As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CHAT]ty Chatty Bang Bang

• Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I had a telescope once, not a fancy one mind you.

Man I feel so bad after I yell at my dog. She got in the trash so I yelled at her and smacked her bottom and now she's hiding under a table and wont come out.

EDIT: ok we have made amends.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Kochikens wrote: »
    http://www.telltalegames.com/company/jobs/

get a job there, fug. So then in 2 years when I am eligible for a work visa you can get me in.

Strangely enough, I cant leave the US for 2 years because of a green card.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Okay look I realize that if I have to be on one of the extreme ends of the body mass spectrum, I am quite fortunate to be very tall and skinny rather than very fat. That said, I'm going to complain now.
    Other girls my age all tell me "omg you are so lucky that you are so thin you can wear whatever you want omg so lucky." WRONG. It is way easier to be of average size than not and it is messed up that people believe otherwise. I can NOT wear whatever I want because it isn't made to fit me.
    Today was a beautiful beautiful warm day, and I realized I had more money in my account then I thought I would, so I decided to go out and get a pretty dress that I could wear in the warm weather and smile. Then when I went out and started trying things on I remembered that stores do not sell things to fit women shaped like me and that even though I found a lot of things that looked pretty on the hanger, I did not find a single thing that hung well on me after going to several stores.
    I just wanted a pretty dress :(
    I'm getting the message that I should apparently just walk around naked if it's so great to be skinny and there are no clothes that fit me.

/End stupid rant

lyrium on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Don't worry, I am about to open a national chain of specialty shops called "Herr Beanpole's Little Bavarian Sartorium".

Tam on
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    wakkawa wrote: »
    Today has been a good day. Girls, Possible work, and modded on incontrols stream.

Something is going to go horribly wrong. D:

Way to be, sir!

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    we have all sizes ranging from lanky to two dimensional all the way to Kate Moss

also, a huge sample tray of metal:
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    http://www.mapofmetal.com/#/home

Holy shit you guys. Holy shit.

Tam on
  • Options
    Uncle LongUncle Long Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    All my stuff. It's breaking.

My main camera body has a busted mirror action. Not cheap to fix! Also, my car was being a bit uppity which means my girlfriend (who uses the car as her daily driver) called me in a panic when it wouldn't start. This coupled with the camera thing have made this a no good very bad day.

On the bright side I had some leftover pizza today.

How come no one told me that dominos was putting garlic and butter on their crust? I've been in Alaska for so long I've missed these glorious innovations, like the pizza tracker which lovingly tells me when my pizza is baking, and when it is being "inspected for quality."

Uncle Long on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Uncle Long wrote: »
    like the pizza tracker which lovingly tells me when my pizza is baking, and when it is being "inspected for quality."

ahahahahahaahha

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    "being shat in by Seymour"

Tam on
  • Options
    DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I hate that Seymour guy!

DeeLock on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    171_fry_s-dog-seymour-20060525.gif

Tam on
  • Options
    DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Always poopin' in my pizza.

Jerk.

DeeLock on
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    Uncle Long wrote:
    like the pizza tracker which lovingly tells me when my pizza is baking, and when it is being "inspected for quality."

Now, I haven't had Domino's Pizza myself in like 18 years, but from what I've heard, the only way the 'inspection for quality' thing makes any sense if it is meant to indicate that they are scrupulously making sure that the pizza doesn't have any.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I want to get a bike.

I was gonna get one like a year ago, but something came up and I had to put that aside.

Now all I remember about the bike I wanted to get is that it was a white one.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Also, you guys?

Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Uncle Long wrote:

Now, I haven't had Domino's Pizza myself in like 18 years, but from what I've heard, the only way the 'inspection for quality' thing makes any sense if it is meant to indicate that they are scrupulously making sure that the pizza doesn't have any.

Yo dogg you gonna get all up on the new Domino's original recipe pizza. They heard the hot gooey truth some noids were slingin about their dough and sauce and cheese combinations being whack, so they got down to business and formulatized a new sauce co-efficient, re-realized their doughology, and got cheese so fresh you can smell the cow's pussy, SO YOU BEST HIT THAT HOTNESS HOME(pizza)SLICE!

Fugitive on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    No, uh....I...I'm good.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    who broke Fug this time

Tam on
  • Options
    Uncle LongUncle Long Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I just really like tracking my delivery food as it's born.

Uncle Long on
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Wait until they get that technology for keeping you updated on your babies status.

When the baby kicks it automatically sends a tweet or status update to Facebook.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    edited February 2011

I will only care about this when pizza delivery is done in a manner similar to the first chapter of Snow Crash, and even then only if there's a live dashboard cam feed.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

I read this as "food delivery", and with the "born" you threw in at the end there, it still made sense!!

Horrifying!

NightDragon on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Tam wrote: »
    171_fry_s-dog-seymour-20060525.gif

Such a good dog he can do three things at once!

Also I'm currently writing a paper about a movie I didn't watch.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Siegfried wrote: »
    wakkawa wrote: »
    Today has been a good day. Girls, Possible work, and modded on incontrols stream.

Something is going to go horribly wrong. D:

dontfuckupdontfuckupdontfuckupdontfuckupdontfuckupdontfuckupdontfuckupdontfuckupdontfuckupdontfuckup

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd :(

wakkawa on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Also, today was so awesome. I've come to terms with things probably never happening between me and the girl i've been all caught over and you know what? I feel great! Weird, but true.

On to new things.

Like bullshitting this paper...

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    lyrium wrote: »
    Okay look I realize that if I have to be on one of the extreme ends of the body mass spectrum, I am quite fortunate to be very tall and skinny rather than very fat. That said, I'm going to complain now.
    Other girls my age all tell me "omg you are so lucky that you are so thin you can wear whatever you want omg so lucky." WRONG. It is way easier to be of average size than not and it is messed up that people believe otherwise. I can NOT wear whatever I want because it isn't made to fit me.
    Today was a beautiful beautiful warm day, and I realized I had more money in my account then I thought I would, so I decided to go out and get a pretty dress that I could wear in the warm weather and smile. Then when I went out and started trying things on I remembered that stores do not sell things to fit women shaped like me and that even though I found a lot of things that looked pretty on the hanger, I did not find a single thing that hung well on me after going to several stores.
    I'm getting the message that I should apparently just walk around naked if it's so great to be skinny and there are no clothes that fit me.

/End stupid rant

ok so

being at one end of the spectrum is one thing, but being within reasonable bounds of the spectrum for the rest of the world and still being unable to find anything that fits you in the US is another thing.

The US clothing retail market has just up and decided that men do not have waists smaller than 30".
    What's the smallest size you have here, kind retail associate? "30x30." what's the biggest? "oh, i dunno... 42x40 maybe?"
    Meanwhile in Korea- Pardon me, but do you know if you have any clothes that would fit me? "yes, the large department is over there."

Asian / European shirt size? L/XL. American shirt size? S, XS for "athletic sizes". If I want a "slim fit" muscle shirt I go to the boy's department.
    shirts in the boys department are like 4$ though. EFF. YES.
    though finding anything that isn't covered in cartoon skateboarders is a monumental task.

Molybdenum on
    Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So, Farcry 2. While gorgeous. Is fucking terrible. What worthless gameplay.

ninjai on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited February 2011
  • Options
    Nineteen HundredNineteen Hundred Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I... I think that guy just broke the universe....

Nineteen Hundred on
    There was something important here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    Breaking the universe is as easy as using a fixed camera and a pretty old optical illusion?

bombardier on
  • Options
    squidbunnysquidbunny Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Does anyone else find Kotaku's recently-overhauled site a chore to interface with or am I just cranky and old?

squidbunny on
    header_image_sm.jpg
  • Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    squidbunny wrote: »
    Does anyone else find Kotaku's recently-overhauled site a chore to interface with or am I just cranky and old?
    Me too. It has ridiculous hashtags and it mostly doesn't work for me - sometimes the pages wont really load. However I've started using ca.kotaku.com instead. It's got the exact same content just with the old layout!HOORAY

m3nace on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    So, it turns out my co-worker's girlfriend just so happens to be the grand daughter of the second richest man in Japan. He told me he's flying to Tokyo soon... in the family jet... I must admit I am, for the first time in my life, jealouse of someone.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    squidbunnysquidbunny Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    m3nace wrote: »
    I've started using ca.kotaku.com instead. It's got the exact same content just with the old layout!HOORAY

Tip of the day. Thank you. :D

squidbunny on
    header_image_sm.jpg
  • Options
    melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    lyrium wrote: »

/End stupid rant

This is two pages back, but I want to reassure you, Lyrium, that being average isn't always so great either. I find myself right in the middle, so when I go shopping at some stores, I can't always find my size because they're all sold out D:

I hate clothes shopping in general. I think it can suck for anyone
    I hate bra shopping even more

melting_doll on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I'll back you up Lyrium. I wear the same clothes over and over because nothing ever fits me. Though I choose being skinny over being obese.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    That's a good choice.

I found the bike I was looking for again. But it doesn't come in white anymore. Only silver. Fuck.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    Red_ArremerRed_Arremer Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Lyrium: I feel your pain. I am 3 foot 7, big chest. back, and shoulders. All the shirts I find are either suffocatingly tight but the right length, or comfortable and too long. I can never wear cool t-shirts because they never make them in small child sizes.

Anyways. I might be studying in Japan for 2 months in the summer. So excited.

Red_Arremer on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    How is your Japanese Red?

MagicToaster on
This discussion has been closed.