Options

[WOW] I don't wanna [CHAT] I wanna tank LFD all day.

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Double post: Also just watched Magmaw and it doesn't seem too bad. Gotta have player awareness but between the hunter warlock and myself adds shouldn't be a problem at all.

Now let's see how Omnitron is...

Oghulk on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with melee DPS at the moment in raids. Melee DPS generally lacks wind up time and makes it really nice on the bosses that have adds that need to be blown up as quickly as possible.

But again he's got 3 ranged and 1 meele and it wouldn't hurt the raid at all to grab another ranged where as a meele could potentially. As a rogue thats not encouraging is all I'm saying.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MutilateMutilate Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Enhance Shaman are in a good place right now too. Our enhance is our 2nd highest DPS behind an unholy DK.

Mutilate on
  • Options
    LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Back to tanks and CC - I swear to god I need a button that disables DnD for DK tanks. HAAATE.

LockeCole on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Preacher wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with melee DPS at the moment in raids. Melee DPS generally lacks wind up time and makes it really nice on the bosses that have adds that need to be blown up as quickly as possible.

But again he's got 3 ranged and 1 meele and it wouldn't hurt the raid at all to grab another ranged where as a meele could potentially. As a rogue thats not encouraging is all I'm saying.

I can't think of how grabbing a meelee could hurt the raid as compared to grabbing another ranged DPS. I think he's quite off in that assessment. There are fights where melee has a tougher time and fights where they have an easier time. Melee DPS tend to bring very good access to kicks and other utility that ranged DPS do not always. I dunno, I'm just saying that I haven't ran into a case yet where I've felt the need to drop a melee DPS for a ranged one, we've only felt the need to drop healers/tanks for DPS and vice versa depending on the fight.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    LockeCole wrote: »
    Back to tanks and CC - I swear to god I need a button that disables DnD for DK tanks. HAAATE.

Good DKs drop the DnD on themselves and then have the players CC, and then pull the first mob that needs to be killed to himself with death grip, picking up the other un-CCd mobs as they come in.

Sounds like you need a button that disables bad DKs.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

I can't think of how grabbing a meelee could hurt the raid as compared to grabbing another ranged DPS. I think he's quite off in that assessment. There are fights where melee has a tougher time and fights where they have an easier time. Melee DPS tend to bring very good access to kicks and other utility that ranged DPS do not always. I dunno, I'm just saying that I haven't ran into a case yet where I've felt the need to drop a melee DPS for a ranged one, we've only felt the need to drop healers/tanks for DPS and vice versa depending on the fight.

That's encouraging! Though I swear someone earlier said they had to drop a meele person because of the fight mechanics but they might have had more then 3.

I really shouldn't worry because on my server at best I'll get into a pug TB and thats just stand in one of two places run away and then stand in place.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Good DKs drop the DnD on themselves and then have the players CC, and then pull the first mob that needs to be killed to himself with death grip, picking up the other un-CCd mobs as they come in.

Sounds like you need a button that disables bad DKs.

So all of them? :twisted:

Having played a DK myself just to try it out I swear playing the class makes you retarded.

LockeCole on
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Back to tanks and CC - I swear to god I need a button that disables DnD for terrible DK tanks. HAAATE.

Walt on
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hahaha, holy crap. I took a look at the Census page for my old server
    http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php?serverid=630&factionid=-1&minlevel=10&maxlevel=85&servertypeid=2

Look at that. TWENTY FIVE PERCENT BLOOD ELVES. I just wish they had more people on it.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Pally consecrate is similar, except they can't target it like dks can with dnd.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    The guys at Paragon made a little post about the whole ranged vs melee earlier this week. They have been sitting a lot of their melee for ranged alts to help clear the heroic encounters. Specificaly I think they mentioned heroic ODS is really tough with mele heavy groups.

Mutilate on
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Well I guess I should've asked the GM about it awhile ago, but I finally spoke to him about the second raid group and he doesn't want me to set it up yet as we're trying to get more people for the first group and such.

But he's bringing me with tonight's raid where they've been working on Magmaw, so hopefully I can get some experience with these new bosses then whenever she gives me the green light for the second group we'll be able to just zoom through it.

Plus this will also give me the time I need to find my 2 healers and dps, as well as another tank since my prot pally isn't sure yet about the times.

Looking at this in a good way instead of a bad way.

Oghulk on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1765534423?page=1

I know this is the general wow forum a hive of scum and villainy but I've seen this attitude from tanks and jesus christ is it angering, look it may take a little longer to lfd que for a new one of you, but its not that much longer.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php?serverid=630&factionid=-1&minlevel=10&maxlevel=85&servertypeid=2

Look at that. TWENTY FIVE PERCENT BLOOD ELVES. I just wish they had more people on it.

Huh, my server's 85s:
    Total Alliance: 1,486 - 50%
    Total Horde: 1,482 - 50%

I like it.

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    Lorahalo wrote: »

Huh, my server's 85s:
    Total Alliance: 1,486 - 50%
    Total Horde: 1,482 - 50%

I like it.

There's a reason I server switched my Druid.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I like being outnumbered 4:1 by the Alliance.

Oh wait no it sucks.

Walt on
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

I know this is the general wow forum a hive of scum and villainy but I've seen this attitude from tanks and jesus christ is it angering, look it may take a little longer to lfd que for a new one of you, but its not that much longer.

It is rude to tell the tank "go". He doesn't actually mention how long they were waiting before he said that, but the tank could have just been waiting 10 seconds for a cooldown. "?", "/poke" or anything else is fine, but "go" is pretty rude.

jackal on
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    jackal wrote: »

It is rude to tell the tank "go". He doesn't actually mention how long they were waiting before he said that, but the tank could have just been waiting 10 seconds for a cooldown. "?", "/poke" or anything else is fine, but "go" is pretty rude.

Honestly I have mixed opinions on that whole thing. I agree it's rude, but I also think the tank was being a prick for kicking him over that. Granted, who the hell knows if the dude wasn't being a douche the whole rest of the instance and actually deserved it.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    jackal wrote: »

He mentions on like page two or three that it was a five minute wait, by which point I think some sort of prompting is reasonable. But it should have been more along the lines of "Is the tank AFK?" than "go."

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    True, but Go is such a bullshit thing to throw a piss about. Also the god tanks "I'M THE LORD YOU ARE A SHITTY DPS WHO WAITED 45 MINUTES I DICTATE EVERYTHING!" Are obnoxious fuckers. Its prevalent everyhwere. Like I had a tank just leave in a heroic, no wipe, no boss issues, just dropped group, one of the dps said he had that happen in a dm where they had a new tank each fight.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    "Go" by itself is rude. If you were waiting in line at an amusement park and the line did not move for a few minutes would you look at the guy in front of you and just say "go". Probably not. The anonymity of the internet strikes again!. Quick someone post Gabe's internet anonymity formula.

Mutilate on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    The most assholish thing I do as a tank is roll on plate DPS gear if the plate DPS in the group is awful and I do not feel that they deserve loot.

I don't drop groups though. Usually the bad players will drop group anyways because no one rages harder than bads.

Walt on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    What's silly is I've seen a lot nastier from tanks directed towards dps and I never initiated a vote kick or threw a fit, I just noted the tone and figured "well better not piss this guy off sounds like he's having a shitty day."

Tanks want benefit of the doubt and offer little to dps.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The tank ego bubble is going to pop soon, if it hasn't already. Averting should do their part to humble their neighborhood pig tanks, they'll thank you in the long run

Javen on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    It's funny I tanked in Wrath and hung it up because I just got tired of instant ques and guildies/randoms asking if I'd tank for them. If only I knew I could be a god king who can do no wrong!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    simsim Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    /p Ready
    /p I think we're ready to pull
    /p please pull as soon as you're ready
    /g f#cking prissy pug tank I think went afk without saying anything
    /p are you there mr tank?
    /p please pull
    /p go
    :shock:

Tank ego will eventually drive me away from this game.

sim on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    My wife was lost in ulduman with a bad tank from hell and called the group mouthbreathers on accident, I guess none of them even noticed.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    A small gripe, but I'm always unimpressed by people who bark orders and point fingers constantly, but refer to everyone by their class. One thing I liked about FFXI over wow was being a dick like that was a faux paus that actually had consequences. The reason so many tanks are commanding washouts is because they can without seeing any blowback for it

Javen on
  • Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It's funny I tanked in Wrath and hung it up because I just got tired of instant ques and guildies/randoms asking if I'd tank for them. If only I knew I could be a god king who can do no wrong!

I hear you on this. I log in and have 2-3 messages in guild chat appear while I'm still on the loading screen and having hit Orgrimmar already asking for me to tank. I get 5-10 whispers every session from non-guild people asking me to tank for their group.

Samphis on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    You mean my rogues name is not rogue or rouge (I swear thats a stereotype but it happens so god damn often).

"Rouge sap is star."

"rouge sap."

It almost makes me feel bad padding my margins while the tank twiddles his thumbs, almost.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Samphis wrote: »

I hear you on this. I log in and have 2-3 messages in guild chat appear while I'm still on the loading screen and having hit Orgrimmar already asking for me to tank. I get 5-10 whispers every session from non-guild people asking me to tank for their group.

Its why I stopped my shammy at the mid twenties and went pure dps. I really really did not want to have to heal/tank be asked to heal or tank. Only time I tank is when shit hit the fan and we need to finish it off.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Age limits are a few things Preach.

Don't want the MT getting called up for dinner half way through.
    Don't want to have to watch our language or censor ourselves.
    And lets be honest, if you're trying to keep a serious intelligent and functioning raid group together its best to avoid people too young to drive.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Can't read the thread y'all are talking about (stupid work filters) but if there is a 5 second pause, telling a tank to 'go' will do nothing but piss them off. On the other hand, after a five minute pause, a 'go' will still annoy a tank, but it will be justified. But it's not something to kick someone over. The tank should have instead 'accidently' let them pull aggro and get eaten, as is traditional.

The lesson here? 'Gogogogogogogo' in WotLK has traumatized tanks, please use a different word. You don't say 'bomb' on an airplane, you don't shout 'fire' in a theater, you don't say 'go' to a tank. Proceed, move along, get moving, forward, charge, onward, ANYTHING but 'go'.

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    simsim Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Javen wrote: »
    A small gripe, but I'm always unimpressed by people who bark orders and point fingers constantly, but refer to everyone by their class. One thing I liked about FFXI over wow was being a dick like that was a faux paus that actually had consequences. The reason so many tanks are commanding washouts is because they can without seeing any blowback for it

This is really rude to me. I wish there was a button to limit dungeon finder results to your own server (I hate chat shouting)...maybe create a lesser tier of puggers who have a reason to be nicer to each other.

I miss the old LFG tools sometimes.

sim on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    The calling people by their class thing irks me too. Is it really that much harder to type Digi than Shaman. Yes I do make exceptions for people with long, hard to type or ascii character happy names. It seems to happen a lot now too. To me it seems like a step in the wrong direction for a game promoting social interaction with strangers. I mean if you were at a party with people you did not know would say "Hey whitey can you get me a beer?

Mutilate on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    You mean my rogues name is not rogue or rouge (I swear thats a stereotype but it happens so god damn often).

"Rouge sap is star."

"rouge sap."

It almost makes me feel bad padding my margins while the tank twiddles his thumbs, almost.

Side note to this: tanks, Sap is star. Just like sheep is moon. Get it right. Sap is not square (trap). It is not diamond (banish/fear). It is not triangle (hex). It It is not condom (whatever you want). It's star. (except when shackle is star)

I kind of wish they had marks that actually looked like the CC things (i.e. like a sheep for polymorph, or a frog for hex, etc)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I hate failure DPS, but I only bring my malice to bear with regards to taking their loot if they are non-contributors. Hopefully they will get pissed off and leave, and then a new, better DPS will replace them so that the contributors in the group can enjoy the rest of their run.

The only way to actually lead a PUG is to be nice to people that are doing well and try to be civil in offering advice to people who are sucking. *Sometimes* someone is sucking because they don't understand and not because they are just morons.

But most of the time they are morons. So I am a prissy tank, yes, but I do give people the benefit of the doubt, despite finding out nearly 90% of the time they don't deserve it, because dammit, I want my justice points and it's not like abandoning this group is going to get me one that sucks less.

Walt on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Its funny I always try and select a character name by shortness and without bullshit characters (a hold over from eq where you had to type out someones name to send them a tell).

My rogues name is Kyriac, how fucking hard would it to be to just type "K, kyr, or kyriac." instead of Rogue, I'll never know.

I also tend to say "Hello!" when joining a group and when having to fill spots in an in progress give an explanation for why someone left "I have no clue we killed the first boss no wipes tank dropped."

I don't mind 3/5 guild groups, but not hearing the chatter bugs me.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    My rule of thumb is to just always be polite because nothing kills a run faster than a buttload of drama.

P.S. - and yes, I hate the class name shit too.

Warlock82 on
This discussion has been closed.