As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords (D) Shot

• Options
    TachTach Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Re: crazy pants' favorite books:

I'm willing to lay down $10 that this fruit loop hasn't read 4 of those on his list. The others he probably heard about, or got descriptions of from other people and he thought, "yeah, that sounds cool."

Tach on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm sorry, I don't think this dude was dealing in reality.

[http://www.tucsonweekly.com/TheRange/archives/2011/01/08/the-crazed-internet-rantings-of-jared-loughner

spoilered for size/insanity
    My Final Thoughts: Jared Lee Loughner!
    Most people, who read this text, forget in the next 2 second!

The population of dreamers in the United States of America is less than 5%!

If 987,123,478,961,876,341,234,098,601,978,618 is the year in B.C.E. then the previous year is 987,123,478,961,876,341,234,098,601,978,619 B.C.E.

987,123,478,961,876,341,234,098,601,978,618 is the year in B.C.E.

Therefore, the previous year of 987,123,478,961,876,341,234,098,601,978,619 B.C.E.

If B.C.E. years are unable to start then A.D.E. years are unable to begin.

B.C.E. years are unable to start.

Thus, A.D.E. years are unable to begin.

If A.D.E. is endless in year then the years in A.D.E. don't cease.

A.D.E. is endless in year.

Therefore, the years in A.D.E. don't cease.

If I teach a mentally capable 8 year old for 20 consecutive minutes to replace an alphabet letter with a new letter and pronunciation then the mentally capable 8 year old writes and pronounces the new letter and pronunciation that's replacing an alphabet letter in 20 consecutive minutes.

I teach a mentally capable 8 year old for 20 consecutive minutes to replace an alphabet letter with a new letter and pronunciation.

Thus, the mentally capable 8 year old writes and pronounces the new letter and pronunciation that replaces an alphabet letter in 20 consecutive minutes.

Every human who's mentally capable is always able to be treasurer of their new currency.

If you create one new currency then you're able to create a second new currency.

If you're able to create second new currency then you're able to create third new currency.

You create one new currency.

Thus, you're able to create a third new currency.

You're a treasurer for a new currency, listener?

You create and distribute your new currency, listener?

You don't allow the government to control your grammar structure, listener?

If you create one new language then you're able to create a second new language.

If you're able to create a second new language then you're able to create a third new language.

You create one new language.

Thus, you're able to create a third new language.

All humans are in need of sleep.

Jared Loughner is a human.

Hence, Jared Loughner is in need of sleep.

Sleepwalking

If I define sleepwalking then sleepwalking is the act or state of walking, eating, or performing other motor acts while asleep, of which one is unaware upon awakening.

I define sleepwalking.

Thus, sleepwalking is the act or state of walking, eating, or performing other motor acts while asleep, of which one is unaware upon awakening.

I'm a sleepwalker - who turns off the alarm clock.

All conscience dreaming at this moment is asleep.

Jared Loughner is conscience dreaming at this moment.

Thus, Jared Loughner is asleep.

Terrorist

If I define terrorist then a terrorist is a person who employs terror or terrorism, especially as a political weapon.

I define terrorist.

This, a terrorist is a person who employs terror or terrorism, especially as a political weapon.

If you call me a terrorist then the argument to call me a terrorist is Ad hominem.

You call me a terrorist.

Thus, the argument to call me a terrorist is Ad hominem.

Every United States Military recruit at MEPS in Phoenis is receiving one mini bible before the tests.

Jared Loughner is a United States Military recruit at MEPS in Phoenix.

Therefore, Jared Loughner is receiving one mini bible before the tests.

I didn't write a belief on my Army application, and the recruiter wrote on the application; None.

The majority of citizens in the United States of America have never read the United States of America's Constitution.

You don't have to accept the federalist laws.

Nonetheless, read the United States of America's Constituion to apprehend all of the current treasonous laws.

You're literate, listener?

If the property owners and government officials are no longer in ownership of their land and laws from a revolution then the revolutionary's from the revolution are in control of the land and laws.

The property owners and government officials are no longer in ownership of their land and laws from a revolution.

Thus, the revolutionary's from the revolution are in control of the land and laws.

In conclusion, reading the second United States Constition, I can't trust the current government because of the ratifications: The government is implying mind control and brainwash on the people by controlling grammar.

No! I won't pay debt with a currency that's not backed by gold and silver!

No! I won't trust in God!

What's government if words don't have meaning?

The dude isn't playing with a full deck. It doesn't take a Glenn Beck or Art Bell to get this dude to go off. He could have been watching Sesame Street and seeing everyone as a secret agent for Big Brother Bird.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    All of your grammer are belong to us?

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It's written like a man who has skipped his medication.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    AZ has plenty of terrible politicians letting Brewer send one to Congress would be a nightmare.

She can't. Governors do not have the power to appoint people to the House. There is always, always, a special election.
    Republicans have been having some constitutionality issues lately....

Good thing they just read it out loud then, eh?

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    SpeakerSpeaker Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Some psychologist wrote into the Daily Dish saying he thought it strongly suggested a schizophrenic break.

Speaker on
  • Options
    agentk13agentk13 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    Kagera wrote: »

[http://www.tucsonweekly.com/TheRange/archives/2011/01/08/the-crazed-internet-rantings-of-jared-loughner

If 987,123,478,961,876,341,234,098,601,978,618 is the year in B.C.E. then the previous year is 987,123,478,961,876,341,234,098,601,978,619 B.C.E.

Therefore, the previous year of 987,123,478,961,876,341,234,098,601,978,619 B.C.E.

If I teach a mentally capable 8 year old for 20 consecutive minutes to replace an alphabet letter with a new letter and pronunciation then the mentally capable 8 year old writes and pronounces the new letter and pronunciation that's replacing an alphabet letter in 20 consecutive minutes.

I teach a mentally capable 8 year old for 20 consecutive minutes to replace an alphabet letter with a new letter and pronunciation.

Thus, the mentally capable 8 year old writes and pronounces the new letter and pronunciation that replaces an alphabet letter in 20 consecutive minutes.

Every human who's mentally capable is always able to be treasurer of their new currency.

If you create one new currency then you're able to create a second new currency.

If you're able to create second new currency then you're able to create third new currency.

If you create one new language then you're able to create a second new language.

If you're able to create a second new language then you're able to create a third new language.

Sleepwalking

If I define sleepwalking then sleepwalking is the act or state of walking, eating, or performing other motor acts while asleep, of which one is unaware upon awakening.

I define sleepwalking.

Thus, sleepwalking is the act or state of walking, eating, or performing other motor acts while asleep, of which one is unaware upon awakening.

Terrorist

If I define terrorist then a terrorist is a person who employs terror or terrorism, especially as a political weapon.

I define terrorist.

This, a terrorist is a person who employs terror or terrorism, especially as a political weapon.

If you call me a terrorist then the argument to call me a terrorist is Ad hominem.

You call me a terrorist.

Every United States Military recruit at MEPS in Phoenis is receiving one mini bible before the tests.

I didn't write a belief on my Army application, and the recruiter wrote on the application; None.

The majority of citizens in the United States of America have never read the United States of America's Constitution.

Nonetheless, read the United States of America's Constituion to apprehend all of the current treasonous laws.

If the property owners and government officials are no longer in ownership of their land and laws from a revolution then the revolutionary's from the revolution are in control of the land and laws.

The property owners and government officials are no longer in ownership of their land and laws from a revolution.

Thus, the revolutionary's from the revolution are in control of the land and laws.

In conclusion, reading the second United States Constition, I can't trust the current government because of the ratifications: The government is implying mind control and brainwash on the people by controlling grammar.

The dude isn't playing with a full deck. It doesn't take a Glenn Beck or Art Bell to get this dude to go off. He could have been watching Sesame Street and seeing everyone as a secret agent for Big Brother Bird.

That sounds like Beck's core demographic. So, really, why do you think that he picked a democrat who is a major target of republican animosity and hysteria instead of the set of Sesame Street?

agentk13 on
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oh god, the web comments on these news sites . . .

We've all been watching both sides of the political spectrum in the U.S. do their best to tell the public that the other party is trying to take away your freedom and is your sworn enemy. Now a good woman has been shot due in no small part to that political hysteria. Sad day.

Both sides? Really?

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Also the dude that wrote that thing on Sarah Palin's Facebook was apparently trying to be ironic and is actually liberal. I can't confirm this because he has decided to DELETE FUCKING EVERYTHING and hide from the internets.

http://www.reddit.com/r/reddit.com/comments/eymf5/

Nice going you HOMP.

Kagera on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Also the dude that wrote that thing on Sarah Palin's Facebook was apparently trying to be ironic and is actually liberal. I can't confirm this because he has decided to DELETE FUCKING EVERYTHING and hide from the internets.

http://www.reddit.com/r/reddit.com/comments/eymf5/

Nice going you HOMP.
    That's probably for the best, if you're going to be that stupid you can bet there are other people out there equally stupid who'll react badly to that kind of comment whether it's made ironically or not.

815165 on
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Kagera: holy crap that was like reading the chat log of a demented IM Bot

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Pi-r8Pi-r8 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm hearing that the shooter was an afghan war veteran. That makes a lot of sense to me, for two reasons. One is that it might have triggered some of his craziness. Also, it would explain how this was shooting was so deadly accurate, way worse than most of the crazy guy shootings.

Pi-r8 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    agentk13 wrote: »

Sleepwalking

I define sleepwalking.

Terrorist

I define terrorist.

You call me a terrorist.

That sounds like Beck's core demographic. So, really, why do you think that he picked a democrat who is a major target of republican animosity and hysteria instead of the set of Sesame Street?

Because the universe flipped a coin on what would trigger the wacko. But if you really need tragedies like this to demonize Glenn Beck when you can just do a Google search for his idiotic quotes instead then yes, Glenn Beck brainwashed a stable human and turned him into a killer. It's Sirhan Sirhan all over again!

Kagera on
  • Options
    A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Pi-r8 wrote: »
    I'm hearing that the shooter was an afghan war veteran. That makes a lot of sense to me, for two reasons. One is that it might have triggered some of his craziness. Also, it would explain how this was shooting was so deadly accurate, way worse than most of the crazy guy shootings.

Earlier in the thread someone mentioned he was just in MEPS. I think the accuracy was more of an issue of shooting point blank.

A Half Eaten Oreo on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

All anyone's shown is that he was a recruit at MEPS at one point.

Which would make him not a veteran.

Quid on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I don't think veterans are statistically more likely to go on shooting rampages than non-veterans to be honest.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Most of the military does not train with pistols.

Cabezone on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Veterans: Ticking Time Bombs?

Next on Dateline!
    Lock vets up before they go nuts!

Kagera on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Veterans: Ticking Time Bombs?

Next on Dateline!
    Lock vets up before they go nuts!

How sad is it that the first thing in my mind is 'Maybe then they'd get proper mental healthcare'?

How sadder is it that the next thing in my mind is 'Until it gets taken away because it'd be coddling prisoners'?

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    Agent CooperAgent Cooper Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It's very telling about the sort of people most of you are that you immediately jump to trying to blame conservatives for this instead of waiting for facts or maybe at least noticing the similarities between this and Taxi Driver.

But then, blaming Martin Scorsese or Robert Deniro doesn't suit your half-assed political philosophy of "we're good, you're evil."

Agent Cooper on
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    When was the last time a vet went apeshit? McVeigh?

We've had plenty of domestic terrorism since then.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    CNN says the firearm used had a 30 round magazine, do any pistols have those or were we assuming that it was a pistol?

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Any pistol can have an extended magazine.

Why? What's the difference what kind of gun it was?

Hoz on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Um, DC sniper?

Kagera on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Honk wrote: »
    CNN says the firearm used had a 30 round magazine, do any pistols have those or were we assuming that it was a pistol?

Beretta 93R came with a 20 round clip. Though it would probably be unlikely that it was the gun used in this case. However, custom mags can be made with relative ease.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

Beretta 93R came with a 20 round clip. Though it would probably be unlikely that it was the gun used in this case. However, custom mags can be made with relative ease.

Glock.

glock+33rd+9mm.jpg

30rd 9mm mags.

Allllll over the place.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Um, DC sniper?
    Fair. I'd forgotten about that.

Were there any other recent ones that were former military that I'm missing?

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I'd read it was a glock 9mm pistol.

Cabezone on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    It's very telling about the sort of people most of you are that you immediately jump to trying to blame conservatives for this instead of waiting for facts or maybe at least noticing the similarities between this and Taxi Driver.

But then, blaming Martin Scorsese or Robert Deniro doesn't suit your half-assed political philosophy of "we're good, you're evil."

So the shooter in this case was also trying to woo Jodie Foster?

Or would you prefer to ignore the prominent right-wingers who have been using eliminationist rhetoric for the last couple of years?

Maybe you're right. Maybe a 35 year old film was the cause of all this and absolutely nothing people have been repeating over and over could've ever played a part in it.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Let's see...the shooter was espousing right wing conspiracy theories and shot a Representative that was targeted by the Tea Party. You might not have given him the gun, but you sure helped get him to where he was.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    Hoz wrote: »
    Any pistol can have an extended magazine.

Why? What's the difference what kind of gun it was?

No difference, but I saw people starting to debate whether army trained in pistols or not.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    MyDcmbr wrote: »

Glock.

honking magazine

30rd 9mm mags.

Allllll over the place.

I just posted the first thing that came to mind. My interest in firearms doesn't really extend to deep knowledge of which current guns have extended mags.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    And if you include out-of-country active service you have the guys who killed a family as well as raping the 14 year old daughter, the guys accused of killing civilians while working as private contractors in Iraq, among others.

As well as Fort Hood.

Anyway this isn't to say veterans are in any way statistically more likely to go batshit crazy, just that bad things happen when you put people through traumatic shit without the proper support and care to maintain their well-being.

Kagera on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Let's see...the shooter was espousing right wing conspiracy theories and shot a Representative that was targeted by the Tea Party. You might not have given him the gun, but you sure helped get him to where he was.

I didn't know atheism and burning flags was right wing. GOOD TO KNOW!

Kagera on
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Am I the only one who actually want to hear what the shooter haves to say? Instead of trying to shoe-horn him into any group I'm against?

Cause, right now, you are all labeling him a far-right-liberal-fundamentalist-atheist-communist-libertarian.

Casually Hardcore on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Am I the only one who actually want to hear what the shooter haves to say? Instead of trying to shoe-horn him into any group I'm against?

Cause, right now, you are all labeling him a far-right-liberal-fundamentalist-atheist-communist-libertarian.
    Does it matter what he has to say? I'm not sure there's anything you can say to justify those actions. Though I agree the tribalism is a bit silly.

edit: i saw some thing ages ago about high school shootings and how the media constantly asking about the killer's motive and broadcasting messages they leave just shows other people stupid/unwell enough to do something like that that it's a pretty effective way to get your crazy message across

815165 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I'm labeling him crazy...I dunno what kind. Someone not completely batshit prolly would not have just fired on everyone and would have concentrate on their target.

Cabezone on
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

I didn't know atheism and burning flags was right wing. GOOD TO KNOW!

Burning flags is not a leftist ideology, it's an anti-American ideology.

Atheism has no political party, even if the GOP seems to be heavily Christian.

He espouses the gold standard and limited government. You know. Libertarian. The people who kicked off the Tea Party. And just happened to try to assassinate the woman that's called "Pelosi's Lapdog" in her district by conservatives, and on Palin's "Take Back 20" list or whatever.

Moreso, the guy is off his damn rocker in any shape or form. His ramblings are truly disturbing. All it takes is an effective personality and an idea of heroism to make someone like this dude snap.

And, he may not have even worked alone.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I'm calling him in need of psychiatric treatment.

Whether his views were left or right he was gonna kill SOMEONE someday.

Kagera on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    If that Twitter account of a former friend is accurate, he had a beef with the Congresswoman before all the current political talk about revolution and tea parties.

TexiKen on
This discussion has been closed.