As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[CHAT]ty Chatty Bang Bang

1505153555662

Posts

  • ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So I now I'm just full of random video game trailers and things, but this looks interesting.

    Its called overgrowth by wolfire studios.

    Here is some timelapse art for the game.

    Pretty cool

    Also. ITS THE HERO OF KVATCH!!! X( /oblivionfacepam 2x combo

    ninjai on
  • wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Today has been a good day. Girls, Possible work, and modded on incontrols stream.

    Something is going to go horribly wrong. D:

    wakkawa on
  • lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    It's good to hear things are looking up, Wak!

    lyrium on
  • JeckalHydeJeckalHyde Lord Awesome New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I always say that good things happen to good people.

    JeckalHyde on
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Wow, okay that's a pretty intense trailer.
    Iruka wrote: »
    Interesting. I'm usually pretty opposed to people throwing kids into violent games, but it looks like they are taking that shit pretty seriously. Maybe there is room in my heart for another zombie game.

    I'm okay with putting kids in violent games so long as there is a reason for putting them there.

    Could this be a zombie game with some actual maturity? I doubt it, but there's always hope; I never expected Red Dead Redemption to be written as well as it was.

    Flay on
  • ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Flay wrote: »

    Could this be a zombie game with some actual maturity?

    GOD I hope so. The article associated with it sure makes it sound that way.

    ninjai on
  • rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Thanks! Just picked one up. Little too big for my dinky 8x10s, but I'm moving to a bigger size anyway. This would be so much easier if oil didn't take so long to dry. I had something in front of a fan for over a full day and it still wasn't dry when I took it to class.

    Oils take about 6 months to dry completely. Usually they are 'travel-dry' in 3-4 days though. You can find mediums to speed up the process.

    rts on
    skype: rtschutter
  • SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    wakkawa wrote: »
    Today has been a good day. Girls, Possible work, and modded on incontrols stream.

    Something is going to go horribly wrong. D:

    dontfuckupdontfuckupdontfuckupdontfuckupdontfuckupdontfuckupdontfuckupdontfuckupdontfuckupdontfuckup

    Siegfried on
    Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The particular pigments that you use also dramatically change the drying time of oils. An umber or something can be dry to the touch in hours, whereas a titanium white can take weeks to dry.

    I've heard you can "bake" oils in an oven on low temps to speed up the process, but obviously do some research on that before you try it.

    Also, I'm pretty sure a fan will do absolutely nothing to speed up dry time of oils.

    Scosglen on
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    That Bach/bluegrass stuffs was awesome Tam.

    earthwormadam on
  • NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I baked my pinewood derby car in an oven once to dry the paint. It made a huge bubble on the paint and I had to sand off all of the paint and repaint it in one night. Still won second in craft, but now I only bake food in the oven.

    NibCrom on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So I just picked up a pair of these

    416ZE03P6aL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

    They look and feel janky as fuck but goddamn they sound fantastic.

    Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

    Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    PortaPros are pretty boss. They are basically the perfect travel headphones

    I think they've had the same design since the 80's.

    Fugitive on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah.

    I kinda wish they would change the overall design (metal headband?) but i guess its hard to argue when they're 32 dollars on amazon and are rocking my world at the moment.

    Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

    Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I like the design! It's very utilitarian.

    It might be because I've come to associate stylish headphones with very low quality.

    Fugitive on
  • F87F87 So Say We All Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8KjO1BsGb0

    Man, I can't get this song out of my head. Plus the crowd is just awesome! I like his pose at 54 secs. Someone should paint that.

    F87 on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Fugitive wrote: »
    I like the design! It's very utilitarian.

    It might be because I've come to associate stylish headphones with very low quality.

    Well, Skull Candy's are awful. However, I'm just thinking that these feel rather flimsy (i.e. like they might snap in half). Maybe that is an illusion or maybe I just need to be really careful with them.

    I'm more used to Sennheisers where are built like rocks.

    Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

    Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    ninjai wrote: »
    Its called overgrowth by wolfire studios.

    Ready to get jealous?
    I bought it two years ago and because I bought it before the "organic preorder pack" I got Natural Selection 2 for free about half a year after I bought it because they'd feel bad about having us early preorderers miss that deal... They practically gave us money =D
    edit: also I've had my fan art featured on their blog

    m3nace on
  • brokecrackerbrokecracker Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    F87 wrote: »
    *SNIP*
    Man, I can't get this song out of my head. Plus the crowd is just awesome! I like his pose at 54 secs. Someone should paint that.

    Did someone just light the WCK signal? (for the record, I like to think the signal is a sequined glove)

    brokecracker on
  • FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    Fugitive wrote: »
    I like the design! It's very utilitarian.

    It might be because I've come to associate stylish headphones with very low quality.

    Well, Skull Candy's are awful. However, I'm just thinking that these feel rather flimsy (i.e. like they might snap in half). Maybe that is an illusion or maybe I just need to be really careful with them.

    I'm more used to Sennheisers where are built like rocks.

    The only problem I've had in the 3 years I've owned mine is the plug, since the wires eventually work themselves loose. But this tends to happen with every pair of headphones I own, so it might just be how I use them.

    The headband/headphones themselves should last awhile as long as you aren't hucking them into things constantly or bending them back super far for some reason.

    Fugitive on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Fugitive wrote: »
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    Fugitive wrote: »
    I like the design! It's very utilitarian.

    It might be because I've come to associate stylish headphones with very low quality.

    Well, Skull Candy's are awful. However, I'm just thinking that these feel rather flimsy (i.e. like they might snap in half). Maybe that is an illusion or maybe I just need to be really careful with them.

    I'm more used to Sennheisers where are built like rocks.

    The only problem I've had in the 3 years I've owned mine is the plug, since the wires eventually work themselves loose. But this tends to happen with every pair of headphones I own, so it might just be how I use them.

    The headband/headphones themselves should last awhile as long as you aren't hucking them into things constantly or bending them back super far for some reason.

    That is seriously the worst thing about headphones. Occasionally the wire comes lose somewhere else but its damn near always by the plug.

    Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

    Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Telltale in California is hiring lighting artists to work on their new Games, The Walking Dead (Whatever) and FUCKING FABLES.


    And I can't work in the US for another 2 years. :I

    Kochikens on
  • FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'll work for them

    Will zero industry experience suffice?

    Fugitive on
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    http://www.telltalegames.com/company/jobs/

    get a job there, fug. So then in 2 years when I am eligible for a work visa you can get me in.

    Kochikens on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    Fugitive wrote: »
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    Fugitive wrote: »
    I like the design! It's very utilitarian.

    It might be because I've come to associate stylish headphones with very low quality.

    Well, Skull Candy's are awful. However, I'm just thinking that these feel rather flimsy (i.e. like they might snap in half). Maybe that is an illusion or maybe I just need to be really careful with them.

    I'm more used to Sennheisers where are built like rocks.

    The only problem I've had in the 3 years I've owned mine is the plug, since the wires eventually work themselves loose. But this tends to happen with every pair of headphones I own, so it might just be how I use them.

    The headband/headphones themselves should last awhile as long as you aren't hucking them into things constantly or bending them back super far for some reason.

    That is seriously the worst thing about headphones. Occasionally the wire comes lose somewhere else but its damn near always by the plug.

    this seems to happen to me within one year of purchasing any pair of headphones
    even sennheisers
    it happens pretty much anywhere there's a change in rigidity
    it is some bullshit, that

    someone needs to develop and manufacture some fixer kits

    Tam on
  • FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Kochikens wrote: »
    http://www.telltalegames.com/company/jobs/

    get a job there, fug. So then in 2 years when I am eligible for a work visa you can get me in.

    Oops, it looks like I am woefully unqualified for every single one of those positions. I should really get off my duff and learn some basic flash so I can do UI design.

    Unless


    Kochi, what can you teach me about lighting design in the next 24 hours?

    Fugitive on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Tam wrote: »
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    Fugitive wrote: »
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    Fugitive wrote: »
    I like the design! It's very utilitarian.

    It might be because I've come to associate stylish headphones with very low quality.

    Well, Skull Candy's are awful. However, I'm just thinking that these feel rather flimsy (i.e. like they might snap in half). Maybe that is an illusion or maybe I just need to be really careful with them.

    I'm more used to Sennheisers where are built like rocks.

    The only problem I've had in the 3 years I've owned mine is the plug, since the wires eventually work themselves loose. But this tends to happen with every pair of headphones I own, so it might just be how I use them.

    The headband/headphones themselves should last awhile as long as you aren't hucking them into things constantly or bending them back super far for some reason.

    That is seriously the worst thing about headphones. Occasionally the wire comes lose somewhere else but its damn near always by the plug.

    this seems to happen to me within one year of purchasing any pair of headphones
    even sennheisers
    it happens pretty much anywhere there's a change in rigidity
    it is some bullshit, that

    someone needs to develop and manufacture some fixer kits

    Best you can do is get some headphones with replaceable wires... but they are damn expensive (the phones i mean, not sure about the wires)

    Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

    Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Fugitive wrote: »
    Kochikens wrote: »
    http://www.telltalegames.com/company/jobs/

    get a job there, fug. So then in 2 years when I am eligible for a work visa you can get me in.

    Oops, it looks like I am woefully unqualified for every single one of those positions. I should really get off my duff and learn some basic flash so I can do UI design.

    Unless


    Kochi, what can you teach me about lighting design in the next 24 hours?

    http://www.telltalegames.com/company/jobs/tester

    i'm not teaching you how to do my job. You'll take my job!!!

    Kochikens on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I wish I knew more about 3D lighting- I can offer got critiques usually... but i can't do it myself.

    Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

    Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Kochikens wrote: »
    Fugitive wrote: »
    Kochikens wrote: »
    http://www.telltalegames.com/company/jobs/

    get a job there, fug. So then in 2 years when I am eligible for a work visa you can get me in.

    Oops, it looks like I am woefully unqualified for every single one of those positions. I should really get off my duff and learn some basic flash so I can do UI design.

    Unless


    Kochi, what can you teach me about lighting design in the next 24 hours?

    http://www.telltalegames.com/company/jobs/tester

    i'm not teaching you how to do my job. You'll take my job!!!

    Or I could get promoted in two years and you get hired under me. Then you could write blogposts about your boss' utter incompetence.

    Woah hold on, tester?!?!?! You mean they pay me to play videogames all day?! KA-CHING!

    Fugitive on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    3D lighting

    more like

    something else

    edit: damn it Dan Auerbach stop shaving your fucking beard
    you look like a ghoul without it

    Tam on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    tighten up the graphics on level 3

    Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

    Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    do another pass on the player path on level 3_03

    Kochikens on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    napp The Black Keys won awards

    I will be consuming an alcoholic beverage in their honor

    I hope you will too

    Tam on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    tam: its not the beard that is weird.

    Its his new 50's Grease lightening hair cut.

    edit: I would... but dry campus :(

    I have to wait until sat day night.

    Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

    Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I love the beard and hate both the lack of it and also the hair

    Tam on
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Moss on my fav art blog

    What'd the Black Keys win?

    earthwormadam on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I should know... but they def won Best alternative album by duo or group, best cover art and i think best alternative rock record.

    Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

    Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    oh hey full moon
    I wish I had a telescope
    If I ever become well to do, I will buy one of them fancy ones and go out into the desert on them stargazing things
    maybe buy one of them that lets you see nebulae
    yup

    Tam on
This discussion has been closed.