As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CHAT]ty Chatty Bang Bang

• Options
    Red_ArremerRed_Arremer Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Amari. Not great in the scheme of things. I'm learning "ni ikimasu" right now. That being said, I'm probably in the top 5 of my class, or at least I hope so. You lived in Japan for awhile didn't you?

Red_Arremer on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    No, I've just been there a couple of times, though soon I hope to be able to move there. I can't believe I've been studying Japanese for 10 years now! I really should have studied foreign languages in college. It's incredible fun!

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Yeah I really want to become fluent, and it's definitely my favorite class right now. Maybe move there after I graduate college to teach or get a Japanese language degree. WE COULD BE ROOMIES MT ROOMIES.

Red_Arremer on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So I got accepted into Seneca's Digital Media Arts program today, which is good! I also found out that I can use that acceptance to reserve a spot for the Winter semester for next year instead of September, so that's also good!

The only thing holding me back is saving up the required cash before I can start, hence starting in January '11 instead of September '10.

I need to save up at least $10k before I can start school, and i'd have 8 months to do so. My goal is actually $20,000, but there's no way I can hit that mark before next year rolls around. The closer I can get to that the better though, so hopefully the job market in the Woodlands/Houston area isn't crap!

Godfather on
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    It would be pretty hard to start school in September 2010 right now. Or January 2011.

Kochikens on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    You can doit. Just get a time machine.

Red_Arremer on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Kochikens wrote: »
    It would be pretty hard to start school in September 2010 right now. Or January 2011.

Well I have to go back home to start saving up. I won't have to pay any bills while i'm there, and even a minimum wage job would chip away at that amount considerably.

It just really depends on how long it takes to get said job.

Godfather on
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Godfather do you know what date it is

Have you been time travelling recklessly and landed in the wrong place in your timeline?

Kochikens on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Oh wait, I get it now. Whoops!

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Yeah I really want to become fluent, and it's definitely my favorite class right now. Maybe move there after I graduate college to teach or get a Japanese language degree. WE COULD BE ROOMIES MT ROOMIES.

If we're ever in Japan at the same time, I'd surely like to hang out with you! Keep at it with the Japanese, it's a great language!

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    ninjai wrote: »
    So, Farcry 2. While gorgeous. Is fucking terrible. What worthless gameplay.

well just dont drive through a checkpoint and realise you have to turn around, there is NEVER a good reason to go back through one...
    i bought that one before i read any reviews thinking it would be a prettier version of farcry... so i read more reviews now

farbekrieg on
  • Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    ninjai wrote: »
    So, Farcry 2. While gorgeous. Is fucking terrible. What worthless gameplay.

what blasphemy is this?!

"Africa Game", as it is affectionately known by my non-gamer roommate, is the pinnacle of sandbox entertain-
    what? Just Cause 2? No, I can't run that at more than 6fps.
    -ment. Its one of those games that's fun to watch just because of how horribly everything always goes wrong. He's the engineering type who never got into the vidyagames but likes football and cars and explosions and bacon, so after catching glimpses of me constantly Molotoving fuel depots and running over checkpoints in assault trucks he started a ritual of sitting next to me and watching during the nightly gaming session. A little weird at first, but now he's taken up Africa Game himself and sends me texts about his non-gamer struggles.

"Turns out if you sit still for too long hiding from an enemy behind a rock for three whole days you fall asleep in place." "Today I killed all of the zebras. They are now extinct."
    "NOT AGAIN, GODDAAAAAMMIIIIIIT PAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUL" - buddy missions lol
    "Did you know that you drive a hanglider?!"
    "HELP I CAN'T GET OUT OF THE HANGGLIDER"

My plan was ALL DRAGUNOV, ALL THE TIME. And don't feel rushed by the story missions, they can wait. Go cross-country rather than following the roads everywhere- you'll find more awesome stuff that way and won't get fed up with constant checkpoint shenanigans.

If the checkpoints are a serious impediment to your gamebliss, I'm pretty sure there be an array of mods to fix that for you.

Molybdenum on
    Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    The_Glad_HatterThe_Glad_Hatter One Sly Fox Underneath a Groovy HatRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    No, I've just been there a couple of times, though soon I hope to be able to move there. I can't believe I've been studying Japanese for 10 years now! I really should have studied foreign languages in college. It's incredible fun!

due to your avatar i keep having to remind myself you're a guy, and now you're old too!?
    Internet people, who are you?

The_Glad_Hatter on
  • Options
    NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Old? He's only 28 I think. Oh no... I'll be 28 this year.

noooooooo

NibCrom on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited February 2011
    Dude, I'll be 30 in August...

Grifter on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Grifter, what were dinosaurs like?

NibCrom on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Yep, I'm 28!

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Hey MT, you know how at the beginning of a paragraph, if it starts with a quotation mark, it's hanging outside of the margin, how do you do that in InDesign?

NibCrom on
  • Options
    SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Looks like I missed out on the headphones discussion. I like skullcandy's but only the more pricey ones are actually any good.

I just got SK pros in the mail and they are siiiiccckkkkk

Siegfried on
    Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • Options
    The_Glad_HatterThe_Glad_Hatter One Sly Fox Underneath a Groovy HatRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Okay.. For me college lasted 'till, like, 25, so adding 10 years to that mad him in his thirties.
    That and i keep on forgetting that i am no longer in my "early twenties" (hitting 27 this year).

The_Glad_Hatter on
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    NibCrom wrote: »
    Hey MT, you know how at the beginning of a paragraph, if it starts with a quotation mark, it's hanging outside of the margin, how do you do that in InDesign?

Highlight the text that you want, then go to type > story, then select optical margin alignment.

Flay on
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'll be 25 in two months.

Sigh.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    You are not MT! Thanks Flay! :)

Also, thank you Grifter for not giving me an infraction.

Glad Hatter: Haha, you are old too! :)

NibCrom on
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    He knows my secret, get him!

I'll be 20 next month. Oh noes adulthood. D:

Flay on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    main advantage of becoming a geezer is that you improve at drawing.

According to my calculations i'm gonna be a fucking michelangelo at 112! Slow and steady wins the race!

The_Glad_Hatter on
  • Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    :) Ingrid Bergman once said that age is like climbing a mountain. You'll become a bit out of breath, but along the way you also get a far better view.
    But fuckdatshit I'm 16 :lol:... And totally inappropriate. (note: she did not say those last sentences)

m3nace on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Angel Art Academy

I really enjoyed this video on the history of academic painting. It's part one of 3 in a series of lectures. The other 2 videos mainly focus on the education studens receive in the academy (pretty straightforward classical academic drawing) but are still very interesting.

Man i wish one of those watts/ angel/ escaliers academies were near my place...

The_Glad_Hatter on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Flay wrote: »
    He knows my secret, get him!

I'll be 20 next month. Oh noes adulthood. D:

just wait until you're living entirely independently!

Tam on
  • Options
    brokecrackerbrokecracker Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm 28, wife turns 29 tomorrow. yea, that's right...she's a cradle robber.

brokecracker on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    [Snip]

I really enjoyed this video on the history of academic painting. It's part one of 3 in a series of lectures. The other 2 videos mainly focus on the education studens receive in the academy (pretty straightforward classical academic drawing) but are still very interesting.

Where do you live? If you're in the US, they're pretty much scattered all over the country. I'm going to check out the one in Minneapolis.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

My wife is a cougar too. She's 28 and I'm 27. grrrowllll

NibCrom on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Where do you live? If you're in the US, they're pretty much scattered all over the country. I'm going to check out the one in Minneapolis.

north-east of Belgium.
    nearest major one that i know of is Paris.

i DID inroll in a small model-drawing class nearby, but the first time i enrolled it got cancelled because there weren't enough participants. Crossing my fingers for the next one...

The_Glad_Hatter on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Hmm. There's a mouse in my house.

How to catch it alive? I'd rather release it outside than kill it.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

north-east of Belgium.
    nearest major one that i know of is Paris.

i DID inroll in a small model-drawing class nearby, but the first time i enrolled it got cancelled because there weren't enough participants. Crossing my fingers for the next one...

do

do you know

Mr. Hercule Poirot

Tam on
  • Options
    Dances With MagpiesDances With Magpies Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Heh, I'm 6 months older than my husband.

On an unrelated note, I heard that there's going to be some aurora borealis activity tonight.

Dances With Magpies on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Grifter wrote: »
    Dude, I'll be 30 in August...

Dude, I'LL be 30 in August! WhhHHA

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    TWINS

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    I'll be 29 in less than a week!

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    Nineteen HundredNineteen Hundred Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm confident it's the 22nd.

Nineteen Hundred on
    There was something important here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    The only person who knows my true birthdate is Radiohead, and the gave me a new album for it this year!

Thanks Radiohead, you're the best!

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
This discussion has been closed.