in a group so I'm quite used to having to explain boss fights every time.

    Inquisitor on
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I got a cool staff in the Western Plaguelands. Check it out.

    wowscrnshotwplstaff.jpg

    It's got a skull, thorns, and spits out leaves. Awesome.

    It is called the Chillwind Staff

    Krathoon on
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    That is a really cool staff. The Worgen starting questline offers one like that, though slightly differently-colored. It's cool enough that I stashed it in my bank. I wish there were more interesting looking low-level items like that (or maybe there are and I just haven't come across them yet).

    Halfmex on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    that death cult robe is pretty sick

    Nerdgasmic on
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I guess I just don't see the use in the mod if I'm writing the strategies myself. I don't need a mod to make /say macros, and as long as I am taking the effort to type up my own strategies I'd rather just type it out before each boss so I can tailor the strat to my party's make up.

    Edit: Belligerent: Yeah, he starts AoEing at 25%, but its piddly AoE damage. Its nothing you can't easily heal through and lusting early lets you skip asphyxiates. Big healing AoEs will hit you no matter where you stand in the room, yes, but if everyone clumps on the tank then it guarantees that everyone is standing on healing circles that are thrown on the ground, or in range of clicking a light well, etc. It simplifies the encounter.

    I do mostly run with guildies but its not uncommon for us to have 1-2 pugs in a group so I'm quite used to having to explain boss fights every time.

    So you make macros for your own strategies. This is an addon for people who are too lazy to do that.

    None of the boss abilities are that bad if you're prepared for them and have done the fights before.

    belligerent on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I have run with people using that mod, and they're invariably fucking useless.

    One dude I ran with spammed it three times, then apparently didn't even bother to read his own junk.

    Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
This discussion has been closed.