As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PSP Castlevania At Last!

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Neo Rasa wrote:
    I can't even remember how I got that much. I think I just went crazy with the Jewel Sword all over the Forgotten Chapel.
    I did that for a bit, then switched to using it in that hallway in the Colosseum with the 1000 bag at the end.

Elendil on
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Neo Rasa wrote:
    I can't even remember how I got that much. I think I just went crazy with the Jewel Sword all over the Forgotten Chapel.

I need to go get the damn jewel sword.

I may just glitch it, since I have a diamond.

yalborap on
  • Options
    Blitz RawketBlitz Rawket Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    yalborap wrote:
    Neo Rasa wrote:

I think the Jewel Sword's in the Inverted version of the hidden room right before Dracula's throne.

It's cool because doing its QCF+slash move makes a random number of $1 coins spawn in front of you.

Blitz Rawket on
  • Options
    Neo RasaNeo Rasa Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Elendil wrote:
    Neo Rasa wrote:
    I did that for a bit, then switched to using it in that hallway in the Colosseum with the 1000 bag at the end.

Good one.

There's that place in the Underground Caverns with the cave trolls and $2,000 bag also, that could be a good spot.

yalborap: Do you know where to get them from? You can get it from the Discus Lord in the Catacombs. It's also in the Castle Entrance in the Mermen room. You have to Bat and Wolf charge back and forth through that rocky area you had to break through in the beginning. Angled JUST right you can use the Wolf Charge after going through it the first time to hit a small bit of wall towards the lower left of the room. This opens it up to a space with a Jewel Sword and a Life Apple.

Neo Rasa on
    "You know how Batman hangs people over the edge of buildings and gets them to spill information. That's Neo Rasa's way of it, but instead of information, he just likes to see people suffer." ~Senor Fish
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    yalborap wrote:
    Neo Rasa wrote:

I think the Jewel Sword's in the Inverted version of the hidden room right before Dracula's throne.
    It's also in that stupid hidden room by the Mermen at the castle entrance (normal castle).

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Elendil wrote:
    yalborap wrote:
    Neo Rasa wrote:

It's also in that stupid hidden room by the Mermen at the castle entrance (normal castle).
    I hate that room.

I think I had to read online about that room, and I don't regret not finding out myself in the slightest.

Blitz Rawket on
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Elendil wrote:
    yalborap wrote:
    Neo Rasa wrote:

I hate that room.

I think I had to read online about that room, and I don't regret not finding out myself in the slightest.

What room? I don't remember any secret room there, and I did a LOT of soul steals there to get EXP for my familiars.

MechMantis on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    MechMantis wrote:
    Elendil wrote:
    yalborap wrote:
    Neo Rasa wrote:

I hate that room.

What room? I don't remember any secret room there, and I did a LOT of soul steals there to get EXP for my familiars.
    It isn't breakable.

You know that tunnel you can break open towards the top? You have to run through it as a wolf, and then fly back through it as a bat. You don't get any audio cue, like the sound of the wall crumbling or anything--oh no. You just go down there and the portion of wall is magically gone.

Blitz Rawket on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    MechMantis wrote:
    Elendil wrote:
    yalborap wrote:
    Neo Rasa wrote:

I hate that room.

Because it's not one you have to break into. There is literally no indication that it even exists. You need to go through the rock tunnel as a wolf and bat and it randomly appears.

It's like fucking voodoo to open that room.

Elendil on
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Elendil wrote:
    MechMantis wrote:
    Elendil wrote:
    yalborap wrote:
    Neo Rasa wrote:

I hate that room.

Because it's not one you have to break into. There is literally no indication that it even exists. You need to go through the rock tunnel as a wolf and bat and it randomly appears.

DDDDD:

MAP AREA THAT I DID NOT EXPLORE!!

NEED WALK ARMOR DEFENSE!!

MechMantis on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Elendil wrote:

You beat the CV1 Mummies yet? I posted extensive information a couple of pages ago.

Neo Rasa on
    "You know how Batman hangs people over the edge of buildings and gets them to spill information. That's Neo Rasa's way of it, but instead of information, he just likes to see people suffer." ~Senor Fish
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    MechMantis wrote:
    Elendil wrote:
    MechMantis wrote:
    Elendil wrote:
    yalborap wrote:
    Neo Rasa wrote:

I hate that room.

DDDDD:

MAP AREA THAT I DID NOT EXPLORE!!

NEED WALK ARMOR DEFENSE!!
    :lol:

I'll head to that room in a bit. Right now I'm kicking ass and trying to feed my Muramasa.

yalborap on
  • Options
    The CheeseThe Cheese Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Elendil wrote:
    MechMantis wrote:
    Elendil wrote:
    yalborap wrote:
    Neo Rasa wrote:

I hate that room.

you actually go through it as a bat first and then wolf.

The Cheese on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    yalborap wrote:

I'll head to that room in a bit. Right now I'm kicking ass and trying to feed my Muramasa.

Head to it right now.

Go to the extreme lower left of the room.

Walk JUST FAR ENOUGH to the right that no fish men pop up behind you.

Tape down your attack button with turbo on (you need a third party controller sorry) and walk away for the night.

Walk back and see your Muramasa doing omfgwtfbbqshitawesome damage.

Neo Rasa on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Neo Rasa wrote:
    yalborap wrote:

Head to it right now.

Go to the extreme lower left of the room.

Walk JUST FAR ENOUGH to the right that no fish men pop up behind you.

Tape down your attack button with turbo on (you need a third party controller sorry) and walk away for the night.

Walk back and see your Muramasa doing omfgwtfbbqshitawesome damage.

Want to know the absolute truth?

I'm not even playing on a damn playstation. I converted it to PSX-on-PSP, so no turbo for me.

However, I am not opposed to hitting it again and again as I do other things. Lord knows I did it to level up in CotM in any place with ghosts.

yalborap on
  • Options
    arcatharcath Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I know this is for the psp, but damn, i cant wait for the 360 port to come out.

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    In that case that's still the best spot for its endless enemies at a good pace. You'll also want to try the rooms in the Marble Gallery where Ghosts spawn four at a time.

Neo Rasa on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Neo Rasa wrote:
    In that case that's still the best spot for its endless enemies at a good pace. You'll also want to try the rooms in the Marble Gallery where Ghosts spawn four at a time.

Righto.

Also, is it immoral to use this glitch to get many moneys for the duplicator after I unlock it?

yalborap on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    No.

Neo Rasa on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Neo Rasa wrote:
    No.

Rock.

yalborap on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Neo Rasa wrote:
    Elendil wrote:

You beat the CV1 Mummies yet? I posted extensive information a couple of pages ago.
    Ah, I saw. I'll probably get back to it soon. I never even knew about a powerup outside of the subweapons and whip (and the one that wipes out the enemies on the screen.) Getting all the way to them without dying should be, uh, interesting.

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I briefly considered powering up the Muramasa, but instead decided on using a maxed Sword Familiar. I have my limits.

Elendil on
  • Options
    Thoughtless MuseThoughtless Muse Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Just started PoR, and it's totally awesome, and its convinced me to buy the GBA double pack. Looking forward to finding the second portrait.
    Neo Rasa wrote:
    It's worth it just to get a billion Bwaka Knives or one of the other weak expendable weapons and then go through the game using it as your default. :P

It's unlimited? Shit.

Thoughtless Muse on
    GSCGyms.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Elendil wrote:
    I briefly considered powering up the Muramasa, but instead decided on using a maxed Sword Familiar. I have my limits.

I may have to agree with you. My muramasa does around 51 or 52 damage.

The sword familiar I just got to level 50?

Over 90.

...I...I think I'll use this one.

yalborap on
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    ...so, is this a SotN tip thread now? ;P

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    edited February 2007

It should be.

Fucking sword familiar's range is too short to deal with the damn minotaurs. :x

yalborap on
  • Options
    edited February 2007

It's a Castlevania thread.

Neo Rasa on
  • Options
    TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    so Bloodlines on VC anytime soon maybe? From what I played of Bloodlines, everything was pretty good except the sound effects were terrible (werewolf boss).

TelMarine on
    3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Options
    nathanaelnathanael Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    For my sword familiar, I went to that room at the beginning that's been in every CV since SotN, the long gallery, with the constantly spawning zombies, and sat on the far right, one stair up from the ground, and went to bed.

The sword familiar got to lvl 99 pretty quickly.

nathanael on
    This my Gamertag— NathanaelPM
    This is my PSN ID— Radthanael
  • Options
    powersurgepowersurge Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Is it just me or is that REALLY ugly? When I saw Castlevania PSP I was all SWEET! Then I saw it.... yuck. I'd rather have the original graphics in PSP widescreen than the 3dish type stuff. Much more interested in SotN on Live. I mean sure the original is on there but its an unlockable I think? Meh.

And I actually liked the Mega Man X game on PSP. This just looks uuugggglyyyy. :cry:

powersurge on
  • Options
    TuomaTuoma Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    yalborap wrote:
    :lol:

The fastest way i found is in inverted castle, down where you fight the water chick with big snakes if i don't remember wrong. There are are a million squids, and if you just use the knife together with the thing that gives you MP for damage... Insane amounts of blood =P

Tuoma on
    Tuoma.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    powersurge wrote:
    Is it just me or is that REALLY ugly? When I saw Castlevania PSP I was all SWEET! Then I saw it.... yuck. I'd rather have the original graphics in PSP widescreen than the 3dish type stuff. Much more interested in SotN on Live. I mean sure the original is on there but its an unlockable I think? Meh.

And I actually liked the Mega Man X game on PSP. This just looks uuugggglyyyy. :cry:

Sadly while the original is on there, it is also an unlockable, so this disgrace has to be suffered through.

Neo Rasa on
  • Options
    Original RufusOriginal Rufus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Neo Rasa wrote:
    powersurge wrote:

Sadly while the original is on there, it is also an unlockable, so this disgrace has to be suffered through.

Having never played the original, it's a little irksome that my first run through will undoubtedly be spent comparing it to the goddamned remake.

Original Rufus on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Sad isn't it? Though anyone with that hasn't suffered brain damage will be blown away by how much better the Turbo CD version looks. Seeing more trailers of the remake has only further cemented this in my mind.

Neo Rasa on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    It hardly looks worse than New Super Mario Bros.

I went there.

Besides, it's sounding like the rearranged music will mend all sins.

Blitz Rawket on
  • Options
    edited February 2007

I went there.

This implies that the graphical prowess of the 2D Super Mario Bros. is mentionable in the same encyclopedia as that of the 2D Dracula X. :P

Neo Rasa on
  • Options
    ImranImran Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

I went there.

PSP game doesn't look worse than DS game.

Is this the excuse for bad looking 360 and PS3 games, too? "Sure, it may look bad, but it doesn't look as bad as Red Steel! Ohohoho!"

Imran on
    nanasigsmallerrj4.jpg
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

I went there.
    Now, which console is capable of better graphics?

Couscous on
  • Options
    taerictaeric Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    Imran wrote:

I went there.

PSP game doesn't look worse than DS game.

Is this the excuse for bad looking 360 and PS3 games, too? "Sure, it may look bad, but it doesn't look as bad as Red Steel! Ohohoho!"

I believe he is mentioning more about style of game, though.

I personally think the new castlevania looks hot. My only gripe would be how everything looks utlra slick, but the character now appears to walk in a manner that is not smooth. (I'm not going into whether or not it is realistic.)

So, a better comparison is to Mega Man Maverick Hunter X. Or Ultimate Ghosts and Goblins. Both of those games looked amazing. (At least, to me they did.) And both of those were the same "3d rendering of a 2d game".

Also, that link Neo Rasa did to a Kimpossible game looked hot. I wish there were more 2d games like that. Or, are there and I simply don't know about them?

taeric on
  • Options
    shyguyshyguy Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    It would be nice if there were a simple code that let you unlock the original DracX without beating the remake, or whatever it is they'll have you do.

I have limited interest in the remake (and it's not so much that it's ugly to me - it's such a visual bore), but I'll preorder this for the original and SOTN on-the-go.

I love the idea of sticking CV3 on there, too. It's my favorite of the series and I haven't played it since my NES basically died. It'd be nice not to have to write down those passwords, too...

shyguy on