As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

League of Legends: 100% Easier to Find

• Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    We may have lost that game but I killed the enemy Nidalee a bunch of times and she didn't kill me once!

Which makes me the superior (top) cat.

Slicer on
  • Options
    ProbadProbad Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Slicer wrote: »
    We may have lost that game but I killed the enemy Nidalee a bunch of times and she didn't kill me once!

Which makes me the superior (top) cat.

You're still walking funny because of Tryndamere though.

Probad on
  • Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Fizban140 wrote: »
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    Really.

Wow.

... guess it's time for me to solo queue ranked.

Yes, I am sure you are much better than this #2 guy.

Sorry, that was too easy.

No sweat.
    I'd be skeptical/critical of me too, if I were reading my own forum posts. ;-)

To qoute the immortal Mitch Hedberg, "So... you going to the top? ... soon."

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Really.

Wow.

... guess it's time for me to solo queue ranked.

Yes, I am sure you are much better than this #2 guy.

Sorry, that was too easy.

No sweat.
    I'd be skeptical/critical of me too, if I were reading my own forum posts. ;-)

To qoute the immortal Mitch Hedberg, "So... you going to the top? ... soon."

I will meet you at the top and take you down!

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    *queue Duel of the Fates*

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    Rak is already at the top, all the way up there.

Just had my first Annie vs Zilean lane, Zilean zoned me really hard and I wasn't sure what to do. At first it was ok, he would bomb me, I would fireball and shoot him a few times and come out on top, them he started double bombing me for 2/3s my health and I was fucked. I beat him in CS by 20 so I did fine and we won but that was a tough lane.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I want to see a League of Legends movie starring Ian McKellen and Samuel L. Jackson.

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Eve is banned in every top ELO ranked game because of how easy she is to counter and how well wards and oracles work to stop her

Also

Is Doctor Orpheus a pa guy? I played against him earlier.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    tank ryze

is

yes

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hey pro guy, when you're really pro and up there, make sure you let us bads know what the pros are banning so we can short circuit that whole trickle down thing kthx
    Well, he's really, really high at least

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    more leblanc fun
    2n7nps9.png

Laned against vlad, the early negatron does wonders. got two kills off him then laning phase ended. then still proceeded to pick off nidalee or whoever was stupid enough to be below half health. Haters gonna hate, love me some leblanc.

Minerva_SC on
    "If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    TeknoXITeknoXI Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Just had my first Annie vs Zilean lane, Zilean zoned me really hard and I wasn't sure what to do. At first it was ok, he would bomb me, I would fireball and shoot him a few times and come out on top, them he started double bombing me for 2/3s my health and I was fucked. I beat him in CS by 20 so I did fine and we won but that was a tough lane.

Here's how you keep him from zoning you. When he bombs you. Make sure you stand next to your creep wave. This forces the wave to push towards your tower. You should never be zoned by a Zilean, ever. Most people keep their "OMG, get away from me! I'm gonna explode" mentality.

TeknoXI on
    League of Legends: TeknoXI
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    janna vs zilean is a funny matchup

Jars on
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Eve is banned in every top ELO ranked game because of how easy she is to counter and how well wards and oracles work to stop her

Also

Is Doctor Orpheus a pa guy? I played against him earlier.

Nah he was a pub we got.

Slicer on
  • Options
    IncognitoEsqIncognitoEsq TexasRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    TeknoXI wrote: »

Here's how you keep him from zoning you. When he bombs you. Make sure you stand next to your creep wave. This forces the wave to push towards your tower. You should never be zoned by a Zilean, ever. Most people keep their "OMG, get away from me! I'm gonna explode" mentality.

No don't tell people this

How am I going to zone people as Zilean if they wise up to my tricks

IncognitoEsq on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

It doesn't work when it takes half my health with one bomb.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Yeah, this.

That's a great idea in theory, assuming you had enough health+magic res in the laning phase to take that many bombs in the face and not care, but 'just eating it' to push the lane towards your tower is not a palatable option for most.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Wheeee, the server is being terrible

Zandracon on
  • Options
    TeknoXITeknoXI Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Dac wrote: »

Yeah, this.

That's a great idea in theory, assuming you had enough health+magic res in the laning phase to take that many bombs in the face and not care, but 'just eating it' to push the lane towards your tower is not a palatable option for most.

I'm saying to take all the bombs in the face. All it takes is 1 bomb to push the lane towards your tower for a few waves. You just have to try and keep the wave as close to neutral as possible so that it doesn't push the other way once your tower starts to shoot the minions.

TeknoXI on
    League of Legends: TeknoXI
  • Options
    IncognitoEsqIncognitoEsq TexasRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

Well if you're playing Annie (or any caster really) just buy a negatron and build it into an abyssal scepter later. That much MR early game will ruin Zileans bomb nonsense.

Actually this is advice for everyone who complains about being wrecked during laning: buy some appropriate defenses. Seriously, do it.

IncognitoEsq on
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Dac wrote: »

Yeah, this.

I'm saying to take all the bombs in the face. All it takes is 1 bomb to push the lane towards your tower for a few waves. You just have to try and keep the wave as close to neutral as possible so that it doesn't push the other way once your tower starts to shoot the minions.

Going to assume that's 'not saying.'

And okay I get what you're saying now. Your mobs then die a few seconds earlier, so the weak enemy minions push up.

Makes sense, I guess.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I wish there was a Dorans with MR on it.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Arikado wrote: »

There would have been. But Ionia won.

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    shalmelo wrote: »

Fuck Ionia.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    FellhandFellhand Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I've been waiting for one of my buddies to finish his match so we can play one.
    His game is going over 92 minutes. What the hell?

Fellhand on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    that might be bugged

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    shalmelo wrote: »

Fuck Ionia.

Hell no. Cooldown reduction boots are the best new item I've ever seen.

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Is it just me or does Pendragon suck at League?

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    But he's like the... what ever he does at Riot. He knows stuff... I guess.

Mr.Sunshine on
  • Options
    RikushixRikushix VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Went 16/2/7 as Warwick today. Felt good.

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • Options
    CaenemCaenem Sarasota, FLRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm watching a Treeskimo recorded game and I want to scream at my monitor every time he says "wahrd" GODDAMIT ward sounds like board! It's like someone saying Red Sawx over and over.

Caenem on
    But you, pig, are a lucky one. Tell us what we wish to know, and you may yet keep your bacon.
    Nemlock for online gaming
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    bigfatjiji is streaming

he has a hello kitty firefox theme

yes

it is everything i ever wanted it to be

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    i'm the worst player

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    bigfatjiji is my hero

interrobang on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    AS/Bloodrazor Caitlyn hurts nerds bad

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

Going full AD/Crit with a splash of AS is somewhat becoming lackluster, so I think I should try this. You still running Armor Pen runes?

Oh, and referring back to Jungle Xin discussion from last thread, I tried a few different ways to jungle Xin and he does well enough, but a bit slowly. I think he's very viable, but as others said he has a really strong lane presence so why remove him from the lane?

MonkeyConQueso on
    PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Going full AD/Crit with a splash of AS is somewhat becoming lackluster, so I think I should try this. You still running Armor Pen runes?

Oh, and referring back to Jungle Xin discussion from last thread, I tried a few different ways to jungle Xin and he does well enough, but a bit slowly. I think he's very viable, but as others said he has a really strong lane presence so why remove him from the lane?

how bout mallet and atma's?

Feldorn on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

ASpd reds/quints mana regen everywhere else

This is until they FIX HER

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Feldorn wrote: »

how bout mallet and atma's?

On Caitlyn? Rushing mallet with her just leaves her damage kinda...eh. I'm not sure what Atma's would do in the mix, but I can def try it.
    ASpd reds/quints mana regen everywhere else

This is until they FIX HER

I'll give that a shot - although sans the blue regen runes; I'll probably run MR or more AS for fun.

MonkeyConQueso on
    PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oh my fuck

AP Rammus is mean.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg