As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] The Confines || Game Over! Mafia Victory!

• Options
    GarickGarick Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Kay was chosen by the vig.

Garick on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Treaty of the Confines; Article Four

Wherein the needs of the many shall occasionally outweigh the few, a Grand General may be assigned to the Children of the Ancients in the position to restore Law and Order within the Confines. The Grand General holds no authority outside of the Confines, but within, his, or her, word is law.

-So signed, Jacques, Werewolf Child of the Ancients

Jacques returned from the outside, his fur matted with blood, rain, and mud. He glanced at you and growled, there was something fierce, deep, and loathing there but you weren’t sure what. You held in your hand yet another goblet of blood, warm, as though freshly killed, but you knew better. Wherever you were seemed to be the new command post and everybody seemed to be answering to Alejandro.

Alejandro, you found out from your new company in the ‘nursery’, as they were calling it, was the man who had created you. He was, in a sense, your father. At least in this world. Your company was Amaterasu, the werewolf from last night who had been injured trying to protect Delphi the Demon, but failing. She was left with you because due to her failure, the others had decided to not heal her. She was to stay with you and teach you about the Treaty.
    Or at least, that was the plan. While Alejandro and Jacques were arguing over the next attack, a burst of fire, shotguns and was that flame thrower? Erupted nearby. While the others were gathering to look out the windows, Amaterasu saw her moment to redeem herself. With a running leap she burst through the window, determined to protect at least one person, one Child on this night. Her paws raced through the dirt, but as she got closer to the vampire she had chosen to protect, her body was cut down, slaughtered and butchered in half by the katana that was whipping through the air from another Child.

Why the vampire had a Katana at a gun fight, you weren’t sure. But Amaterasu’s body hit the ground in four not so solid pieces, and the breath seemed to leave the Children of the Ancients for that moment. Until, another burst of gunfire ripped through the woods and another of the Children fell. Not the Vampire that had killed Amaterasu, but another wielding a Katana, another of the Fighters for the Children was down. His Twin roared in anger and hurled his Katana at the first moving thing that he saw. A man, it looked a man at least, but the waving of the man’s hands and the katana flew from harming him and landed into yet another.

Diana stood for a moment, glancing at the katana that had pierced her midsection, her eyes turned back to the sorcerer who had tossed it her way, and then the Banshee collapsed to the ground. Another of the werewolves, instincts always coming first, leapt out to shield the dying creature, but the wolf’s hair was caught on fire by the flame thrower of the Hunters. The pain was instant, death was inevitable.

Headquarters was in shambles. Children were scrambling within to try and get everything, all the sensitive information gathered up and put away. Alejandro growled under his breath and glared at Jacques, “Get the fledgling. He is not to be left behind.” Jacques made a move, a start towards Alejandro, his lip curled up in a deep growl of hatred and distrust. Alejandro did not flinch, did not move, merely looked Jacques in the eye and with a small smirk added, “I am the Grand General. You will obey my commands. Next time there is a crisis, don’t get your barbs stuck. You won’t be late that way.”

Jacques let out a deep growl but even as his muscles bunched he could not leap for Alejandro’s throat, much as he obviously wanted to. Instead, he turned to you, grabbing your arm in his massive jaws, but not too hard, he tossed you onto his wide back. “Don’t let go.” You took off at a run, out the backdoor, clinging to Jacques’ fur, you heard Alejandro bark another command to one of Jacques’ pups. “You, stay here. Hold them off. We can afford your death, not ours.”

And into the blinding night you rode.

Results

Kay-banshee; Vigilante
    Tipsy- werewolf guard; Vigilante
    Matev-werewolf; Mafia
    towndrunk-Vampire Vigilant; Mafia
    dragon-werewolf; Vote

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    pezzypezzy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Treaty of the Confines; Article Four

Wherein the needs of the many shall occasionally outweigh the few, a Grand General may be assigned to the Children of the Ancients in the position to restore Law and Order within the Confines. The Grand General holds no authority outside of the Confines, but within, his, or her, word is law.

-So signed, Jacques, Werewolf Child of the Ancients

Jacques returned from the outside, his fur matted with blood, rain, and mud. He glanced at you and growled, there was something fierce, deep, and loathing there but you weren’t sure what. You held in your hand yet another goblet of blood, warm, as though freshly killed, but you knew better. Wherever you were seemed to be the new command post and everybody seemed to be answering to Alejandro.

Alejandro, you found out from your new company in the ‘nursery’, as they were calling it, was the man who had created you. He was, in a sense, your father. At least in this world. Your company was Amaterasu, the werewolf from last night who had been injured trying to protect Delphi the Demon, but failing. She was left with you because due to her failure, the others had decided to not heal her. She was to stay with you and teach you about the Treaty.
    Or at least, that was the plan. While Alejandro and Jacques were arguing over the next attack, a burst of fire, shotguns and was that flame thrower? Erupted nearby. While the others were gathering to look out the windows, Amaterasu saw her moment to redeem herself. With a running leap she burst through the window, determined to protect at least one person, one Child on this night. Her paws raced through the dirt, but as she got closer to the vampire she had chosen to protect, her body was cut down, slaughtered and butchered in half by the katana that was whipping through the air from another Child.

Why the vampire had a Katana at a gun fight, you weren’t sure. But Amaterasu’s body hit the ground in four not so solid pieces, and the breath seemed to leave the Children of the Ancients for that moment. Until, another burst of gunfire ripped through the woods and another of the Children fell. Not the Vampire that had killed Amaterasu, but another wielding a Katana, another of the Fighters for the Children was down. His Twin roared in anger and hurled his Katana at the first moving thing that he saw. A man, it looked a man at least, but the waving of the man’s hands and the katana flew from harming him and landed into yet another.

Diana stood for a moment, glancing at the katana that had pierced her midsection, her eyes turned back to the sorcerer who had tossed it her way, and then the Banshee collapsed to the ground. Another of the werewolves, instincts always coming first, leapt out to shield the dying creature, but the wolf’s hair was caught on fire by the flame thrower of the Hunters. The pain was instant, death was inevitable.

Headquarters was in shambles. Children were scrambling within to try and get everything, all the sensitive information gathered up and put away. Alejandro growled under his breath and glared at Jacques, “Get the fledgling. He is not to be left behind.” Jacques made a move, a start towards Alejandro, his lip curled up in a deep growl of hatred and distrust. Alejandro did not flinch, did not move, merely looked Jacques in the eye and with a small smirk added, “I am the Grand General. You will obey my commands. Next time there is a crisis, don’t get your barbs stuck. You won’t be late that way.”

Jacques let out a deep growl but even as his muscles bunched he could not leap for Alejandro’s throat, much as he obviously wanted to. Instead, he turned to you, grabbing your arm in his massive jaws, but not too hard, he tossed you onto his wide back. “Don’t let go.” You took off at a run, out the backdoor, clinging to Jacques’ fur, you heard Alejandro bark another command to one of Jacques’ pups. “You, stay here. Hold them off. We can afford your death, not ours.”

And into the blinding night you rode.

Results

Kay-banshee; Vigilante
    Tipsy- werewolf guard; Vigilante
    Matev-werewolf; Mafia
    towndrunk-Vampire Vigilant; Mafia
    dragon-werewolf; Vote
    I find it shocking that the Mafia did not vig Roman

pezzy on
  • Options
    Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Told ya...I always tell the truth!

oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Ghostly Clockwork on
    FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

HLRpxno.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    That was certainly well done.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Well FUCK.

Garick on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    And yeah, I can't believe no one killed roman. I think for a variety of reasons we'll get the most information from killing him still. It will make the votes from day 2 and 3 pretty interesting if he's evil.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Garick wrote: »
    Well FUCK.

It looks like your bus driver just got one of the mafia kills off the table. That's not terrible.

Also, Tipsy was the guard? Doubt we are going to have multiple village guards, what say you Phyphor?

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited January 2011
    You are reading it wrong Kias. Thats OUR vig we lost.

Garick on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, I read that wrong, and especially with the red color.

That is a mafia kill of our vig.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Updates are all set. Have fun

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Phyphor

I wanted him dead last night. Want him even more dead tonight.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    In fact... that is pretty much GG now. out of 40 people in game, we lost 15 village aligned people including a seer, guard and vig. and the mafia still have 0 losses meaning a very high percentage of posters are now working against us.

Not only that, but i'm sure to be blamed by the mafia for the loss of the vig and likely either voted out now, or have absolutely nobody else contact me, destroying my attempt at making a network.

Garick on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Garick...How convenient is it that the night you get contacted by a vig is the night one of them gets mafia killed?

Also why is it shocking that i'm still alive? There's a big cohort of people who want my blood. Mafia prefer to hit specials, not "too vocal villagers"

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    It's more that I would have killed you if I were a vig because yours is the death we'd learn the most from. Instead they're apparently busy killing guards.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Well !Phyphor in any case. I was pretty sure before, but the loss of guard all but guarantee's it.

Garick on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Aieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee guarantees. No apostrophe.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    lol... ok. guarantees it. I'm surprised that's what you latched onto though... my sentences are rarely perfect. In fact, I think I used a made up word awhile ago in one of my posts.

Garick on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Aieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee guarantees. No apostrophe.

hahahahaha

you have made HostGoddess Laugh. You get an extra life.

No, not really.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    It's more that I would have killed you if I were a vig because yours is the death we'd learn the most from. Instead they're apparently busy killing guards.

Please elaborate further how my death would tell us anymore than phyphor's or garick's

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    NodgarbNodgarb Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    And yeah, I can't believe no one killed roman. I think for a variety of reasons we'll get the most information from killing him still. It will make the votes from day 2 and 3 pretty interesting if he's evil.

your first thought is Roman when we pretty much know Phyphor is full of it?

Mr Garick. Interesting.

Nodgarb on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Late pushes to keep you from topping the vote each of the last two days.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Uhh what?

I was never a frontrunner either of those two days and surely if i was in danger of eating the vote, i'd have kept it on phyphor?

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    enlightenedbum wrote: View Post
    your first thought is Roman when we pretty much know Phyphor is full of it?

Mr Garick. Interesting.

Lots of people reading wrong... Take a look again who wrote that nodgarb, it wasn't me.

That being said... I find Roman HIGHLY suspect, so far as to be #2 or #3 on my list, but phyphor comes first.

Garick on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Dudes: we had two vigs. Two guards with a mafia roleblock would shock who exactly?

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Sorry, I meant to vote for Phyphor before I left this morning. I see that he is still alive, so allow me to rectify my error.

Phyphor

cheez on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Dudes: we had two vigs. Two guards with a mafia roleblock would shock who exactly?

I wouldn't be surprised at all if we had two guards. I just don't believe Phyphor.

cheez on
  • Options
    Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Phyphor it is then, based on last nights shenanigans.

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Pezzy

pez is nice. crunch crunch

Zandracon on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Effective IMMEDIATELY:

daniant will be replaced by Green

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hooray!

Going to catch up on the thread tomorrow, right now sleep is beckoning

Green on
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I still say Roman. At least we've cleared Garick.

schuss on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    oh no i have made a mistaek by voting dragon

HOW COULD YOU

Mr. Def for being evil

M.D. on
  • Options
    towndrunk34towndrunk34 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    OOOoOOOoOOO
    'oly hell, why me?
    Finally doing something
    and NOPE, mafia hates me.
    OOOoOOOoOOO

towndrunk34 on
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I am predicting that the mafia has been leading us all quite well. With so many dead villagers and them targeting a vocal villager, I would be highly suspicious of the remaining speakers.

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Anybody who talks is probably mafia!

Oh shi-

cheez on
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I am so winning the quiet game.

oh.

crap.

schuss on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Please, everybody knows the quiet supernaturals are the ones to keep your eye on.

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Please, everybody knows the quiet supernaturals are the ones to keep your eye on.

Commonly that can be the case, but I just have this feeling like we're being led around by the nose by some manipulators. There is too much suspicious-ness going on, and the percentages have dwindled severely in our favor for finding mafia. If only we had some vigs to do that stuff with.

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    REG Rysk wrote: »

Commonly that can be the case, but I just have this feeling like we're being led around by the nose by some manipulators. There is too much suspicious-ness going on, and the percentages have dwindled severely in our favor for finding mafia. If only we had some vigs to do that stuff with.

This sort of logic is what leads to villages winning and I won't have it, no siree. What we need is the firm, guiding hand of the mafia to ensure everything turns out alright.

Basically I agree, but with so many vocal players, silly reveals and no dead mafia yet, the noise to information ratio is pretty high.

Cynic Jester on