Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Phalla] The Confines || Game Over! Mafia Victory!

1121315171821

Posts

  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Dude, no need to be rude. I apologized. I made an error. Currently, I'm doped up on cough syrup with codine and steriods because I have a bad case of bronchitus. So I'm not at my best.

    Would you mind providing some logic in voting for Extermattot? I'd just like to verify that it's not a hunch and you're thinking along the same lines as myself.

    Thanks.

    Heffling on
    If a movement doesn't have someone that can sit down opposite those in a position of power and strike a deal, how can that movement achieve success?
  • cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Messiah complex much, Garick?

    cheez on
  • cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Here's what jumped out at me earlier this evening.
    Heffling wrote: »
    !Phyphor and Garick seem like a no brainers at this point.

    Looks like an attempt to make Phyphor and Garick appear equally untrustworthy. And go figure, as soon as Phyphor dies mafia, Heffling tries to get the ball rolling on Garick.

    Heffling for now. I'm going to examine the vote chronology a little more closely tomorrow and see who jumped when.

    cheez on
  • GarickGarick Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Nope... this is just our last chance. We need everyone to follow the confirmed good special so the mafia can no longer manipulate the vote.

    You *should* be happy to see a confirmed good special taking the lead.

    I wonder why not?

    Garick on
  • cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Indeed, with such a sparkling record of picking out mafia as yours, we should all be falling over ourselves to follow your lead.

    Look, I believe you're good. In fact, I've believed it since your initial reveal. But your judgment thus far has been astoundingly bad, and this imperious attitude you're pulling is really not justified. If you have legitimate suspicion of Extermatott, air it! I'll listen, I promise.

    cheez on
  • Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, sorry Garick, but your calls so far have been poor and your reasonings even worse. And the way you argued against Roman, who actually made sense? It just makes it very unlikely that I'll follow your call unless the reasoning is sound. Going "Vote this guy or you are mafia" is not what we call a good reason and just makes you look incredibly suspicious.

    Also, did you busdrive Roman? That's what I gather from your posts and makes this whole thing even more hilarious.

    Cynic Jester on
  • GarickGarick Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    ITT: Mafia who are angry that they can't manipulate the vote anymore.

    Regardless if you like my decisions or not, I am the ONLY person who is confirmed good and has the villages interest at heart.

    This is the ONLY way to take the vote out of the mafia's hands and back to our side.

    Anyone who is remotely concerned about the village will see the logic behind this.

    I will not be making these decisions alone in any case, remember that I am confirmed now, so I will also be speaking with the vig and my mason.

    Give your reasons why you think we should vote for one person or another, I promise your thoughts will be taken into consideration... but DO NOT vote for anyone other then who I mark.

    SO VILLAGE:

    YOU WILL BE VIG'D IF YOU VARY FROM MY CALL, AND YOU WILL ONLY HAVE YOURSELF TO BLAME FOR GOING AGAINST A COMFIRMED GOOD GUY.

    MAFIA:

    PLEASE CHOSE TO VOTE FOR RANDOM PEOPLE, IT'S NICE WHEN YOU MAKE YOURSELF A GLOWING TARGET.

    Garick on
  • Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Garick, just because you are confirmed good does not make you right. If you miss with your call tonight, you'll basically have sunk the network, purely because of the way you put forth the information.

    I'm not disinclined to vote Extermattot for now, but that is based on how he has voted and not your say-so.

    Cynic Jester on
  • schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Man, I have been so wrong... Sorry for the suspicions roman!

    Can we vote for enlightenedbum? I hate bums.

    schuss on
  • GarickGarick Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I never said that i'm guarenteed to be right... We could be wrong. but we will have 3 confirmed good guys making this call.

    Our other option is to let the 7 or so mafia that are still alive have fun manipulating the remaining villagers or even start their own bandwagon on someone, with the organization that they can put forth, getting a few villagers to agree wouldn't be difficult.

    Garick on
  • KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Narration fluff doesn't confirm anything Garick, though I do believe you are village aligned. Your previous attempt to organize got our vig killed, so take a deep breath and move the mouse cursor away from the font size menu.

    I agree with Cheez on the Heffling vote and I believe looking back will show vote records support this wagon. I will check back if I have time today to give examples.

    Kias on
    steam_sig.png

  • CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Agreed.

    No proof Garick is the sorcerer. And without a direct quote (I'll find later) there is no proof the sorcerer is good.

    Also you claimed bandwagon ability for your friend. It was used on you and romanqwerty?! what? why? He was clearly village (at least to me) and a high profile target for the mafia. Especially since he went after Phyphor putting him in our good graces. If you really are good, you put yourself in a lot of risk of getting hit by the mafia last night. Or you were not at risk because you are mafia or are in contact with them as a neutral.

    CaptainPlanet82 on
    Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • GarickGarick Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yes yes mafia... keep trying to discredit me. You are really putting all your eggs in one basket though. You better hope you fool the rest of the village.

    Garick on
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Everybody is mafia but me!

    Can I vote for Garick on the principle that, as a villager, I don't want to win with him as the network head?

    You want to be a network head and help us win, do it without being such a silly, silly goose please.

    And again, you can keep deflecting their comments, but I want to know your REASONING for the Extermatott vote, since your record until now has been pretty godawful.

    REG Rysk on
  • schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    Everybody is mafia but me!

    Can I vote for Garick on the principle that, as a villager, I don't want to win with him as the network head?

    You want to be a network head and help us win, do it without being such a silly, silly goose please.

    And again, you can keep deflecting their comments, but I want to know your REASONING for the Extermatott vote, since your record until now has been pretty godawful.

    but..but...but... Mr. D said you were mafia. He seems trustworthy, even if he is mafia (according to his list)

    schuss on
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Wow. This is just like Paranoia.

    If you don't do what I say, you are a traitor.
    If you disagree with me, you are a traitor.

    You really don't have a good track record:
    Day 1 - Dunadan, Banshee
    Day 2 - The Anonymous - Killed by Mafia
    Day 3 - Phyphor (failed)
    Day 4 - Phyphor, Mafia

    So, you got on the bandwagon that everyone else did and took down one mafia person.

    At the same time, you've revealed to be a busdriver or in contact with one. You've claimed to have had at least 3, if not 4, vig's deflected from you to other players. We know from the narration that at least one of these was the one that killed Romanqwerty, a villager, and we know from previous deaths that all others must be villagers as well.

    So yeah, while you can be considered a confirmed villager at this point who cannot be vig'd, you have an EXCEEDINGLY bad track record in picking mafia. You could have easily had the same track record just by picking names out of a hat.

    So, all I'm asking is a simple request. Why vote for Extremattot? I have my own suspicions about him, and would like to see if we're thinking along the same lines.

    @Cheez - I was extremely suspicious of both Phyphor and Garrick. It shouldn't be that surprising that when one goes down, I target the other. Look at my previous postings and you'll see why I've been suspicious of both.

    @Kias - Voting History:
    Day 1: Romanqwerty (bandwagon)
    Day 2: Romanqwerty (suspicion)
    Day 3: Garick, changed to Phyphor later.
    Day 4: Phyphor

    Heffling on
    If a movement doesn't have someone that can sit down opposite those in a position of power and strike a deal, how can that movement achieve success?
  • GarickGarick Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    If you are trying to discredit me by my track record... that's absolutely retarded. Its been the same track record as every single other person in this phalla, so don't act like i've been doing any worse then yourselves.

    The difference is, unlike a large portion of the posters now. i'm not actively TRYING to vote out good people.
    If you would like to take your chances with the mafia chosing who should die, be my guest.

    Giving a reason for Extremattot is pointless, because at this point you are either voting with the network or you are not.

    but since you are new, yes it's a combination of things including his voting record.

    The thing is... even if you guys don't fall for the mafia's trick and follow my plan, at best that gives us good guys 2 kills vs the bad guys 2 kills every day, and since they have a list of who is bad, they won't ever miss.

    Once again though, this is our best chance... if not, we are going to have a 1 kill vs 3 scenario, and that's not a race we can win.

    Garick on
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Garick, I'm going to give you some free advice about how to be a good network head. That is because you are being a bad one right now.

    1. If people ask for a reason on a vote, you should give it. There is absolutely no purpose to not sharing this. Any villagers out there who are unsure or leery of you in the network or the integrity of said network will not fall in line, especially when you flat out refuse to provide that information.

    2. Telling people to 'do what I say or you are going to die' is not helpful to the village. You force the mafia to vote for the bandwagon target as well, and leave yourself with nothing further to investigate at a later date.

    2.1 This strategy works even less if the people don't believe the network is in good shape. THE REMAINING VIG TRIED TO KILL YOU YESTERDAY. YOU CLEARLY SEEM TO BE IN COMPLETE CONTROL OF THIS NETWORK HUR HUR HUR (If you can't tell, I was being sarcastic).

    3. Don't respond inflammatorily every time somebody discounts you. You are assuming every person in the mafia will try to discredit the network head, and you are incorrect. A good mafia isn't going to openly and outright oppose you because it makes them obvious. Inflammatory counters make you look like a silly goose, and make you look suspicious.

    REG Rysk on
  • GarickGarick Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Of course i'm trying to force the mafia to vote for the target... do you understand that they make up nearly HALF the remaining people?

    This means that almost HALF the posters only want to see me die or otherwise discredit me.

    If we do this on a normal vote, without being forced to follow me, they at MOST need to convince a just a few people to vote along with them and the game will be over tonight.

    Garick on
  • CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Well, I have to say, Garick. I'm not saying you are not village. But your track record this game gives me no reason to trust you.

    Questions which I need to research:

    - why didn't the busdriver try protect Kellie? Was Garick's ass on the line at that time too?

    - if garick and the busdriver are masoned, why would they risk targets on roman hitting back at garick? This is where you odds of being mafia make the most sense. Or that although vanilla phalla, you are neutral with mafia contacts.

    - is it possible that garick's mason buddy is the OTHER vig? Busdrive wouldn't have been needed then.

    - Heffling. Putting forth good reasoning and logic. But just recently pointed at as potential mafia. Coincidence? Maybe

    - Kias. Veteran player? Yes. Possibly mafia? Yes. Do I think he is at the moment? Nope.

    but you still get my vote for the moment, Heffling.

    CaptainPlanet82 on
    Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • GarickGarick Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Wow... the mafia really is going to try to brute force it huh? Well... makes sense given the number of you left. To be honest, Heff sounded like a fairly good target to me too.

    What I find hilarious though? Heff is getting bandwagoned by you guys and he's still railing against me. Go you man.

    Garick on
  • schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Wow, looking back on the thread (stupid queries locking up all but the web browser!), there are actually a lot of sketchy characters. I'm fine with voting for Exterma, but what of the following:
    enlightenedbum - last to switch to dragon, some random doubt-sowing posts, gone silent since he was mentioned as a suspect
    cheez - generally shifty
    Mr. D - who knows? (really don't think this one, just thought I'd include him for fun)

    Not going to make a call now, as I have apparently been wrong the whole game. I just don't want to string up another person without sufficient evidence, and I don't 100% trust anyone at this point.

    schuss on
  • NodgarbNodgarb Registered User
    edited January 2011
    what if we all vote willy-nilly so that Garick could threaten to vig us all since we didn't listen to him? "confirmed-village-network-head" or not, I think we could use a little less"VOTE WITH ME OR YOU ARE MAFIA AND I WILL VIG YOU!!!!!!1!one"

    & seriously, how hard is it to get a reason besides "just do it?" Especially now that you say Heffing sounds like a good target as well. Why aren't we voting for Heffing instead?

    Put yourself in our shoes Mr. Vote-with-me-or-I-will-vig-you. Do you want to be lead around like that?

    That all being said, Heffing because of reasons I'm not going to tell you (actually it's because Exter is tryign to get shoved down my throat but I'll probably change my vote after I have had some coffee)

    Vote with me or you are mafia! Bam.

    Nodgarb on
  • schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The more I think about it, the more I think Garick isn't mafia - he's neutral. He could be busdriving himself, and it would explain why he's pushed for the deaths of what turned out to be mafia and village. If he has a win condition like "get x kills via others vigging/mafia'ing you", it would explain his agitation of others of (presumably) both sides.

    However, note that I was 100% wrong on roman, so please feel free to ignore.

    schuss on
  • ExtermatottExtermatott Registered User
    edited January 2011
    Garick definately shouldn't be trusted as a network head. Due to reasons mentioned above, but Heffling because the reasons he has failed to mention in his large bold font.

    Extermatott on
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I am ok with Heffling, but totally expect him to turn up village and us to lose it all today.

    Also, I'm spiting Garick on purpose.

    REG Rysk on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    HEFFING

    M.D. on
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King Walls of Jakiro Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm glad you yelled at him so I didn't have to Rysk!

    Heffling for bandwagony goodness.

    Quick question Garick, your probably village aligned at the very least so why did you busdrive to roman? He was right about Phyphor (which obviously means I look like a idiot now) and was acting in the villages interest.

    The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Alt_RavenAlt_Raven Registered User
    edited January 2011
    Heffling

    BAAAAANNNDDD WAAGGOONNNN

    Alt_Raven on
    You touched my Tra-La-La!
  • schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Comedy Mr D. Vote as my vote doesn't really matter on this one. He DID admit he was mafia, you know.

    schuss on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    indeed I did

    M.D. on
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    A powerful gambit but...will it work?

    Is one mafia enough to sway our hearts Mister D?

    REG Rysk on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    only if he knows how to sing and dance

    M.D. on
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Garick wrote: »
    If you are trying to discredit me by my track record... that's absolutely retarded. Its been the same track record as every single other person in this phalla, so don't act like i've been doing any worse then yourselves.

    Essentially, everyone wasted their votes on the first two days, went for Dragon or Phyphor on day 3, and went for Phyphor on day 4. Your voting record is pretty much the same as others.

    But at the same time, you've admitted to being in contact with or being a busdriver, and claim to have 3 deflected vigs on you. Your busdriver targets in each case were a villager, which means that you do have a much worse track record at picking out mafia.
    Garick wrote: »
    The difference is, unlike a large portion of the posters now. i'm not actively TRYING to vote out good people.
    If you would like to take your chances with the mafia chosing who should die, be my guest.

    I made a mistake. As your next paragraph shows, I'm a new player. I also apologized and withdrew my vote. I think if you re-read all of your postings objectively, you will see why you have come across so suspiciously.
    Garick wrote: »
    Giving a reason for Extremattot is pointless, because at this point you are either voting with the network or you are not.

    but since you are new, yes it's a combination of things including his voting record.

    Ok, I agree about the voting record. However, you state it's a combination of things, so what other things make him suspicious?

    You're coming across as a dictator in your approach to being a network head, in an entirely democratic game. I don't think it's going to work. Would it really be that difficult to put together a list of his votes, why they make him suspicious, and any relevant quotes you feel support a vote on him?
    Garick wrote: »
    The thing is... even if you guys don't fall for the mafia's trick and follow my plan, at best that gives us good guys 2 kills vs the bad guys 2 kills every day, and since they have a list of who is bad, they won't ever miss.

    Once again though, this is our best chance... if not, we are going to have a 1 kill vs 3 scenario, and that's not a race we can win.

    Right, and all you're doing right now is driving the village to be more fractured, rather than bringing people together. I'm trying to help you right now, and I don't think you're seeing it that way due to my past suspicions of you. But a great example is the vote right now. I am far in the lead even though you've been calling for Extremattot, which shows that you're current approach isn't working.

    A Phalla is all about information, right? If you want to be a good network head, you need to share information with the village. Because of the nature of a phalla, this means you can either only share with a very limited number of villagers (the Masons), or you have to share with all villagers and the Mafia.

    Quite frankly, if your logic is sound, there's not a lot that the Mafia can do about it. So my question is, why are you holding back? All it's accomplishing is driving the votes away from Extrematott.

    Heffling on
    If a movement doesn't have someone that can sit down opposite those in a position of power and strike a deal, how can that movement achieve success?
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Heffling wagon. Heffling wagon!

    Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Quick question Garick, your probably village aligned at the very least so why did you busdrive to roman? He was right about Phyphor (which obviously means I look like a idiot now) and was acting in the villages interest.

    In my opinion, it's because Roman was shaping up to be a village leader, and Garick really wants to be that person. Hopefully he can mature enough in a short period of time to do a good job at it, as he's currently the only option.

    Heffling on
    If a movement doesn't have someone that can sit down opposite those in a position of power and strike a deal, how can that movement achieve success?
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    !Heffling was a good vote days ago, he remains a good vote.

    enlightenedbum on
    Herbert Hoover got 40% of the vote in 1932. Friendly reminder.
  • ExtermatottExtermatott Registered User
    edited January 2011
    Garick is a silly goose, but you are even more silly, Heffling!

    Extermatott on
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I disagree, Garick is the silliest of geese right now.

    Oh, and FYI oh master of the network, if we're still alive tomorrow and Heffling is a villager, I'll be full out voting you off the island. At least your terrible bus driving will stop then.

    REG Rysk on
  • pezzypezzy Registered User
    edited January 2011
    Oooooh drama. Silly geese.

    I'll go with an extermatott vote. Not because Garrick says so, but because Roman said so before he died. Which is probably why Garrick is picking him too. My guess is Garrick isn't giving a reason because Romans suggestion is his reason, and admitting that means admitting Roman was our network head.

    pezzy on
Sign In or Register to comment.