As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[CHAT]ty Chatty Bang Bang

• bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    Yo dawgs.
    I'm new. :>

Followed a friend here, but I figured I'd post and say hiiiii before I go back to just lurking.

Hiiiii.

Welcome aboard, now get an avatar and post something!

bombardier on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Forbe! wrote: »
    ninjai wrote: »
    You've never met me then. I've got 320 hrs on my casual playlist. Which are all favorited songs I've heard at least twice.

That's not to mention the rest of the music I've never even heard yet, just sitting on my hard drive.

No, I haven't met you, but I have met people like you. Hur hur hur.

Don't hate just cause people like us appreciate music :P

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    ninjai wrote: »
    You've never met me then. I've got 320 hrs on my casual playlist. Which are all favorited songs I've heard at least twice.

That's not to mention the rest of the music I've never even heard yet, just sitting on my hard drive.

No, I haven't met you, but I have met people like you. Hur hur hur.

IDK. Its just I churn through music like a combine through so many bushels of wheat. And I was not referencing HL 2 there. lulz

ninjai on
  • Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Nappuccino wrote: »

Oh yeah, shit, I forgot, its all about how much music you listen to on your ipoot.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
    edited January 2011

Oh yeah, shit, I forgot, its all about how much music you listen to on your ipoot.

Number of songs                                                                                2
    {(________________   x  The size of your Ipod ) + (The size of your ears - The size of your Penis  )  }  =   your musical appreciation.

Number of albums

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• no_toastno_toast Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So what unit is the penis size then? Don't go leaving out important stuff like that Nap!

no_toast on
  • GrennGrenn Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hello. I have been quiet on the forums lately due to: illness, training, band rehearsals, work.

Just wanted to stop by and say: CONGRATS ND! Best of luck and I hope you enjoy the new job! Stay Positive! :^:

Grenn on
  • DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Morning, chat. And hello, Grenn.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I got a book from my school library, it's a collection of short essays by designer Michael Bierut, who coincidentally graduated from the same program I'm in currently.

Pretty cool stuff.

Siegfried on
    Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    no_toast wrote: »
    So what unit is the penis size then? Don't go leaving out important stuff like that Nap!

I always go with cubits with religious girls, metric with americans, and standard for europeans, its best to keep them guessing as long as possible before disappointment and depression sets in.

farbekrieg on
    edited January 2011

Penii are obviously measured in quarks because some guys need all the help they can get*.

*Yes this only makes your musical appreciation level smaller.

Nappuccino on

edited January 2011
    My friend's grandma just died like half an hour ago. I can tell he's really shook up about it. Poor guy.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hey guys, I'm confused, how does the part of my Brita water filter empty out into the pitcher? Like how can the pitcher fill up with water when clearly the water I put in weighs less then the water in the pitcher already?

PROX on
    edited January 2011
    I do not understand the question.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
    edited January 2011

Penii are obviously measured in quarks because some guys need all the help they can get*.

*Yes this only makes your musical appreciation level smaller.

I'm glad that we totally forgot about the ear size.

no_toast on
  • PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Like...how does water work? Won't water settle at the same level when pour through a tube?

PROX on
    edited January 2011
    Oh. I don't know. I'd have to see it.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    You might have to illustrate that, Prox. Even owning a Brita pitcher, I've no idea what you're on about.

Also I just plunked down cash for a new version of Flash (CS5), because after 11 years or whatever of Flash 5 it's a little long in the tooth, and it'll be useful to have around if I do freelance work/art tests/etc. in the future.

On the other hand, I work with CS4 all day at work, and find myself wishing I didn't work with Flash CS4 everyday at work, largely because it is the crashiest program I think I've ever used. From what I've heard CS5 is no better, which makes me wonder what on earth Adobe engineers spend their time on.

(Much restraint was used in the above post to refrain from using curse words, despite being wholly appropriate to the situation. Is watching your language considered good form these days in any situation other than when kids are around?)

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I went to Costco with my dad... Id never been shopping there before. I realized that it is overkill for 2 people only.

Edit: I have a PUR water filter that hooks up to the faucet. It saves me the hassle of having to fill up pitchers.

MagicToaster on
    edited January 2011
    Going back to college today. I just have to pack my car.

And boxes.

And find my things to put in boxes.

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuu

Nappuccino on

• MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    PROX wrote: »
    Hey guys, I'm confused, how does the part of my Brita water filter empty out into the pitcher? Like how can the pitcher fill up with water when clearly the water I put in weighs less then the water in the pitcher already?

Water will settle in the lowest point in the pitcher. So even if it goes through a tube that makes a U-turn, if you pour enough water in, it will end up in the bottom of the pitcher

Metalbourne on
  • MoorkusMoorkus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Flash 5

I'm pretty sure that was a release or two before ActionScript 2.0 was released, wasn't it? Just thinking about working with that makes me want to punch my computer.

Moorkus on
    edited January 2011
    Siegfried on
    Kochikens wrote:
    edited January 2011
    Sigh.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hey so you know that feeling you get in your chest, that short of breath sharp pain, from lack of sleep? Yeeaaaahhhhhhhh

Kochikens on
  • MoorkusMoorkus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Siegfried wrote: »

Error #2044: Unhandled skinError!
    Then fear
    that my dance moves will never be as sweet.

Also I found an old angelfire page with one of my ancient qbasic games on it, how I wish the download link still worked: http://www.angelfire.com/il/QBasicSourcePage/filegames.html. Second link from the top, smallarc, 6 / 10, I remember the final version being some annoying abomination with pc-speaker sound that would change your background wallpaper to Pamela Anderson if you failed to kill the final boss. Quality product.

Edit: Exam period with a bunch of stupid papers due in a few days, I know the feeling, sort of / kind of / not really. Hope it works out for the best Kochi.

Moorkus on
    edited January 2011
    Kochikens wrote: »
    Hey so you know that feeling you get in your chest, that short of breath sharp pain, from lack of sleep? Yeeaaaahhhhhhhh

:(

Get some sleep.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, you should get some sleep, it should help.

Also, is it common that people use separate water filters? I remember they sold them here too in the 90's but I haven't seen them since. Do they actually make a difference?

Edit: I think Finland is the worst market for them. The tap water in Helsinki is better than Evian.

no_toast on
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Dutch water, specifically that from my home province is quite good as well. I'ts because there's a lot of chalk in the ground there, which acts as a natural filter, so practically all that needs to be done is take out the excess chalk from the water and it's good to go.

Spectre-x on
  • HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    where I live in the united s of a, I have a pipe that runs in my house, then when I turn a knob, water comes out. that's the extent to which I understand water.

HugmasterGeneral on
  • The_Glad_HatterThe_Glad_Hatter One Sly Fox Underneath a Groovy HatRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Spectre-x wrote: »
    Dutch water, specifically that from my home province is quite good as well. I'ts because there's a lot of chalk in the ground there, which acts as a natural filter, so practically all that needs to be done is take out the excess chalk from the water and it's good to go.

Where in the netherlands are you from actually?

The_Glad_Hatter on
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    ok, I guess I'll sleep

Kochikens on
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2011
    The water here is pretty dreadful, actually - and I come from a city notorious for having brown gunk coming out of the taps. It's not the taste, or the quality, but there's such a high mineral content that it leaves a thick calcite residue on absolutely everything. And interacts in a very strange way with tea, for some reason.

tynic on
    edited January 2011
    The water in my dad's town smells like a combination of chlorine and sewer gas. Only slightly, but still.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Thank you Grenn! :D Thanks for stopping by haha...I will!
    The water in my dad's town smells like a combination of chlorine and sewer gas. Only slightly, but still.

Sometimes in Savannah, we had the same problem. Water coming out of the tap would smell of sulfur. It was horrible having to brush your teeth with it, or take a shower in it. Augh

Luckily it was always temporary, the most it ever lasted was three days.

NightDragon on
  • IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    Three days sounds like waaay to long. Though my old ass building at MICA would occasionally not have water for two days, cause OOPS OLD PIPES. I hated that shit. Baltimore also ranked pretty low on the last tap water thing I saw.

Iruka on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I think the best water I ever tasted was well water in Vermont.

SO. DELICIOUS.

No Brita filter or anything required. Pure tastiness, straight from the tap.

NightDragon on
    edited January 2011
    Cincy's water is pretty good. I drink straight from the tap all the time.

Siegfried on
    Kochikens wrote:
  • IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    It might be so habitual to not drink from the tap that I would be weirded out drinking unfiltered water, but I guess I brush my teeth with the stuff.

Speaking of teeth brushing, a few days ago I picked up a water pick, and it is way stronger than I would have imagined. But I think my teeth are a bit cleaner, so I like it.

Iruka on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I've never tasted water as good as it is here in Colorado, so refreshing aaaaaaah.

Prospicience on
This discussion has been closed.