As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[CHAT]ty Chatty Bang Bang

• Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    For anyone interested in illustration stuff, James Gurney just posted a video of Dean Cornwell painting an illustration. Of course, with all the Gnomon and Massive Black DVDs available now it's comparatively pretty scant on instruction, but it's still pretty interesting to see an illustrator at the top of his game in the 40's at work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs7VY16nTA0&feature=player_embedded

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Welp, if you eat with stainless steel silverware it would taste like that.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • meowmixmeowmix Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    MT, if it's not too late, please get a second AND a third opinion on those supposed eighteen cavities.

Unless all teeth in your mouth are giving you pain every time you chew or drink cold water, eighteen sounds sketchy, and needs to be checked out.

I have fillings myself, and I'm not scared of the dentist, but I've heard multiple stories from friends (and dental professionals) about not-so-smart dentists recommending way too many fillings, possibly from a profit motive. And I myself have a crown on a tooth because an incompetent dentist put in an unnecessary filling, and did it badly. The "unnecessary" isn't my judgment, it came from two other dentists reviewing the x-rays after the fact. :evil:

I've had times when three areas of my mouth screamed at me when I drank water, and my excellent current dentist recommended sealant (no cutting needed) on two teeth. Problem solved.

I mean, I want you to get fillings if they're needed, but maybe you need only half that number, and sealant on a few more.

meowmix on
  • NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Okay, I found my wisdom teeth. They're like five years old, but they're still in one piece. I also have a couple of other teeth, but one of them is broken. Let me know where to send them, MagicToaster.

NibCrom on
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    Girls, am I right? The most beautiful and confusing of all creatures.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Mars... women are insane, but I wouldnt trade them for anything. What happened?
    Tam wrote: »
    wait what

MT how did you not notice 18 cavities?

I thought those were Oreo bits, they look the same!

Also, Meow, thanks for the words! Ive had horrible experiences with Dentists. One put in a needle wrong and for a long time my mouth was crooked when pronounced certain words, but Im pretty sure shes not making this up.

MagicToaster on
  • Nineteen HundredNineteen Hundred Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Girls, am I right? The most beautiful and confusing of all creatures.

Women. Can't live with 'em, because they all think you're a little weird and off-putting.

Wait, I don't think that's how that's supposed to go.

Nineteen Hundred on
    There was something important here. It's gone now.
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm quite happy with teeth, the only problem I've ever had with them was getting my wisdom teeth out.

EDIT:
    Forbe! wrote: »
    I'll carve you some wooden ones.

Unless you want stainless steel.

Holy shit, Jaws got old.

Flay on
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So, I havent been to the dentist in like 5 years...... turns out I have 18 cavities.....

Just got six filled this morning. 744$. And not only that, but if it wasn't for this dentists appointment, I would have been in the sky with Bombardier.

And it's not even my fault! I have teeth that are just super prone to decay. I am on high flouride toothpaste and shit now.

Kochikens on
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    I think half of my teeth are porcelain at this point. I had some bad cavities that parlayed into needing root canals because of inadequate flossing over the years. I've always had an unhealthy avoidances of the Dentist, as well. Now I live in San Francisco where there isn't sugar in anything, so I'm not really sure what the state of my teeth are.
    Mars... women are insane, but I wouldnt trade them for anything. What happened?

I wouldn't trade them for anything either. If I weren't provided with experiences like this, than I'd have nothing to write about. My girlfriend and I have been separated for some time now, with intermittent attempts at working things out to varying degrees. Currently, she had made it clear she wanted to stay separated (for one reason or another) and I had made a miserable time of it trying to respect that and move past it myself.

But then we ended up getting together last night and having a good time of it, so, fuck-me if I know. Right?

EDIT: Top O' the Fuckin' Page. Fantastic.

• lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hey guys, how do I make prints? And how much do I charge for them?
    Someone who saw my stuff on exhibit wants to buy prints of 3 paintings, all A4 or smaller.

lyrium on
  • MoorkusMoorkus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I haven't been to the dentist in 8 or 9 years, last time I got told showing up
    every 3 years or so would be fine since I've never had any trouble except for the
    chunk of front-tooth that got knocked out by a metal pipe (swimming lesson, not gang
    violence), and then I kind of never bothered, probably should go soon before all
    my teeth fall out or I die.

Moorkus on
  • IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    Im not really understanding how metal pipes are involved in swimming... I'm going to have to assume it was pool related gang violence.

I need to go get my wisdom teeth out. I have been avoiding it.

Iruka on
  • MoorkusMoorkus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Like dodge ball, except we used metal pipes and beatings.
    (Some kind of metal hand railing thing + stupid kid not watching where he was
    swimming)

Moorkus on
  • wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I can think of at least a dozen uses for a metal pipe while swimming.

wakkawa on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    like gang related pool beatings?

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • ChromatomicChromatomic Mr. DCRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The pool gangs where I used to live were really bad. Lot's of people got water up their noses in swim-by splashings.

Chromatomic on
  • IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    wakkawa wrote: »
    I can think of at least a dozen uses for a metal pipe while swimming.

Thats what she said.

But pool gang violence is serious wakk.

Iruka on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    those water polo jocks are such an awful bunch of ruffians

Tam on
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Water Polo should be played on sea horses.

ChicoBlue on
    edited February 2011
    Can anyone read this music and tell me what the song is?
    yf79t.jpg

• melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Well first off, it's weird to me that there are no flats or sharps

melting_doll on
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, I can't read music so it may very well be nonsense. I just figured it was legit.

• melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I could go play it right now and find out, but the room where my keyboard is in is currently occupied D:

melting_doll on
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Iruka wrote: »
    Im not really understanding how metal pipes are involved in swimming... I'm going to have to assume it was pool related gang violence.

I laughed way too hard at this. I think its comments like these that keep me coming back to these boards.

MagicToaster on
    edited February 2011
    yf79t.jpg

Well I can't read music either, so I'm going to take a stab in the dark and guess it's LL Cool J's Big Ole Butt.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Water Polo should be played on sea horses.
    2zzm4rc.jpg?

Tam on
    edited February 2011
    yf79t.jpg

Well I can't read music either, so I'm going to take a stab in the dark and guess it's LL Cool J's Big Ole Butt.

No no, I'm pretty certain it's Mamma Said Knock You Out.

edited February 2011
    yf79t.jpg

No no, I'm pretty certain it's Mamma Said Knock You Out.

You just want an excuse for smashing it across the head of one of your rivals whilst declaring 'Mama said knock you out', don't you?

Angel_of_Bacon on
    edited February 2011
    Ahab, clearly I would shout "Don't call it a comeback!"

edited February 2011
    I'm sure this strategy will work out well for you- that is, until you find yourself clearly outmatched by someone wielding a canteen with the beat to Don Covay's Rumble in the Jungle etched into it.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    SMWN I'm pretty sure that's not an actual song. I just plugged it into finale (a program for writing sheet music) and it was gibberish, unless I put it in wrong.

edit:

especially considering there is no way of telling what type of note it is (quarter, half, whole, 8th, 16th etc) if they're all quarter notes, then there are at least 4 incomplete measures.
    2zzm4rc.jpg?

Tam just won this entire forum.

He won.

Game over.

ninjai on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hey guys, my tablet pen is acting like a mouse for some reason. The solution online I found was to change my pen tablet properties, but I can't seem to find it anywhere on my computer!

Anyone know how to fix this? What's the name that a Wacom Intuos 3 tablet would go by on a computer?

Godfather on
  • FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    It might also be because Wacom drivers are notoriously shitty and like to just check out sometimes. Have you tried restarting or re-installing the drivers?

Fugitive on
    edited February 2011
    EDIT: aHA! Got it fixed. Eat cock photoshop!

Thanks fug!

Godfather on
  • KronusKronus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Restarting my laptop works 99% of the time for me, which is a giant pain in the butt to have to do every time. I should fix that sometime. If a restart doesn't work for you, you might want to check and make sure the drivers are up to date (just have to go to the Wacom site and download the latest ones for your model).

EDIT: Nevermind!

Kronus on
    edited February 2011
    Good news: installing the new driver fixed the mouse issue!

Bad news: it killed the pressure sensitivity in the process. The plot thickens ahaha

EDIT: Kronus saves the day, oh yeah!

Godfather on
  • ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    YAY! Posting on here from my PERSONAL laptop for the first time :P

ninjai on
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Such a productive day, I have done so many things.

Also I don't think I need a laptop, but I can see how some sort of smart-phone would be handy. But I'm still holding off buying one for as long as possible.

Flay on
    edited February 2011
    I would love to own a smart phone. The only one I have is a pay-as-you-go Razor.

Apparently you're not allowed to get any sort of cell phone plan in Canada without a social security number, so i'd have to wait till I get landed status before I could do that.

That could take up to four years. I wonder what my future phone can do by then?

Godfather on
This discussion has been closed.