As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

TV Shows that died too early.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I liked tis show a bit more than APatow's later stuff

never got any love from fox

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYfDVm0a6GA

plus it aired right when I started college

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    Jademonkey79Jademonkey79 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Has anyone mentioned Jericho yet? That was definitely a canceled TV series that left the story hanging by a thread.

Jademonkey79 on
    "We’re surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Has anyone mentioned Jericho yet? That was definitely a canceled TV series that left the story hanging by a thread.

Not really... they sort of wrapped it up... poorly, yes, but it had a conclusion.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

It got a second series that wrapped things up. Sadly, the second series was super low budget and just generally awful. Sometimes it is better to let sleeping dogs lie. Or dead dogs decay.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Sentry wrote: »

Not really... they sort of wrapped it up... poorly, yes, but it had a conclusion.

Whoa, I had no idea they put a second season together.

Jademonkey79 on
    "We’re surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Sentry wrote: »

Whoa, I had no idea they put a second season together.

It rated a solid "meh". It tied up a few loose ends, but it was too rushed due to only being 7 episodes, and still left you wanting.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Also, I just remembered Kitchen Confidential. Nicholas Brendon (Xander from Buffy) in his first starring role after the series ended.

It was really good

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    BakerIsBoredBakerIsBored Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Has anyone brought up the show Testees? I thought it was decent, but only ran 1 season..

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Has anyone brought up the show Testies? I thought it was decent, but only ran 1 season..

I brought it up earlier, and it's Testees you savage

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    BakerIsBoredBakerIsBored Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Has anyone brought up the show Testees? I thought it was decent, but only ran 1 season..

I brought it up earlier, and it's Testees you savage

WHOOPS... this is what happens when your smoke alarm wakes you up at 3AM crying for a new battery.

FIXED. Truth Serum or VAC Attack are some of my favorite episodes.

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I miss Megas XLR

and I thought New Amsterdam was decent, despite all the hate I've seen for it online

Antimatter on
  • Options
    RohanRohan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Undergrads was great, but some of the voice work was terrible. I remember Rocko and Cal being particularly grating. Gimpy, too, to a lesser extent.

Rohan on
    ...and I thought of how all those people died, and what a good death that is. That nobody can blame you for it, because everyone else died along with you, and it is the fault of none, save those who did the killing.

Nothing's forgotten, nothing is ever forgotten
  • Options
    devCharlesdevCharles Gainesville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Also, I just remembered Kitchen Confidential. Nicholas Brendon (Xander from Buffy) in his first starring role after the series ended.

It was really good

I don't know about really good, but it definitely wasn't bad. It was better than the average sitcom at the very least.

devCharles on
    Xbox Live: Hero Protag
    SteamID: devCharles
    twitter: https://twitter.com/charlesewise
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Can I go ahead and say the Cape? Because there's no way this show survives.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Antimatter wrote: »
    I miss Megas XLR

and I thought New Amsterdam was decent, despite all the hate I've seen for it online

Gotta love a show which had Bruce Campbell as a recurring villain.

DanHibiki on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    There was a show I liked about 5 years back, Airline. It was a documentary on A&E that followed Southwest Airlines at different airports. Nothing fancy, just a nice decent documentary before there became a glut of them on the cable channels.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Can I go ahead and say the Cape? Because there's no way this show survives.

But it's not good...if I told you the show just got cancelled and they're replacing it with Office reruns, would you be broken up about not knowing what happened?

a5ehren on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I think it looks fucking awesome.

As soon as I read Glau was involved, though, I knew it was dead on arrival.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It reminds me of the live action Flash series from the early 90s starring Dawson's dad.

And that's not a compliment.

Delta Assault on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I think it looks fucking awesome.

As soon as I read Glau was involved, though, I knew it was dead on arrival.

Did you see the episode where he has trouble learning a new cape trick but in the end he masters it to save the girl?

Or the episode where he almost catches the person that ruined his life but they slip through his fingers?

I know for a fact at least one of these is an accurate summary for a real The Cape episode.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    DirtmuncherDirtmuncher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I think nobody mentioned Farscape:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDEC5UE34_4

Stopped way to early :(

Dirtmuncher on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I mentioned it briefly. It wasn't WAY too early, Scorpius was turning into a drag, but they damn well owed us at least 1 more season. At least the movie was decent unlike Dead Like Me.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I think nobody mentioned Farscape:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDEC5UE34_4

Stopped way to early :(

It had a good run, though. If we hadn't gotten Peacekeeper War, then I'd probably agree.

Tamin on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oh, speaking of Sci-Fi Shows, anyone remember it's Invisible Man?

I liked that show, but I don't think it got more than one or two seasons.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, it didn't. Scifi can't keep decent shows, you see. They've just given up totally now.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    There were points where Farscape got so meta that I could tell it was coming to an end. One episode in particular where they were cartoons finally sealed the deal for me. I liked the show but you could tell they were running out of steam.

Jademonkey79 on
  • Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    There were points where Farscape got so meta that I could tell it was coming to an end. One episode in particular where they were cartoons finally sealed the deal for me. I liked the show but you could tell they were running out of steam.

What? That was the middle of season 3, long before they were canceled, and a fantastic episode.
    John Crichton: I don't... wanna be like other people. I don't wanna be like you. I don't wanna stoop that low. Kirk wouldn't stoop that low.
    Scorpius: That was a television show, John. And he made Priceline commercials. But if you insist, then look to Kirk the way he really was - savage when he had to be.
    John Crichton: He's a fiction, Harv. I know the difference. I'm real, I have to live with what I do.

Cantide on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I don't know why, it just bugged me.

Jademonkey79 on
  • Options
    ArlingtonArlington Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I don't know why, it just bugged me.

That episode did absolutely nothing for me when it aired. I didn't see it as the beginning of the end though, just a episode I had no interest in.

Arlington on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    The worst episode of Farscape was easily Taking the Stone. I won't hear anything different! Guess that's one minor upside to shows getting killed quick- no time to make Taking the Stones.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I did thoroughly enjoy him screaming in Klingon in battle. Oh and the first episode of farscape that I saw was the one where auron grabbed a Canon that's strapped on the hand and that combination of hand canon and name had me convinced that this was a metroid tv show.

DanHibiki on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Oh, speaking of Sci-Fi Shows, anyone remember it's Invisible Man?

I liked that show, but I don't think it got more than one or two seasons.

Is that the one with the snake tattoo and something to do with quicksilver or something?

Because that show was pretty great. The two main characters really made the show with their comraderie and panter and whatnot.

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Yes, yes it was. There was also the whole going invisible angle. :P

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I always thought it was criminal that. Lone gunman got ignored so badly THEY KILLED THEM.

I mean seriously you killed your show's humor how do you come back from that?

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Was Mister Sterling any good?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Sterling

I spent my primetime TV watching hours dedicated to the West Wing but I only caught one episode of this show.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I always thought it was criminal that. Lone gunman got ignored so badly THEY KILLED THEM.

I mean seriously you killed your show's humor how do you come back from that?

I had completely forgotten about that until now.

Jademonkey79 on
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Missed a few pages...anyone mention live action The Tick?

Hawkstone on
    Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Yes, someone did. And the animated one, I think.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Was Titan Maximum canceled after one season? Cause if it was, that show too.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Quantum Leap.

Kyougu on